Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't make the race tonight so I'm watching the live feed (via desktop browser). It's pretty choppy and grainy, but not entirely unwatchable. However, I'm currently not getting any sound at all. :indiff:

EDIT: I should mention that I don't think it's a local sound issue as I was able to hear the advertisement that came up just fine.

EDIT...AGAIN: Ok, so the sound is working, it's just really, really faint. I had to max my speaker volume in order to hear anything (that's with the streaming widget volume maxed as well).

Last edited:
Great timing!!!:mad: Aside from a sloppy first lap from myself (sorry about that punt, Blind) I had guests knock at the door right after we started! Didn't wanna take a chance of creating lag, so I found a place to park. Sorry guys.:guilty:

Great timing!!!:mad: Aside from a sloppy first lap from myself (sorry about that punt, Blind) I had guests knock at the door right after we started! Didn't wanna take a chance of creating lag, so I found a place to park. Sorry guys.:guilty:

I don't actually think you hit me on the last turn, I think I just lost it on cold tires, haha, it doesn't really matter to me I'm just out there to have fun. Either way, excellent showing of sportsmanship. I do think you may have got someone else though on the last chicane on the first lap...I was behind both of you but I don't recall who it was now.

Here are the results for Tuesday Night: Round 3, Nurburgring GP/D. Congratulations to iForce on his second win!

imagehp.jpg

I realized a fatal flaw with my live broadcast plan.....it's interfering with my connection. The video feed was choppy and my race was choppy, both running on the same connection. Duh. :dunce: So, I'm going to switch to Ustream because I can do that from my iPhone and it won't use any of my bandwidth. Quality should be better, both video and sound. It's still just a webcam in front of a tv so it's never going to be incredible quality, but I'll eventually get something figured out that works well. 👍

Great race everyone, I presume. I was by mysef most of the race, never could get a good feel for the track. Looked like it was super close between 1st and 2nd though!

B

I think that was Brandon, sorry bout that too. When Blind was sliding in the dirt, looked like we were gonna make contact again so I wasnt watching behind me and I think I cut B off. I'm writing this one off, fellas...hope I didn't wreck anyones race.

I think that was Brandon, sorry bout that too. When Blind was sliding in the dirt, looked like we were gonna make contact again so I wasnt watching behind me and I think I cut B off. I'm writing this one off, fellas...hope I didn't wreck anyones race.

Yeah, I wasn't sure what happened there. I came around the corner and saw some smoke, then you were in the track and I plowed right into you. Since you weren't really moving I figured I wasn't obigated to give any position back. lol

Was a very good race last night. Had a good battle with Tri and Lancer for a few laps before I got a good run out of the final corner one lap and was able to pull far enough ahead to break the draft. It's frustrating but rewarding to try and tune this little beast...lol. I figure by the 5th race I might actually figure it out!!

A suggestion Brandon. Now that after this week we'll have three races in the bag, do you think it's possible that our updated standings can include only our best 2/3, 3/4, 4/5 races? We are dropping the lowest one anyway and it might make things a little clearer as to who is where in the standings and who our rivals are. Last time we did the series we didn't calculate the drop of the lowest race until the very end and no one was really sure who was where until the series was over.

A suggestion Brandon. Now that after this week we'll have three races in the bag, do you think it's possible that our updated standings can include only our best 2/3, 3/4, 4/5 races? We are dropping the lowest one anyway and it might make things a little clearer as to who is where in the standings and who our rivals are. Last time we did the series we didn't calculate the drop of the lowest race until the very end and no one was really sure who was where until the series was over.

I've thought about this, but I think updating as we go would have the same confusing effect because somebody could have a new worse race that would be dropped (instead of the one that's already "dropped") and really shake up their points standings.

After the 4th race I can tally the points with the worst result eliminated so that would give us a clearer picture going into the final round. But it still won't be entirely accurate because the final race could end up being their worst result which would alter their points from what they were before the finale.

Does any of that make sense?

B

Sign me up Brandon!

#8 nmcp1 (nmcp1): Grey-Black / Black

nmcp1
Tuesday: no
Friday: yes
Saturday: sometimes

Sorry I've been AWOL recently. WIll try and make Friday.

I checked out the stream briefly last night (prior to the race starting) and it seemed to be working. But it did cause my browser (Safari) to crash after a while :lol:

OP has been updated with Tuesday night's results and points. Sorry for the delay, been busy the last 2 days and haven't been around the computer much.

So, we're 3 rounds into the season so far and I thought this would be a good time to get a little feedback from the group about how things are going. I've been very pleased with everything from the thread to qualifying to the races, but I'm always open to way I can improve things. I tried releasing everyone as a group for qualifying tuesday night and asked that everyone spread out on the warm up lap to give everyone room and it seemed to work out fine so we'll try that method from here on out. It's a little easier and quicker and allows us to be sure the whole event is wrapped up within an hour.

Let me know your thoughts so far, if you have any suggestions or criticisms. It's been a real treat racing with everyone in this group, some of the best races I've ever been in and I truly look forward to every event! Thanks to everyone for your support and participation in making this a successful series! 👍

Brandon

Qualifying groups need to be based on practice speed so all the drivers on the track are running at the same pace.

Drivers who leave the game and let their bob drive while others are qualifying need to be spanked and sent to bed w/o their supper.I dont care about why they left,but pull the damn car off the track and set the parking brake.

Brandon, I thought letting everyone separate themselves on the warm up lap worked well, but splitting the groups according to practice speeds would help. Duder managed to catch up to me while we were qualifying (lapped me), I recognized what was going on and moved over, bit I'm sure it effected both our laps.

Not using the pause button while your car is on the track with others is a no-brain-er, that should be avoided during any race related session. There are instances that come up that one may have to set down a controller, but you should pull completely out of the way and use the park brake.

Qualifying groups need to be based on practice speed so all the drivers on the track are running at the same pace.

Drivers who leave the game and let their bob drive while others are qualifying need to be spanked and sent to bed w/o their supper.I dont care about why they left,but pull the damn car off the track and set the parking brake.

@ your first point: I don't know how it's even possible to send people out for qualifying based on their practice speed. I'd have to watch the live timing monitor (when it's working) during all of practice write down every individual lap that every driver runs during the whole practice session. Then I'd have to tally them all up and sort them, considering some drivers probably turn 50-100 laps during practice sessions, that's a crap load of data to go through and it means I would not be able to get any practice in. It's a good idea, it's just not feasible.

@ your second point: I agree. There was quite a bit of juvenile behavior during Tuesdays race, culminating in 1 driver leaving his car on ghost-pilot during qualifying and interfering with people trying to put down fast laps. Unacceptable. Some of us do take this somewhat seriously and want to do our best, so it would be appreciated if this type of thing is kept to a minimum.

Related to that point, I think we also need to keep the chatter down during qualifying. It's fun for the group watching to discuss the split times and such but it can be very distracting for those on track. Occasional chit-chat is fine if it's necessary, but I think we should respect those on track and let them concentrate during their qualifying runs.

B

Maybe it does not need to be as technical as the practice speeds, we all have a pretty good idea of who the fastest are. Let's just try to put the guys that are qualifying for the pole position in a group together, and then the ones that still struggle a bit (like myself, lol). I think that should be an easier solution.

Maybe it does not need to be as technical as the practice speeds, we all have a pretty good idea of who the fastest are. Let's just try to put the guys that are qualifying for the pole position in a group together, and then the ones that still struggle a bit (like myself, lol). I think that should be an easier solution.

That's a good suggestion. The only problem is that people tend to walk away from their PS3 when qualifying starts and when I ask them to go to the pits for qualifying they don't respond and I have to send somebody else in their place. Also, some people stagger in after the first group has gone out so they are automatically put in the second group. I will try to send drivers out by their points standings, that should be a pretty good way to group the faster drivers together and the slower drivers together.

B

Suggestions...8PM start would work best for me to insure I'm done by 9PM. However I don't have a problem leaving before the end of the race if I have to, which I've done already. I believe t_ray_z28 was the person who wanted it pushed back but he's not competing. Maybe revisit the times next season or something.

Gonna take that as a "yes, we're busy racing"... Knew I wouldn't make it in time to these things. Thats why I fell off the thread..

I agree with Mudd, we know who's going to be the faster ones (and who's not - myself).

Here's my suggestion.

Run three races a week.

Each person can race say on Tuesday. However the top 3 lock their spits and get points for their podiums. 2nd and 3rd can drop their position and come back next week to try and improve.

So if you win. You are done for the week. Three winners a week. 2 down can run every race however where they finish 3rd race will be their points position.

If say a person get 2nd race two of three. He takes the position. Done for the week and gets 2nd place points.

This offers a lot of racing as well it gives freedom. Should make for an incredible points battle.

Suggestions...8PM start would work best for me to insure I'm done by 9PM. However I don't have a problem leaving before the end of the race if I have to, which I've done already. I believe t_ray_z28 was the person who wanted it pushed back but he's not competing. Maybe revisit the times next season or something.

I tried to start a little earlier this week so we could be done by 9, we finished a couple minutes after 9 but I'm glad you were able to finish. It seemed like everybody was there by 8 so I will get qualifying started by 8pm EDT from now on.

Here's my suggestion.

Run three races a week.

Each person can race say on Tuesday. However the top 3 lock their spits and get points for their podiums. 2nd and 3rd can drop their position and come back next week to try and improve.

So if you win. You are done for the week. Three winners a week. 2 down can run every race however where they finish 3rd race will be their points position.

If say a person get 2nd race two of three. He takes the position. Done for the week and gets 2nd place points.

This offers a lot of racing as well it gives freedom. Should make for an incredible points battle.

Good idea, but too much "paperwork" involved. Between this league and the ASRA I already have my hands very full keeping the threads updated and practicing for the different events. There would just be way too much stuff to keep track of. I like the premise though, and have thought about different approaches to this method but haven't been able to come up with a good, simple solution.

My take on it would be that there is one points standings but everybody is free to run in all 3 races like they are now. Your best finish for the week would go towards your points standings, so if you race all 3 nights and get 1st, 3rd and 5th only the 1st place would count towards points and the other 2 would be tossed. If you only race on 1 night, that finish will go towards your points. The only problem with this method is that we could potentially have 3 different people get 1st place for the week (as well as other duplicate positions). But after a whole season I don't think that would be a big deal because it would all average out.

That's my take on it. I think the current system works fine but I think the system I just proposed would create some more interesting points battles and let everyone feel like they were competing together instead of just with the one night's group.

B

I like where you took it. This gives a fair shake at championship points to the racer that can only catch one or two races a week.

I like the format. Qualifying in 2 groups works very well. I would like a race of more than 1 lap though (just joking).

Maybe after all the races are run, instead of calculating and deleting races, the top 5 of each day will have a final run off (say if someone is in the top 5 of all 3 days, that person will only keep the highest spot)?

I like the format. Qualifying in 2 groups works very well. I would like a race of more than 1 lap though (just joking).

Maybe after all the races are run, instead of calculating and deleting races, the top 5 of each day will have a final run off (say if someone is in the top 5 of all 3 days, that person will only keep the highest spot)?

I plan on doing something similar to that after the season finishes. I'm going to take the top finishers from each night and have them run in a longer race for the overall championship to decide the true Top Dog of Capp's. 👍

B

My take on it would be that there is one points standings but everybody is free to run in all 3 races like they are now. Your best finish for the week would go towards your points standings, so if you race all 3 nights and get 1st, 3rd and 5th only the 1st place would count towards points and the other 2 would be tossed. If you only race on 1 night, that finish will go towards your points. The only problem with this method is that we could potentially have 3 different people get 1st place for the week (as well as other duplicate positions). But after a whole season I don't think that would be a big deal because it would all average out.

I think this would be a great idea. I generally can only make the friday race, but if i missed it, it would be nice to do the saturday race and have those points given to an overall championship. This concept would work really well...

On the current qualy system, i dont think there is any other way to do it but how you currently are... Send people out on there room entry order. Any other system would be too "hard" for you to facilitate. I still believe we need two groups just to give each other the necessary space required to get in the clean laps.

Keep up the good work.

On a side note, has anyone else been experiencing online "trouble" since the latest game update was released??

Vodas...

@ your first point: I don't know how it's even possible to send people out for qualifying based on their practice speed. I'd have to watch the live timing monitor (when it's working) during all of practice write down every individual lap that every driver runs during the whole practice session. Then I'd have to tally them all up and sort them, considering some drivers probably turn 50-100 laps during practice sessions, that's a crap load of data to go through and it means I would not be able to get any practice in. It's a good idea, it's just not feasible.

B
There is no need to record anything other than the order the people finished in.If all the drivers are in the pits at the end of practice then the timing should have the drivers listed in order based on fast lap minus your name.As Mudd said its probably pretty clear who is running at speed at this point so this shouldnt be that hard.I would think that the slower group would like to qualify with split times closer to what they are running than seeing that 43.1 that Brosif put up Tuesday.

In regards to people missing there spot in qualifying tell them to back out of the room or boot them.When they back out of line and re-enter the room they will be at the bottom of the list and should start the race at the back of the field.Thats the penalty for not being ready to run.

If they are signed up to race like the rest of us then show up when your name is called or get out-its that simple really.

If you would like me to i will sit in the Friday night session and be the time keeper since i wont run again until Saturday.

There is no need to record anything other than the order the people finished in.If all the drivers are in the pits at the end of practice then the timing should have the drivers listed in order based on fast lap minus your name.

This is not the case. It would show the names on the side according to their position in the pits, which is decided randomly as far as I can tell. Once you enter the pits for the first time it chooses a pitstall for you and you remain there until you leave the room. The leaderboard on the right side of the screen rarely shows the proper order based on times because it has more to do with physical location on track. You and I tested this, when we were both in the pits and one would leave, their ranking would change when they passed the other car. If I passed you on track it would rank me as first even though I hadn't beaten your time. That leaderboard does more harm than good.

As for missing a qualifying session, if somebody lets me know that they need to do something real quick and would like to go in the second group I have no problem with that. However, if a car is left on "auto-pilot" again during qualifying, that driver will be asked to leave and rejoin the room so their qualifying time is erased and they will start at the back.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back