Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in my private lounge. try to follow somebody in by going to the yellow circle above their coffee cup

Great racing with everyone again today! Special thanks to GTP_LancerEvo7 for exemplifying generous sportsmanship. He let the entire field pass him on after the first corner on lap 1 in order to let me re-pass because of a bump that pushed me wide which I couldn't recover from. I won't forget that gesture dude! :cheers:

Apologies to Brandon for a pretty hard bump in the last corner of one of the early laps as we were all jockeying for position. I'm scared to look at the replay and see how bad it was... :nervous: Good thing the hit actually straightened him out! :dunce:

Seems like the Nurburgring is going to be great fun. See you all on the tarmac soon. 👍

Here are the results for Saturday, Round 2: Deep Forest - Reverse. Congratulations to iforce on being in the right place at the right time and getting the easy win. 👍

imagezbw.jpg

Everything went very smooth today and there were several examples of gentlemanly racing, most notably Lancer_Evo allowing the whole field to go by in order to give TriEluzai his position back after accidently taking him out in turn one. So 👍 for that mate, you set a great example for the rest of us.

:cheers:

Brandon

Hi everyone.
Getting a little tired of rammers, grommets and bad hosts. Would love to try something new.

Let me know if there's space for 1 more.
Thanks

Just wanted to check in to let you know to keep me registered. I've been busy lately, but I should be able to start making races this week.

Hi everyone.
Getting a little tired of rammers, grommets and bad hosts. Would love to try something new.

Let me know if there's space for 1 more.
Thanks

We're close to capacity but we might have room for one more depending on what nights are good for you. I think we have the most room on Saturday's but Tuesday and Friday were both pretty full this week. Let me know when is good for you and I'll see if we can fit you in.

Brandon

Well Mudd will no longer be playing with us...his PS3 took a tragic turn for the worse...

Oh man, that's terrible! :( I hope and pray that doesn't happen to mine, but it gets a LOT of use because of GT5 so I often worry. I hope he can get it fixed!

I'm already tearing it apart. I've repaired the "yellow light of death" once before. Not sure how many times one can get away with that, but if it comes down to it, I've got a credit card! Alright, I'm going in, wish me luck...

So an update from me - I'm currently computerless so I won't be able to ninja post like usual (had to give my work computer back). Should be remedied in the upcoming days but posting from my phone is a 🤬

Did some experiments and searching on my wheel. It would appear that one of the motors is burning out :( luckily its only three months old so I'm hoping logitech will hook me up with a new one or help me fix this one :) It's amazing what having your steering wheel an inch or two off center can do to your consistency. It basically feels like having your alignment off in a real car - way too easy to turn left and normal to turn right :P

On another positive note - I still have my trust dfgt at my moms so I'll still be able to be somewhat competitive hopefully while I'm waiting on the fix.

Not gonna bother with talkin about last nights race. Id had a loooooong day and wanted my gt5 for destressin. My wheel not workin kinda threw a wrench in that plan :P Tomorrows movin day for me so hopefully I'll be online 👍

Got it back together, raced for about 2 hrs no problems...and I think it made me faster!?!:D

Got it back together, raced for about 2 hrs no problems...and I think it made me faster!?!:D

Excellent news: Is yours an original 'fat' model or a new slim one? Just asking as my ps3 slim makes some weird noises after a few hours on GT5.

Great to hear mate!! I really wasn't looking forward to running the Capp's without getting a little Mudd on my car from time to time. :cheers:

Anybody gonna be up for some fun Capp racing this evening? iforce was saying yesterday that he wants to go back to la Sarthe and I'm really itching to do some more oval racing with the Capp's! Both were a total blast and produced some incredible drafting battles. I think I have some stuff to do during the day be should be free by late afternoon, maybe 5 or 6pm EDT.

B

"Excellent news: Is yours an original 'fat' model or a new slim one? Just asking as my ps3 slim makes some weird noises after a few hours on GT5."

I havn't heard of that happening on the slims, I think they are safe from the YLOD. Mines the launch model 60g fatty.

nmcp1 was on last night and had popped into the Cappy league race Friday. He liked the looks of things. Had him racing F1 last night at Monaco. He was liking that too. So hopefully with a little luck we will have Nuno back racing with us.

To the rest nmcp1 was major competition for B and I's first league races here. Great racer with an excellent personality. Be a true asset to have him racing.

Hey everyone, we'll be using Livestream to broadcast Capp races as wel as ASRA events and the iPhone app is free today! It's normally $5 so any of you iPhone owners should grab it while you can! Just thought I'd let you know so you can tune into Capp races when you can't participate. :)

B

Last edited:
Hey everyone, we'll be using Livestream to broadcast Capp races as wel as ASRA events and the iPhone app is free today! It's normally $5 so any of you iPhone owners should grab it while you can! Just thought I'd let you know so you can tune into Capp races when you can't participate. :)

B

Good shout! Just downloaded it, looks pretty good :) I love getting expensive apps for free hehe. I'm usually on this on my iPod so hopefully it'll get some use

I should be hoping online shortly and wil probably open up a room for some fun Capp races if anybody's interested. Capp's at the Daytona Oval has been calling me all day! :) lol

B

nmcp1 was on last night and had popped into the Cappy league race Friday. He liked the looks of things. Had him racing F1 last night at Monaco. He was liking that too. So hopefully with a little luck we will have Nuno back racing with us.

To the rest nmcp1 was major competition for B and I's first league races here. Great racer with an excellent personality. Be a true asset to have him racing.

I'm blushing. . . . lol Thanks Jeff. Hope to see you and Brandon on track as well as some new (for me) clean racers. Subscribed!

-Nuno

I'm blushing. . . . lol Thanks Jeff. Hope to see you and Brandon on track as well as some new (for me) clean racers. Subscribed!

-Nuno

Welcome Nuno, great to have you! Other than some occasional incidents there has been some great racing in this series so far. I think some of us are still learning the trade but that's kind of the point of the series too. The Capp's are a great car to get your "racing legs" with, but in the right hands can be very fast and fun too! Check the OP for some video highlights, I'm about to add a new one right now.

Let me know what night is best for you, I'm guessing it will be Friday since it's after 9pm.

B

StigsHero

B
This sounds awesome Brandon. I was able to pickup the app for free, but I haven't been able to locate your feed on Livestream yet. What will the stream's name be and what is your handle?

This sounds awesome Brandon. I was able to pickup the app for free, but I haven't been able to locate your feed on Livestream yet. What will the stream's name be and what is your handle?

I believe our main stream will be livestream.com/ASRA, but we might have alternate streams available for multiple views during the race. It might only show up when we're live, I don't know. I'm new to livestream so I'm going to dig into it today and learn all I can about what it can do. Should be pretty cool! If I get it figured out I'll probably try to broadcast all the Capp Cup races 👍

Does anybody here have any experience with livestream?

B

Last edited:
Anybody gonna be up for some fun Capp racing this evening? iforce was saying yesterday that he wants to go back to la Sarthe and I'm really itching to do some more oval racing with the Capp's! Both were a total blast and produced some incredible drafting battles. I think I have some stuff to do during the day be should be free by late afternoon, maybe 5 or 6pm EDT.

B

la Sarthe and the ovals were real fun. If y'all open a room let me know. Maybe we could add la Sarthe as the season finale?

I've been having some problems with connecting to lobbies today (read: I drop within a minute of joining/creating a room, even if I clear my cache). I'm in my lobby right now, with nobody else in it, so if any of you could hop in and just mess around, and test my connection, that'd be great.

Mule, did you have any luck? I remember you were having problems on Friday too. Hope you get it straightened out, I know it's frustrating. 👎

Just a reminder that we are at Nurburgring GP/D tonight, qualifying will start a little aftr 8pm. We'll try to get things started a bit earlier than last week, qualifying will be 8 minutes per session, 2 groups. I'm going to try a group release for qualifying and leave it up to you guys to keep distance between yourselves so everyone gets a clean hot lap, as opposed to me releasing you 1 at a time. I'll have each group go to the pits until I say "the track is green" and then everyone will be free to enter the track at staggered intervals. We're all familiar with the procedure by now and the last few races worked out very well and we didn't have any traffic problems. This track is large enough that everyone should be able to get spread out on your warm up lap.

Also, I will be broadcasting tonight's qualifying and race through livestream. It will just be my view during the actual race but I'm usually in the middle of the pack so it should provide some good viewing! I'll post the details and the link in the OP.

I'll have a room open by 7pm EDT tonight, see you all in Germany!

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back