Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use some help dialing in the basic Tranny settings. Would someone share how you work them out?

Well my method is about as simple as it gets. I use the top speed adjuster to match the gearbox to the track and leave it at that. I haven't had a reason to muck around with individual gear ratios as the various defaults have worked fine for me. :dopey:

So when you matching the gear box are you redlining 5th gear based on the longest stretch or are you looking at the most efficient rpm range for the Cap and then matching 5th gear to that max?

So when you matching the gear box are you redlining 5th gear based on the longest stretch or are you looking at the most efficient rpm range for the Cap and then matching 5th gear to that max?

Definitely match to the optimum rpm which is about 7500-8000 rpm's :)

I've noticed a vast difference in gear preferences amongst this group, enough that it quite surprises me but it just shows everyone has their own driving style. Example, the other night during our free races somebody was saying they never hit 5th gear on Deep Forest, but I hit 5th gear at 2 or 3 different places on the track. I tried the higher gear settings thinking I might be missing out on something but it felt like the engine didn't have enough power to turn the gears because they were so tall. I actually lost 2-3 seconds per lap with those settings. But they were obviously working well for somebody so it's all a matter of taste.

I too mainly just adjust the top speed until I find a happy medium for the track. If there's any point where I redline or need a little more speed I will make small adjustments to just that gear until I have what I need. I'm not real sure what the "final drive" adjustment does though so I never mess with that. I do find that getting the transmission suited to the track does more to improve your lap times than suspension or LSD changes though. Once I get the gears setup I make minor suspension or LSD adjustments to top it off and then spend timing practicing different driving lines and braking points and just getting a feeling for the car on the track. 👍

B

That someone was me, I had my gearing set up for nurburgring and I really liked how settled my car felt and how many of the turns I was in 3rd gear for :) Gave me a little extra umph in sector 2. For me it's always the less shifts the better :) If it means never using 5th so be it :)

I havn't had any luck adjusting 5th gear out of the track, tried it a couple times and I'd rather have all my gears. As far as final drive, it SHOULD adjust the powerband slightly and effect how the power transfers to the wheels, but in the game I don't believe it does. I've tested with it a bit, best I can tell it's only there so you can adjust your top speed without changing any individual gears.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the feedback. I'm trying to get my times down so I can be competitive this Friday.

do i need to register to race, or are walk-ons welcome? I raced in a cuppa series in the past and i want to get some more racing in, such a fun little car!

Booch, you should submit your name/car to register, because races are run in open lobbies and the host generally kick anyone not on the list. No need to attend every race, so come join tonight if you can.

Booch, you should submit your name/car to register, because races are run in open lobbies and the host generally kick anyone not on the list. No need to attend every race, so come join tonight if you can.

And you should add your PSN name to the normal spot in your profile instead of having it in your signature. I was wondering who you were and when I didn't see a PSN name on the left I just ignored you. :)

Don't forget the Friday Night race is tonight at 10pm EDT, hosted by Mule_9242. 18 laps at Deep Forest - Reverse. He will probably have a room open for practice beforehand and qualifying will start at approx. 10pm EDT.

If you think you're going to attend tonight please post here so we have an idea of who will be there and if we need to wait for anybody. I'm going to try to make it but not sure yet if I will.

Good luck!

Brandon

do i need to register to race, or are walk-ons welcome? I raced in a cuppa series in the past and i want to get some more racing in, such a fun little car!

Polizei, you've been registered! Welcome to the group. Check the OP for all the details about the car and when we race. We have 3 different groups that run the same track every week (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday) and each night has its own points standings. The car is fully tuned with all available parts added after the Race Modification. Should be 137hp when broken in.

There is a race tonight at 10pm EDT if you're interested in joining up! See my post a couple above this one for details. We look forward to meeting you on track!

Brandon

Yeah, I'll have a room open before 10, as I actually need to practice this track. I've spent the entire week focusing on the Integras.

I should be there tonight, but I get off work at 9, so we will see.

Mule, please add me to your friends list PSN ID smurfit3
I'll send you a friends request too.

Thanks, J.J.

I'll be there as well. Mr. Müle, (alt + 0252 for the umlaut ppl! :sly:) I'll send you a PSN request roughly an hour before quali. Looking forward to racing with everyone. 👍

I'll be there as well. Mr. Müle, (alt + 0252 for the umlaut ppl! :sly:) I'll send you a PSN request roughly an hour before quali. Looking forward to racing with everyone. 👍

+154 to get the capital ;)

I'll drop on by as well. ;)

To those who raced on Tuesday:

How many minutes did StigsHero give you to qualify? At tsukuba, you had 6, which gave you 6 laps.

I believe that we had 7 or 8 minutes to put a time in. We did our qualifying in 2 groups as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back