Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got knocked out by a dirty pass and didn't feel like continuing. Can we come up with a better way to qualify? I dont see why qualifying needs to take twice as long as the actual race :)
Dont quit early and that wont be an issue.

Had a real fun race with Waz. I think starting from lap 2 or 3, we were right next to each other for the whole race. Traded positions many many times, sometimes in 1 lap. Side-by-side through Mercedes Arena, the turn before Hatzenbach, Veedol, and the start/finish line. Almost no contact at all. Stigshero was shadowing us the whole time too so we could not make any mistake. Sometime we ran our fastest lap, sometime we ran 2 seconds slower, but our bumpers were glued. Waz made some daring passes too. Really enjoyed the battle and I could have kept racing for another 15 laps.

My only regret is that Waz and I did not work together to catch up to Mule and Diabolic--there battles must have slowed them down because we were catching up to them.

I think the 2 GTPs had a exciting race too. Mule and Diabolic were close. So there were at least 3 separate battles the whole race. Had no idea this track would be so suited for the car.

That was great fun. There were some talk about making la Sarthe (no chicane) the last race instead of Cote d'Azur. I'm all for la Sarthe.

fatrab
OwensRacing - I just watched the replay and that was totally my fault, not CAMikaze's. I was following Cam into the chicane, and while we both braked I let mine off just before he let his off putting you both into the wall. I apologise for ruining your night and I will try to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Accidents happen. Thanks for the apology.

Now if Ican remember no pits stops and no hvy dmg things be golden. Lil comical looking back.

Last edited:
Can we come up with a better way to qualify? I dont see why qualifying needs to take twice as long as the actual race :)

I agree with this. It does seem like we should be able to wrap up qualifying and start the race by 20 past the hour. Last night we didn't start until 45 minutes past! :boggled: If there is any way we can streamline things, it would be appreciated by those of us on the west coast where two of the race times per week happen to line up perfectly with dinner time and kids' bedtime respectively. 👍

A couple of suggestions:
- Don't wait around for people. If you're late, you don't get to qualify and will start last.
- Each of us needs to be paying attention to the host and promptly entering and exiting the track when instructed. If you have to be reminded to leave the track, you lose your qualifying position and start last. (this may not be feasible, but I think there should be a tangible incentive to paying attention to what the host is telling us to do.)

Good luck today everybody. I'm not by my PS3 but I'm hoping to try to check out the live stream.

Last edited:
Things did seem to be a little disorganized last night, but I think it was because we had so many people and also because Mule got disconnected so I was shown as the host but he was doing the hosting duties. I think from now on, if I can make the race on Friday I should do the hosting and Mule will host if I can't make it or not sure if I can make it. That should eliminate some confusion.

That also contributed to the delay in qualifying. Normally things go much smoother and quicker and we're done in about 20 minutes. I have to agree about being prompt and not waiting for people. By now everyone knows the schedule and things will start promptly at the posted start time.

As for keeping things civil, this has been a remarkably civil and polite thread and the same can be said for our races. It seems that some confusion at the start lead to a couple incidents which resulted in some flared tempers. I will defer to the Lewis Hamilton incident after the Monaco race and consider the resulting apology a satisfactory conclusion. But I do agree that if there is a real issue please PM me first so I can review the replay and make a decision and/or a public comment about the incident.

Back to business, I will have a room open for practice at 1pm EDT today (about 30 minutes from now) and I think we will try doing it in a public room this time. There have been continued reports that the tires haven't been warming up quickly at this track so we'll see if that makes any difference. I'm going to broadcast practice and the race for those of you who can't make it.

See you all in Germany!

Brandon

Blind gotcha fixed up!

Anyone following Le Mans?

I have the speed coverage recorded. However not Much use when I fire GT5 up on said tv.
So with that. Looking for a web feed or iPhone app of sorts.

Last edited:
Blind gotcha fixed up!

I have the speed coverage recorded. However not Much use when I fire GT5 up on said tv.

Thanks for handling that maturly guys, you set a good example for others.

For le Mans streams check the justin.tv, ustream or livestream apps. I don't know for sure there are any streams but you can usually find that kinda stuff on those apps.

Blind gotcha fixed up!

Lucas Ordonez's team was on P1 in the LMP2 class, but they got a flat, so I'm not sure where they're at right now. And McNish had a MASSIVE shunt in one of the Audi's. Biggest crash I've seen at Le Mans since Mark Webber (or was it David Coulthard?) attempted Low Earth Orbit in the Mercedes...

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to ask. Does today's quali/race start at Noon PST?

As for rooms and starting. I beat this horse a lot. Open lobby best.

My suggestion. Race time say 10. At 10 host makes new room sets rooms racers amount to the amount of racers in room at 10. We all join that new room. Filled up. No randoms.

Private lobby. We had a stray come in last week in a league. Maybe here. However. He wouldn't leave!!! No booting in private lounge. :(

I truly am fine with the way it is as the Cappy race is my last race Friday and time is irrelevant at that hour. Hahaha

Personally wouldn't mind a longer race with a pit stop. Double the length B!!! ;)

Lucas Ordonez's team was on P1 in the LMP2 class, but they got a flat, so I'm not sure where they're at right now. And McNish had a MASSIVE shunt in one of the Audi's. Biggest crash I've seen at Le Mans since Mark Webber (or was it David Coulthard?) attempted Low Earth Orbit in the Mercedes...

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to ask. Does today's quali/race start at Noon PST?

video of said shunt

Qualifying will start at 1pm EDT sharp!

Couldn't get home in time to join you all for the race, but post when it's over and I'll join any post race practice going on.

I was too ensconced into the Le Mans race to join in the fun as well. Maybe next time. :)

Anyone willing to share your settings with me? Mine got reset by the patch (at least the transmission, and it looked like some of my suspension settings changed too) and I didn't put them in my spreadsheet :ouch:.

I'm also wondering if anyone else noticed their settings change on the Capp after downloading the 1.10 Patch...

BTW, for those of you watching Le Mans, anyone else wish PD would add the R18, and the Ferrari 458 GT car as new Premiums as much as I do?

i need to break in my car, my older cappuccino disappeared from my garage :confused:

So did mine. After I installed the update I went from 82 premiums down to 55 and I have no explanation why. I had the RM Lotus, TVR and Capps and all of them went away + 20 others

Diabolic, you should sell some of your hot wheels to buy the DFGT so you can feel what 5th gear feels like.

StigsHero
Yeah, my iPhone4 pointed at the screen. Nothing fancy but it seems to work ok.

Can we stream more then one video at a time on the same account?

If not will defiantly open an account so we can stream atleast two car views.

Here are the results from Saturday's race at Nurburgring GP/D. Congratulations to BrosifDuder who after a short abscence from the series picked up right where he left off. 👍

imagelg.jpg

Can we stream more then one video at a time on the same account?

If not will defiantly open an account so we can stream atleast two car views.

I would guess not, but I'll look into it. One cool feature of ustream is that it automaticaly records and uploads everything I broadcast, so immediately after the race it's available to watch! You can watch today's race from my point of view here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15317835

Skip to about 4:00 to get to the start of the race, and skip to 13:00 to see one of the best saves of my online racing career! I was at the back of the pack for most of the race but had fantastic battles with Waznz, RDArdvak and CobraCommandrew thoughout the entire event, up to and including a pass for position at the chicane on the last lap that RDArdvark himself described as "Brilliant!" and was also one of the highlights of my online racing career. :) Skip to 29:00 to see an incredible 2-lap shootout with RDArdvark, CobraCommandrew and myself. Really great stuff!!

Since ustream automatically uploads a broadcast I think I'l set the camera up when I watch the replay so we can have a video that goes between different views instead of just my onboard from the back of the pack. lol I'll post a link here when I get it up.

Brandon

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/15317835

Skip to about 4:00 to get to the start of the race, and skip to 13:00 to see one of the best saves of my online racing career! I was at the back of the pack for most of the race but had fantastic battles with Waznz, RDArdvak and CobraCommandrew thoughout the entire event, up to and including a pass for position at the chicane on the last lap that RDArdvark himself described as "Brilliant!" and was also one of the highlights of my online racing career. :) Skip to 29:00 to see an incredible 2-lap shootout with RDArdvark, CobraCommandrew and myself. Really great stuff!!

I'm sooo glad that you did this Brandon and very grateful. I forgot to save the replay after having my most competitive and enjoyable online race, so I'll definitely be watching this back, especially to see your point of view of my driving as you were big in my mirror the whole race. I had one hell of a job fending you off - You were quicker on the main straight and I held you off for so many laps but you got it spot on on the last lap. This really was great stuff - I'm still learning race craft but tonight was a very good lesson.

Edit: I've been driving in WaterMelon's Spitfire series and after watching this video I realise I was still braking as though I was still in the Spit - It hates late braking and woe betide you if you try to trail brake. Must have given you quite a few scares Brandon!

If anyone has the saved replay, could they export it and get it to me please?

And the wee practise at Le Mans where three of us tried to emulate Alan McNish (albeit on the wrong corner) was very enjoyable too - Loads of drafting! Some pictures are appropriate:
Circuit%20de%20la%20Sarthe%202005%20%28No%20Chicanes%29.jpg

Circuit%20de%20la%20Sarthe%202005%20%28No%20Chicanes%29_1.jpg

Circuit%20de%20la%20Sarthe%202005%20%28No%20Chicanes%29_2.jpg

Drafting added quite a bit of speed. Could have done with a wider track.
Circuit%20de%20la%20Sarthe%202005%20%28No%20Chicanes%29_3.jpg

And what happens when you forget you are going about 20mph faster than you are used to!

Last edited:
Fantastic pics!! 👍

Here's a video of the entire Saturday, Round 3 race from multiple angles throughout the race. I tried to flip around between everybody and wherever it looked there was some good action going on. I'll get a little smoother at flipping between camera angles as I do more of these, but the video quality looks pretty good! Give it a few minutes to load up after the brief commercial, it took a minute or two on my netbook.

http://www.justin.tv/authsimraceassoc/b/287906704

B

Fantastic pics!! 👍

Here's a video of the entire Saturday, Round 3 race from multiple angles throughout the race. I tried to flip around between everybody and wherever it looked there was some good action going on. I'll get a little smoother at flipping between camera angles as I do more of these, but the video quality looks pretty good! Give it a few minutes to load up after the brief commercial, it took a minute or two on my netbook.

http://www.justin.tv/authsimraceassoc/b/287906704

B

Excellent vid Brandon. Thanks for this. :)
Had to download it on my laptop before I could watch it. Although that's probably due to all the crap on my laptop.

Great pictures!
I have to say, I really like snoopykuan's car. :D

And Aardvark, just a heads up... I have heard that if you want to export/import a replay, it has to be from someone in your same region. (I really don't know why, but I'm thinking that means someone in the US won't be able to view a replay from someone in Europe.)

Sorry about the boxes incident again. :( I've been hesitant to even look at the replay from Sat. out of fear of keeling over in shame. :ouch:

I've got a couple questions for everyone. I'm starting to work on getting things together for the second serving of the Cappuccino Cup and would like a little feedback.

First, how does everyone like running the same track 3 nights a week? It seems to work out ok but I have an idea for a system where we would run a different track on each 3 nights of the week, but we'd still only end up with 5 different tracks over a 5 week schedule. Actually, on the 5th week we would run the same track all 3 nights because it would be the championship week. But the first 4 weeks would see a different track each night per week.

We would have tracks A, B, C, D and E and the schedule would look like this:

-------------Night 1-------Night 2-------Night 3
Week 1-------A-------------B-------------C
Week 2-------D-------------A-------------B
Week 3-------C-------------D-------------A
Week 4-------B-------------C-------------D
Week 5-------E ------------ E ------------E

Make sense?

Second thing: per the discussion of combined points from a few days ago, I think we can have one points standing that's a combination of all 3 nights results. All drivers are free to participate in as few or as many races per week as they like. If they participate in more than 1 race per week, their points will be added together and divided by the number of races they participated in and that would be their points for the week. So if somebody won all 3 races they would get 25pts+25pts+25pts = 75pts / 3 races = 25pts for the week. I believe this would balance things out so that if a driver only participated in 1 race for the week they wouldn't suffer much disadvantage, if any. Or we could do the previous idea of the best finish for the week is your points for the week, that way there's no chance of worsening your points by getting a worse finish and lowering your average. Although, I think that woud add an intresting element!

Third thing: what are your thoughts on letting another car enter the series? I haven't driven the Capp against many other cars, but I always notice it's nestled right between my Lupo Cup car and my Motul Civic in my garage when it's sorted by Performance Points and I can't help but think there's a combination in there somewhere that could produce some awesome racing! That may be a little hairbrained, but I figure there's no harm in asking. :)

We've still got a couple weeks left in this season but I wanted to start planning things now so we can have some time to toss around some ideas. Let me know your thoughts on the above topics.

Brandon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back