Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
imageyune.jpg

Lol I was actually going through the lolcat images I have and I made that one my background :lol: Came on here and BAM there it was again :P

We have got to be the most easily distracted group of racers on Gtplanet... I can't tell you how many times I've opened the app in the middle of work, checking for race updates and just plain bust out laughing out loud...my co-workers think I'm crazy.

We have got to be the most easily distracted group of racers on Gtplanet... I can't tell you how many times I've opened the app in the middle of work, checking for race updates and just plain bust out laughing out loud...my co-workers think I'm crazy.

GUILTY!!! lol

It's funny, Mule, Pony and I were just having a discussion about how laid back this league is compared to some of the uptight leagues. I like it this way, you can't take the Capp's too seriously. :)

B

Probably the worst first lap ever.

I get tapped ever so slightly by someone coming out of turn 2, and go into the grass. When I'm back on the track, my car's sliding, and when I get it corrected, going into the next turn, I knock someone off the track. While I wait for them to get back on (seeing as we're supposed to), I get ran into the back of, and get damage. THEN I forget to slow down and go into the sand.

Icing on the cake of a frustrating day.

Wow.

Your PS3 wired?

By the way, I checked my car and the oil was clean so I guess I just can't drive.. lol

Is it possible to share ghost files?

Here are the results for Friday Night's Championship Race at Indy Road Course.

imageeuo.jpg

Congratulations to PonyChild for the win. I'm about to head to bed and don't have time to calculate the points tonight, it's a very close battle and I want to make sure I figure it correctly! lol Brosif, if you could plug the results into the google doc then people won't have to wait for me to get back from my trip.

Remember, Mule will be hosting the race tomorrow at 2pm EDT since I will be out of town. And the Tuesday race is rescheduled for this coming Tuesday night at the normal time. Thanks to everyone who showed up for the first Friday night season!

Brandon

I have updated the google spreadsheet with last nights results. Congrats to PonyStig on wrapping up the Friday championship with his win last night.

GT4 race ran a bit late, but I'm here now.

My lounge is now open.

I'll push quali back to 2:15

OFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:

1. BrosifDuder: 27:12.735
2. GTP_CAMikaze: +48.834
3. waznz: +48.909
4. GTP_LancerEvo7: +48.925
5. RDAarvark: +52.254
6. MULE_9242: +54.411
7. GTP_HummelRacing: +1:22.010
8. Mudd: +1:22.xxx

Very exciting race despite Brosif checking out early.

All the rest of us were in a great battle. Not the cleanest by any means, but it was incredibly fun.

I did well despite going off the track about 5 times.

Me and Aardvark needed one more lap, and we would have caught the pack :(

Stupid track....I should've left the 🤬 dirt tires on my Capp...:irked:

Wow, looks like you guys had some close battles! Congrats to Cami and Waz on the podium finishes!! Oh, and to Brosif for winning I guess. Lol

I'm having a blast at the Vintage Grand Prix races, there are so many cars here I recognize from the game that I feel like I'm watching real-life GT5 races! Old Mini's, BMW's, Alfa's, Porsche's galore, even Caterham 7's in Lotus trim!! I'll have pics and vids to share when I get back. :)

Thanks for hosting Mule: An excellent race. I made a few crucial mistake early on and was struggling with tyre wear late on. But the battle with you Mule was superb. Really must practise more in that last section.

Cannot wait for season two!

Well, today's race was a little disappointing me. Indy Road is one of my best tracks with all my other cars, though I'm still a little off the pace with the Capp, but consistency pays off with 'em so I was looking forward to a good finish.
First lap was a little bumpy, but we all managed to keep 'em strait. Second turn of second lap, top of 3rd gear exiting turn and WHAM! Something nailed me and I went spinning around into the sand. I've raced with everyone participating today and I know we are all clean, I'm assuming the other driver didn't even realize it happened so I have no hard feelings. But it sure is a downer ending up over 30 seconds behind through no fault of your own, makes for an awfully long 13 laps.

Oh well, it happens. I'm gonna fire up GT5 in a bit and take my Camaro into some public lobby's and beat up some imports, I should be good as new after that. I'm planning on making up for it on Tues, see ya there!

I'm gonna fire up GT5 in a bit and take my Camaro into some public lobby's and beat up some imports, I should be good as new after that. I'm planning on making up for it on Tues, see ya there!

Reminds me of a funny story from the other night: I was practising in an open lounge (didn't publicise it because I was too embarrassed). I was on my own for ages and slowly improving when another driver joined me: He immediately set a lap time in the low 1:47's. I was struggling to hit 1:50. He takes pity on me and says 'Follow me round'. So I do - He takes the wildest lines, drifts quite a lot and buggers off into the distance. So much for the lesson!

Another few laps in he asks if I want a race. Sure, no problem. So he says 'Have you got racing softs?'. Ah ha methinks. Guess who forgot to set that restriction on the room.

A quick trip to the settings, buy some racing softs and meet him on the grid. Needless to say I left him behind on the grid and at the end of the first lap I got the message 'WTF? How are you so fast'.

Now that was a confidence booster.

Hope you got it out of your system Mudd!

I have updated the google docs for Saturday's group. Congrats to everyone for a fun Saturday event and solid work to our Kiwi friend, waznz, for getting the podium yesterday and beating out BrandonW77 for third in the Saturday championship.

Thanks Brandon for putting all of this on. See some of you on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Double post. Crappy connection at Mid-Ohio. Lol
PonyStig, methinks your internet there has a hitch in it's giddyap. :D

Looking forward to Tuesday night after getting a bit of a confidence boost with my photo finish for 2nd this past Saturday. I plan on getting a new Capp for Season 2 or 3 depending on how you look at it because my current car has almost 1,700 miles on it already. It may be time to move it to more of a test bed role and get a new one ready to brew.

Speaking of which, Lancer mentioned something to me of a second class for next season in this series. May I suggest it be dubbed the 'Decaf Class'? :D

Aussie friend???!!!! Brosif!!!!! Thats waz NZ!! NZ for New Zealand!!!! Guess you mexicans can't tell the difference???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back