Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussie friend???!!!! Brosif!!!!! Thats waz NZ!! NZ for New Zealand!!!! Guess you mexicans can't tell the difference???

Oh, we really need an 'i like this' button on this forum.

Aussie friend???!!!! Brosif!!!!! Thats waz NZ!! NZ for New Zealand!!!! Guess you mexicans can't tell the difference???

My apologies! I was trying to picture your flag (from the in-game list) in my head and for some reason I thought I remembered seeing the Commonwealth Star. I'll edit my post to thank our Kiwi friend. Sorry again!

Oh and Canadian would have been a little more appropriate... they at least speak English. :)

Waznz

If the Capp Cup ever has a Hall of Fame, THAT'S going on a plaque!

Waznz

LOL!!! That's hilarious hombre!! Lol
Seems like we all make that mistake the first time. :) Does it show the NZ flag or AUS flag in the lobby? It looks an awful lot like an AUS flag on that little graphic so that's probably why we get it wrong. Looks like Bosif got it fixed though. 👍

@Cami, that was my double-post, not SohnVonStig. I was at Mid-Ohio which is in the middle of nowhere and was posting with my phone. It kept telling me I "timed out" so I'd hit "send" again, but I guess 2 of them actually got through. Oh well.

I'll have some awesome pics and vids from the Vintage Grand Prix races posted up soon that I think you all will really enjoy!

B

This doesn't have anything to do with the Cappuccino's but here are some videos from what I was doing this weekend. I think everyone would agree it was worth missing the Capp Saturday Finale. :)

Enjoy!!

Brandon

Here's a little something I threw together on my phone this weekend while I was in the bleachers at the race track. :)

B

Sick video man :D Too bad you didn't do it from friday nights race ;)

Yeah, I recorded the clips onto my phone earlier in the week so I'd have them, didn't have time after the Friday night race because I had to get up real early to leave. Still some good action though! :)

Vodas, yes I am giving out prize cars to the podium finishers, as follows

1st place: your choice up to $999,999.00
2nd place: your choice up to $500,000
3rd place: your choice up to $250,000

Let me know which car you'd like and I'll purchase it and send it to you. I can only send 1 a day so it will take a little while to get them all distributed but I'll get them to you. 👍 I also have made some certificates that you can print and hang in your trophy rooms. :)

I'll get the points standings in the OP updated today with final results. The final race of the season will be this Tuesday at 8pm EDT, rescheduled from this past Tuesday. After that we will have the rest of the week off but I'd still like to meet up at our normal times for some fun races, maybe practice some tracks for season 2. I'll be working on getting the second season finalized this week and hopefully we should be ready to start back up next Tuesday, July 5.

Stay tuned to this thread throughout the week as I might have a couple polls for the second season that I'll post links to here. I'll be starting a new thread for the season opener with all the details sometime later this week.

Thanks to everyone that participated this season for providing the best online racing experience I've ever had. We have a great group here and I had an absolute blast heading up the series and racing with everyone. Also, thank you for being supportive and patient with me as I learned the art of hosting a league, I think it went off really well and I've learned a lot that I will put to good use in season 2.

See you Tuesday!

Brandon

@the Friday/Saturday Championship podium finishers, once you figure out what prize car you want (within your price allotment) send me a PM, specify what color you'd like and I'll get it sent to you.

Edit: I guess I should specify, it needs to be a Premium car or one in the online dealership, so I can easily get it. ;)

B

Last edited:
BrosifDuder
That video is amazing. Sweet work dudeman!!! 👍👍

Thanks! I did it all on the iPhone 4, held it in front of the tv to record the video, downloaded some of the pics with Safari and put it all together in iMovie. It's fun and has some pretty good results!

StigsHero
Thanks! I did it all on the iPhone 4, held it in front of the tv to record the video, downloaded some of the pics with Safari and put it all together in iMovie. It's fun and has some pretty good results!

The fact it was done on a phone boggles my mind.

B got me dialed in on making my movies on the iPhone. Been getting good results and the convenience factor is really nice.

B got me dialed in on making my movies on the iPhone. Been getting good results and the convenience factor is really nice.

Yeah, it's so easy too. Including recording the video into the iPhone, finding the pictures on the 'net and piecing it together in iMovie.......probably took me an hour, maybe an hour and a half at the most. Not having to transfer the files from the recording device to the editing device eliminates a good chunk of time and effort.

I added Certificates for the Championship podium finishers for Friday & Saturday to the OP. Under each image is a link to the full size image that you can print off and hang in your trophy room. :) I'll add Tuesday's after we concluded the rescheduled Indy race tonight.

B

Pretty snazzy if I do say so myself. It's a nice little touch to finish off the season.

The certificates look awesome, B! Man, I would've been alot faster had I seen them at the beginning of the season!:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought they added a nice touch. But I didn't realize people would have driven faster during the season if they knew certificates would be awarded. I'll make that clear at the beginning of next season. lol

B

Thanks, I thought they added a nice touch. But I didn't realize people would have driven faster during the season if they knew certificates would be awarded. I'll make that clear at the beginning of next season. lol

B

Never mind a prize car. Who wants that when you could have a cool certificate for your wall.

Just a reminder, the final race of the first Capp Cup season is tonight at Indy Road Course, rescheduled from last week. We will meet in my lounge and qualifying will start around 8:10-8:15pm EDT, we will do 1 group for 15 minutes. See you there!

Brandon

I havn't quite tore up every inch of the sand around Indy yet, so I'll be there to finish what I started.:boggled:

I havn't quite tore up every inch of the sand around Indy yet, so I'll be there to finish what I started.

I like a man with a plan! lol!!

I literally lol'd at work when I read that, my co-worker looked at me funny but I didn't bother explaining. :lol:

I'll be there, and I'm looking to spoil a certain someone's undefeated Tuesday season ;) Iforces victory aside of course :P

I'll be there, and I'm looking to spoil a certain someone's undefeated Tuesday season ;) Iforces victory aside of course :P

Yeah, he's already sent me his request for Tuesday's prize car even though the season isn't done yet, guess he's been crunching some numbers. lol Hats off to him though, other drivers have been fast at times, but nobody else has been consistently fastest on every single track! BrosifVettel is more like it. :)

Kinda makes me think we might need a success-weight penalty, if somebody wins 2 races in a season they get a ~50kg penalty added for the rest of the season or something like that. I wouldn't want a weight penalty applied to every winner or after every race like some leagues do, just something to balance things out if somebody really stands out from the crowd. Nothing so severe it keeps them from winning, just enough to make them have to work a little harder for it. We could call it The Brosif Rule. lol (nothing personal, of course).

B

I havn't quite tore up every inch of the sand around Indy yet, so I'll be there to finish what I started.:boggled:

:lol:

Sounds good to me, I haven't had a chance to crush the hopes and dreams of anyone today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back