Cappuccino Cup Racing (RM) - SEASON 1 COMPLETE!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,431 comments

Best Race Day/Times (Top 2 Will Be Chosen)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for checking into the MS6. Wardez sent me one and I painted it the right color.

I created a trading thread in the social group for any future car/paint/outfit trading concerns. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/grou...id=370&discussionid=&gmid=30552#gmessage30552

Anybody going to be available for some racing tonight? I'd like to run a couple short races to test the connection situation before the race tomorrow. If any of the drivers that had problems on Tuesday will be around this evening then we can see if things have been sorted out. I'll be available after 6pm EDT today.

Maybe we can do some races at this Pocano-style oval track I made last night. :)

imagealy.jpg

B

I should be around. The track looks fun... too bad we can't make them a bit longer.

I know, Tokyo Bay generally produces some pretty short tracks but it's really the only candidate to make ovals on because it's totally flat and has walls/armco on the outsides. I've made a couple oval type tracks that are around a half mile but that's the longest I've been able to get. If you get much longer than that it loses the oval shape.

The Eifel Kart map can produce some fantastic tracks to race the Capp's on (I made one there last night too) but its one drawback is that it doesn't have a pit lane. We don't do pitstops so it's not that big of a deal, but it sucks that it just drops your car in the middle of the track when you enter the course! A few minor tweaks to the course maker could make it a ton more usable. I probably have at least a half dozen I've made just for the Capp's though, I'd love to use them in some fun races. 👍

I'll let you know when I get online this evening.

B

I know, Tokyo Bay generally produces some pretty short tracks but it's really the only candidate to make ovals on because it's totally flat and has walls/armco on the outsides. I've made a couple oval type tracks that are around a half mile but that's the longest I've been able to get. If you get much longer than that it loses the oval shape.

The Eifel Kart map can produce some fantastic tracks to race the Capp's on (I made one there last night too) but its one drawback is that it doesn't have a pit lane. We don't do pitstops so it's not that big of a deal, but it sucks that it just drops your car in the middle of the track when you enter the course! A few minor tweaks to the course maker could make it a ton more usable. I probably have at least a half dozen I've made just for the Capp's though, I'd love to use them in some fun races. 👍

I'll let you know when I get online this evening.

B

I've not played much with the course maker, but can you change the weather? Anyone raced their capp in the rain? Snow and dirt would just be silly but it would be hilarious carnage in the wet.

I've not played much with the course maker, but can you change the weather? Anyone raced their capp in the rain? Snow and dirt would just be silly but it would be hilarious carnage in the wet.

I know on the full Eifel map you can "make it rain!". I haven't raced the Cappy in the rain yet, I think we'll try that out tonight. :) We actually tried them on a dirt track Tuesday night.......I live on the second floor of an apartment building and dirt tracks cause my wheel to make so much noise that I'm always afraid I'm going to piss off the neighbors. lol Tuesday was no exception, they probably thought I was doing minor construction up there. :)

I might have to add a rain race to the second season, we'll see how these things handle a wet track tonight. :dopey:

B

I've raced the cappy in snow at eiger short track :) Was in mule's lounge the other night and we were racing F1's in the snow so I decided I had to try it with the cappy since then :) It is as awesome as you think it would be ;)

I can come tonight Brandon, we'll test the connection, plus I want to talk to you about a few things.

PD updated the OCD at the same time we were trying to race last Tues, I'm sure that's what our problem was. We should be good for this weekend.

I can come tonight Brandon, we'll test the connection, plus I want to talk to you about a few things.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

PD updated the OCD at the same time we were trying to race last Tues, I'm sure that's what our problem was. We should be good for this weekend.

Brilliant discovery! I hadn't thought about that, I'm sure this likely had something to do with our problems. I've noticed they started updating seasonals/OCD on Tuesday's the last couple times, I hope this doesn't regularly interfere with our races!

B

I'm about to open up a room if anybody's available for some connection testing.

There is a PS3 software update you'll have to do first.

B

I spoke with Lancer last night and he said they haven't had any connection problems since Tuesday so I'm hoping things will go smoothly tonight. We didn't get too far into the race on Tuesday but I had my best start of the season so I am REALLY looking forward to getting back on track. During practice last night I was able to shave another half second off my laps and am consistently running in the 1:49's now, so watch out for a gold Cappuccino storming through the pack!! :)

I will be hosting tonight's race and Mule will be hosting tomorrow since I will be out of town. I will have my lounge open around 9pm EDT tonight and we will start qualifying at 10pm. On Tuesday we only had about 9 or 10 drivers and we did qualifying as 1 group for 15 minutes, the track is so big it worked out really well but if we have a large crowd tonight (as we usually do on Fridays) we will do 2 groups @ 8 minutes per group.

See you all tonight!

B

If anybody that runs Friday night as their primary night can't get into the room tonight because it's full, send me a message on PSN and also send me a PM on GTP. I have the GTP app on my phone and it alerts me whenever I get a PM here so I should see it right away, just in case I don't see the PSN message. If you can't get in I will ask somebody that isn't a Friday regular to make room for you.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back