Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,548 comments
My hand was itchy that time, so back in the 22nd of November I drew this car... And calling it the much better looking C63 AMG Concept. To me at least...

Mercedes%20C63%20AMG%20Concept.jpg

And earlier this week, Mercedes have just unveiled their brand new facelifted C-Class which looks like this.

mercedes-c-class-bmw-3-series-photo2.jpg

Now look at the headlights. I'm so glad they listened to me...

Cano, Jacoja, they're all looking great.
Cano, I'm seeing image quality loss from saving it as a jpeg... why not png?

Thanks... and well, I just quick-saved them to show them to someone else over the MSN but since they were around I put them here. The real ones are EPSs.

And nice looking Porsche vector, I really want to try hi-contrast stuff, but by hand.

i drew a detail shot of a chrome wheel i made up, it's still hanging on the wall for the past 2 years... and that brake disc still bugs me to this day.

With Black & white art, i find has a much more sharper finish when done digitally, while doing it by traditional means allows a level of flexibility and freeform i can't do as well on digital.

Yes, I do a lot of freehand drawing myself. Not exactly precise or excellent, but it's a minor talent. Sadly, the side is the only angle I know to draw from. This is one that hasn't been named, which is rare in a collection of 70+. I also sign them (maybe in the future someone will find them)

Another sad thing is that I used to draw amazing LMP prototypes as far back as when I was 10, but only 2 of those survived me moving back to Erie.

I normally just sit in French and draw these. Anyone have a name for this one (of course, it's a Nissan GT-R)

(And sorry for the quality, my phone isn't much a camera)

How did this go by the way? Image looked great at this stage! 👍

Thanks!

Because of the real lack of time I've had... and the hot humid weather, I haven't really added much more to the drawing. However, I can tell you that I did manage to get Webber to sign the drawing. 👍👍
When he signed it though, his hand smudged the front wing and the sidepod of the car, so I've spent a lot of time redrawing that area.

I hate it when people smudge your work, intentional or not, that includes myself... The only non-ink drawing utensil i really like now is Conte on Newsprint.

I love this thread. I do a lot of car drawings in my freetime and will post some pics soon, I'm not really that good at it. So I'd like to get your thoughts. When I was in a play in Grade 6, in between scenes I would draw cars too, kills time doesn't it Rykon Zero? Anyway, keep up the good work guys, and I'll have some pics up by Saturday.

That is beautiful, I can draw but I cannot for the life of me colour my work, could anyone offer advice?

Thnks you guys! A good advice that I use when coloring my cars or drawing them is use a photo as reference. I sort of sketch out lightly the outlines of the reflections and dark lights (corvette roof) using pencil.

I finally took some time to scan a few things I had lying around, some are pretty old, others are from last week. As I clean and finish the post-pro on the scans (I scanned a lot of stuff together) I'll be throwing more stuff in here.

for now, lets start with this stacked, full-track 1969 Camaro in full charge around a corner, done in pencil:
camaro.jpg

Also in pencil, a very old daydreaming sketch of what I'd like in a 1970 Coronet. It has grown much more radical troughout the years, but this drawing was pretty decent, so in here it goes:
70coronet.jpg

Ah, this one has it's story, it was one of several sketches I made of a friend's car, which he commisioned me to toon in big size. Later, the sketch turned up with more old drawings in a folder I had lying around the house... I saw it and it looked good, so I finished it off like this. The car would be a 1973 Mexico-only Super Bee... think Dart Sport and you'd basically get the picture. 2008 is when I finished it, the actual outlining is much older.
super-bee.jpg

A little hot rod made with ballpen, sporting a massive supercharger with eight Strombergs and a foxtail. It's real size is just a few inches.
foxtail.jpg

A cartoony looking 1970 Dodge Challenger in full track costume... I tried to do this one "right" with the intention of digitally colouring it and all, but it turned out pretty tatty so I just finished it off in ballpen.
pseudochallenger.jpg

I really like how this extreme track-style Karmann Ghia came out. I outlined it as a cal-looker first, but some wrong pen strokes brought the massive front lip, and from there it snowballed into this... but it turned out great!
karmann.jpg

Finally, I don't even know what this is, I just made it up on the go. As you can see, it is very very rough, it was just a quick pen sketch but I kept looking at it and it looked promising... I knew it was never gonna have a high-level finish like the Karmann, but I wanted to see what could come out of it. What does it look like to you all?
wat.jpg

I have several other drawings to post, including some that have been digitally coloured like the ones I've previously showed here. I'll post them as time allows.

Dude! What a great set of sketches. Karman and the Super Bee are ace, as is the sketch of the Street Rod. Heck, they're all amazing. As you know, I always thought your work was amazing and I'm almost 101% sure you do them without any visual cues, right? Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Rue
Dude! What a great set of sketches. Karman and the Super Bee are ace, as is the sketch of the Street Rod. Heck, they're all amazing. As you know, I always thought your work was amazing and I'm almost 101% sure you do them without any visual cues, right? Looking forward to seeing the rest.

hahaha yes, all of these were done entirely by memory, I didn't have any reference pictures with me when I made them... with the exception of the Super Bee of course, as it was drawn after a real car. But for the rest, naw, no reference, just plain old memory, even if it doesn't work too well some times, as some of them have flaws here and there, but hey, at least they are redognizeable as what they are.

I'll tell you when I put more in here (:

I wish I could still come up with car designs.. all my ideas now are basically the same every time and it's upsetting like I did back then

Quick sketch edited a bit. Tell me what you think. I know it is not advanced but I am quite fond of the profile line. Opinion? What car(s) does it look like? My overall goal is to make car that looks like a bird of prey, like a Peregrine Falcon.

007copy3.jpg

Quick sketch edited a bit. Tell me what you think. I know it is not advanced but I am quite fond of the profile line. Opinion? What car(s) does it look like? My overall goal is to make car that looks like a bird of prey, like a Peregrine Falcon.

007copy3.jpg

That is a very nice looking car! I can't really think of any car it resembles, but can see some aspects of McLaren and possibly Lotus in it. It would be awesome to see it rendered in 3D though.

007copy3.jpg

Hennessey Venom GT?

top-gears-4.jpg

007copy3.jpg

Nice work you did man! Hm no idea exactly what it is but definitely it kinda looks like a super car such as the Lamborghini countach or Mclaren as others say.. 👍

Nice to look at a few new drawings^. 👍

A quick update on my RB6 drawing. Progress is very slow. I blame Perth's nasty hot/humid weather, our rubbish air-conditioning AND GT5.
I had to re-draw the sidepod and nose after Webber smudged his hand over it. :lol:

p1050624p.jpg

That is a very nice looking car! I can't really think of any car it resembles, but can see some aspects of McLaren and possibly Lotus in it. It would be awesome to see it rendered in 3D though.

It is definitely a bit lotus in the front and the F1 was my inspiration. I would love to render it in 3D but I have not had the time to learn any of the autodesk programs. Any recommendation on simpler programs?

Hennessey Venom GT?

top-gears-4.jpg

Mostly the rear profile above the rear wheel to the rear bumper but not much else. I can see where you got that from though.

Nice work you did man! Hm no idea exactly what it is but definitely it kinda looks like a super car such as the Lamborghini countach or Mclaren as others say.. 👍

I tried my best to stay away from the Gallardo MP4-12C side rear side vent that almost all "super cars" do now a days. Without getting super SiFi concept car-ish it is hard to break away from that line.

The thing about Car Body Design is that the styling will only get so "creative" and "new" until it begins to all look the same or repeat old designs...

Back