Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,548 comments
I drew this a few days ago :)
dscn6751.jpg

As for the Webber drawing... I'm (Kinda) done. I still need to add in the background... but that will take a few more weeks with all of my exams beginning. So I've drawn in a temporary background until it's done. No use in waiting a few more weeks for a slightly updated version when I have something good already. I've also posted it in Deviantart, along with a few comments about what I've done. 👍

Hope you all like it so far! :)

redbullbyjacoja06smallon4.jpg

Deviantart page (full size image):
http://jacoja06.deviantart.com/art/Red-Bull-98581310

oh damn. very very good pencil, my friend. Old stuff I know, but I had not visited this section in months. Incredible detail, and on top of everything, technique and all, very good proportions. I know its a copy of a picture, but I also know how hard it is to get proportions right, even more os in an F1 car. Excelent.

got damn I should get off my ass and post something...

My first post in this thread. Not strictly a car, but car-related. A friend of mine who lives in Australia drew a picture of a camper van for me a year and a bit ago, and I invited her to ask me to draw her something in return. She asked for me to draw her eating a car. I agreed, and then forgot about it. But I remembered tonight. So here it is.

DSC_0519.jpg

Full story and full size on my DeviantArt.

Including why she's not actually eating the car.

Wow this got buried in May?!

I can't believe I never saw that Two-Face drawing, Jacoja sorry man. I grant you the title of "God of Pencilworks".

edgycoupeedit.png

Done nothing with my hands because of Smash Brawl during the whole summer and now that Uni's started i'm forced to finally pick up a pencil and do something. And I present a WIP.

First off the sketchbook is larger than the scanner's surface so the paper doesn't even touch the glass, hence the terrible image, and darkened edit. I scanned this so I have something to look at in case i screw it up with the markers. Done in 4.3 hours? But damn Another one of my best pencil works yet. Please do feedback though the right rear lamp always seems to not fit with the picture.
Will upload the markered version soon. and possibly a photoshop render if i have time.

EDIT: 3 hours later of work, totalling to 7.3 hours.

finished1.jpg

Prismacolor Cool Grays on sketchbook paper. The blue ink text is from the other side of the page it soaked through while i applied the marker ink, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Here's some quick sketching I ran a bunch of weeks ago to warm up the hand after a summer of minimal sketchbook work. First is a BMW coupe of some sort, just wanted to get marker-oriented with irregular surfaces. The second is a marker exercise to try and render an X-Bow with markers and still being able to tell what's what. It's a very irregular car, so give it a try if you want a challenge. It really isn't easy suggest all the different materials with a couple markers...

101-74.jpg

102-69.jpg

The BMW mostrosity is pretty cool Exige! I love how the wheels spokes protrude from the wheels itself. Man I'd love me some of those markers, even if they are quite difficult to use; what are they and how much? I'm always saying I'm gonna try them but never have even investigated about them, and it's been some years...

I have a whole bunch of markers. I use mostly Prismacolour, Promarker & Chartpak. Prices range from 2$-7$, more or less depending on where you buy them or if they're on sale (it's not that hard to wait to replace one marker). Tria & Copic are really professional-level markers that are smooth as hell, but you pay the price. I actually prefer the cheapest brands because they absolutely piss out the ink, which matches my expressive style better.

mmmhh... I need to put some money apart and stop buying freaking hot wheels and getz me some cheap markers to learn how to use them, then maybe get some decent ones to really try. I think Prismacolours may be the easier ones to get here. Other thing, on what paper?

This is the first time I've posted here, I noticed you guy's posting sketches other than cars, I'm not sure if this is of any interest to anyone but here they are anyway.

These are a few penned in sketches I did in the late 80's.

........Jimi Hendrix, at Montery...................Angus Young, AC/DC..........
IMG.jpg

................................Peter Garret, MidnightOil..................................
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/a1PAPAOSA_GTP/GTPlanet-uploads/IMG.jpg

I do have have plenty of car sketches and will try to post some soon! it's just that they are all bigger than my scanner is unfortunatlly...:confused:

EDIT:
I did manage to get one of my car pics up, this is one in a series of 4 pics that I sketched, depicting cars of the mid,80's in WRC.
This is actually a pencil sketch, with pencil color. One of the first times I ever used color in my car pics..

IMG_0001.jpg

The others are of , a Peugeot 205, Nissan 260 rc or something, and a Lancia Delta S4..:)
/PAPA :)

Last edited:
SVX
Please please please please post them!Awesome work,keep it up!

I did those over 20 years ago!......:sly: and unfortunately have no time for it now! with more and more work and family commitments every day...:ouch:

Last edited:
I'm the lead in a play, and during rehearsals, there is one point in time where I am not in the scene, and it averages about a minute, so I spent that time drawing this.
0128001545.jpg

I'm the lead in a play, and during rehearsals, there is one point in time where I am not in the scene, and it averages about a minute, so I spent that time drawing this.
0128001545.jpg

LMAO, where's Kaz Hirai when you need him.

hahaha that's awesome.

I'll post up a few I have online right now, these were done for a yearly poster-calendar the magazine I work for published, with the 12 cover cars from the previous year tooned up by yours truly, all of them made in pencil first, inked with a ball pen, then coloured and finished in photoshop, obviously:

Mnsory's Veyron Vincero:
veyronlowres.jpg

GTR:
godzillaturbos.jpg

Tijuana Turbo Celica:
celica-color.jpg

Hamman Aston Martin:
aston-copia-color.jpg

I'll post the rest later, when I have the time to resize them.

^Very awesome work. I love the Celica :bowdown:.

I've started working on a new drawing of the RB6, which I plan to finish by mid-November. Mark Webber will be visiting Perth for a special event, so I'm hoping to get a signature from him on this drawing, as well as Daniel Ricciardo (Current Red Bull test driver). Wish me luck :sly:.

p1050526.jpg

Does anybody know how to render a sketch ? I can't find any decent tutorials. Or should I take a workshop ? I'm working with a Wacom and Corel Painter Essentials. I could step over to Photoshop if necessary.

I have no access to a scanner, but I will use my iPod to take a picture in about 3 hours from now, so you guys can see my concept drawing, nicknamed Voltaire.

^Very awesome work. I love the Celica :bowdown:.

I've started working on a new drawing of the RB6, which I plan to finish by mid-November. Mark Webber will be visiting Perth for a special event, so I'm hoping to get a signature from him on this drawing, as well as Daniel Ricciardo (Current Red Bull test driver). Wish me luck :sly:

How did this go by the way? Image looked great at this stage! 👍

Cano, Jacoja, they're all looking great.
Cano, I'm seeing image quality loss from saving it as a jpeg... why not png?

It's been a while since I've done anything....

gt201bw.png
gt201wb.png

Full size 1680x1050 found on my dA.Gallery... to do so, hit the "A" in my signature... Consider it my holiday gift to GTPlanet Members

Back