Cars you miss from GT1-3, and hope will be in GT5

Studentdriver
do you mean gt2? because there is no blue racing viper in GT3 and I haven't played GT2.
You may be right. I think in gt2 they had Oreca Viper that won the GT class at LeMans and there was another racing viper that I wanna say was a Denso Sard but I'm not real sure if anybody still has GT2 maybe you can help me out

Theres was an Taisan STP Viper GT in GT2 raced in the GT500 series it was red and blue or purple can't quite remember. Also there was the GTS-R's wth the white and blue/green stripes which I loved the look of and the red or blue with white stripes racing mod for the GTS's. Then there was the red or yellow racing mod for the RT-10's and finally the Viper Team Oreca GTS-R in white, red and blue, another nice paint job.

[/rant]
A Rover Mini is really, really needed. the only thing that disappointed me about GT4 was not just the lack of classic Mini, but the fact that there was about a million small Japanese cars with about the same power that no-one ever races. Hands up everyone who consistently wins races in a 1972 Honda Step Life van. Anyone? No? That's my point.
[/rant]

I'd also like to see the TVR Griffith back. Hard car to drive, but very satisyfing if you get it right.

live4speed
Theres was an Taisan STP Viper GT in GT2 raced in the GT500 series it was red and blue or purple can't quite remember. Also there was the GTS-R's wth the white and blue/green stripes which I loved the look of and the red or blue with white stripes racing mod for the GTS's. Then there was the red or yellow racing mod for the RT-10's and finally the Viper Team Oreca GTS-R in white, red and blue, another nice paint job.
The Taisan STP Viper is what I'm talking about. Thank you live4speed

Roo
[/rant]
A Rover Mini is really, really needed. the only thing that disappointed me about GT4 was not just the lack of classic Mini, but the fact that there was about a million small Japanese cars with about the same power that no-one ever races. Hands up everyone who consistently wins races in a 1972 Honda Step Life van. Anyone? No? That's my point.
[/rant]

I'd also like to see the TVR Griffith back. Hard car to drive, but very satisyfing if you get it right.

I'm happy to report that the '94 TVR Griffith 500 is available in the used car lots. Take a look there once in a while, I know I found one, as well as a V8S.

Ditto on the Mini though. A Marcos Mini, and no original? Tsk, tsk. I'm dissapointed with that. Let's hope the next game gives us not only the 1.3i, but the older 1.3 plus the original models, like the 1275GT.

kjb
The Taisan STP Viper is what I'm talking about. Thank you live4speed
Hell yes!
Bring that and the Oreca (White w/ American flag on top) Viper back.
And the Copperhead as well.

EDIT: Along with all the LM Race cars from GT1.
Those were awesome!

I'd want the Jaguar XJR-15 back. Both the road version from GT2 AND the race version.

xjr15.jpg

jaguarxjr1516jdclassics.jpg

The LM (special model) cars from Gran Turismo (all of them in every colour combination)
The LM (and special model, because they were not all racers like Gran Turismo) cars from Gran Turismo 2 (all of them in every colour combination)

the licence test prizes from Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2 in all colour combinations

and PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! give us back Racing Modifications Polyphony!!!

I'd have to say just gimmie the old courses back. All the 'short' variations, and the missing GT2/3 tracks. The ones I can remember are:

-Seattle Short
-Rome Circuit/Short/Night
-SSR 11 (GT3 version)
-Pike's Peak
-Complex String
-Grindewald
and my personal favorite
-Red Rock Valley Speedway

On top of that, I'd like to see some 'series', even if a bit ficticious as far as courses go:

-JGTC!!! (no other game has it, besides a low quality -3D wise- F1 Challeng mod)
-DTM
-GTR

three words:

Racing Car Modification

Oh, you wanted cars?

mitshubishi pajero pinin
the venturi's
the wector's
the dragsters
jaguar xj6
+ more "regular" cars

oh, and btw:

Motor Sports Land (the original)
Redrock Valley

Erm, this thread is for cars you wish returned in GT5 that were left out in GT4. There is another thread for general car wishes :)

'98 Mini Cooper. I was looking forward to that in GT4, and they take it out of NTSC and PAL, *****es.

The mitsi GTO LM version from GT1.... i loved tht car.... i want tht car....

oh and the dodge concept car from GT1..... and the RT/10!!

Is the DB7 in gt4??

matherto
the DB7 is in GT4 but only as the vantage version, not the original from GT1, the Volante isn't there either

ooooooooooooh right cheers

Freddie
I'm happy to report that the '94 TVR Griffith 500 is available in the used car lots. Take a look there once in a while, I know I found one, as well as a V8S.

Ditto on the Mini though. A Marcos Mini, and no original? Tsk, tsk. I'm dissapointed with that. Let's hope the next game gives us not only the 1.3i, but the older 1.3 plus the original models, like the 1275GT.

Excellent! I'll look out for the Griffith. Thanks very much!

A 1275GT would be amazing.

I'd also like to see some BTCC cars back in GT5. They were in GT2 as the racing modifications of the Mondeo, Vectra, 406, Laguna (minus livery), Primera and another family saloon that I forget.

-> I would also like to see the [R]Team Kunimitsu Takahashi NSX Le Mans Race Car from GT1:

Le_Mans-1995-06-18-084.jpg

pics%5Ckunimitsu.jpg

^ This car was also driven by our current "Drift King" Keiichi Tsuchiya back in the early days. (:

I'd want the Jaguar XJR-15 back. Both the road version from GT2 AND the race version.

xjr15.jpg

jaguarxjr1516jdclassics.jpg

Agreed I absolutely love those cars and i would also like to add the road going Toyota GT1 from GT2 i love the road going versions of le mans cars

nice memories of old gts here my opinion the mines r32.5 r33 and evo 5 did anyone mention the hks r33 and 180 yet?
I totally agree with the xjr 15 idea even if i couldnt drive it lol also the mugen civic furio integra r the toms supra and the mr2 based ones i think t020 and trd 2000? the toms angel the trd 3000 gt there was a trueno based one aswell the a b and c spec mx5s were cool aswell and the mazda speed rx7 gtc and the r33 saloon and the tuned stagea (sp?) and the accord type r theres more I'll get back to you as I remember. :)

HKS Drag 180SX.
Reasons: Thundering 1000+ hp, over 430 km/h, great lookin'. Would love to take that speed baby around the test circuit!
180sx.jpg

HKS drag R33.

Reasons: Same as above.
hks331xz0.jpg

Toyota Chaser LM
Reasons: It was a great handling good looking car, it could compete with much more powerful cars because of its great cornering!:dopey:
I dont have a bigger pic, maybe someone could send me a big original image!💡
acgc025tn.jpg

I also want the GT2 [R] FTO LM edition back! In yellow and black!

*edit* Damn, I nearly forgot the car I want the most in GT5!!!

The [R] TVR Cerbera LM edition.
cerbera.jpg

mine are...

all of the vectors
dodge viper team oreca (white and blue one)
dodge viper gts-r
stp viper
dodge viper gts (with blue and white stripes and solid red gt1 colors)
dodge viper rt/10
dodge copperhead
ford gt40
ford gt90
toyota gt1 (ts020) road car
toyota gt1 (ts020) race car '98
toyota castrol supra gt '96
nissan r390 gt1 race car '97
shelby gt500
tvr cebera lm edition
tvr speed 12 '98
sizuki cultus pikes peak
mitshibushi fto lm edition

I forgot the orange/yellow tuned Viper RT10. I never forget when I bought it and tuned it with a racing modification. It was beautiful and one of my first cars, even if it wasnt one of the fastest LM cars.:dopey:
Thats one of the cars I really really miss.

lmdviprt10.jpg

lemans19940619041gc6.jpg

-> I also miss the monotone paint scheme (ie. without stripes) on the Viper GTS:

3631~Viper-GTS-Posters.jpg

-> And the R/T-10:

Dodge%20Viper%20RT10.jpg

(:

Back