Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Room up yet Drop? I'm just coming onto GT now.

EDIT: Keep getting disconnected, bear with me.

EDIT 2: Complete joke, GT5 is getting on my nerves lately. Have a good one gents.

Last edited:
I'm going to drop this series, partly because I can't drive these things on the road courses :lol: and partly because I'm gonna be able to make so few races it's pointless me even being a reserve. So you can take me off the reserve list Drop. Could get into your lounge fine the other week but something about the public room disagreed with my PS3 today.

Hoping to run a Nationwide Series in the new year which some of you may be interested in. Anyway, hope you have a good season, I'll see you guys around 👍

Last edited:
Another disconnect, 45 laps in.

I'm dropping out until we can get a new router. Consider this my second GT5 hiatus.

No patience shown what-so-ever in the opening laps. Pretty depressing race. Run 45 laps without seeing a single car because of it, then when I finally do see cars it's as if my car was sponsored by the plague. I'll take some aggression out in some open rooms and maybe I'll be back next week...

Lonely race for me, fried tyres and used the 24 and 48 as a pick to beat Mudd to 10th.

Wasn't in the best sorts tonight so bit of a flat race for me.

Couple of laps in moved out of the Fords draft hoping Niop would push me, only for him to go wider and instantly be pushed by ACDC. Three of us led but they wouldn't let me lead a single lap. Rest caught up and my tyres fell away.

Second stint, was running with Home, Crazy and Joe, till he DC'd and left me too far back to catch back up to their draft. Spent the last 20 laps on my own for second.

Great run Stall, think Gibbs were second best tonight.

Hendricks just running away with it. Good team work guys. 👍

And over to Italy we go .....

The 4 or 5 leaders wisely lined up in the opening laps and pulled away from the rest of the field, i was in that second group of cars and felt like i was running in a swarm of bees. Track position was key.

Saw you wreck ahead of me mudd, wasn't your fault. Hang in there.

Nice win niop, congrats.

Last edited:
Wasn't in the best sorts tonight so bit of a flat race for me.

Couple of laps in moved out of the Fords draft hoping Niop would push me, only for him to go wider and instantly be pushed by ACDC. Three of us led but they wouldn't let me lead a single lap. Rest caught up and my tyres fell away.

Hendricks just running away with it. Good team work guys. 👍

And over to Italy we go .....

I was going to push you Knelly, but I saw I had ACDC coming up fast behind me and figured it would be enough to get me to the lead so I had to do it.

As for the not letting you lead a lap, I wanted to lead them all. lol
With all the talk on the forum for this race, we at Hendrick wanted to make a statement and do our talking on the track. I guess you could say we did that, with a 1-2-3 finish.

But I have to give the credit to ACDC, that was some impressive bump-drafting, with him pushing me pretty much the entire race.

All in all, good race everyone. Pretty clean driving all around from my view.

The race appeared pretty clean, it's just that passing was pretty difficult with weak slipstream. The battle from 4th to 12th was pretty intense for the first ten or so laps. The guys running in the front pack should really go back and watch the replay from the back of the field to see what they missed.

As for the race itself, I can't say enough for mstall41 and crazybassist83, who did some excellent bumping to get us back up to the lead pack before the pit stop.

I liked my car, but I clearly didn't have quite enough today to keep up with the top two cars. Great job putting Hendrick Motorsports in victory lane, guys.

I should also apologise to DBuckeyes, as my slight lag span him when I bumpdrafted him on the back straight early on in the race.

I don't know why, and I don't know how, but I literally slept all day. So pissed off right now...

I open a room for NASCAR TESTING for race 3!!! The room number is 1472 6681 3286 8589 0700.

The room is now close.

Last edited:
Allright, I probably over reacted a little bit after yesterday's race. I'm sure everyone in here knows the feeling when you've been working on a setup all week only to be taken out of contention 3 laps into a long race. Oh well, that's NASCAR racing. I used my Camaro's to beat up on some imports in the open rooms last night and feel much better. :)

On a more serious note, due to unforeseen circumstances the #42 car has not been in a race with a full-time driver in it yet this season. As the current Team Owner, I've asked JakobNascar88 to fill the seat, and he has gladly agreed. Jakob had some connection issues during yesterday's race, but has shown plenty of initiative by remaining active in the thread and showing for every practice.

Easy Mule, Jakob is replacing Stormtrooper. The reserve list is still active, last I heard you were not ready to commit to full time with this series. So far we've had plenty of open spots for our reserve drivers to participate.

Mudd
Allright, I probably over reacted a little bit after yesterday's race. I'm sure everyone in here knows the feeling when you've been working on a setup all week only to be taken out of contention 3 laps into a long race. Oh well, that's NASCAR racing. I used my Camaro's to beat up on some imports in the open rooms last night and feel much better. :)

On a more serious note, due to unforeseen circumstances the #42 car has not been in a race with a full-time driver in it yet this season. As the current Team Owner, I've asked JakobNascar88 to fill the seat, and he has gladly agreed. Jakob had some connection issues during yesterday's race, but has shown plenty of initiative by remaining active in the thread and showing for every practice.

Good move Mudd, getting some young blood in. I've practiced with him a couple of times and can confirm, even though he uses a controller, he is solid.

His third in the pre season demonstrated that. He just has to sort connection issues out as was very laggy in Drops open lobby last night.

Mule, as a reserve driver, you're definitely still welcome to race every week. As long as every other team has at least two starting drivers, you'll be welcome to drive a duplicate #42 if Mudd is ok with it.

There have been at least 3 or 4 open spots in each of the first 2 races, so if you show up chances are you will be racing.

Hey ryan will penalties be on for the next 2 races? Just wondering because of the short cuts at the road courses.

A 30 second time penalty will be added for each incident of intentional corner cutting discovered during the race replay.

DrifterJoe
I'm dropping out until we can get a new router. Consider this my second GT5 hiatus.
For any interested reserve drivers, there is now a full time seat available in the Ford Racing team. If interested, contact team owner homeslice47.

JakobNascar88
Guys,

The Last Activity is Nov 07 2011 5:23 AM Stormtrooper217

He's missed all three races so far this season, despite signing up as a full time driver. When he shows up for a race, he can race as a reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back