Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, Cowboys, the thread went crazy for awile there, really couldn't keep up and many got confused.

Carbonox
Wow, drama! At least it wasn't trolling. :D

So, when are the rest re-joining the party?

Not until next season I guess.. Shame really cause we didn't do anything wrong :indiff:

EDIT: was really looking forward to the race and it only got ruined cause 1 person got black screen..

Ah well..

I'm pissed not with anyone here but with PD. Felt I had a shot today after a few hours of practise. Early night for me. Just hacked off.

GT5's online is really demoralizing me right now. Don't know if I want to play this anymore.

This really does piss me off.

For anyone that doesn't make the cut, wanna just have like our own races?

Let's be honest Cowboys - its either no race or race with only chasers. If I was a chaser, iKd much rather have the latter. Drop's done the right thing but he's been forced to by PD. Makes S3 perhaps come around sooner

I know it's not his fault, I'm just irked at myself for how much time I wasted.
You guys want some Road Course/Oval Sprints?

Cowboys965
I know it's not his fault, I'm just irked at myself for how much time I wasted.
You guys want some Road Course/Oval Sprints?

I would but I'm not in the mood atm, I've never actually made it too the start of a 30+ lap NASCAR race without problem before and then this.. :grumpy:

Anyway I'll just go back into my shell and watch from the sidelines until next season if I get drafted.

There went my chances for probably ever making a Sprint Cup race. I'd say we give a big, well-deserved applause for PD.

Carbonox
There went my chances for probably ever making a Sprint Cup race. I'd say we give a big, well-deserved applause for PD.

Same as I suppose.. :grumpy:

Hopefully the next patch will have some answers..

I would but I'm not in the mood atm, I've never actually made it too the start of a 30+ lap NASCAR race without problem before and then this.. :grumpy:

Anyway I'll just go back into my shell and watch from the sidelines until next season if I get drafted.

Yeah me too. Too annoyed to even play any GT5. Had a good feeling after that race I might prove myself at my favourite track but no.

Not a happy camper.

I can take a guess at what happened to you guys tonight judging by the previous posts...

How about a 12 man Sprint Cup division and a 12 man Nationwide division for next season?

I can take a guess at what happened to you guys tonight judging by the previous posts...

How about a 12 man Sprint Cup division and a 12 man Nationwide division for next season?

I don't know if I even want to play with PD's rules anymore.

I'll summarise the end stint of the race.

I was saving tyres the whole time to have an advantage at the end. There were 4 of us in the lead pack. 3 others then caught us up with significantly better tyres than us (I think either none or 1 of them were on the lead lap) and were fighting with us for track position. With 3 to go I tapped a wall slightly as my tyres faded, and planned then to slowly catch back up to draft past and win at the end (I still easily had the leaders' draft). With 2 to go this was going well and the leaders (me included) were all having to lift off by quite a bit in each turn to not hit the wall. On one of these corners one of the lap down cars hit me from behind and sent me into a wall with no chance of me slowing down in time and ruining my chances of getting any place higher than 4th. I believe it was a Red Bull.

See you guys again on friday for IndyCar.

Absolutely kicking myself right now. I got faked out and pitted a lap earlier than the leaders and lost the draft as a result. Certainly had a car capable of winning.

TomMcD

It was one car that blacked screened.. Still surprised he stayed for 7 minutes on black screen, race would have been okay without that incident..

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM FURINKAZEN

Furinkazen will be driving the #11 FedEX Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing in the next two races of the season, but will not be present for the finale at Indianapolis. This will bring to an end his deal with the #11 team and Joe Gibbs Racing, as he looks forward to a new challenge in future.

My take on the race: It was a great battle between 2 Hendrick cars, 2 Ford cars, and 1 Gibbs car in the lead pack. Homeslice and Joe got MStall to bite on their fake pit, one lap before we were all stopping and that put MStall out of our draft and no one around him. After that it was a good ole 2 on 2 battle until 2 laps to go when Joe got bump into the wall, then it was Myself and ACDC to fend off Homeslice. We were able to, but only by a few hundredths of a second. Thanks for the great race, I look forward to the next time. 👍

As for the whole controversy at the end between the 4 lead lap cars with old tires vs the 3 lapped cars with new tires. The 3 cars with new tires were able to catch us as we were all taking it easy to make sure we had enough at the end of the race. It's understandable for them to think they had faster cars and wanted us to let them by, but once they caught us, we all picked up the pace, their cars were not handling as good as the lead cars. You can tell as we were able to put a gap on them and break the draft from them by the end of the race.

Also, tough break for Knelly. I wish you would have had you're race setup on mate.

It was one car that blacked screened.. Still surprised he stayed for 7 minutes on black screen, race would have been okay without that incident..

I think it was more than one car. The bug would have ruined my chances in the race, I had no power and no grip and couldn't even stay with the pack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back