Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chqr
Yeah, just scrapped that idea after Drop's timely post which is a really good compromise.

Let's get this show on the road. If we scrapped all the bonus points and just gave it to the finishing positions, we might have a really exciting racing series.

Awesome, presume it would start alongside season 3 Drop, a separate thread or not?

Hey, what might just work alongside the Camaro RM and Challenger TC, is the Lexus IS-F Toyota Camry RM, if the power and weight will match up.:sly:

I don't see why some pre-season testing couldn't start this Saturday. I would gladly let you guys organize it and run it as you see fit, as I don't think I have the extra time to commit to fully organizing it and keeping both series up to date in a timely manner. If anyone wants to take the initiative to run it, go for it. Start a new thread to gather up your interested parties ASAP and see what everyone wants. I would be glad to help or offer any advice, as I think most every driver here in the Sprint Cup also would.

Good call on not being able to get down to 400hp. I forgot that you can only go down to 50% on power limiter. So it looks like the power limit would be 453hp, right?

My old Nationwide on sundays died... I support the idea of a second series. I'd keep watch...

Hey, what might just work alongside the Camaro RM and Challenger TC, is the Lexus IS-F Toyota Camry RM, if the power and weight will match up.:sly:

An idea for Nationwide:

Run detuned versions of our 502hp NASCAR cars, maybe somewhere around ~400hp.
Run a schedule that mirrors the tracks of the Sprint Cup schedule, just with shorter length races (25-33% length).
Run a one-compound rule with everyone on Racing Soft tires, so that pitting is still a factor, even in shorter races
Do away with bonus points for a lap led, most laps led, and pole. Just award straight points for finishing position.
Have the same rule that Sprint Cup drivers can't earn points toward a Nationwide title.
Run it as a companion series to Sprint Cup, basically absorbing the old TOCA time slot, 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) on Saturdays.

^ I think this was the established scenario where we might have the closest level playing field as that is what makes NASCAR what it is.

I'd like to host the Nationwide but again time is limited for me at the moment.

Big window of oppurtunity here. If we could get this series started up with the same formatting and layout as this series, we might have a tidy show.

Also, for whoever does decide to organize the Nationwide series, feel free to copy any of the rules/regs from the first page of this thread, as you deem appropriate. My only suggested changes would be running 453hp and only racing soft tires, but the rest of the rules and regs should still work across the board for both series.

The more these series mirror each other schedule-wise, the more likely it is that drivers can move freely up or down between seasons. The top 2-4 Nationwide drivers are very likely to get calls from new Sprint Cup owners at the beginning of the next season.

Chqr
^ I think this was the established scenario where we might have the closest level playing field as that is what makes NASCAR what it is.

I'd happily run the thread and everything for you guys, it would start up alongside the Sprint Cup S3. We've got two options:

A) Ak's idea with the RM/TC Challenger, ISF and Camaro. I personally love this idea as it's a real step down from the top tier and lets us use real life nationwide number/colours schemes :D

B) Detuned Sprint Cup cars

We can test both of these next Saturday night oin my lounge if you guys fancy it. Some short races at Daytona, Indy and the scheduled road courses for next year. Will also make a discussion thread later so we can leave the lads here to their chase talk 👍

EDIT: The schedule would be almost identical Drop, but slightly shorter. And it would definitely be 453bhp.

Also, for whoever does decide to organize the Nationwide series, feel free to copy any of the rules/regs from the first page of this thread, as you deem appropriate. My only suggested changes would be running 453hp and only racing soft tires, but the rest of the rules and regs should still work across the board for both series.

The more these series mirror each other schedule-wise, the more likely it is that drivers can move freely up or down between seasons. The top 2-4 Nationwide drivers are very likely to get calls from new Sprint Cup owners at the beginning of the next season.

Slight concern Drop but how will the chase work for S3 in the cup with only 12 drivers racing?

You could have all 12 eligible and reset.
You could have the top 8 in points, two as wildcards and bottom two swap with Nationwide runners.

RM Camaro? I want to bring IROC back...

I think we should have 2010 cars detuned to 453hp.

Furinkazen
RM Camaro? I want to bring IROC back...

I think we should have 2010 cars detuned to 453hp.

Well it's not just the RM Camaro, it's two other cars aswell....

Both ideas will be tested.

If we have to restrict the Sprint Cup field to 12 entries, I think the Chase becomes the top 8 drivers, or the top 6, + 2 wild cards (most wins, or most points if no wins).

Once the season is over, the five new team owners would be able to sign any driver they wanted to an open Sprint Cup seat, potentially (and probably) looking at top Nationwide drivers to replace struggling Sprint Cup drivers.

I'm really hopeful that we will be back to hosting 16 car fields long before the conclusion of season 3. PD has to be aware of the online lag glitch by now, and I would sincerely hope they are trying to debug it as we sit here and type.

If we have to restrict the Sprint Cup field to 12 entries, I think the Chase becomes the top 8 drivers, or the top 6, + 2 wild cards (most wins, or most points if no wins).

Once the season is over, the five new team owners would be able to sign any driver they wanted to an open Sprint Cup seat, potentially (and probably) looking at top Nationwide drivers to replace struggling Sprint Cup drivers.

I'm really hopeful that we will be back to hosting 16 car fields long before the conclusion of season 3. PD has to be aware of the online lag glitch by now, and I would sincerely hope they are trying to debug it as we sit here and type.

There is a patch next week...

Guarantee it doesn't address the online lag glitch. If it was going to, PD would be touting it all over the internet by now.

... true but they have not even officially recognised it have they?

Slight concern Drop but how will the chase work for S3 in the cup with only 12 drivers racing?

You could have all 12 eligible and reset.
You could have the top 8 in points, two as wildcards and bottom two swap with Nationwide runners.

We're all obviously hoping to get rid of all the glitches so 16 drivers can enter a Sprint Cup race if they want to.

I will, however, remain in the Nationwide for the next season regardless of whether PD fixes the issues or not, with my lack of merits at the moment. However, if there happens to be space, I can make some wildcard appearances if that's alright.

Will join soon, Furi.

Not too long till the Budweiser Shootout in two weeks time. Going to be extremely exciting. I wish F1 could host a non-points race or an all-star or invitational event where all drivers just race for the fun of racing.

Back on topic, I will definitely be interested to see a Nationwide schedule with what I expect to be more road courses.

I don't see why some pre-season testing couldn't start this Saturday. I would gladly let you guys organize it and run it as you see fit, as I don't think I have the extra time to commit to fully organizing it and keeping both series up to date in a timely manner. If anyone wants to take the initiative to run it, go for it. Start a new thread to gather up your interested parties ASAP and see what everyone wants. I would be glad to help or offer any advice, as I think most every driver here in the Sprint Cup also would.

Good call on not being able to get down to 400hp. I forgot that you can only go down to 50% on power limiter. So it looks like the power limit would be 453hp, right?

446BHP is the lowest the power limiter will go on the sprint cup cars. (half of 892bhp)

EDIT: Nevermind, the power restriction closest to this in the online rooms is 453BHP.

Last edited:
Nationwide idea: race modified Camaro Z28 '69.

Parts allowed to buy: rigidy improvement (the part, not the GT auto restoration option), engine stages 1-3, LSD, racing medium tyres. Wheels- PDI P525N. Comes to just over 400bhp when worn in.

EDIT: Or something similar with the Challenger R/T RM '70.

Last edited:
Nationwide idea: race modified Camaro Z28 '69.

Parts allowed to buy: rigidy improvement (the part, not the GT auto restoration option), engine stages 1-3, LSD, racing medium tyres. Wheels- PDI P525N.

EDIT: Or something similar with the Challenger R/T RM '70.

Tom COD did Vintage NASCAR with Camaro 69 RM. IROC uses the Camaro RM (new one) and problem with the Challenger TC is that people have to use the DLC.

Why not just use my old Nationwide regs :sly: (hint hint) or 2010 cars at 453hp?

Furinkazen
Tom COD did Vintage NASCAR with Camaro 69 RM. IROC uses the Camaro RM (new one) and problem with the Challenger TC is that people have to use the DLC.

Why not just use my old Nationwide regs :sly: (hint hint) or 2010 cars at 453hp?

Because they're not 'Stock' cars, they're race cars that bear little resmeblence to their real counterparts :P

And I suppose 2010 is an idea but it's a bit too similar to the Sprint Cup and SC will have to use 2010 cars anyway (Red Bull for example).

And if you don't have the DLC you can still choose from the Camaro and the IS-F. They'll all be tried and tested obviously :)

My opinion, and the better way to gain the respect of the Sprint drivers (if you are looking for a ride the following season) is to use the NASCARs for the Nationwide at the lower bhp. That way you learn the characteristics, feel, driving in packs, what they feel like in bump drafting etc.

If you choose other RM or TC cars, Sprint drivers are less likely to pick you up for the following season.

Plus, it keeps in line with the whole concept of what is trying to be achieved here.

My opinion, and the better way to gain the respect of the Sprint drivers (if you are looking for a ride the following season) is to use the NASCARs for the Nationwide at the lower bhp. That way you learn the characteristics, feel, driving in packs, what they feel like in bump drafting etc.

If you choose other RM or TC cars, Sprint drivers are less likely to pick you up for the following season.

Plus, it keeps in line with the whole concept of what is trying to be achieved here.

Good point, we could then use the Camaro RM when the second season of IROC presents itself, which is unlikely until we get the online fix because just by looking at the current amount of interested drivers, the grids would certainly fill up for it.

Knelly

Fair point. So just 2010 cars?

Would like to run 2010 cars to keep a sense of visual disparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back