Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill post a lenghty post tonight after I review the replay and have all explainations in place before anythings gets out of hand. Team red bull and ganassi will have a full statement represented by me, crazy bassist by midnight tonite. Stay tuned for the press release.

Since the fake pit worked so well last week I gave a shot. Good battle today between 2 fords and 2 chevys.

The end of the race you had 4 cars fighting hard for the win, and then 3 or 4 other cars a lap down fighting hard for positon. It was the end of the race and nobody was going to give an inch. Not really an issue, we just happened to be all together.

Since the fake pit worked so well last week I gave a shot. Good battle today between 2 fords and 2 chevys.

The end of the race you had 4 cars fighting hard for the win, and then 3 or 4 other cars a lap down fighting hard for positon. It was the end of the race and nobody was going to give an inch. Not really an issue, we just happened to be all together.

Well said. 👍

Before I say anything else, I want to apologize to the five drivers that practiced long and hard, qualified, and showed up to race today, but were not able to do so because of the heavy lag created by a room full of cars today at Indy. I really want PD to fix this online issue so that in future races, we are able to accomodate absolutely everyone that wants to run.

My long term goal for this series is to eventually have two divisions: a ~552hp Sprint Cup division and a ~453hp Nationwide division. Obviously, before we can do that, we need more than the 12 or so regular drivers we have now. I sincerely hope that everyone that showed interest in driving today will retain that interest long enough to get on track with us later, when it's actually possible to do so without deteriorating the quality of the race, and enjoy what I truly believe is some of the most fun and action-packed racing on all of GTPlanet. As I said in the race lobby, all five exiting drivers will be credited with a 12th place finish for today's race.

As for the race, I didn't get to see a lot of it. I lost the lead pack pretty early and basically just ran solo for about 60 laps, with a few Red Bull/Office Depot sightings in between. I hated to hear about what happened to Knelly (he ran his qualifying setup in the race on accident, causing him to lose the draft and solo the entire race, finishing 10th).

I am currently at work, and have not yet watched the replay. The following is merely what I know to have happened. Hence, these are the preliminary results, not the final official results. If anyone is certain that they led a lap, just post it up, and i'll add your bonus point to these unofficial results. Any idea who led the most laps?

Preliminary UNOFFICIAL Indy results:

1. #24 RFLX_Niop (pole position, lap led) - 20 points, +2 bonus points
2. #43 homeslice47 (lap led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #48 ACDCROCKS123 (lap led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #99 JoeOfTheFire (lap led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #88 Droptop2001gt (lap led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #20 M-Stall41 - 11 points
7. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 10 points
8. #14 Mudd - 9 points
9. #83 dowhat13 - 8 points
10. #18 Knelly - 7 points
11. #11 Furinkazen - 6 points
12. #14 DriveTheGuard88 - 5 points
12. #24 MattyMc1996 - 5 points
12. #42 Chqr - 5 points
12. #43 Cowboys965 - 5 points
12. #83 Carbonox - 5 points

Preliminary UNOFFICIAL Championship Standings (missing the most laps led bonus point, and maybe some laps led bonus points):

1. #24 RFLX_Niop - 337 points
2. #88 Droptop2001gt - 335 points
3. #99 JoeOfTheFire - 333 points (tie-breaker, more wins)
4. #43 homeslice47 - 333 points
5. #18 Knelly - 329 points
6. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 326 points
7. #20 M-Stall41 - 325 points
8. #48 ACDCROCKS123 - 320 points
9. #14 Mudd - 319 points
10. #11 Furinkazen - 314 points (tie-breaker, more 3rd place finishes)
11. #83 dowhat13 - 314 points

Team Standings:

Hendrick - 270 points
Ford Racing - 246 points
Gibbs - 214 points
Red Bull - 200 points
Stewart-Ganassi - 138 points

Manufacturer Standings:

Chevy - 62 points
Toyota - 57 points
Ford - 52 points

Before I say anything else, I want to apologize to the five drivers that practiced long and hard, qualified, and showed up to race today, but were not able to do so because of the heavy lag created by a room full of cars today at Indy. I really want PD to fix this online issue so that in future races, we are able to accomodate absolutely everyone that wants to run.

My long term goal for this series is to eventually have two divisions: a ~552hp Sprint Cup division and a ~453hp Nationwide division. Obviously, before we can do that, we need more than the 12 or so regular drivers we have now. I sincerely hope that everyone that showed interest in driving today will retain that interest long enough to get on track with us later, when it's actually possible to do so without deteriorating the quality of the race, and enjoy what I truly believe is some of the most fun and action-packed racing on all of GTPlanet. As I said in the race lobby, all five exiting drivers will be credited with a 12th place finish for today's race.

As for the race, I didn't get to see a lot of it. I lost the lead pack pretty early and basically just ran solo for about 60 laps, with a few Red Bull/Office Depot sightings in between. I hated to hear about what happened to Knelly (he ran his qualifying setup in the race on accident, causing him to lose the draft and solo the entire race, finishing 10th).

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't include myself as 12th as I didn't race and it would ruin my statistics of being in the top ten for every race I've run.

I'd gladly run in a Nationwide Series for next season if the bug isn't sorted out by then. You could use the 2011 models for the cup and 2010 models for the nationwide.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't include myself as 12th as I didn't race and it would ruin my statistics of being in the top ten for every race I've run.

I'd gladly run in a Nationwide Series for next season if the bug isn't sorted out by then. You could use the 2011 models for the cup and 2010 models for the nationwide.

Since I have calmed down some after the complete failure of yesterday, may I request a possible return of Furi's idea of the Nationwide, using the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

I don't remember if the failed Nationwide attempt last month had more than 12 participants, but if Furi's lounge can handle 12, that'll be alrighty.

EDIT: Oh wait, Furi's in the chase, so he might not be around...

Since I have calmed down some after the complete failure of yesterday, may I request a possible return of Furi's idea of the Nationwide, using the Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

I don't remember if the failed Nationwide attempt last month had more than 12 participants, but if Furi's lounge can handle 12, that'll be alrighty.

EDIT: Oh wait, Furi's in the chase, so he might not be around...

Actually, I do like Furi's car selection too. It would be nice if we could have similar teams to the 2012 Nationwide Teams:

Chevrolet Camaros

Richard Childress Racing
#2 -
#3 -

JR Motorsports
#7 -
#88 -

Turner Motorsports
#30 -
#31 -

Dodge Challengers

Penske Racing
#12 -
#22 -

MacDonald Motorsports (Independent)
#81 -

Ford Mustang

Rick Ware Racing
#15 -
#41 -

Roush Fenway Racing (Independent)
#6 -

Chqr
Actually, I do like Furi's car selection too. It would be nice if we could have similar teams to the 2012 Nationwide Teams:

Chevrolet Camaros

Richard Childress Racing
#2 -
#3 -

JR Motorsports
#7 -
#88 -

Turner Motorsports
#30 -
#31 -

Dodge Challengers

Penske Racing
#12 -
#22 -

MacDonald Motorsports (Independent)
#81 -

Ford Mustang

Rick Ware Racing
#15 -
#41 -

Roush Fenway Racing (Independent)
#6 -

I really liked the idea of using the Challenger TC and Camaro RM for Nationwide as you can have the number on the side of the car and they're more like race cars than the stock equivalents.

Um, ok. So the five drivers that were asked to leave won't be listed in the official race results, though Mudd will get credit for a team car placing 12th. Does that seem more fair for everyone?

I really liked the idea of using the Challenger TC and Camaro RM for Nationwide as you can have the number on the side of the car and they're more like race cars than the stock equivalents.

I would also be glad to bring out my good old IROC Camaro again, it was a shame I only drove it in one event because of other races filling the spot :(

Um, ok. So the five drivers that were asked to leave won't be listed in the official race results, though Mudd will get credit for a team car placing 12th. Does that seem more fair for everyone?

I support, I'll rather not take points from this one, but rather from my proper debut (which may be unlikely as I'm heading into the Nationwide as of now).

Seems fair enough.

I hope that this bug is fixed by the time preparation for S4 comes around so all this palaver doesn't need to take place.

I'll head to Nationwide for next season most probably. But I think it should be detuned NASCAR's or the RM/TC combo I mentioned, the stock production cars just don't feel right for it.

Seems fair enough.

I hope that this bug is fixed by the time preparation for S4 comes around so all this palaver doesn't need to take place.

I'm more hopeful for improvement in time for season 3, as we're currently only 3 weeks away from the completion of season 2.

I'll head to Nationwide for next season most probably. But I think it should be detuned NASCAR's or the RM/TC combo I mentioned, the stock production cars just don't feel right for it.

Do you feel like hosting if Furi remains in the Sprint Cup? I won't be available because my friend list has recently been filled by GTP drivers and I would possibly have to add 6-10 more lads in order to get them all to race if I was hosting.

Yep, my chase officially over. That sucks. All that work and now unlikely to finish top 5. Not happy.

Unless a Mustang TC or RM is released or an unlikely Toyota Camry TC or RM.

I'd much rather run regularly in a second division than be a driver on the fringes of racing is the top series. Much rather be a Cole Whitt than a Brian Vickers in terms of Red Bull.

In theory the Nationwide series doesn't have a chase, has more road courses, a shorter season and has on average shorter races so that might be something to consider.

If Tom would relaunch his Nascar series, I might be inclined to head over there but that's not looking likely right now.

Carbonox
Do you feel like hosting if Furi remains in the Sprint Cup? I won't be available because my friend list has recently been filled by GTP drivers and I would possibly have to add 6-10 more lads in order to get them all to race if I was hosting.

I'd be happy to host the room but I couldn't do all the lap counting and steward reports as i'm generally tied up with reviewing the IndyCar race from the previous night. So you'd just need a steward :)

I'd be happy to host the room but I couldn't do all the lap counting and steward reports as i'm generally tied up with reviewing the IndyCar race from the previous night. So you'd just need a steward :)

Me probably? ;)

Now that I'm thinking of it, we should be able to get a good-sized field. Along with us 3, there could be matty, akmuq, neljack, Sumo, smuffy, tombrooks and maybe MadMax and Mule... probably also Cowboys, looking at his recent interest - based mainly on the drivers from IROC and the original, bug-ruined Nationwide. Of course some might not make it, but maybe some guys outside the chase at the Sprint Cup would also like to join. Who knows.

Man, I can already smell the excitement in the air.

Carbonox
Me probably? ;)

Now that I'm thinking of it, we should be able to get a good-sized field. Along with us 3, there could be matty, akmuq, neljack, Sumo, smuffy, tombrooks and maybe MadMax and Mule... based on the drivers from IROC and the original, bug-ruined Nationwide. Of course some might not make it, but maybe some guys outside the chase at the Sprint Cup would also like to join. Who knows.

Yeah for sure, I want to see what Drop says about S3 though because he did want Nationwide to be affiliated with the Sprint Cup unlike the bug-ruined first attempt. And obviously he's running the series, not me or you :P

An idea for Nationwide:

Run detuned versions of our 502hp NASCAR cars, maybe somewhere around ~400hp.
Run a schedule that mirrors the tracks of the Sprint Cup schedule, just with shorter length races (25-33% length).
Run a one-compound rule with everyone on Racing Soft tires, so that pitting is still a factor, even in shorter races
Do away with bonus points for a lap led, most laps led, and pole. Just award straight points for finishing position.
Have the same rule that Sprint Cup drivers can't earn points toward a Nationwide title.
Run it as a companion series to Sprint Cup, basically absorbing the old TOCA time slot, 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) on Saturdays.

An idea for Nationwide:

Run a schedule that mirrors the tracks of the Sprint Cup schedule, just with shorter length races (25-33% length).
Run a one-compound rule with everyone on Racing Soft tires, so that pitting is still a factor, even in shorter races
Do away with bonus points for a lap led, most laps led, and pole. Just award straight points for finishing position.
Have the same rule that Sprint Cup drivers can't earn points toward a Nationwide title.
Run it as a companion series to Sprint Cup, basically absorbing the old TOCA time slot, 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT) on Saturdays.

Excellent. If this could be run as early as this saturday for a pre-run, we could have a show on our hands.

MustangRyan
An idea for Nationwide:

I think you'll have trouble getting them down to 400 but apart from that it sounds good 👍

EDIT: Problem is Chqr that's pretty much what IROC is.

So, would Nationwide be run on Saturdays as well? Due to TOCA's untimely death - I'm pretty sure we shouldn't attempt to return to it anymore until the next patch - I suggest 7pm GMT because it would maybe fit the mostly European field better.

I think you'll have trouble getting them down to 400 but apart from that it sounds good 👍

EDIT: Problem is Chqr that's pretty much what IROC is.

Yeah, just scrapped that idea after Drop's timely post which is a really good compromise.

Let's get this show on the road. If we scrapped all the bonus points and just gave it to the finishing positions, we might have a really exciting racing series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back