Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a somewhat radical idea, and I know full well before I share this with you guys that many of you will not agree with this. Nonetheless, I think it is a cool idea and one that could be really fun and interesting.

Instead of using the Camaro RM and Challenger TC for NWide, why not flip flop it and make the Premier Cup Series run 500-600 HP Camaros and Challengers while the more inexperienced NWide series tackles the easier to drive 2010 and 2011 NASCAR's?

Why, you may ask, would I consider something like this....?

1. Think about it, NASCAR is debuting new cars in 2013 that resemble their real life counterparts, so we would be doing such a thing for our league one year earlier. Both the Camaro RM and Challenger TC resemble NASCAR-ized versions of the real thing, so it would add realism to the mix while also offering up some variety as well.

2. If we do this, Cup drivers will finally be able to have some level of customization to their rides and teams could still be modeled after real life teams. Being able to actually run our own numbers and colors opens up many many possibilities that couldn't possibly all be listed here. This also makes the Cup Series easier to expand, and we'll no longer have to deal with two of the same car on the track

3. The Camaro and Challenger are more difficult cars to master than the NASCAR's are, and to me the Cup Series should be all about mastering the more difficult cars. The NASCAR's are admittedly easier to setup and drive, which means that new NWide drivers wont't have such a difficult time when starting up.

4. Running the Camaro and Challenger in Cup makes the series as a whole more attractive to outsiders since they more closely resemble mainstream street cars as well as international race cars

5. If you want even more variety, you could even add the Lexus IS-F RM or the Nissan GTR TC to the mix, assuming they could be equalized to the other two cars. Each car would offer a unique challenge, and each team could pick the car that best suits them.

6. Finally, using the Camaro and Challenger in Cup gives us a level of differentiation from the real thing. Lets face it, based on the slim selection of tracks we have to run, we aren't exactly a replica of the real thing anyway, so why not introduce some cool ideas (and cars) of our own to give our version of NASCAR a unique flavor?

Again, this is just an idea, but I think it would make our league better and more interesting as a whole. If you guys are interested, I have plenty more ideas to add upon the ones already listed in this post.

MStall, I kinda like that idea. I wouldn't be opposed to shaking things up. As long as we have at least 3 different makes that is.

That sounds a cool idea MStall, not sure how some of the other guys will warm to it though.

On a side note, there's been a suggestion that next season's Cup team owners also take ownership of a Nationwide team and are responsible on selecting their team drivers in a draft from a a sign up list.

Hendrick owner would also own Richard Childress Nationwide
JGR owner would own JGR Nationwide
Ford owner would own Rick Ware Nationwide
RBR owner would own RBR Nationwide
Stewart-Ganassi owner would own JR Motorsports Nationwide

MStall, I kinda like that idea. I wouldn't be opposed to shaking things up. As long as we have at least 3 different makes that is.

I think its totally possible to find a 3rd car to go with the Camro and Challenger. Those two cars are already almost dead equal anyway, so if the Lexus tested out to be on par with the other two than the Lexus would essentially be driven by the existing Toyota teams and the Dodge could replace our current Ford Team

Example of Cup Series Team Structure with RM and TC Cars

CHEVY CAMARO Teams

Hendrick Motorsports
#5-Gray with Blue Rims (The_Boyce)
#24-Cranberry Red with Black Rims (RFLX_Niop)
#48-Dark Blue with White Rims (ACDCROCKS123)
#88-Dark Green with Red Rims (Droptop2001gt)

Richard Childress Racing
#27-Yellow with Black Rims
#29-Black with Red Rims
#31-Brownish Black with Yellow Rims

Stewart Haas Racing
#10-Green with Orange Rims (Chqr)
#14-Red with White Rims (Mudd)
#39-Black with Brown Rims (Tom_97_COD)

DODGE CHALLENGER Teams

Penske Racing
#2-Blue with Beige Rims
#12-White with Red Rims
#22-Yellow with Red Rims

Robby Gordon Motorsports
#7-Orange with Black Rims
#77-Black with Orange Rims

Richard Petty Motorsports <-bit of a stretch but you get the point
#9-Beige with Black Rims (JoeOfTheFire)
#43-Light Blue with Red Rims (Homeslice47)
#44-White with Light Blue Rims (FunkyDucks)

LEXUS IS-F Teams

Joe Gibbs Racing
#11-Black with Purple Rims (Furinkazen)
#18-Mustard Yellow with Brown Rims (Knelly)
#20-Orange with White Rims (M-Stall41)

Michael Waltrip Racing
#15-Red with Yellow Rims
#55-Light Blue with White Rims
#56-Blue with Yellow Rims
#99-Dark Gray with Orange Rims

Red Bull Racing (This is for Crazy:))
#4-Blue with Silver Rims (Crazy_Bassist_83)
#83-Silver with Blue Rims (Dowhat13)

Last edited:
Owning and managing a Nationwide team might be more than Sprint Cup team owners want to take on. What about having Nationwide drivers sign up to drive whatever car they want, without any team owners. They can team up, and drive with a friend, but neither driver would own the team. It would be more of an equal partnership between teammates.

On a side note, there's been a suggestion that next season's Cup team owners also take ownership of a Nationwide team and are responsible on selecting their team drivers in a draft from a a sign up list.

Hendrick owner would also own Richard Childress Nationwide
JGR owner would own JGR Nationwide
Ford owner would own Rick Ware Nationwide
RBR owner would own RBR Nationwide
Stewart-Ganassi owner would own JR Motorsports Nationwide

^This would be perfect, Tom.

MStall, I like where your head's at. And I know for a fact that the Lexus is very equal to the Camaro, so I think that would work great. I'm just not sure Ryan would want to make that big of a change. If he's not interested, I may adopt this for S5 of my Thursday night NASCAR series. That is, if you're ok with it.

Edit:
Owning and managing a Nationwide team might be more than Sprint Cup team owners want to take on. What about having Nationwide drivers sign up to drive whatever car they want, without any team owners. They can team up, and drive with a friend, but neither driver would own the team. It would be more of an equal partnership between teammates.

I would actually like owning a Nationwide team as well. I could get with my drivers and help them with setups or race strategy, ect.

^This would be perfect, Tom.

MStall, I like where your head's at. And I know for a fact that the Lexus is very equal to the Camaro, so I think that would work great. I'm just not sure Ryan would want to make that big of a change. If he's not interested, I may adopt this for S5 of my Thursday night NASCAR series. That is, if you're ok with it.

Assuming my idea is not implemented, I'd love to colloborate with you on it for your Thursday Night Series

Ideally, I would like to run our league using the actual NASCAR vehicles in the game. I would like for our Nationwide series to run slower versions of the same car, so that drivers that move from series to series don't have too much trouble adjusting to the cars.

I think using the modified street cars would be great for RFLX's weeknight series, to really differentiate the two series.

Oh I forgot to say, thanks for the points for 12th Drop.

I was kinda pissed off at the time but understand it was the only thing you could have done now. 👍

Furinkazen
So are we going to just 12 for season 3? I'm a bit confused?

I hope not. I might keep 16 seats, but take only the top 12 qualifiers at each track, if the online lag persists.

If we have to trim down, we would go to teams of 3, 3, 2, 2, and 2.

Full power daytona room open, if you guys want to get some spot racing going today.

MustangRyan
I hope not. I might keep 16 seats, but take only the top 12 qualifiers at each track, if the online lag persists.

If we have to trim down, we would go to teams of 3, 3, 2, 2, and 2.

Shame, I like'd the idea of having a 4 car team.. Maybe we could go like this since there are some independent's in NASCAR?

3-3-2-1-1? Still have the diversity and allow for some independents?

Edit: may join in a few Drop.

Shame, I like'd the idea of having a 4 car team.. Maybe we could go like this since there are some independent's in NASCAR?

3-3-2-1-1? Still have the diversity and allow for some independents?

Edit: may join in a few Drop.

Get yourself in the Nationwide mate unless you're looking for a sprint cup ride.

And Drop, I'll PM all the team owners and ask for their views on it (owning a Cup and Nationwide team) when the season has ended. I think it will really add something to the series' and will give people a pool of reserves to pick from rather than having to draft in random drivers.

Ideally, I would like to run our league using the actual NASCAR vehicles in the game. I would like for our Nationwide series to run slower versions of the same car, so that drivers that move from series to series don't have too much trouble adjusting to the cars.

I think using the modified street cars would be great for RFLX's weeknight series, to really differentiate the two series.

All the ideas mentioned by the others are really cool, and would probably be part of it all, but I completely agree with Drops comments as to how the Sprint and Nationwide leagues should be run.

This was always the intention and makes complete sense based on moving up and down the leagues, and proving yourselves to team owners etc.

100% support this idea, but do like the concepts of the others, for other series.

Full power daytona room open, if you guys want to get some spot racing going today.

Would but catching up on WSOP while waiting for the Superbowl. Don't want to get in a NASCAR car for a little while after last night :grumpy:

Plus, on Pokerstars as well.

TomMcD
Get yourself in the Nationwide mate unless you're looking for a sprint cup ride.

And Drop, I'll PM all the team owners and ask for their views on it (owning a Cup and Nationwide team) when the season has ended. I think it will really add something to the series' and will give people a pool of reserves to pick from rather than having to draft in random drivers.

Hmm I'd love a seat in this, but a season in NATIONWIDE wouldn't be a bad idea either..

Depends on if I get picked or not really :dopey: so probably I'll be in NATIONWIDE for a while.

Anyone remember the pole time for Monza no chicane? I found the post with the fastest lap from the race, but not a qualifying time. It's the only one of our tracks I've never been around to race at.

I just did a couple of laps (literally. Just an outlap and 2 timed laps) and would like to know how I'm doing compared to the pole time.

HSR should be interesting.

OFFICIAL Indy results:

1. #24 RFLX_Niop (pole position, 46 laps led) - 20 points, +3 bonus points
2. #43 homeslice47 (11 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #48 ACDCROCKS123 (4 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #99 JoeOfTheFire (6 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #88 Droptop2001gt (4 laps led) - 12 points, +1 bonus point
6. #20 M-Stall41 - 11 points
7. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 (1 lap led) - 10 points, +1 bonus point
8. #14 Mudd (1 lap led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #83 dowhat13 (2 laps led) - 8 points, +1 bonus point
10. #18 Knelly - 7 points
11. #11 Furinkazen - 6 points

12. #14 DriveTheGuard88 - 5 points**
12. #24 MattyMc1996 - 5 points**
12. #42 Chqr - 5 points**
12. #43 Cowboys965 - 5 points**
12. #83 Carbonox - 5 points**

**These five drivers are being awarded 5 points for 12th place, but are NOT being scored as finishing 12th, since they were not able to compete in the race for a higher position due to the online lag problem encountered. The 12th position should be not be reflected in their career stats.

Pole time: 51.563 seconds - RFLX_Niop
Fastest lap of the race: 49.210 seconds - RFLX_Niop - lap 53

Driver's Championship:

UV88R.jpg

Owner's Championship:

gtqnR.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:

cN7Ed.jpg

Now that we are in the Chase, and are limiting fields to only the top eleven drivers, the car registration page has been updated accordingly. For those that might need a reserve driver, here is a list of any drivers that have run this season (exhibitions included) or have shown a serious interest in running this season:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6031109#post6031109

It might also be a good spot to look for potential Nationwide drivers that are looking for a teammate for that series. 👍

homeslice47
I thought mstall may have led a lap early when i was pushing him.

Not according to the race monitor, but I'll go back and double-check just to be certain.

I've recently ran in Nascar rooms with 14 racers where I was the only Brit in a room full of 12 Americans and 1 Canadian. There was no evident bug but periodic lag but not serious lag. Could be worth noting.

Kinda my best shot at glory in my Sprint Cup career this weekend, going for it! 👍

Apparently the HSR testing I did in early January was wrong. I just redid it and got different results. Bit of a shame that the january results weren't right, it would have made for an interesting race. It may be due to our change of grip reduction from low to real. Guess I'll change my setup back to how it originally was for HSR and work from the newer results.

Furi- there's a few people that think they also have a great shot at winning HSR. I can think of 4 off the top of my head, and there's probably easily 2 more people.

EDIT: the original setup was a success. I gained a whole 10 seconds over the entire race distance compared to the previous setup.

EDIT 2: Improved that setup too. It's faster and easier to control now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back