Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use the chase cam? I could swear it got changed back to the way it used to be after the last update.

I do, it's rigid again. It doesn't suck down onto the car like it used to do at Daytona. Eitherway rigid or loose, I like it. I don't know why people were whining when they made it loose? I actually prefer to feel all the weight shift everywhere on track.

Have you guys tested with a full lounge since the patch? A Nationwide may not even be necessary if PD have managed to fix the bug.

I do, it's rigid again. It doesn't suck down onto the car like it used to do at Daytona. Eitherway rigid or loose, I like it. I don't know why people were whining when they made it loose? I actually prefer to feel all the weight shift everywhere on track.

The camera would glitch after a bit during a race, and would get progressively worse throughout it. I think that's why they changed it back.

I didn't notice lag but then GT5 is always lagging so your probably right. With making it loose its probably too much for the file to read compared too it stiff where it follows the file coding of the car. Example would be a rigid camera which its at now compared to a loose camera which what they had switched to. The loose camera most likely had two joints between the camera and the car with all the animations/movements coded into the joints (more independent x,y,z coordinates with sway and bounce), meaning more file to read which gives lag/ping and all that crap we don't want. Where as the camera now is a rigid object with no defined/coded movement (parented object structured on top of the car with maybe one simple x,y coordinate joint).

Did I say I am a computer animator? LOL

I think we could do without mics for HSR and let the reserves/free agents in. This would be cool see the prospects in action. I was really looking forward to that last week.

I think we should disable mics, and run with chase drivers (knelly's replacement included), plus mudd's second team driver. That's 12 cars on track.

Drivethegaurd88 or maybe cowboy?

Matty volunteered a few days ago. Knelly may still race on saturday, depending on whether it snows again here. (if it does snow, he won't be able to go where he wanted to, but will be able to race)

The car owners for the 18 and 42 might want to organize a little race tonight to see who they think can get them the most points for tomorrow.

That's not a bad idea. As I said, I will be making my decision whether I can race or not at 18:00 GMT. It's looking as though I will not be able to make it though (where's that snow when you need it).

This being the case, anyone who wants to drive as a replacement for me in the #18, please come to my lounge at 22:00, where I you will all have a 15 lap race, where I will make my decision.

Look forward to seeing a few of you later on 👍

I won't be able to be online at that time, Knelly, but I havn't set up a driver for the 42 yet. I'll use the 2nd place driver from your race, if that's cool.

I won't be able to be online at that time, Knelly, but I havn't set up a driver for the 42 yet. I'll use the 2nd place driver from your race, if that's cool.

You should have asked for the winner. Let Knelly have the runner-up. :lol:

I might not necesarily opt for the winner. I will be looking for all round performance (unless nobody joins my room then I'm screwed :nervous: )

EDIT : I'll let you know what I think after the race Mudd, offering suggestion as appropriate.

I might not necesarily opt for the winner. I will be looking for all round performance (unless nobody joins my room then I'm screwed :nervous: )

EDIT : I'll let you know what I think after the race Mudd, offering suggestion as appropriate.

So you have a room open for people to race and best races in your place tomorrow night? I'll be on in a sec. 👍

Matty, room will be open at 8:00 this evening. Hopefully we'll get four or five at least for a short-ish race, I then I can decide.

I'm thinking that you, Carbon, Tom and a few others might make it. You better get some practice in 👍

Matty, room will be open at 8:00 this evening. Hopefully we'll get four or five at least for a short-ish race, I then I can decide.

I'm thinking that you, Carbon, Tom and a few others might make it. You better get some practice in 👍

I can't run tomorrow as I'm entered in Brett's 3 hours of Le Mans, sorry buddy.

Neither me or carb can join at that time cause of akmuq's Suzuki series.. 👎

Sorry mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back