Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So us reserve drivers aren't tied to a team anymore, like freelance drivers? And do we earn Owners/Manufacturer points? đź‘Ť

So us reserve drivers aren't tied to a team anymore, like freelance drivers? And do we earn Owners/Manufacturer points? đź‘Ť

No, reserve drivers will not be tied to a specific team, but they will fill in for a team every week. That is, when they are able to show up for a race, they should know that they could be asked to step in to any available seat for that one day, depending on which full-time drivers do not show up for a scheduled race.

And yes, whichever team/manufacturer you drive for on that day will receive points for your performance.

Think of it like this: if Denny Hamlin was too sick to race, and Joe Gibbs put you in the car that day, Joe Gibbs Racing and Toyota would both receive points from your performance. The next week, you might be driving in place of A.J. Allmendinger, and earning points for Ford Racing.

This means reserve drivers should always have an extra 500,000 credits available on race day, just in case they need to purchase a NASCAR they do not already own.

Any reserve driver that has made at least 5 starts for the same team/manufacturer will also be awarded any prizes that are awarded to full-time drivers for winning the Owner's/Manufacturer's Championship.

CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

The series will comprise of 13 races, with 12 total points-paying events. There will be a 7-race regular season, followed by a 5-race Chase for the top 8 drivers in the points standings after 7 events.

Preseason exhibition: 10-29-11 - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps) - ACDCROCKS123

01: 11-05-11 - Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: 11-12-11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)
03: 11-19-11 - Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: 11-26-11 - Daytona Superspeedway (50 Laps)
05: 12-03-11 - Circuit de la Sarthe (no chicanes) (12 laps)
06: 12-10-11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (40 Laps)
07: 12-17-11 - Suzuka East (40 laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

08: 01-07-11 - Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
09: 01-14-11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (75 Laps)
10: 01-21-11 - High Speed Ring (40 Laps)
11: 01-28-11 - Daytona Superspeedway (75 laps)
12: 02-04-11 - Brickyard 500 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (200 Laps)

Just wanted to point out you need to edit years in the Chase to 2012.

Also a point that I'm starting and parking races, I'll run a while, then park it and power off PS3.

And I have 20,000,000 credits :D

And one last question :sly: How do we decide which reserve drivers get to run in a race?

And one last question :sly: How do we decide which reserve drivers get to run in a race?

I feel pretty safe in saying that if you show up, you will probably be able to race. I have yet to have 16 people show up for a single event, with a 17th person unable to attend because the lobby is already full. I would be thrilled if this became a problem in the future.

The biggest problem would be what to do if we already had 16 people in the room, and a full-time driver unable to get in. My best guess is that the reserve driver with the lowest number of points would be politely asked to leave, making room for full-time drivers or drivers with more points to enter the room, as needed.

So, your best bet to make sure you can make the race would be to start and finish as many races as you possibly can. Besides, the more points you have, the more likely you are to attract a full-time seat, should one open up (they almost certainly will).

Ahh right. I aren't personally looking to get a full time spot anyway as I had one before but a unpredictable schedule stops me from signing up full time.

Anyway, thanks for the info Drop đź‘Ť

JakobNascar88
Can the Reserve drivers get in the chase?

Absolutely. However, I don't think any driver in the top eight after seven races will still be a reserve driver.

Hey Ryan. I would like to see what everyone thinks about there being cautions for wrecks. Like this past shootout race where I was leadind and was taken out no fault of my own. That ended any chance for me to be competitive for the rest of the race. To make the races more realistic I think cautions should be part of the series. What do you guys think?

Hey Ryan. I would like to see what everyone thinks about there being cautions for wrecks. Like this past shootout race where I was leadind and was taken out no fault of my own. That ended any chance for me to be competitive for the rest of the race. To make the races more realistic I think cautions should be part of the series. What do you guys think?

Bit late for that. Cautions are VERY difficult to communicate.

Me, Joe and Knelly's IndyCar series has cautions partly for the realism aspect and partly for that reason, it's hard to get back into contention after a wreck on an oval. I personally think it's a pretty decent idea.

EDIT: It's not too bad, if there's a multiple car crash you either call caution on the mic or type in chat.

I am 100% against cautions, as having cautions gives drivers less repercussions for causing accidents. It also encourages cars with bad setups to just bring out a caution if they need a pit stop for tires well before everyone else does. I honestly feel like cautions become a crutch for bad drivers more often than they help good drivers, and they take setups and strategy out of the longer events.

My goal is to grab a bit of glory, lead a couple of laps, and just prove myself competitive in the field.

MrMulsanne
My goal is to grab a bit of glory, lead a couple of laps, and just prove myself competitive in the field.

It should be really easy with the other drivers playing out a long race strategy and saving fuel and tires.

Not sure which way to play it yet!

EDIT : Can Furi get points for leading the most laps, even as a Start and Park participant?

Last edited:
Drop... can ya push start back to 9.20 GMT to allow us TOCA guys to get in? Our final race is this saturday, and me, Chqr, and Knelly are all going to be in that...

Not sure which way to play it yet!

EDIT : Can Furi get points for leading the most laps, even as a Start and Park participant?
Absolutely, the bonus point for leading the most laps is for doing just that. Plenty of NASCAR drivers have won those bonus points without finishing the race due to accidents or mechanical failures in the past.

Drop... can ya push start back to 9.20 GMT to allow us TOCA guys to get in? Our final race is this saturday, and me, Chqr, and Knelly are all going to be in that...

Can you bump your race up? This is already a 3 hour race we're looking at here. I hate to make it start any later, especially for those guys that are going to be up until midnight or later with the current start time.

Absolutely, the bonus point for leading the most laps is for doing just that. Plenty of NASCAR drivers have won those bonus points without finishing the race due to accidents or mechanical failures in the past.

Can you bump your race up? This is already a 3 hour race we're looking at here. I hate to make it start any later, especially for those guys that are going to be up until midnight or later with the current start time.

I'll try to. If you can start at 9.10pm GMT I can cut a deal and start mine earlier, how about it?

So I'm now confused, speak my language, that is still 4pm cst? Because I need to kno n would be disappointed if this is a major schedule change as having a three month old son is a piece of work n I'm hiring a sitter just so I can be apart of the 500 with no distractions

Furi, shorten the quali for Meganes.:) Neljack and Carbon are usually first into the room anyways and they're the only important guys in that. (Apart from me, who will win the race.:sly:)

kenkwilinski
So I'm now confused, speak my language, that is still 4pm cst? Because I need to kno n would be disappointed if this is a major schedule change as having a three month old son is a piece of work n I'm hiring a sitter just so I can be apart of the 500 with no distractions

The race will start ten minutes after 4pm, CST.

kenkwilinski

Yep, I've made sure wife and 4 year old are staying at the in-laws on Saturday for the same reason.

Two big meets on Saturday. Don't need distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back