Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in that case I'll have to test some setups, because a pit stop is gonna be quite a handicap in a race as short as this.

TomMcD
I can make it this week for a quick shootout :) 40 laps is enough to force a pit stop right?

With only 502 hp, you can definitely go without stopping. The first stint in our last Daytona 500 was about 60-62 laps.

TomMcD
Well in that case I'll have to test some setups, because a pit stop is gonna be quite a handicap in a race as short as this.

Keep in mind that drafting saves fuel, and can potentially save tires, depending on your approach. You'll never go 60 laps alone on track.

With only 502 hp, you can definitely go without stopping. The first stint in our last Daytona 500 was about 60-62 laps.

Ah right, I'm used to running full power so those stints were considerably shorter 👍

It looks like we have a pretty solid majority here. Slipstream will be set to weak in all 13 events.

MustangRyan
It looks like we have a pretty solid majority here. Slipstream will be set to weak in all 13 events.

:lol: that means damage limitation on the road courses for me as this is my weak point. Weak was my vote though, the way it should be.

Hate the fact that the last race before the chase is Susuka East. I sucked big time there last season and just hope I don't need big points there to qualify for the chase.

I won't be much good on the road courses. I haven't had much practice, but the little I've had resulted in a lot of tyre smoke and a massive accident :lol:

The 2.01 update has a bug for rolling starts (single and double file) in online rooms. Some or all drivers won't be able to accelerate past 74mph. The only current workaround for it is if you press start during the countdown (3,2,1) once the race has loaded. (Pause and unpause I presume. I've not raced online since the update, but the problem has been posted on GTP)

People will need to be aware of this for when we run at the weekend, unless this is patched beforehand.

EDIT: Have a read through the thread on it: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229715

The 2.01 update has a bug for rolling starts (single and double file) in online rooms. Some or all drivers won't be able to accelerate past 74mph. The only current workaround for it is if you press start during the countdown (3,2,1) once the race has loaded. (Pause and unpause I presume. I've not raced online since the update, but the problem has been posted on GTP)

People will need to be aware of this for when we run at the weekend, unless this is patched beforehand.

EDIT: Have a read through the thread on it: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=229715

I noticed something similar in the IndyCar testing I did today at Daytona and Indy and couldn't accelerate past 99mph, had to go from a grid start which worked. You could try that and a pace lap?

40-lap preseason Daytona race this Saturday, qualifying at 4pm, race at 5pm.

Last edited:
That's 9 and 10 BST am I right? 👍

EDIT: Woops, just checked the OP, of course it is.

40-lap preseason Daytona race this Saturday, qualifying at 4pm, race at 5pm.

I'll make this one hopefully drop 👍

Final entry for Daytona will be my 2011 #43 Fusion, if thats ok :)

Last edited:
Pre Season Race Day.

Time to find a partner or two.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!!!

Pre Season Race Day.

Time to find a partner or two.

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!!!!

My 43 is broken in and ready to go, DT, Knell, pull those belts tight one more time! Season 2 is ready to start!!!

mechyboy27
Can I be a reserve for the Hendrick Motorsports team?

That spot is full, I just haven't updated the thread yet. Besides, the larger teams aren't as likely to need reserve drivers as the smaller teams.

CAR REGISTRATION

Hendrick Motorsports
#24 2010 DuPont - The_Boyce
#24 2011 Drive to End Hunger - RFLX_Niop
#48 - ACDCROCKS123
#88 - Droptop2001gt

Reserve - JakobNascar88

Joe Gibbs Racing
#11 - MrRedSox2542
#18 - Knelly
#20 Home Depot - Lord Voldemort
#20 Gamestop - golegion6

Reserve - TomMcD

Ford Racing
#43 2010 Insignia - DrifterJoe
#43 2011 Best Buy - homeslice47
#99 - DBUCKEYES

Reserve - Furinkazen
Reserve - Bigno3

Red Bull Racing
#83 2010 blue - Chqr
#83 2011 silver - CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83

Reserve - mustardaddict
Reserve -

Stewart-Ganassi Racing
#14 - Mudd
#42 - Stormtrooper217

Reserve - GTP_akmuq
Reserve - mechyboy27

Edit - Full-time committed drivers will be given priority for pre-registering car numbers for the season.

Edit #2 - Any full-time driver that misses the first three races will be demoted to a reserve driver. The open seat on the team will be filled by a driver chosen by the remaining full-time team members. The new full-time driver must have participated in at least two of the first three points-paying races to be considered for the full time seat.

Just wanted to pass along our list of current drivers, reserves, and make sure everyone notices the latest edit. This is to ensure that any inactive drivers aren't taking up permanent slots that active reserves could be using every week.

Also, remember that reserve drivers could be asked to drive ANY car from week to week, to fill in for any missing full-time driver. We want to make sure that every team has at least two starting drivers in every race so they can accrue points toward the Owner's Championship. So, it would be best if every reserve driver had an extra 500,000 credits just in case they need to drive a car for a different team one week.

Also, if you have not already done so, please send a PSN friend request to me at Droptop2001gt, so you can find our race lobby on race day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back