CHEAP Cockpit Alternatives ONLY

• Thread starter mnarciso
  • 1,923 comments
I have a question: Is there any chance to plug the usb cable in from my wheel into the pc and ps3 at the same time? I'm looking for something like a usb "doubler".. any advices?
Thanks in advance

Hmmm, at first I was going to ask why you had to ask that but on second thought it's not a bad question. Why would you need your wheel hooked up to a PC and playstation at the same time. You would have to be playing the same game on both machines at exactly the same time for it to have any meaning.

I think I have arrived at the final concept of how my DYI wheelstand is going to be like:

Hopefully I will be able to get it done before GT5 releases :scared:.

It's very inspired by the Wheel Stand Pro but with square pipes instead of round since I think they are easier to work with, with the welding and such.

The biggest unknowm IMO is if the joint to adjust the angle of the vertical pipe will be able to hold it tight enough to not move when using the wheel.

Last edited:
Made another cockpit. This time for my Ikea seat which is much more comfortable than my PC chair.

phpe6ncdhpm.jpg

phpf0jaqkpm.jpg

Made another cockpit. This time for my Ikea seat which is much more comfortable than my PC chair.

phpe6ncdhpm.jpg

*snip*
Simple, comfortable and looking good. One word: PureAwesomeness! :P

...but how do you get in and out of the chair? Do you always have to use that black clamp thing?

Simple, comfortable and looking good. One word: PureAwesomeness! :P

...but how do you get in and out of the chair? Do you always have to use that black clamp thing?

The clamps are so I don't ruin the chair by drilling holes in it. You have to pull a Starsky and Hutch maneuver to get in the chair!

Wow.... You would feel like an F1 driver with that kinda seating position. It would make a lot of women happy since when you close it up it just looks like a storage container.

Hey all :)

In preparation for GT5 I bought the Logitech Driving Force GT, and because I don't have the money for a playseat I just decided to use my pc chair and slap together a simple desk to mount the wheel to. Had some wood lying around in the garage so it didn't cost me anything, only some time :sly:

290vrb9.jpg

Works well 👍

More pictures, decided to take the table off.

-snip-

photo4.jpg

Greatest $17 I've ever spent!!! No need for a $150 wheelstand, this is perfect!

I figure this guy isn't around anymore, so I'll ask the population at large. Has anyone ever had a setup like this and found the column in the middle to be in the way? I'm liking this in terms of cost and stability, but I want to be certain about it.

tried it at a friends house. once u get driving it will not hold up a dfgt so i would forget a g25/g27. you would have to attach a board of some sorts to the bottom and placing the pedals on it. this way, you would add stability from the unit being entirely connected and having your feet on the pedals would make it more like a Rennsport or WPS.

I figure this guy isn't around anymore, so I'll ask the population at large. Has anyone ever had a setup like this and found the column in the middle to be in the way? I'm liking this in terms of cost and stability, but I want to be certain about it.

Ive got the same stand, the rail isnt the problem really, u gotta put some weight on the thing to keep it steady. Im still trying to figure out how to mount my wheel too, i might use the tray from the stand to do that - just havnt done it yet

Thanks guys. I got a look at one of those today and was surprised at how light it was. I'll be keeping my eye out for other options.

Latest Posts

Back