Citroën C4 Coupe @ Mt Aso Compact Enduro *mcrc* Sun.@ 4pm EDT/ 9pm BST

doodlemonoply / doodlemonoply / Yellow

This looks like a load of fun! I can't wait :D

@ VBR - the track is shared right now on my account, and it's shared on the VCRC acct. (PSN : VCRC)

@ Johnnypenso : Thanks for reminding me about Wishbone Curve - maybe use that one in the Vintage Showdown at some point.
That's a pretty cool track. And I recall you really liked it.
The last turn of the track is a real challenge, so I wouldn't call it completely simple! :lol:

Going to check out some more tracks I've been notified about tomorrow.
I'm always up for test driving new tracks.
You never know when you're going to find the next Targa Florio 2. :D

Did you try that oval I have on share?

Ok, I'll give it a try, I'll be sending some Friend request.

Color will be Yellow/Black rims,

@ VBR - the track is shared right now on my account, and it's shared on the VCRC acct. (PSN : VCRC)

Thanks, I'll give it a go soon & get back to you.

👍

Can you set this custom track as the default start up track for the VCRC or MCRC Lounge? If so, anyone who is a member could just go into the Lounge and give the track a spin and see if they like it.

I'll fire up my PS3 tomorrow (if I have time :scared:) and decide on a peculiar colour for my C4, download the track and hopefully break in the engine and get some practice! :D

@ Johnnypenso
I WISH you could set the custom track as the lounge track. :grumpy: It doesn't let you! It only lets you choose (that I've seen at least) from the standard list of tracks. :(

I tried your Aso Tri-Oval today... It's pretty smooth.
But I thought it was funny because it's almost identical to Mount Hop Top!! :lol:
mounthoptopadvert01.jpg

(I put it up for share, in case you're curious. ;))

Except yours is without the jump. :lol:
Interestingly enough, I tweaked Mount Hop Top and made Mount Vroom which doesn't have a jump I think. But it's not as nice & smooth as yours.

@ Johnnypenso
I WISH you could set the custom track as the lounge track. :grumpy: It doesn't let you! It only lets you choose (that I've seen at least) from the standard list of tracks. :(

I tried your Aso Tri-Oval today... It's pretty smooth.
But I thought it was funny because it's almost identical to Mount Hop Top!! :lol:
(I put it up for share, in case you're curious. ;))

Except yours is without the jump. :lol:
Interestingly enough, I tweaked Mount Hop Top and made Mount Vroom which doesn't have a jump I think. But it's not as nice & smooth as yours.

Glad you like it...maybe it can make it into a race some day:idea:

Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow but I'm gone for the weekend so I might give yours a spin next week.

Glad you like it...maybe it can make it into a race some day:idea:

What kind of car were you thinking of for it?
I think somewhere you said maybe a muscle car but that can't be right. :lol:
As usual, I think I'm having an early onset senility moment here. ha ha.

I tried it with the C4 and with the Miata TC.
(In "single race"... I won in the c4... but I had trouble getting around the Prowler. :rolleyes: :lol:)
(I had a big crash in the Miata TC on that turn before the downhill roller coaster. It made the AIs so mad that they kept bumping me & psyched me out. :lol: :rolleyes:)

Ok, I'll give it a try, I'll be sending some Friend request.

Color will be Yellow/Black rims,

So did you try the track?? :D
I think you'll be surprised at how much fun.

One suggestion is going under courses, clicking on the track, and then choosing "single race" to test it out. I really like that "single race" it can be hilariously fun.
It's also fun to test tracks in the 1-make race in practice area.
I do a minimum of 3 laps.
But if your car is fully broken in, it'd probably be too easy. So what I usually do is just let all the cars get a head start from the start, and not pass any at all until after the 1st turn.
But it at least gives you an idea of racing the custom track with other cars around.

What kind of car were you thinking of for it?
I think somewhere you said maybe a muscle car but that can't be right. :lol:
As usual, I think I'm having an early onset senility moment here. ha ha.

No you're not senile, I did suggest muscle cars because it's an oval but they don't have enough gearbox except for the 63' Vette but it'll have to be detuned or put on better tires because it's a beast stock on stock tires. The Superbird could work but it also would have to be detuned so it doesn't run on the limiter at the end of the straight. Beyond that, most cars will probably work and something a little slower would be fun as well. You're good at matching cars and tracks so if you consider it at some point in the future, I leave it in your capable hands1:tup:👍

Last edited:
I see a couple of guys allready have my colours.. maybe i should try something different then. Will look a bit weird if half the field is yellow. :P

Anyway, time to sign up!
Phouchg / xNikodemusx / tba

I tried the track, & while I found it interesting to drive on, I wouldn't want to race on it. So I guess I'll just stick to the Low PP Shuffling for now.

Cheers.

I see a couple of guys allready have my colours.. maybe i should try something different then. Will look a bit weird if half the field is yellow. :P

Anyway, time to sign up!
Phouchg / xNikodemusx / tba

Black / Green so it gives Katie something to drool over :sly:. (Or kill because Monster livery on a Citroen oh noes :lol:)

Sorry I had to :P... BUT Liam Doran...

Anyway I haven't tried to see If I want to race this yet but will try today 👍.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose!
And that's why I make these races. Because it's not too common to find them... as it is the many races & race series & clubs featuring sports cars, super cars, Elise, LMPs, touring cars... on the usual race tracks.
Basically, if someone is looking for that there's any number of choices for them. Not as many choices for us who are looking for something like this.

Ok tried it did a best lap of 1:31.8 (With only 181bhp, un run in) but it wasn't as fun as I hoped it would be.. Tbh I didn't enjoy it he wierd uphill S1 is the worst part..

So I think I will decline to do this race.. Sorry

I thought the track was fun, will be interesting to see how it races.. could be hard to pass but i guess people will make mistakes and then you'll be able to pass.. anyway here's my new car!

53w6rp.jpg

As you can see it's "Black" and Mustard Yellow :D

53w6rp.jpg

As you can see it's "Black" and Mustard Yellow :D

Very sharp! 👍
(And clever variation on your theme. :))

No need for anyone to apologize for not wanting to race.
You won't see me in every Rolex sports car thread apologizing. :lol:

Interesting thing is the conversation I had with cc570 when I first test drove this track in the G4. (He & I raced it.)
It's posted in the VCRC Custom Course Directory thread in the club forum:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=2573
:lol:
There was the thread where I made great sport of this track: :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=2588&pp=10&page=3

That's when I came up with the "ads". :lol:

And oddly enough... I started using this track in the Lo PP shuffle rooms to try & weed out the debbie downers!! :lol:
I saw it as a way to chase away the whiners & complainers, and root out the really aggressive & reckless drivers. :sly:
And in the process, it became a most popular track to race on for the core group of my shuffle pals!
ohmy.gif

I was actually a little surprised. But it's grown on me more & more. :)
I had one guy win in a Lancia Stratos & say that it was a fantastic car for this track! :boggled:
I personally would rather NOT get the Stratos on this track. :ill:

But yes, I think turbogeit pointed out that a track like this can really level the playing field with it's punishment when a risk goes awry. :D
I really enjoy racing tracks that reward a more cautious racing. :) And harshly punish excessive risk takers, one of which I happen to not be. :sly: Seems to make it "feel" more "real" somehow. Because after all, the game itself... even with heavy damage... heck, even if there was PERMANENT damage, has nothing really to surely deter recklessness... like the threat of winding up in the hospital or something. :scared: So you gotta make the challenge any way you can. :lol:

The way I seen it driving it in the C4 was, it was ok but it seemed "clunky" in the way the turns were. Just the way they were put together seemed odd and not to my personal liking. I prefer tracks that have a nice flow etc.

For a shuffle muck about sure I'd race it for a laugh but as a serious thing it's not for me..

Have fun though 👍.

Every organised race don't have to be serious. :) It's a lot of fun just doing something this weird and fun in an organised way once in a while :)

I don't know how to be very serious. :guilty:

But yes, I don't think having laughs and organized proper fair racing are mutually exclusive.

And of course, the 1st turn on this track is bound to scare some off. :lol:
chicken_danceBradLee.gif

Every organised race don't have to be serious. :) It's a lot of fun just doing something this weird and fun in an organised way once in a while :)

Bingo!!! Yahtzee!! I enjoy driving custom tracks but it's hard to have what some might call really "serious" races on them because in my opinion, most of them have serious flaws for faster cars on street grade tires. The Eifel circuits are usually too big and with silly corners on the tops of hills. Mt. Aso circuits are too narrow for really fast cars to race cleanly on and often have really sharp grade changes. Fun as heck to race on and drive, great fun for organized races with proper cars suited for the track, but I wouldn't want to be racing for an F1 World Title on one...lol. A saloon car on a Sunday afternoon for sure:tup: 👍

I like the "serious flaws"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eifel circuits are usually too big and with silly corners on the tops of hills

That would be Quant Hill. :scared:
But I love it!!! :D

Actually, cc570 made an Eifel Circuit (Blick Auf Das Schloss) that's rather sensible and nice for a number of road cars. We did a race on it awhile back. It doesn't have much in the way of quirks people get frustrated about in Eifel Circuits.

I'm not sure I'd want to race any race car on a Mt. Aso. :scared:
I think the whole issue with the Mt. Aso is that it's sort of like a regular road. That's the attraction, I should think. Absolutely not the same kind of racing as an LMP or GT300 on Suzuka Circuit. It's just 2 totally different things.

Anyway, I think what Apmaddock said here holds some wisdom. That people are basically used to one type of racing, because well, it's popular, after all... And that it never occurs to a lot of people really to try out all the scenarios gt5 has to offer.

Oh, and I also really like "silly".
ohmy.gif

I don't know how I got this way. :lol:

But I think there's room for silly to serious, and everything in between. :)

Wait till you try my Mt Aso custom track, "Orido's Touge" - a total punishment for suspension tune, with cambered corners, long straight, flowing turns, and a good climb at the end ( not recommended for old low hp cars like Fiat 500 )

Do you have that Orido's Touge shared??? ^^ :D

But no, I likely won't be testing it with a Fiat 500. :crazy: :lol:

Aceboy127 & I tried racing them on my Mount HopTop, and that was a bit strange... :lol:

fiat500mounthoptop01s.jpg

fiat500mounthoptop02s.jpg

fiat500mounthoptop03s.jpg

We DID make it up the hill, but Aceboy127 said he really had no confidence that we would make it up the hill. :lol: It surprised him that we made it!
It was the longest 1-lap race ever!! :lol:

Yeah it is shared, click on my profile on the community tab :), be ready to be stunned, and better bring less than 500 pp car for 1st time. I did some races on it offline, try to use Audi R8 4.2 FSI stock with CS or SH tires, with 16 cars - the AI tend to race very close all the time - it's so crowded and fun.

Edit : Pictures are coming ...

7976835873_7fd48b7986_c_d.jpg

7976805881_c7a4035342_c_d.jpg

For good laugh, bring Fiat 500F'68 to this part of the track, and watch it crawl then rolling backwards if the driver does not plan beforehand the speed, gear changes and lane changes when climbing.
7976845357_57c59612f3_c_d.jpg

7976856601_677988ba6a_c_d.jpg

7976853886_06728ac534_c_d.jpg

7976820285_a1edb108b1_c_d.jpg

7976802638_9aace0eb41_c_d.jpg

7976817425_c3a87cc2d2_c_d.jpg

7976797024_3571675aba_c_d.jpg

7976811614_37753195c9_c_d.jpg

7976814986_2ebd30df84_c_d.jpg

7976826994_394eb113d0_c_d.jpg

7976844542_32191e3a17_c_d.jpg

7976841480_d23c27bb69_c_d.jpg

Sorry if there are too many pictures, I just want to give an idea of how the track is.

Last edited:
Yeah it is shared, click on my profile on the community tab :), be ready to be stunned, and better bring less than 500 pp car for 1st time. I did some races on it offline, try to use Audi R8 4.2 FSI stock with CS or SH tires, with 16 cars - the AI tend to race very close all the time - it's so crowded and fun.

7976841480_d23c27bb69_c_d.jpg

Sorry if there are too many pictures, I just want to give an idea of how the track is.

Looks pretty interesting. I'd give that a shot.

Oh I have an idea now!!! :lol: (about how the track is)

That was pretty fun.

Especially our race in the Panda Super. :D

That last hill turn is a killer... Though perhaps higher, but not as steep as Ji-Feurre's 1st turn.

Definitely not a track for the Z Act. :lol:

Last edited:
Back