Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
@ Theo777 thanks for the good review of my "Pink Panther".đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

The cars lap times suffer most from lack of power as it just doesn't have enough speed to keep up with the muscle cars and higher powered Europeans. Did what I could for the cornering but it does still require a bit more precision on the controls than I would like and low HP means you can't just power on through if you have to brake excessively.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 69 “Cherry Popper” (VTiRoj)
This is a car with a balanced chassis that can be driven quickly around the course. This car has a very great exhaust note at high rpm. The gearing in general is great for speed and acceleration. You have to be extremely careful about the shift timing of 1-2 gear. This drastically alters the acceleration of the car out of the corners.

Yeah, it's something I did to cope with the hairpins and tight corners at Monaco. You can either shift from 1st to 2nd normally for a quick getaway, or short shift to keep the wheelspin back then keep it in 2nd because it'll still pull.

Really impressed with the top 4. Only .2 between them?

One thing, not a salmon, a kitty. :D

And the understeer is, I think, because of the sheer length of the bloody thing. But yea, thanks, and I'll stop making excuses and shut up. :dopey:

:ouch:Oops, Fixed Onboy123's and tris_73's tuna names.

Yeah, those top four times I feel comes down to the driver. Im not the best driver, especially on Cote d'Azur. But those laps came down to finding that extra mph here or there.:scared::sly:

Finished my second runs, and updated/added new times (update is in red) HERE

Any testers that are done send me the car you'd like "Any Premium car under 175,000cr" So I can send it to you. Also PM me with your drivers choice. :cheers::dopey:

Your trade schedule is going to be stuffed with all these cars you're going to be giving out, Krenkme. :P

Also it seems the top 4 is going to be a fight between the 3 Camaroteers and the token Countach. :mischievous:

I sense a Conspiracy here as all the fastest Cars in the Clueless Tunes Classic Car Shootout at CĂ´te D'Azur begin with the letter C!:crazy::lol::lol::lol:

This shootout was brought to you by the letter C.

c_is_for_cookie-3100.jpg

Your trade schedule is going to be stuffed with all these cars you're going to be giving out, Krenkme. :P

Also it seems the top 4 is going to be a fight between the 3 Camaroteers and the token Countach. :mischievous:

I don't mind, just as long as everyone is having fun (and I'll have them out by the end of the year :dopey: )

I sense a Conspiracy here as all the fastest Cars in the Clueless Tunes Classic Car Shootout at CĂ´te D'Azur begin with the letter C!:crazy::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: I never noticed. :lol: :lol:
consf.png

I like cookies :dopey:

Driver Choice Awards
1st
2nd
3rd

Lap Times Incomplete
Best of 10 laps, ABS-1, All other aids off, Grip-Real, Fuel/Tire wear off.

1:42.386 - Rotary Junkie - Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Very quick, quicker than I though it would be. Rear would brake loose easier than the others but still easy enough to control. Set my new PB at Monaco with this.

1:43.162 - praiano63 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Something happened to me on the 7th lap, its like i gained superpowers. All of a sudden I started to really push the car and my skills to the limits and knocked off 2 seconds. This car has amazing front grip at high speed corners, steering response is spot on 10/10 there. The car might be a little too stiff because 3 times I nearly rolled it over on the curbs.

1:43.204 - Jackthalad - Lancia Stratos - To make it fair I took this for another test and disregarded my previous best lap time.
This car really does like to oversteer, I think I overdone it a bit with the rear camber as it does like to slide with the slightest bit of throttle. Turn-in is great though, if you get the front pointed where you want it, a little or sometimes no throttle is needed to fly through the corners.

1:43.298 - Dylans1o - Lamborghini Countach LP400
Very easy car to drive, spun out a few times but that was me just pushing the car too much.

1:43.427 - DigitalBaka - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Tried this straight after the other C3, and this handled much better, the turn-in was better and I was able to post faster times. Perfect balance in my opinion.

1:43.816 - ACSR421 - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible C3
This setup understeered a bit to much for my liking. The rear was maybe planted a bit too much.

1:44.985 - Onboy123 - Mercury Cougar
Took 8 laps to finally achieve what I wanted. I found the car to lack steering response, It felt like it could do with stiffening up a little, I think there was a little too much bodyroll.

1:45.023 - Motor City Hami - BMW 2002 Turbo
Not such an easy ride but I know what this car is like stock and this is a good improvement. It was hard to be consistent and the gears were just a little too short, I was hitting the limiter just before my braking points.

1:45.045 - NightHaunter - Lancia Stratos
Very inconsistent. Understeers at high speed. Front is not responsive. Rear inside tyre spinning. I think you've tried to tune out the oversteer but you have messed up the balance completely.

krenkme - BMW 2002 Turbo
C-ZETA - Lotus Europa Europe
VTiRoj - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ‘69
Theo777 - Plymouth Superbird
XDesperado67 - Alpine A110 1600S
CyKosis1973 - Chevrolet Chevelle SS
tris_73 - Ford Mustang Mach 1
Snake55wildcat - Nissan Fairlady 2000

Last edited:
Driver Choice Awards
1st
2nd
3rd

Lap Times
Incomplete

1:42.901 - Jackthalad - Lancia Stratos
--
1:43.298 - Dylans1o - Lamborghini Countach LP400
Very easy car to drive, spun out a few times but that was me just pushing the car too much.

Does this mean the C conspiracy is untrue then..? :lol:

XDesperado67

My name wins me the Honda Beat. :cool:

The official soft drink of the Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout @ CĂ´te D'Azur!:D
CherryCokeBottle.jpg

I do.

Cherry Popping.......đź‘Ťđź‘Ť:cool:

Cherry Coke..........đź‘Žđź‘Ž:yuck::ill:

I think Cherry Coke lasted all of one production run here before they gave upon selling it.

What this guy said.

That and it's far more fitting. Classic car shootout? Coca-Cola Classic is a must.
I didn't actually realise that. I surprise even myself sometimes. :D
I don't understand your logic...:confused:

VTiRoj - RKM Motorsport
"Cherry Popper" Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ‘69
Different cherries, bro. Come on, you should know this. :P

Different cherries, bro. Come on, you should know this. :P
Was trying to keep it PG and preserve Onboy's innocence.:lol::lol:

Not to mention it was a nice play on words I thought...:odd:

Sorry Onboy's innocence. :guilty:

Must remember not to post until the first coffee of the day. :banghead:

Fruit cherries Onboy, fruit cherries. Very tasty, and in season at this time of year.

Last edited:
Back