Compatible Tablets ?

France
Paris
It's not available in France yet, but i've just clicked this lin to go directly to the Google Play store to have a look at the app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.polyphony.GTCourseMaker

It tells me my Nexus 7 tablet is not compatible! How is that possible? it's pretty modern, powerful, running the latest OS...

Can we make a list of tablets people manage to run it on?
Maybe it's just showing me this message because i'm looking at it from another country.
Any Nexus 7 users got it working?

I don't think anyone's got it working. Says there's only 1-5 downloads on the Play Store page. :lol:

Last edited:
It tells me the same thing if I look at it on my laptop, that my device isn't supported (Galaxy Tab 2), but if I go into it on my tab, it says it's not available in my country lol. Not sure which one I should believe! Either way it's not available. Says on my tab that there's only been 1 download lol.

It tells me the same thing if I look at it on my laptop, that my device isn't supported (Galaxy Tab 2), but if I go into it on my tab, it says it's not available in my country lol. Not sure which one I should believe! Either way it's not available. Says on my tab that there's only been 1 download lol.
Same for me too(Galaxy Tab 4), That 1 download that gave it a 5 star rating must be Lucas Ordoñez:P

There's a small section regarding compatibility of certain devices (or lack thereof) on the gt website:

Unsupported Devices

iOS: The Track Path Editor cannot be used on first generation iPad devices, because they do not support iOS 7.0 or later. Please note that stable performance cannot be guaranteed on iPad 2 devices.

Android™: The Track Path Editor cannot be used on certain devices, even if they have a version 4.1 or later operating system installed.

We thank you for your understanding.

Source: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt6/manual/#!/coursemaker/application01

Unfortunately, there are no details on specific Android models :(

google nexus 10 here. not compatible.
I think there is something wrong at the moment. cant imagine it wount be compatible with a nexus 10..

PD at its best again, I've paid for a complete game that was incomplete and when they, almost 2 years later, add one of the most important features a PS3 and the game I've paid for isn't enough for me to fully play the game.
They finally add what should have been in the game in first place, and we need another device to be able to play with it.
PD is never going to see any of my money again, this is outrageous.
For me GT franchise ended here.

Anybody with a Nvidia Shield tablet here?
With all those Android tablets that are not compatibele, I believe theres something wrong with the coding and a hotfix will be necessary to make the > 4.2 tablets compatibele again. I don't believe this is the idea PD had in mind. 7" or higher must be a normal screensize.

I do like the fact they didnt make the app available for smartphones, that would make tracks are made in a rush and maybe also people are addicted to design tracks, will use the app also in traffic... Not a good idea.. Maybe it would be a good thing when the release an Windows10 app for PC users also.. It's better to make a track with gpx fixing on a PC than a 7" screen :D

This topic is important to me since I'm going to buy a tablet today just for this app. Any updates on a full list of compatible tablets would be appreciated as I don't want to buy something I regret...

Tips:

If the message on the app page is "This items isnt available in your country", then rest assured it will be compatible "very soon"

If the message is" This items isnt compatible with your device", then youre out of luck.

I got the first on Galaxy Note 8.0 and latter on Xiaomi Mi3.

Tips:

If the message on the app page is "This items isnt available in your country", then rest assured it will be compatible "very soon"

If the message is" This items isnt compatible with your device", then youre out of luck.

I got the first on Galaxy Note 8.0 and latter on Xiaomi Mi3.

so you think the app wount be able to run on a nexus 10 tablet?
cant imagine thats the case tbh.

Lenovo A8 A-5500F got the "isn't available in your country" message, and no compatibility issue message.

This means this model is likely compatible to the GT6 track editor.

If I was more active on these forums, I would happily set up a 'Full List of Compatible and Incompatible Devices' thread. However I am not all that active (perhaps I should be more active) so I will not, otherwise it wouldn't get updated very much. It's an idea however if somebody wishes to do so (and I would very much appreciate it)!

I tried with an lg v400 and it says not available in your country... But if I enter the google store from my pc it says no compatible devices...

My post from the how do you fee thread.

Don't know if this will help the friendly programmers here, but the tablet I got to say compatible is the, SM-T330NU, Android version 5.1.1.

My post from the how do you fee thread.

SM-T330NU... I have one of those and it is currently listed as incompatible in my browser. Perhaps it just isn't available yet in Canada. Edit: Can't even find it in the play store app.

Last edited:
When I googled it in the tablet and clicked the link for the play store, it says not available in your country.
For some reason they have not released in the Droid market, that's all it can be.

iPad Mini Retina here, works perfectly. Haven't tried to upload track yet though, as I have handed my PS3 down to my son. :lol:

SM-T330NU... I have one of those and it is currently listed as incompatible in my browser. Perhaps it just isn't available yet in Canada. Edit: Can't even find it in the play store app.
You won't be able to find through the Play store app. The app will not load apps you cannot download, as is the case here. Once it is released on the market, if your device is compatible, you will see it.
Right now you will need to use a browser on a PC to find it. On new phones the browser will send you to the app.

iPad Air 1 with iOS 9. It's possible to download the app and start creating tracks.
However... I can't export them (yet).

(Edit; it's working!)

Last edited:
Give it a go after you reboot everything My transfers didnt work for the first hour, now they are good.

I tried with an lg v400 and it says not available in your country... But if I enter the google store from my pc it says no compatible devices...

that's because google sees all and knows that you are... get this... on a PC.

Back