Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
Totally understand the time frame for the midweek races as people don't want to stay up to late on a week day.

Ooh, definitely liking the look of this weeks combo 👍

Count me in for all three nights Captain, this one looks like it's going to be a massive amount of fun!! I'm thinking BTCC here, hehe :)

Count me in if thats ok .

Anyone and everyone is welcome here friend. Added 👍

Totally understand the time frame for the midweek races as people don't want to stay up to late on a week day.

Just a shame some of us have to work unreasonable hours from time to time :sadface:

Ooh, definitely liking the look of this weeks combo 👍

Count me in for all three nights Captain, this one looks like it's going to be a massive amount of fun!! I'm thinking BTCC here, hehe :)

Glad you like 👍 Tsukuba is going to be busy!!

As for BTCC driving we all know the hazards of heavy damage now i'm sure. As an example, Crispy and I are very experienced with each other on track. We both know that if any damage occurred as a result of us coming together it would be completely unintentional and taken in good humour. If we're on the same piece of tarmac you more than likely will see block passing, squeezing out and the occasional lean. These are absolutely ok IF,. you trust the guys around you completely.

As you all know the general rule is no contact, so I strongly recommend you stick to it if you are in any doubts. Better to be safe than sorry.

WARNING! If I see on the replay that you've used your car as a battering ram, you will be warned, then you will be gone. If I see you using another persons car to slow down or make a turn, you will be warned, and then you will be gone. If I see that you are driving in a generally too aggressive manner, you will be warned, and I'm sure you get the message by now.

Great racing Sunday night gents had some nice battles and good results,did have one little incident though with cpt disaster in the last race,he got a bit loose and I smashed into the rear of him, at the time I thought it was disasters fault but after watching the replay I saw I had loads of time to sort myself out ,there was so much going on around me and it all happened so quick. Sorry cpt disaster.

Hey! No problem D34NO, accidents will happen and thanks for your honesty:tup: More good racing to come i'm sure, and yes, hope to be buzzing around you again Captain and maybe flying past too:)

Just got my Honda

Body = Hawaiian Blue Matallic
Wheels = Sonic Blue Mica

Car Number = 9

The miss picked the colours (looks a bit odd to be honnest), gotta keep her happy tho lol.

Hehe, sounds like an interesting combo 👍 Nice colours though, and it looks better if the grid has a mix of colour splashed across it!

Bought me a fresh one for this event,

Body - Reflex Purple
Wheels - White
Car Number - 74

Last edited:
Can you have some tuning parts, but have them switched off?

Also, are you allowed to adjust (transmission) top speed setting?

Definitely interested; just need clarification; and a GMT table!

What time on the North American West Coast is 8 pm GMT?

You're not allowed to make any adjustments. If you already own the car and have adjusted settings, you'll need to reset them to default.

As for tuning parts, I'm sure there will be no problem with just removing them. There are some tuning parts that obviously can't be undone so you'll have to check them.

If you click on the time on your computer you can display a GMT clock and work out your difference.

More good racing to come i'm sure, and yes, hope to be buzzing around you again Captain and maybe flying past too:)

:lol: Bring your A game buddy, I'm ready for ya ;)

Can you have some tuning parts, but have them switched off?

Also, are you allowed to adjust (transmission) top speed setting?

Definitely interested; just need clarification; and a GMT table!

What time on the North American West Coast is 8 pm GMT?

As Douqa has already kindly responded, I'll just reiterate. No tuning parts allowed. Switched off is fine, but weight reduction, rigidity improvement and stage 'x' tuning are forbidden. If you turn up with anything other than stock you wont be able to race as lobby restrictions will be in place ;) Any kind of settings adjustment for this week is also forbidden.

An easier way of putting it would be buy an Integra, race mod it, put racing hards on it, then come racing 👍 Simples.

I also think 8pm GMT is 12 midday where you are. Double check to be sure though dude. Plenty of websites out there ;)

Oh and Black body colour, white wheels, number 10 :D

Ok so I'll go yellow and yellow on my car.;)
Make that a general rule. Everyone has to try there best to stick out and therefore ruin all photos.:lol:

Isn't that the point of this whole thing? :P

I'll be there (maybe) in my shiny new orange on blue ride. :D

Maybe introduce a 'socks with sandles' award. For the person with the ugliest car in the series.

Guys, you won't be dissapointed with this car!!

As stock, it drives beautifully. Slight understeer obviously with it being front wheel drive, but myself and 'The Captain' had a quick test run around Autumn Ring last night, and in my opinion the car/track combo are perfectly suited to each other, so there should be some great, close racing tonight 👍

We also conducted a thorough damage test :sly:, and can say that after taking quite a few hard hits, there was only some light damage to the front left suspension, which did leave the car prone to lurching to the right a little, but still by no means un-driveable!

Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight 👍

Guys, you won't be dissapointed with this car!!

As stock, it drives beautifully. Slight understeer obviously with it being front wheel drive, but myself and 'The Captain' had a quick test run around Autumn Ring last night, and in my opinion the car/track combo are perfectly suited to each other, so there should be some great, close racing tonight 👍

We also conducted a thorough damage test :sly:, and can say that after taking quite a few hard hits, there was only some light damage to the front left suspension, which did leave the car prone to lurching to the right a little, but still by no means un-driveable!

Looking forward to seeing you guys tonight 👍

wow thanks for the info, i was going to spend abit of time trying to get used to the car, however i think the practice session before start should be enough...

:scared: Light damage!? Look what he did to my car!!!!

AutumnRing_1.jpg

:lol: Fun times!

NB: I absolutely do not condone this sort of behaviour on track tonight. Me and Crispy were having some fun on our own time not others. The cars will take a few knocks here and there but please dont test them.. Clean and fair guys, just like before ;)👍

Still can't figure out 8 p.m. GMT is in Pacific Standard time; I have figured out time difference (I think it is 8 hr difference) so ...

8 p.m. GMT is noon Pacific Standard Time?

I am at work on Wednesday and Friday so....

See you on the Sunday?

May need a North American 'concours' to resolve time difference issues?

sorry guys it kept kicking me out, very strange its never done that before, and the weird thing ive just played some races on some other lobbys and it seemed fine.

Hopefully it was a 1 off and it will be fine for next race lol

hope you lot enjoyed it, take some photos to show me.... lol

I didn't read the time properly and thought it was a 9pm start. Me and my stupid brain.

Hope you guys had fun, I'll catch you in the next one.

Here's that link for you Roh: Credit/XP

I find blu-tac works best on the sticks and the enter button.

sorry guys it kept kicking me out, very strange its never done that before, and the weird thing ive just played some races on some other lobbys and it seemed fine.

I had a similar thing before the race! I got lagged rammed on the first lap, it all settled down, managed to 1 stop, caught wil, then nitrovious, had a good battle with him but my fresher tyres allowed me to keep 4th. Only got lapped once this time!

Last edited:
Good racing tonight guys .
Had a good battle with Dhandes for about 6 laps , my poor tires were screaming , had to pit for fresh rubber .
See you guys Friday . :)

Also l'm not bothered by typos ( there was a guy here used to call me nitroVIRUS )

Last edited:
Still can't figure out 8 p.m. GMT is in Pacific Standard time; I have figured out time difference (I think it is 8 hr difference) so ...

8 p.m. GMT is noon Pacific Standard Time?

I am at work on Wednesday and Friday so....

See you on the Sunday?

May need a North American 'concours' to resolve time difference issues?

9pm GMT is 1pm Pacific time. 👍

I remember when we were at Madrid and we were having our awesome 5 lap battle! At the end of the flat out down hill you suddenly lagged right into my face!!! I cacked my pants! :lol: I slammed on the brakes and thankfully I didnt seem to hit you. Its weird because for the rest of that whole 5 laps everything seemed fine.

For those guys experiencing connection difficulties, first of all, I seriously hope you're using a cable instead of trying to play wireless. Second make sure there's no other traffic your end. People on computers, downloading or whatever. Third, it wont hurt to clear the GT5 cache in Network Options before joining the lobby. Take every precaution and hopefully the racing will be as good as it can be 👍

As for pictures paginas, I've only made the one so far ;) :

: Week Two, Integra Race Mod, Race One :

Untitled-1-3.png

I'll post a few more once I review the replay properly. To be fair it was a lonely race for me. I'll bet dhandes and nitroVIRUS have some better shots :lol:

( there was a guy here used to call me nitroVIRUS )

:lol: Love it

Umm the only time I saw people was when being lapped . How come you were all so fast I see you are all manual drivers but I didn't think that would make the cars that much faster . ::):

Umm the only time I saw people was when being lapped . How come you were all so fast I see you are all manual drivers but I didn't think that would make the cars that much faster . ::):

You'd be surprised mate. Especially in the tricky right-left-left-right sector. Holding 3rd all the way through helps to maintain balance. I always drop to third for the final down hill right hander too.

As far as speed is concerned there isnt much difference between auto and manual... However it can differ massively in control!! Which in turn gives you speed ;)

Try it mate, get used to it. You wont go back 👍

Last edited:
Back