Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
1 more question how many of you last night were usings wheel and pedals ? I was on the ds3 .

I have a logitech g25 and wheelstandpro. As (name removed to prevent ridicule) says, it helps with the control and also you can brake a lot later, which also helps.

Right that settles that then . I need a wheel .

They do make you hell of a lot quicker. But far more importantly, much more fun. When your researching what wheel to get, don't forget how you will mount it. An ironing board ain't no good!

Right a logitec driving force gt any good ? As just ordered . No idea yet on where to mount .....

Designed in conjunction with pd, so its well supported. I've got a wheelstandpro,which folds up neatly, but there are others. You can also get a full on racing seat if space isn't an issue.
Or if you good at making things, do a custom set up. There is loads in the steering wheel and cockpit section of this site.
On topic, looking forward to tomorrows race, have my new colour scheme already done.

:dunce::crazy::ouch::guilty::ill:

Misread again, Thought the next race was tonight. 2 nights in a row I've been looking forward to racing and 2 nights in a row I've been disappointed.

I can't do tomorrow night so I'll see you guys on Sunday 👍

Anyone online tonight?

More of a wooden spoon colour!

Hey!!! :lol:

:dunce::crazy::ouch::guilty::ill:

Misread again, Thought the next race was tonight. 2 nights in a row I've been looking forward to racing and 2 nights in a row I've been disappointed.

I can't do tomorrow night so I'll see you guys on Sunday 👍

Anyone online tonight?

:lol: Unlucky mate. I have a feeling Indy is going to be the best one too!

I'll be online tonight for sure. I rekon a few others might be too 👍

Err too :D

Some pictures of Wednesday race.

First corner, all cleanly through!

AutumnRing.jpg

Me getting lagged rammed. Captain roh, was innocent, he was half way round the corner at the same time the lag version was ramming me!

AutumnRing_1.jpg

Race mod and racing hards offering plenty of grip!

AutumnRing_2.jpg

dhandes and wil9731 battling on the last corner.

AutumnRing_3.jpg

Roads, where we're going, we dont need roads!

AutumnRing_4.jpg

Pressuring nitrovious wide.

AutumnRing_5.jpg

Really getting close.

AutumnRing_6.jpg

And through. Quite clearly a Honda Integra wide space left as well!

AutumnRing_7.jpg

Some pictures of Wednesday race.

Excellent photos mate thanks for sharing. The one of the 'lag ram' is pretty funny cause I was never even on that piece of tarmac! :lol: Never the less I'm sorry dude. I know I had nothing to do with it but still I kinda feel bad. Its funny too 'cause when you PM'd me on PSN I was just saving my shots to XMB to resize and upload. Freaky how we took some similar photos! :scared:

Here's the photos I took anyway. I'm glad you took a sequence overtaking nitro... because he's about to get you back :lol: :

First up is the pic I took in testing which ended up being the event banner:

test.png

And here's the Integra all fired up after a posh respray:

me.png

This is Captain Disaster pushing VERY hard:

capn.png

And this is Crispy almost running over his wheel man trying to get back on track :lol: :

cripsy.png

This is me blazing the high beams pulling up to lap Nitro and Dhande:

lap.png

I made it through just before the uphill left hander, where Nitro saw an oppertunity:

opertune.png

And took Dhande around the outside! :

nitrojobdone.png

Great battle guys 👍

And this one, is probably the reason you thought you were so slow WIL! Spot the err... dileberate mistake? :

wil.png

Unlucky fella 👍

As for you the rest of you guys. Please dont be shy! Looking forward to some more great shots from Indy tomorrow. Just keep the width to a maximum of 600 pixels please. I think you'll agree it keeps the thread looking nice and tidy :D

Are we saying I had the wrong tyres ?

Possibly.:)

I also noticed on the replay, you were carrying serious damage, that wouldnt help either.

But my photo of my pitstop, shows treaded tyres, but I had racing hards definitely fitted.

Last edited:
Are we saying I had the wrong tyres ?
my photo of my pitstop, shows treaded tyres, but I had racing hards definitely fitted.

You definately did WIL. The reason I was prompted to take the photo in the first place is because when you watch the replay, your tyres are labelled on the HUD. When I switched to your car... Sports Soft is what it sayeth.

Still worth buying the DFGT though :lol:

DFGT is definitely worth it. It has the dial as well which I found handy last week turning abs off and seeing how long I can make skidmarks. Remember that anyone? I had one about 200 feet on the way into turn 1 :lol:

Fantastic piccies there guys 👍

I'll get to work on some of my own once this week races are done and post up a little compilation of the best bits!

Hope we get a larger grid tonight, as four of us had quite a few test races last night, and the win is anybody's as the cars run a lot closer together than Autumn Ring and it's easy to go from first, to last, and back to first again several times in the space of a lap!!

Seriously, it doesn't get much better than this. Not sure how you're going to beat this weeks combo Captain 👍

Stock suspension settings

May we adjust top speed (transmission) setting?

Day off Friday 👍 so will try and make the race (noon my time :))

Stock suspension settings

May we adjust top speed (transmission) setting?

Day off Friday 👍 so will try and make the race (noon my time :))

Dude.. I dont want to seem like an ass but I explained perfectly clear in response to your last post. No tuning! Period. Everybody drives stock or pre set settings here. The point of the whole thread is everyone races the exact same car. Down to the letter!

Buy Integra, RM Integra, put on racing hard. Thats it.

Now stop making me repeat myself and go get some practice :P

Oh yeah while I'm here,.. I know we're all here for some fun friendly racing, but it isnt just a piss about! Akmuq, you nearly totalled my car at Madrid! Experiment with ABS when you're on your own ok? Its fun to make skid marks, but Captain Rohs mangled 458 on the end of them does not a happy bunny make. Be a bit more courteous next time out please 👍

Oh yeah while I'm here,.. I know we're all here for some fun friendly racing, but it isnt just a piss about! Akmuq, you nearly totalled my car at Madrid! Experiment with ABS when you're on your own ok? Its fun to make skid marks, but Captain Rohs mangled 458 on the end of them does not a happy bunny make. Be a bit more courteous next time out please 👍

Can I join this club?

Seriously, it doesn't get much better than this. Not sure how you're going to beat this weeks combo Captain 👍

+1 to that! Was excellent fun last night, I'd even go as far as to say the best racing I've had on GT5 yet. 👍

I may of wangled my way out of life(:lol:) tonight. I'll know by about race time so I may be on anyway, but might have to drop out before the race(hopefully not).

BTW, I've done an oil change on my car. Does that mean I have to buy a 4th RM'd DC5?

+1 to that! Was excellent fun last night, I'd even go as far as to say the best racing I've had on GT5 yet. 👍

I may of wangled my way out of life(:lol:) tonight. I'll know by about race time so I may be on anyway, but might have to drop out before the race(hopefully not).

BTW, I've done an oil change on my car. Does that mean I have to buy a 4th RM'd DC5?

Excellent news 👍 And no dude, each car has an upper bhp limit when stock. RM Integra is 245. The lobby will be restricted to just that ;)

Excellent, glad to hear that DOUQA, I'm with you when you say best racing on GT5 yet! It's going to be hard to top this 👍

I did an oil change earlier, and am now at 245bhp. Hopefully it won't go over that :scared:

Excellent, glad to hear that DOUQA, I'm with you when you say best racing on GT5 yet! It's going to be hard to top this 👍

I did an oil change earlier, and am now at 245bhp. Hopefully it won't go over that :scared:

It'll actually go to 246, but it's still only 245 in reality. Don't go buying a fresh one if you go over by one shire power! :lol:

Now we really are going to struggle to top that combo.

That race was 🤬 awesome. From lap 1 to lap 30 it was clean and very close. I just watched the replay and have to say respect to everyone there. Considerate driving from all, thats racing, the GTP way. 👍

Im going to create a highlight video for sure. Its a shame you cant select other cars in the replay though, but I mingle with just about everyone at one time or another. My battle with Crispy at the end could command a video of its own. 13 laps of non stop, wheel to wheel/bumper to bumper action. Its amazing when watching the replay how in synch our inputs were Crispy. Braking, shifting and throttle on are in unison for so much of it. Thanks again man. 👍

i think i was the only 1 to crash, which was into "captian", it was coming into turn 1 i was on the very inside with about 2 or maybe 3 cars in a row, i looked behind me (stupid idea) then next second i shouted **** (got moaned at by the miss lol) and it was too late, and i think i made it worse by wacking on the hand break (thought i got power slide round lol).

Sorry for ruining your race captain, would of be great race if i didnt make that mistake, hopefully next race i wont do anything stupid lol

Last night's race was awesome. The battle between DOUQA and Crispy was absolutely epic. I have never watched a battle so close, so fast and so clean. Well done to both of you guys. I have no idea how you kept so cool and collected. The winning margin was 0.117 sec after 30 laps of extreme one on one battle. Need i say more!! A highlight video of the last 15 laps can easily be used as a mandatory script of what online racing can and should be :cheers:

Do you guys have room for one more to race this Sunday? Sounds like a fun series with same car and same tuning. If so my psn is mchid81.

Back