Concours Club [Single Make Same Tune Racing]

• Thread starter Captain Roh
  • 1,808 comments
My wireless connection is now resigned to history. Hopefully 15m of cat 6 Ethernet cable should prevent Mr lag from getting me! See you all tomorrow!

Great race again last night gents well done 👍 Cheers to everyone who came, it was awesome!!

: Week Two, Integra Race Mod, Race Two :

result4.png

Took a LOT of photos this week :lol: This is the race from my perspective:

Turn one and everyone got through cleanly

RoadCourse-Indy_36.png

Turn two and everyone is jostling for position, still clean and a great start

RoadCourse-Indy_35.png

Racing remains clean and close. Positions swap almost every corner!

RoadCourse-Indy_34.png

Lap 2 and Crispy had already started to build a bit of a gap. The squabaling pack behind desperate to catch up

RoadCourse-Indy_33.png

Anywhere you wanted to you could pause the race and take photos of clean close racing. It was brilliant fun!

RoadCourse-Indy_32.png

RoadCourse-Indy_31.png

On lap 4 I managed to pull a little distance from the pack and close the gap to crispy

RoadCourse-Indy_30.png

Not too far though ;) the pack still had my slipstream covered and the next lap made for more intense action. At the end of lap 5 however, the first mistake rose its ugly head, and I was the victim... CRUNCH!!!

RoadCourse-Indy_29.png

RoadCourse-Indy_28.png

I had to finish out the lap with the right side of my car lit up like a christmas tree. The impact was hard and by the looks of it, something exploded! Probably paganis' tyre :lol:

RoadCourse-Indy_27.png

Inevitably I had to make a pit stop.

RoadCourse-Indy_26.png

Putting me to the back of the field with everything to do, I was enjoying making my way back up through the grid. Heres me putting one around the outside of WIL at turn one

RoadCourse-Indy_25.png

I overtook Nitro in the final corner of the lap, however he slipstreamed me and tried to stick one up the inside of turn one. Cue classic switchback manaeuver to take back the postion

RoadCourse-Indy_24.png

Meanwhile up front the battle was still raging on. Captain Disaster was the first to blink and made his pit stop.

RoadCourse-Indy_23.png

I had some clean air and was concentrating on putting in consitant laps. Crispy and Douqa were still running but I had managed to leap frog Captain D. Just making it into the first corner before him.

RoadCourse-Indy_22.png

We were close

RoadCourse-Indy_21.png

And lap after lap we battled

RoadCourse-Indy_20.png

In the midst of our action the leaders made their stops too. I was suprised but myself and Captain D had leapfrogged Douqa who joined behind us

RoadCourse-Indy_19.png

Even Crispy was in striking distance!

RoadCourse-Indy_18.png

I tried to mix it with the lead pack for as long as I could. But my tyres were dropping off fast and I had to make my second pit stop

RoadCourse-Indy_17.png

I was resigned to racing by myself again, putting in fast laps and watching the splits. All while the lead pack carried on having all the fun

RoadCourse-Indy_15.png

Had a few frustrating moments with backmarkers. But I enjoy giving them the high beams :lol:

RoadCourse-Indy_8.png

When I eventually found a bit of space I was back on it

RoadCourse-Indy_16.png

This time around I managed to break an even bigger gap between myself and Captain D who rejoined from his second stop behind me on lap 22. I wanted that 3rd place! It was at this point I decided I wasnt going to stop again. Whatever grip I had left was going to last me to the finish. But Captain D had fresh rubber and other plans. All I could do is drive my best and watch and wait for him to pull up in my rearview. On lap 26 he was getting close, and I had just started to pull up to some backmarkers.

RoadCourse-Indy_14.png

At the start of lap 27 Captiain D got the slipstream on me and passed into turn one. with four laps to go I was determined to hang on to the back and go for that third position

RoadCourse-Indy_13.png

It was in the exact same instant that Nitro decided to try and un-lap himself and I had a sudden wave of de ja vu

RoadCourse-Indy_12.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!! :lol: Resigned to the grass with a banged up car, I watched Captain D pull off into the distance with my podium

RoadCourse-Indy_11.png

I crossed the red bricks in fourth

RoadCourse-Indy_9.png

What an eventful race! Not one to forget in a hurry. Seems everyone who came out enjoyed it. Douqa and Crispy obviously had a whale of a time. And incase you were wondering, after 30 laps of intense racing, this is all that seperated them

RoadCourse-Indy_10.png

Excellent excellent racing chaps. And if you werent on the grid and a member of the concours club... what on earth are you waiting for!!! :P

Do you guys have room for one more to race this Sunday? Sounds like a fun series with same car and same tuning. If so my psn is mchid81.

Of course mate. If everyone new and old turns up you may have to spill over into a second lobby. Not a problem though everyone is welcome here 👍 I'll add you as soon as possible.

My wireless connection is now resigned to history. Hopefully 15m of cat 6 Ethernet cable should prevent Mr lag from getting me! See you all tomorrow!

Excellent news mate.. See you out there 👍

wow great photos, it would of been an epic race if didnt make that silly mistake (sorry again) and yes it did look like my tyre exploded on you lol

looking forward to tomorrows race

Hi Captain,

I just registered on GTPlanet so I could ask for an invite from you guy's. This is the kind of online racing that I am looking to participate in. My PSN id is sparky69.

I've been playing since GT1 and I was starting to get old then, so you could say that I am a mature racer age wise. In regards to skill I am just average and usually finish close to last most of the time. It would be nice to race with others that are being serious and still having fun at the same time.

I would love to get in on Sundays race so I hope to here from you. I'll be playing tonight also.

Thanks Jason

Fantastic pictures from an amazing race Captain. Well done to Douqa and Crispy for showing us how it's done. Looks like you had a nightmare mate, your bad luck was probably my good fortune! Roll on Sunday.

Excellent photos and race recap 👍 from one of the front runner's perspective :lol

I still have to take my photos.

I had a blast; glad I wasn't involved in any real incident except for some close racing with paginas and the Finn 👍

I had a few offs too many :dopey:

I :dunce: mistakenly changed my shifter from sequential to H - pattern at the end and lost 1, possibly 2 positions :dopey:

But I finished relatively dent free and within the time limit :)

Enjoyed the mini races after too 👍

See you Sunday I hope :)

I'll post some vid of the race on youtube when I have some minutes to spare :crazy:

Here's my vid. Its just a bunch of short clips of some action, there is so much to choose from. I wish I could put up the whole lot.

Hi guys , I would love to get in on the action . Douqas video sold me , cant get that in A-Spec :D

Im mature-ish 27yo and ive been playing since GT1 . If you need another backmarker im your man.

I've read the OLR its basically the F1 rules.

Here's my vid. Its just a bunch of short clips of some action, there is so much to choose from. I wish I could put up the whole lot.

Excellent 👍

And I'm in the vid at the beginning :)

How did you upload the actual video, rather than just videoing the video (as I will do)?

Cool look in the pits too 👍

See on the track today!

Gah, I hate that I'm in the States and had to miss that race. :grumpy: I oughta be there today though. 👍

So what times are people running at Tsukuba? My best after 20 laps is 1:00.454, and I still have 5-6 HP before the car is fully broken in.

Hi Captain,

I just registered on GTPlanet so I could ask for an invite from you guy's. This is the kind of online racing that I am looking to participate in. My PSN id is sparky69.

I've been playing since GT1 and I was starting to get old then, so you could say that I am a mature racer age wise. In regards to skill I am just average and usually finish close to last most of the time. It would be nice to race with others that are being serious and still having fun at the same time.

I would love to get in on Sundays race so I hope to here from you. I'll be playing tonight also.

Thanks Jason

Hi guys , I would love to get in on the action . Douqas video sold me , cant get that in A-Spec :D

Im mature-ish 27yo and ive been playing since GT1 . If you need another backmarker im your man.

I've read the OLR its basically the F1 rules.

I'm in today if you have a slot open.

Hi guys.. Just on my way home but thought I'd let you know I'll be adding you tonight. I'll be on around 9.05 so dont worry if you arent added before then. Lobby will open roughly 9.10-9.15 👍

Just a quick question to everyone guys... I did some testing with a few lads at Tsukuba the other night and we ran the extra chicane after turn 5. I thought it added to the racing so I wondered how many of you would be up for driving it tonight. I know if anyone has practiced they would of done it on the normal track, so it might be too late to change. Its not a massive departure though so have a quick few laps and let me know what you think :)

Catch you later race fans!

edit:

Captain, are we running the extra chicane in tonights race? 👍

:lol:

II'm definitaly up for it. Place your vote in the thread if you want to run it 👍

My vote is no on the extra chicane. I've never bothered to use it, and I'm shaky at best at Tsukuba on the normal layout. It's not a huge problem though, whatever everyone else wants.

I'm happy either way, but I'll put in a vote for the use of the chicane mate 👍

It does slow the run into the hairpin a little, but could also provide another overtaking opportunity, though you'd have to be very careful to pull it off...use of side views would be a must :)

Im fine with the chicane too , its a break from the norm. I havent ran that version in a long while .

Also what are the major differences in Grip set to 'real' rather than low ?

I haven't driven the proposed chicane, but will follow the cars ahead :)

Going trackside now for practice

Hi guys.. Just on my way home but thought I'd let you know I'll be adding you tonight. I'll be on around 9.05 so dont worry if you arent added before then. Lobby will open roughly 9.10-9.15 👍

Just a quick question to everyone guys... I did some testing with a few lads at Tsukuba the other night and we ran the extra chicane after turn 5. I thought it added to the racing so I wondered how many of you would be up for driving it tonight. I know if anyone has practiced they would of done it on the normal track, so it might be too late to change. Its not a massive departure though so have a quick few laps and let me know what you think :)

Catch you later race fans!

edit:

:lol:

I'm definitaly up for it. Place your vote in the thread if you want to run it 👍

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it. There is a really good chance that I'll finish last, but it should be fun. See you after the SuperBowl.

Jason

Thanks for the invite Captain. It was a very enjoyable and respectfully driven race . Thanks to everyone for that .

To the person that though I took them out , im pretty certain I didnt after checking the replay . You where a good 2-3 places ahead of me most of the race. It may have been another green car theres a few :D Mine has green wheels btw

Apologies if I messed anyone up , I tried to avoid contact as best I could.

Fun night. Sorry mchid I messed up your race with the tiniest touch but on the worst part of the track.:banghead:
That guy who quit (the one in last)was not driving well at all. I was coming up to lap him and he purposely smashed into me.

Back