Congress 2010 Thread

• Thread starter Omnis
  • 303 comments
The Southern Avenger points out the differences between what people like Sarah Palin mean to the tea party movement versus what people like Rand Paul. And like me, he is apprehensive about Palin. Personally, I think Palin and Beck are in the same camp, using the tea party movement for their own benefit.

Hear, hear!
The Teaparty seems on the verge of taking off as a viable 3rd party in it's own right. Is this the sea change in the corruption encrusted two party system that we've all been waiting for? They seem to be targeting Republicans as much as Democrats for ouster in the next election. Astonishing, if true.

Oops.

Looks like the Romney clone fooled Massachusetts.

I am not sure why anyone is caught off guard by that. He has always said he is in favor of something, but not this. The accusation against him in the election was that if he stopped this plan then nothing will be done for another 15 years.

He is not ideal for what I like, but the message sent by his election to Democrats is enough to make them all slow down. With luck he will make everyone want a fresh start and the 2010 elections will occur before anything can pass.

Rand Paul makes, in my opinion, a reasonable request and Grayson's campaign called him absurd.

The request: As Secretary of State, Grayson oversees elections in Kentucky. Dr. Paul has requested he allow someone bipartisan oversee it.

http://www.kentucky.com/471/story/1104889.html

Paul doesn't want GOP opponent to oversee election
By ROGER ALFORD - Associated Press Writer

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Republican Rand Paul doesn't want his chief opponent in Kentucky's U.S. Senate race to oversee the vote count in the May primary election.

Paul, son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas, is running against the man who oversees elections in Kentucky, Secretary of State Trey Grayson. In a letter sent to Grayson's Capitol office earlier this week, Paul asked Grayson to recuse himself from overseeing the Senate election.

"I really feel like if you're in the election, you shouldn't count the votes," Paul told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "I think he shouldn't have access to any computers counting or tabulating the votes."

Grayson spokesman Les Fugate called the request absurd. Fugate said Grayson won't recuse himself.

"It is an insult to the judgment of Kentuckians that Mr. Paul suggest Secretary Grayson stop doing the job that they elected him to do," Fugate said. "Secretary Grayson is a national leader in elections reform who has received broad, bipartisan support for his commonsense ideas that make our elections more secure, more accessible, and more honest. This political request is absurd and blatantly self-serving."

It's an issue that crops up from time to time in 39 states where secretaries of state oversee elections, said Kay Stimson, spokeswoman for the National Association of Secretaries of State in Washington.

Under Kentucky law, Grayson, as secretary of state, also serves as chairman of the Kentucky Board of Elections.

"Because of this, it is clear that a conflict exists between your role as secretary of state and your role as candidate for office in this election," Paul said in the letter dated Jan. 15 and obtained by the AP.

In the letter, Paul called for Grayson to "immediately step aside as the supervisor of this election and allow the appointment of a nonpartisan civil servant to handle this important task."

The campaigns exchanged heated words over the issue.

Grayson campaign manager Nate Hodson called Paul's charge desperate.

"It sounds ridiculous - like another cheap political stunt from a desperate candidate whose campaign continues to fall apart," Hodson said.

Paul campaign manager David Adams accused the Grayson campaign of orchestrating a protest outside the secretary of state's office the day Paul filed his candidacy papers.

"Given the dirty tricks that we've seen so far, we're understandably concerned about having them count the votes in May," Adams said. "I don't think this is the end of this."

I like how Grayson's campaign manager accused Paul's campaign of falling apart. Last I checked Paul was up by 19 points.

Out of curiosity, anyone outside of Kentucky planning to attend the Rally for Republicans in Louisville on January 30th with Ron and Rand Paul?

The Southern Avenger points out the differences between what people like Sarah Palin mean to the tea party movement versus what people like Rand Paul. And like me, he is apprehensive about Palin. Personally, I think Palin and Beck are in the same camp, using the tea party movement for their own benefit.

Yeah. We didn't see that coming, did we? The thoughtful Tea Partier people are going to be drowned out, and there goes your movement. It reminds me of the People's Party movement of the early 20th Century. It won't end well, for either side of this "group."

The one thing I've always found strange about this situation is how much Progressives love the (former) heads of the Tea Party movement. Specifically the Pauls, and so on. Its nice that one view can acknowledge that of another, and not scream at the top of their lungs when having a discussion. Hell, they even worked together with the Audit the Fed bill. Crazy.

Sorry for the double post/bump, but I'm personally not comfortable with this:

Sarah Palin Endorses Rand Paul for Kentucky Senate
Huffington Post
Sarah Palin injected herself into another 2010 campaign Monday, with her endorsement of Rand Paul, son Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.), who is running for a U.S. Senate seat in Kentucky.

"Governor Palin is providing tremendous leadership as the Tea Party movement and constitutional conservatives strive to take our country back," Rand Paul said in a statement. "Sarah Palin is a giant in American politics. I am proud to receive her support."

Paul also acknowledged that he "has received a generous donation from Governor Palin's PAC."

Palin joins a growing list of Rand Paul endorsers, which includes Concerned Women for America, Gun Owners of America, Steve Forbes and RedState.com. Paul has also established himself as a darling of the Tea Party Movement and conservative groups such as Dick Armey's Freedom Works.

One recent poll shows Paul with a sizable lead over his Republican primary opponent, Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think. From what I can see, its either Palin attempting to grab some media attention by jumping on one of the most legitimate conservative candidates in the country, or is Paul taking the money and support to create an even larger buffer against Grayson with the less-educated "Conservative" voter base. Or both.

I'm interested to hear what you guys think. From what I can see, its either Palin attempting to grab some media attention by jumping on one of the most legitimate conservative candidates in the country, or is Paul taking the money and support to create an even larger buffer against Grayson with the less-educated "Conservative" voter base. Or both.
Why does either of those two scenarios make you uncomfortable? All I hear when I read your post aloud is "...most legitimate conservative candidate(s) in the country..." and "...even larger buffer against Grayson..." Both of those sound great to me. That's probably what all Rand supporters hear. The word "Palin" makes them giggle.

Woah.

Politics makes strange bedfellows. Who wouldn't want to spend a little time with Sarah?:D

It is Palin trying to tie herself to the legitimate tea party people. After the National Tea Party conference has had its little breakdown over her speaking fees and ticket costs she needed to grab on to a tea party person not involved in the dispute. Of course, the only group that left was the ones that had tea party events before Glenn Beck sponsored them in 2009, the Pauls.

On the flipside, I have twice been to Rand Paul events (missed the Rally for the Republicans due to snow) and the kind of people that think Palin and Beck are great public figures show up. If Dr. Paul rejected Palin's support it would start a firestorm and he would lose half of his votes. By accepting it he is less likely to have issues than she is. Palin fans are not likely to believe that Gitmo detainees shouldn't be treated as POWs (mainly because they don't understand there is no official war) or that without a declaration of war we shouldn't be in Iraq and Afghanistan. If Palin runs for office later she will have to explain her support for Dr. Paul much more than Dr. Paul has to explain receiving her support.

The fact is that a true liberty candidate will bring out all the crazies, because they won't make laws against them just because they are crazy. At The Rally for the Republicans the stage was shared by a local anti-gay pastor (I wish Dr. Paul would stay away from these types) as well as a musician that features nude images (Suicide Girls to be exact) in her music videos. A campaign based on liberty will be filled with every extreme, because only a liberty campaign can accept them all.

At the same time, my biggest issue with Rand Paul's campaign has been that he allows himself to be paired up with these extreme views. Most recently I have seen the drug legalization issue being raised. He is being attacked for thinking that legalized drugs would be a good thing, and then accused of being a user and people commenting on how he probably writes tons of medical marijuana prescriptions for glaucoma patients. He needs to work on the accepting without condemning or condoning message.

That's probably what all Rand supporters hear. The word "Palin" makes them giggle.
No, I have seen a lot of comments regarding disappointment from some supporters. My stance is that as long as he isn't saying he agrees with Palin 100% he is still fine for me.

No, I have seen a lot of comments regarding disappointment from some supporters. My stance is that as long as he isn't saying he agrees with Palin 100% he is still fine for me.
Yeah, I don't see any reason he needs to say he agrees with her. Shouldn't she be the one agreeing with him? She's the one that offered support, and he's the one running for office.

Yeah, I don't see any reason he needs to say he agrees with her. Shouldn't she be the one agreeing with him? She's the one that offered support, and he's the one running for office.
But those turned off by Palin can see this endorsement and back off. Same as those who hear Tea Party and think of the mutant thing that Glenn Beck has helped create.

There is a tricky game here that must be played cautiously because the neo-cons have been effective at co-opting the Tea Party name. Rand Paul needs to associate himself with the tea party movement without being seen like the guy that started TeaParty.org.

Why does either of those two scenarios make you uncomfortable?

See FoolKillers post, it explains most of what I would think. I would hope that if Rand is willing to take her money and her support that he is equally willing to criticize her and her opinions when she is flat-out wrong. If not, I lose a lot of respect for him. Occasionally my election study senses get in the way of things.

Well, if anyone had any doubts that the Tea Party movement is being co-opted by the mainstream Republicans check this out: Ron Paul is being challenged in the primaries by multiple supposedly "Tea Party" candidates.

And between this and Sarah Palin being the speaker at that convention, I think I am completely pulling away from any Tea Party associations until the dust settles.

But there does seem to be an effort to "Take Back the Tea Party."
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/124417

Yeah, I always hated the "angry white mob" Tea Parties. Seems like their message was just, "I'm pissed off. Appease me." They were like a Solid Fro style outgrowth of the original thing. Calling themselves tea party-ers doesn't even make sense because they weren't the ones rallying on the anniversary, nor did they send their message like the original tea party organizers.

Yeah, I always hated the "angry white mob" Tea Parties. Seems like their message was just, "I'm pissed off. Appease me." They were like a Solid Fro style outgrowth of the original thing. Calling themselves tea party-ers doesn't even make sense because they weren't the ones rallying on the anniversary, nor did they send their message like the original tea party organizers.
They are just the MoveOn of the Republican party.

Personally, I think that Ron Paul style supporters should stick with Liberty Campaign and the C4L message.

I should go to the next local Tea Party event and hold signs up with messages about ending the war, legalizing gay marriage (or ending state recognized preferential marriage treatment altogether), legalizing drugs, legalizing prostitution, abolish public schools, ending The Fed, and so on.

I should go to the next local Tea Party event and hold signs up with messages about ending the war, legalizing gay marriage (or ending state recognized preferential marriage treatment altogether), legalizing drugs, legalizing prostitution, abolish public schools, ending The Fed, and so on.

That's a Rasta's dream...especially if referring to weed. :lol:

There is an APP for that.

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were doing a big panel discussion about the Tea Party. I was absolutely furious while listening to it, enough to actually make me get out of bed and e-mail the show. What had been an entirely legitimate, rational, and otherwise realistic way of opposing current policies put forth by the Democrats and Republicans has become a corporate-funded, GOP adopted echo chamber filled with absolute nonsense. The old-school Conservatives there just didn't understand it. I fully understand that the GOP wants to lock up as many votes as they can from the (second) Tea Party movement, but if they don't watch it, its going to turn around and bite them in the ass the same way it did with Perot and Nader.

In some local news...

Vernon Ehlers (R-MI 3rd) Will Announce His Future Tomorrow

I'm guessing that Vernon is stepping down. The man is 76 years old, and apparently his wife has fallen ill again. Generally speaking, I really like the guy despite disagreeing with him on a few positions, so he will be missed. Problem is, Justin Amash is apparently gunning for his seat already. He is my state congressman, and I think he is a massive tool. My hope of all hopes is that Mayor Heartwell (of Grand Rapids) will run for the seat. He is very well-liked by Republicans and Democrats alike, and would suit the district very well if he was to serve in congress. But, there are two things that scare me. The DeVos money train and the (second) Tea Party movement. That is the exact opposite of what our district needs right now.

That has to be one of the most disorganized grassroots movements I have ever seen.

I was listening to NPR this morning and they were doing a big panel discussion about the Tea Party. I was absolutely furious while listening to it, enough to actually make me get out of bed and e-mail the show. What had been an entirely legitimate, rational, and otherwise realistic way of opposing current policies put forth by the Democrats and Republicans has become a corporate-funded, GOP adopted echo chamber filled with absolute nonsense.
I have been discussing how this is happening since last year, when Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin got involved.

I fully understand that the GOP wants to lock up as many votes as they can from the (second) Tea Party movement, but if they don't watch it, its going to turn around and bite them in the ass the same way it did with Perot and Nader.
Nader bit the GOP in the ass? And the GOP recognizes what they are creating, and it is to prevent a Perot that they are doing it. If you talk to the majority of the Tea Party supporters and you will realize that they are still the same George Bush GOP.

If you talk to the majority of the Tea Party supporters and you will realize that they are still the same George Bush GOP.

This was my experience. I went to a "tea party", which was nothing more than a VERY shallow republican rally. It was disappointing.

This was my experience. I went to a "tea party", which was nothing more than a VERY shallow republican rally. It was disappointing.
And this is what I was talking about in the Glenn Beck thread a while back. The attention he has brought to the movement isn't actually a good thing over all. Sure, a few people have been made more aware of things, but a large number of these people are thinking the exact same stuff they did two years ago.

When the tea party stuff began exploding last year I thought that some of the criticisms were uncalled for, but since then I have seen some stuff in person and every criticism has a touch of truth. There are some there that are religious zealots, some are birthers, some are 9/11 truthers, some are "bomb them all" types, and some are doing things that border on racism.

There is room for differing opinions in any political group/movement, but some of these people don't realize that the politicians they do want to support are just more of the same problems.

That has to be one of the most disorganized grassroots movements I have ever seen.
Haha! I love their mascot.

I just hate the name. The APP thing is pretty cool, but still referring to it as the "Pirate Party" doesn't do it justice. Still, I like their enthusiasm. An interesting blend of conservative and progressive ideas in there.

Nader bit the GOP in the ass? And the GOP recognizes what they are creating, and it is to prevent a Perot that they are doing it. If you talk to the majority of the Tea Party supporters and you will realize that they are still the same George Bush GOP.

I should have been more clear with Nader. He did the same thing to Gore that Perot did to Bush and Dole in the '90s. Same "third way" anger that kills the incumbent party in a critical election. Well, except for Dole. I imagine 2012 will be similar to that if the GOP don't get their ducks in a row and attempt to control this Rancor that they've created.

Also, Vernon Announced His Retirement Today
Nice guy, sensible leader, leaves a massive black hole in local politics that I'm not looking forward to seeing the race for. DeVos will pour money into the Conservative candidate, and he (Amash) will probably win.

I imagine 2012 will be similar to that if the GOP don't get their ducks in a row and attempt to control this Rancor that they've created.
rancor.jpg
:D

But they didn't create it. They were trying to ignore it back in 2007. They have just been trying to take it over since 2009. Sarah Palin isn't trying to become the face of the movement because she agrees with the people that first started it, but because she recognizes a large number of Bush-style Republicans have been brought in by the likes of Glenn Beck. The bigger risk the GOP faces is that the more they try grabbing control the more the originators are likely to pull away.

Well, big names are now putting out warnings in regard to the Tea Party becoming entangled with GOP.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2010/02/12/stimulus-hypocrisy-and-the-tea-partiers
I spoke to a newly formed group of a hundred or so tea partiers in southern Indiana back in December. The vast majority was concerned about Washington’s spending addiction and Beltway encroachment on their lives. In the two hours I fielded questions, only one brought up illegal immigration and nobody brought up Obama’s birth certificate. They weren’t worried about Muslims and gays — they were worried about what the mounting federal debt meant for their children and grandchildren’s future.

Therefore it was disconcerting to read that the organizers of this past weekend’s Tea Party Convention in Nashville brought in Tom Tancredo and Sarah Palin to speak. Tancredo’s agenda was typically nasty and counterproductive, while Palin’s combined her formulated hockey mom shtick with a sophomoric jingoism that should have appalled devotees of limited government. Yet, according to the video of her speech, the crowd loved it.

Instead of spending $100,000 on Palin, I suggest Tea Party organizers bring in my colleague John Samples to speak at the next convention. (John’s worth $100,000 but can be had for considerably less.) John recently wrote a column, entitled “Tea Partiers Shouldn’t Date the GOP,” that every budding tea partier should read.

Here’s an excerpt:

The quality that gives the Tea Party movement its legitimacy is that it is so fundamentally illegitimate: outside the establishment, bereft of representation on K Street, and without an identifiable face to speak for it on Meet the Press. This is a movement that sprang deep from within the viscera of America, not from some political poll or focus group.

It is not Republican; it is not even conservative. It has no interest in debating the merits of No Child Left Behind, abstinence-only sex education or George W. Bush’s rationale for going to Iraq. Replacing a “spend and borrow” Democrat with a “spend and borrow” Republican is not the goal of the Tea Party movement.

This movement is simply saying: “We are fine without you, Washington. Now for the love of God, go attend a reception somewhere, and stop making health care and entrepreneurship more expensive than they already are.”

I hope John’s right because if the movement allows itself to become entangled with the same party that publicly eschews big government stimulus while groveling behind the scenes for a piece of it, the [Tea] party will be over.

And a warning from Chuck Baldwin:
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin569.htm

A WARNING TO THE TEA PARTY NATION

By Chuck Baldwin
February 12, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

As far as grassroots activism goes, the surge in Tea Parties across America is one of the more encouraging developments to recently take place. It reminds me of the "Conservative Revolution" of 1994, when the GOP reclaimed both the US Senate and House of Representatives. At that time, it had been over 40 years since the Republican Party controlled both the US House and Senate. And, between the two, the House victories were the most significant.

Spurred mostly by the election of Bill Clinton in 1992, a host of young, energetic freshman Republicans marched into Washington, D.C., determined to return a burgeoning and out-of-control federal leviathan to the constitutional precepts of limited government. I'm talking about then-freshman House members such as Helen Chenoweth, Steve Largent, Bob Barr, Joe Scarborough, Sonny Bono, John Shadegg, J.C. Watts, etc. These young conservatives went to Washington, D.C., determined to reduce the growth and size of the federal government.

The vehicle used to transport these young conservatives from grassroots activism to US House and Senate seats was the highly touted "Contract with America" (CWA), which was orchestrated by House Speaker-to-be, Newt Gingrich. The CWA included a promise to the American people that if they would give the GOP a majority in Congress, they would eliminate up to 5 federal departments--such as the Departments of Energy and Education--and many federal agencies.

Obviously, not only did the GOP-controlled Congress not eliminate a single federal department or agency--or even shrink the size of the federal government at all--it expanded the size and scope of the federal government at every level. And there is one reason for it: Big Government neocons posing as champions of conservatism co-opted and destroyed the Conservative Revolution of 1994.

If one wants to put names to these treasonous wretches (and I do), I'm talking about charlatans such as Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott. Anyone who thinks that Newt Gingrich is a real conservative or that he will do anything to reduce the size and scope of the federal government needs to speak with any of those Republican members of the freshman class of 1994. (Sadly, too, some of the members of that great freshman class went on to become Big Government toadies themselves. Such is the power of that Putrid Province by the Potomac.)

The Tea Parties of 2010 remind me very much of the Conservative Revolution of 1994. And if the Tea Party Nation is not very careful, they will succumb to the same fate. The signs of a silent takeover of the movement are already appearing.

First of all, the Tea Parties were actually born during the Presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul of Texas in 2007 and 2008. For all intents and purposes, the Tea Parties and the Ron Paul Revolution were one and the same. These were (mostly) young people, who were sick and tired of the same old establishment Republican Party. They were tired of establishment Republicans selling out the principles of limited government; they were tired of the US Constitution being ignored and trampled by both Republicans and Democrats; they were tired of an incessant interventionist US foreign policy that keeps sending US forces overseas to advance a burgeoning New World Order (NWO); they were tired of perpetual war; they were tired of the bank bailouts; they were tired of the Federal Reserve; etc.

I know this because I met--and spoke before--the Tea Party Nation in State after State as I campaigned for Dr. Paul during the Republican primaries back in 2008. And I met them again all over America, as I was running as an Independent candidate for President--with Ron Paul's endorsement, no less. I was with them in scores of meetings (big and small) from Washington, D.C., to Spokane, Washington, and all points in between.

But now many of the Tea Parties are distancing themselves from Dr. Paul and embracing establishment players such as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. Even Newt Gingrich is being courted. Watch out, Tea Party Nation: you're in danger of losing your soul! Newt Gingrich is not one of you. He is not your friend. He is an imposter. He will destroy you just like he almost single-handedly destroyed the Conservative Revolution of 1994.

Plus, be careful about Sarah Palin and other establishment Republicans. Palin is currently playing both sides. She is promoting Big Government neocons such as John McCain on the one hand, and sincere conservative-libertarians such as Rand Paul on the other hand. But if one wants a real barometer of Palin's true colors, look no further than her endorsement of Rick Perry in Texas.

Perry is the quintessential establishment Republican. Perry has been in office for some 9 years, and what has he done to thwart the NWO in Texas? Nothing! Perry is even a Bilderberg Group attendee. What has he done for State sovereignty in Texas? Nothing! In fact, he supports the North American Union and the NAFTA superhighway. What has he done to resist Obama's universal health care proposals? Nothing! What has he done to protect the citizens of Texas against an emerging Police State? Nothing! What has he done to fight illegal immigration? Nothing!

As a result of both Rick Perry's establishment business-as-usual politics in Texas and the proliferating grassroots Tea Party movement, counterattacking establishment politics, a Tea Partier herself has entered the race for Texas governor. Her name is Debra Medina. As the Tea Party Nation in Texas already knows, Medina is one of you.

Medina is committed to preserving Texas' independence and sovereignty. She is opposed to the Patriot Act. She will secure the Texas border. She will give Texas Vermont-style open carry freedoms for gun owners. She wants to get rid of unconstitutional property taxes in Texas. She will stop the NAFTA superhighway. Medina is the real deal.

So, what did Sarah Palin do? She went to Texas and endorsed Rick Perry! I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen, playing political games in order to rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars on the speaking and book-signing circuits is not what the Tea Parties are all about.

Tea Parties are supposed to be about putting principle over politics, supporting and defending the US Constitution, supporting limited government and personal liberty, getting rid of the Federal Reserve, abolishing the IRS, ending preemptive and pervasive wars, and putting truth and integrity back into government.

Don't get me wrong; there are things about Sarah Palin that I like. I especially appreciate her pro-life and pro-Second Amendment stands. I also appreciate her signing the Alaska State sovereignty resolution while she was governor. By all indications, she did a good job as Alaska's chief executive. At the national level, however, she favors the Patriot Act--and even wants to expand it. She supported the banker bailouts. And when it comes to foreign policy issues, Palin is just another neocon. Plus, as with most Republicans at the national level, I think she is clueless about the NWO. And please remember, it was Mr. New World Order himself, Henry Kissinger, who vetted Palin on behalf of McCain.

The Tea Party Nation should expect better!

The Nation also needs to be careful about Glenn Beck. He says many of the right things. He is likeable and charismatic; but he's also dead wrong on a number of issues--issues that are critical to the Tea Party Nation. He's dead wrong when he attempts to disparage and impugn Congressman Ron Paul, saying Dr. Paul is a "crazy, kooky guy." He's dead wrong in supporting the banker bailouts. He's dead wrong when he supports raising taxes (which he has done on several occasions). He was dead wrong when he supported the Patriot Act. He is dead wrong when he viciously attacks the 9/11 victims' families who demand further information about what happened to their loved ones on that fateful day. And he is dead wrong when he mocks people such as Alan Keyes and Joe Farah for demanding that Barack Obama release his birth certificate--if he indeed has one.

And now I hear that there are some self-professed members of the Tea Party Nation who are actually running for Congressman Paul's US House seat in Texas. If this is not a sign that establishment Republicans are hijacking the Tea Party movement, I don't know what is. Remember, the Tea Party movement began as a support base for the Ron Paul Revolution back in 2007.

I strongly encourage the Tea Party faithful to read Jane Hamsher's recent column on this subject.

I say again, be careful, Tea Party Nation. You are being infiltrated. You are being compromised. You are being neutered. Stick to your principles. Stick with the Constitution. Keep opposing unconstitutional, preemptive wars. Keep calling for the abolition of the Federal Reserve. Keep fighting for less taxes, reduced federal spending, and states' rights. Keep opposing the Patriot Act and the New World Order. Don't abandon Ron Paul. Be wary of people such as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. You don't need "big name" celebrities to give you credibility. As Samson's strength depended on keeping his hair uncut, your strength lies in keeping your principles intact. And unless you want to wind up like the Republican freshmen in 1994, avoid Newt Gingrich like the plague!

Maybe with the bigger names putting up warnings this thing will get back to what it started as: A movement to get big government politicians from both parties out of office.

I think there should be a thread about the Tea Party Movement. To me they seem to warrant their own thread. Personally, I think the Tea Party Movement is probably going to end up hi-jacked by the Republicans and swallowed into the Republican Party.

I think there should be a thread about the Tea Party Movement. To me they seem to warrant their own thread. Personally, I think the Tea Party Movement is probably going to end up hi-jacked by the Republicans and swallowed into the Republican Party.

image5497743x.jpg

Too late.

There were real tea party people and then there were angry republicans. Angry republicans will fall to the neocons.

It makes me feel weird whenever I hear something about Obama's birth certificate. Makes me think the dude who wrote that article got a little carried away by the time he got to the end of it. I think it's a very unprofessional thing to talk about--we have bigger problems to deal with. I'm sure Ron Paul would never organize a rally to find Obama's real birth certificate. What does that have to do with balancing the budget?

And who is Chuck Baldwin? Hopefully these "bigger names" will inspire some actual bigger names that people like my parents might know.

It makes me feel weird whenever I hear something about Obama's birth certificate. Makes me think the dude who wrote that article got a little carried away by the time he got to the end of it. I think it's a very unprofessional thing to talk about--we have bigger problems to deal with. I'm sure Ron Paul would never organize a rally to find Obama's real birth certificate. What does that have to do with balancing the budget?

And who is Chuck Baldwin? Hopefully these "bigger names" will inspire some actual bigger names that people like my parents might know.

Chuck Baldwin is an awesome pastor from northern Florida. He was the Constitution Party candidate.

He writes great articles. He represents a really good example of how to make everyone happy despite differences, because he is a very religious man that still has profound respect for liberty and the constitution as a limiting document honoring it.

Back