CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Same as before for me. I am wondering what you guys are averaging, I did about a 1.23 on a 17 lap stint.

Done about 15 laps. Down to 1:20.891. Its that last turn that can cost you a heap of time.

I think I am going to pass this one, as I have tried everything and I still can't join the lounge. Though it might be my cousin's networks problems, because I am at his place in Finland right now, not home.

My connection was fine, until I finished the 2nd race in 4th place and got disconnected on the cool down lap! Now can't re-enter the lounge!

Would someone be able to distribute the replay file for race 2 as it did not give me the chance to save it! Thanks!

OmniusGT
Consider that done Jammy! :D

R10 - Replay 2

Oh thanks Omnius that's fab :-)

I was really chuffed to pick up 4th in the 2nd race, despite not having much practice at all with the track!

Another interesting design and really took a while to get to grips with! I was 2nd for a while but made a mistake to allow fuel to close in, then got touched at the 3rd bend at top of the hill which unsettled the car and me, and I ended up spinning! Ah well...

Congrats to Dowlin on the club championship win!

The first award of Season 5!

RGTClub.png

*Congratulations*

Dowlin39

:gtpflag: CLUB RACING Tournament Champion! :gtpflag:

Final Podium Standings - Season 5 Club Racing

RAVEN GT GOLD

S5ClubWinner.png

RAVEN GT SILVER

S5ClubSilver.png

RAVEN GT BRONZE

S5ClubBronze1.png

S5ClubBronze2.png

With the Championship, Endurance and the overall Season winner all still to be decided over the next 3 weeks :D

Amazing last round from Fuelmyfire as he nailed both heats, but it was the pole position he got in heat 1 saw him gain that 3 points that ultimately gave him matching points with Hillracing, sharing the Bronze! 👍

Last edited:
Congratulations on the club championship dowlin,looks set to be a close finish to the season.

Congrats to you to Geordie! 2nd in the Club Racing, and considering you're still on for the Championship, Endurance AND the overall SEASON Championship :D

Thanks very much guys, it means a lot. 👍
I'm glad to have my name up there at the top of 1 tournament standings. But theres still 2 more I can fight for and potentially ruin one other for a few people :lol: Well done to Geordie too who is still holding on to the top spot and not letting too much get taken from it, great consistent driving 👍

Pretty much a well done to everyone who has kept this series a clean and respectful series even if the races havn't been going your way. We all know that one stupid move from anyone could ruin someone's race or championship hopes and it's great that we have not had any of that to contend with.

By the way Omnius, The graphic you did with my car and the gold medal is now my phone's wallpaper :lol:

But now we are in the business end of the Season, and I'm going to throw the Gauntlet down now and say that I'm out for you're No. 1 spot Geordie. Keep an eye on those Mirrors ;) 👍 👍 👍

Big congrats to Dowlin and Geordie and Hill and Fuel. Mental racing last night, loved both races. Cheviot is my favorite created track EVER. Big thanks to Omnius for being such a top host, I know how hard it is to keep a league running, and you are kickin @ss mate. CORE GT ROCKS.

By the way Omnius, The graphic you did with my car and the gold medal is now my phone's wallpaper :lol:

...Wait until you boot up your PS3 and check your messages ;)

Cheviot is my favorite created track EVER. Big thanks to Omnius for being such a top host, I know how hard it is to keep a league running, and you are kickin @ss mate. CORE GT ROCKS.

Thanks for the kind words as always, and for the support week in, week out 👍

Great job all :D had a great time in this series and the other championships are still on! Loving the pictures :D.

I think the Northlander will be epic :D

Great job all :D had a great time in this series and the other championships are still on! Loving the pictures :D.

I think the Northlander will be epic :D

Likewise, there's something waiting for you when you turn your PS3 on :D

But now we are in the business end of the Season, and I'm going to throw the Gauntlet down now and say that I'm out for you're No. 1 spot Geordie. Keep an eye on those Mirrors ;) 👍 👍 👍

Not sure i can see that far back in the mirrors. :):sly::)

Just checked the race 1 replay, and something really weird happened to me in the pits on lap 11. I remember being in the race at the time and Arieracer was about 8-9 seconds behind, then went I went into the pits I suddenly saw him in the rear view mirror right behind me and wondered how he got there having been so far back. Looking at the replay, my car was halfway down the pit lane about to enter my box and then it sent me back to the beginning of the pit lane again effectively making me drive the whole length again at snail's pace and losing me those 8-9 seconds. Very bizarre!

OmniusGT
That happens if you enter the pits too fast. Does it all the time...

Wow! I never knew that. Is that a bug? So should normal practice be to not enter at full speed, should I ease off before reaching the pit entrance?

Weird how it let me drive all the way up, then to the send me back to the pit entrance lol!

Yeah I always take it easy when entering the pits, as if you were really doing it (preparing to hit the limiter) as you know there's that AI cutoff when it takes over, thats the point you have to be as close to the AI speed otherwise it 'glitches' and pings you back....not as a punishment, more to do with the game wanting to activate the auto sequence but as you've passed the cutoff (with the high entrance speed) it replays the entry hence it looks like you've flipped back to the pit entrance :indiff:

RH-CLUB.png

Round 10 Heat 1 - Cheviot GT - Club Race - 26.8.12

1-18.png

A quiet round 10 see's FuelmyFire take his first Pole Position 👍

2-20.png

It's all or nothing in the last Club Race of the season!

3-20.png

The field lead by Fuelmyfire with Third_Reign alongside approach the Reiver Ring for the first time :scared:

4-20.png

On top of the world! Fuelmyfire hangs onto that 1st place :D

5-20.png

Everyone looks to have cleanly made the up-hill section...

6-20.png

...and safely down the hill too 👍

7-19.png

Third_Regin holding off geordie in 3rd position at the end of the first lap.

8-20.png

It's not looking good for the Clio V6 of OmniusALX *AGAIN* :banghead:

9-20.png

View from above - The CORE GT Series in minature as Fuelmyfire consitantly holds onto P1 👍

10-20.png

Dowlin39 knows he needs to finish in front of geordie139 if he wants to take Season 5's Club Racing Gold!

11-20.png

Jammy_Rex runs wide as OmniusALX looks to take the position...

12-19.png

WOAH!!! Jammy_Rex slides back across the track, unsettling OmniusALX in the process! :nervous:

13-17.png

Both off into the armco :ouch:

14-18.png

Areiracer runs onto the grass allowing OmniusALX to make up the ground he lost with Jammy_Rex :sly:

15-17.png

Fuelmyfire, with Dowlin39 pushing hard behind, overcooks it!!!:crazy: Dowlin39 is now where he needs to be! 👍

16-17.png

The pack now set their sights on Fuelmyfire....a valiant attempt to win the race from Pole...looks like it wasn't mean't to be?

17-17.png

Meanwhile, that loose rear finally bites OmniusALX...

18-16.png

...brakes on, out of control, OmniusALX can only hope Areiracer can avoid the stricken Clio V6 :scared:

19-17.png

:ouch: CONTACT! :ouch:

20-17.png

Areiracer can do nothing but plough straight into OmniusALX...

21-17.png

...sending OmniusALX into another spin, with Jammy_Rex just avoiding a secondary pile-up :crazy:

22-17.png

Third_Reign clips the grass and off in the narrow section gifting Ade3210 a free place 👍 :D

23-15.png

Now that's Karma for you...as Ade3210 gets some of Third_Reign's medicine as HE goes off onto the gravel allowing geordie139 a free place :sly:

24-16.png

Never a better time for some new 'gravel-free' rubber :lol:

25-16.png

The remaining third of the race was a settled affair, Dowlin39 claims his first outright win 👍 ...can he make it a double as heat 2 approaches???

26-16.png

Last lap drama!!! :scared: Third_Reign in '3rd' pays the price for touching the grass in a highspeed turn... :dunce:

27-16.png

Ade3210 can't believe his luck!!! The Podium awaits??? :crazy:

28-15.png

A rather battered geordie139 brings his RX-7 home in a rather dramatic 2nd

29-15.png

My Lord of Lords! :lol: Ade3210 gets his first podium (3rd) in the Club Racing tournament of Season 5 👍

RH-CLUB.png

Round 10 Heat 2 - Cheviot GT - Club Race - 26.8.12

1-19.png

A picture tells a 1000 words....reverse grid time for heat 2, looks as if we have some handbrake starters :sly:

2-21.png

OmniusALX's lead didn't take long to go :eek:

3-21.png

The battle's on for that first place as OmniusALX starts to drop back

4-21.png

Onto the Reiver - Jammy_Rex holds off Fuelmyfire as he steps the back out...

5-21.png

OmniusALX goes high as Fuelmyfire snaps across the path of Third_Reign :scared:

6-21.png

Fuelmyfire has luck on his side as he JUST gets past Third_Reign! How did he not only avoid Third_Reign, but also keep control???

7-20.png

Attack Formation - Dowlin39 makes his move! :D

8-21.png

No let up for anyone! Lap after lap, the chain of Fuelmyfire, OmniusALX, Ade3210 & Third_Reign remains intact 👍

9-21.png

The pressure builds as each lap falls - Fuelmyfire running too wide :nervous:

10-21.png

Ade3210 making good use of the slipstream from OmniusALX

11-21.png

Ade3210 slingshots his way past OmniusALX....but where's that dust plume coming from???

12-20.png

Dowlin39 runs wide, collecting grass and dirt on those warm tyres :crazy:

13-18.png

OmniusALX closes on Ade3210 as he also gets wide onto the grass :sly:

14-19.png

Geordie139 closes up on the main pack...

15-18.png

...just as OmniusALX takes his excursion onto the green stuff :dunce:

16-18.png

When the racing is this close, everyone needs to be on alert for the braking zone 👍

17-18.png

Another lap begins, who will make the break first? As Ade3210 sits in a commanding position

18-17.png

This could be costly for Third_Reign :ouch:

19-18.png

Never a better time to take your pitstop....even better when the man behind you comes in too!

20-18.png

As the field starts to spread out, Jammy_Rex looks to be in trouble :scared:

21-18.png

Fuelmyfire is lucky as Jammy_Rex bounces back off the armco and behind the S2000...

22-18.png

...this can't be said for OmniusALX :scared: :nervous:

23-16.png

Enveloped in Jammy_Rex's tyre smoke, OmniusALX just has to go for it!

24-17.png

AND RELAX! :lol: OmniusALX is past without incident 👍

25-17.png

Fuelmyfire & OmniusALX - Double Drifting! :D

26-17.png

Drifting costs time, as Ade3210 closes on OmniusALX

27-17.png

Shifting the weight forward has made OmniusALX more competitive in Heat 2, but corner cutting can have a serious impact on your race! :banghead: :ouch::ouch::ouch:

28-16.png

After a promising start, this is surely the end of a high finish for OmniusALX

29-16.png

After that 'OFF' there was only one place to go

30-14.png

Just as in the first heat, Ade captialised on a mistake by Third_Reign, that ghost has come back to haunt Ade3210 as Heat 2 draws to a close :crazy:

31-13.png

As Ade3210's NSX bounces of the far armco and across the narrow section, Areiracer has nowhere to go! :scared::ouch:

32-13.png

With a crippled BMW, Areiracer is stranded as Third_Reign tries to avoid the earlier accident :nervous:

33-13.png

BOOM! Third_Reign clips Areiracer sending him off just like Ade3210 :crazy:

34-12.png

Third_Reign's off has allowed OmniusALX to take him on the Start/Finish straight! 👍 Extra points in the dying seconds :D

35-12.png

A rather damaged looking Clio V6!

36-11.png

A perfect end to the final Club Racing event! Dowlin39 has done it!!! CHAMPION of the Club!!! 👍 👍 👍

37-12.png

Geordie139 keeps his Season Championship alive with another 2nd place 👍

38-11.png

And from out of nowhere, Fuelmyfire has just done enough to share that RAVEN GT BRONZE with Hillracing 👍

Fantastic pictures once again Omnius, wow you're Clio does not like any part of that track :lol: I'm glad I managed to keep my good record at Cheviot intact, easily my favorite custom tack so far 👍

Also, I got you're message on the PS3, I'll let you decide how it looks :P

DSC_0040.jpg

YEAH!!! 👍

Nice one Dowlin :D Pleased you like it!!!

Just a little something as a momento from what I'd like to think has been the best season of the CORE to date!

YEAH!!! 👍

Nice one Dowlin :D Pleased you like it!!!

Just a little something as a momento from what I'd like to think has been the best season of the CORE to date!

I agree, It's also been my favorite and best Season so far, but that's partly to do with me missing huge chunks of Season 3 and 4. But take nothing away from Season 5 with great new drivers and tough races.

It's always nice to get a little something which you invest time into, even if it is for fun. 👍

Fantastic pictures and race report Omnius. I really enjoyed the races, and was great to get on the podium for the first time this season. Cheviot is definately the king of custom tracks.👍

Back