Creation vs. Evolution

• Thread starter ledhed
  • 9,687 comments
You can believe that when someone from a Kansas school tries to get a technical job or any job that concerns medicine they will be shunned like the plague.

ledhed
You can believe that when someone from a Kansas school tries to get a technical job or any job that concerns medicine they will be shunned like the plague.

****! I'm f(x)cked!

But some schools will still teach evolution though. It just won't be tested over. At least that's my understanding of it.

kansas4ve.jpg

I'm touched, I really am... an invite, no less, to a seminar in London, November 29th 2005, called "The Collapse of Evolution and The Fact OF Creation" organised by this lot... http://www.harunyahya.com/

I'm really tempted to go, just to ask some questions... We all got a postcard in our pigeon holes here at work today, inviting us to this talk. Shame I work in a biology department, along side some pretty hardcore evolutionary biologists. I think it would be a good idea to go as a group... :sly:

Touring Mars
I'm touched, I really am... an invite, no less, to a seminar in London, November 29th 2005, called "The Collapse of Evolution and The Fact OF Creation" organised by this lot... http://www.harunyahya.com/

I'm really tempted to go, just to ask some questions... We all got a postcard in our pigeon holes here at work today, inviting us to this talk. Shame I work in a biology department, along side some pretty hardcore evolutionary biologists. I think it would be a good idea to go as a group... :sly:

I wanna go ! I'll bring some beer and pop corn.

Zardoz
And we have the nerve to call ourselves an "intelligent" species...

Thanks for that link. That's one of the very weirdest web sites I've ever seen. I'm going to spend a lot of time exploring it. Those people must do huge doses. How else can you explain stuff like this? :

Its all an illusion

OH. MY. GOD.

HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HAHAAAA
A.....AaAaahhh.....WOW.

"The fact is, you do not live in the kind of world described above at all. In your world, there is no distance of even a few meters, let alone of billions of kilometers or galaxies light years away. Actually you live in a very small enclosed space-in a tiny, locked room at the top of a giant tower. You have never left that room. You have never stepped outside it or been anywhere else. All you have seen are different shapes, people and spaces reflected on the walls of that room. You have heard only the sounds emitted from loudspeakers concealed in there. In fact, in that little room at the top of the tower, there is nobody else but you. You are entirely alone! The "tower" we are speaking of is your body, and the little room atop it (in other words, your world) is your brain."

thumb.php

Well, it looks like we are going to go! There are 6 of us who are going to go along, 2 lecturers, 3 postdocs and 1 PhD student so far, with me being the only one in the group who is not an evolutionary biologist. Should be interesting...

Pako
I'm sure you guys have already heard of this, but this is "the first time in the land of Israel that we have (found) the name Goliath, or a name like Goliath".

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World...g/2005/11/14/1131816832591.html?oneclick=true

Give it time, science is helping to validate the Bible.
Interesting article... 👍 This is a good example of what real science can do to make The Bible more relevant and interesting, unlike some of the ridiculous claims that some creationists make. As I've said before, I think that real creationists not only cheapen science, but also cheapen religion too.

Touring Mars
Well, it looks like we are going to go! There are 6 of us who are going to go along, 2 lecturers, 3 postdocs and 1 PhD student so far, with me being the only one in the group who is not an evolutionary biologist. Should be interesting...

Afterwards, post and tell us how it goes. Also, your avatar is creepy...! :nervous:

:lol: I suppose it is a bit creepy

Anyway, I'm not convinced that we should even go, as it might just encourage them. But my colleagues are irate that they have advertised this within our department, and take it as their duty as scientists and teachers to voice their opposition. I'm not an evolutionary biologist myself, but these guys most certainly are. Between them, they have published literally hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and papers on evolutionary biology. The collapse of evolution theory? Hardly....

Touring Mars
...I suppose it is a bit creepy...
...which is good, of course.

Touring Mars
...Anyway, I'm not convinced that we should even go, as it might just encourage them. But my colleagues are irate that they have advertised this within our department, and take it as their duty as scientists and teachers to voice their opposition...
I hope your colleagues get loud, rowdy, belligerant, and disruptive. I hope the police have to be called to restore order.

edited back - I guess what I said should stay

I'm really tempted to go, just to ask some questions... We all got a postcard in our pigeon holes here at work today, inviting us to this talk. Shame I work in a biology department, along side some pretty hardcore evolutionary biologists. I think it would be a good idea to go as a group...
Yay, yet another religious group taking the word of god too literally. To think that Islam encourages education above almost everything else. Sad that some people refuse to learn

I'll be honest - I wouldn't mind refuting some of these claims myself. Too bad all of his material is in the form of books that must be purchased.

Steve Abrams, the Kansas school board head, accused my school district of using pr0n in classrooms! :dopey: :rolleyes: :grumpy: Since when does no experience in education equal school board material?

1 Steve Abrams + thermite -> 1 step forward for kansas + Fe

logi74
OH. MY. GOD.

HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HAHAAAA
A.....AaAaahhh.....WOW.

"The fact is, you do not live in the kind of world described above at all. In your world, there is no distance of even a few meters, let alone of billions of kilometers or galaxies light years away. Actually you live in a very small enclosed space-in a tiny, locked room at the top of a giant tower. You have never left that room. You have never stepped outside it or been anywhere else. All you have seen are different shapes, people and spaces reflected on the walls of that room. You have heard only the sounds emitted from loudspeakers concealed in there. In fact, in that little room at the top of the tower, there is nobody else but you. You are entirely alone! The "tower" we are speaking of is your body, and the little room atop it (in other words, your world) is your brain."

thumb.php
Would make a excellent movie..... oh yeah, Matrix. Man on the cover even looks like Neo. 👍

emad
I'll be honest - I wouldn't mind refuting some of these claims myself. Too bad all of his material is in the form of books that must be purchased.
You can actually download some full books from the site in the form of .pdf (Acrobat Reader) files... although I can think of better things to do with my bandwidth.

Zardoz
I hope your colleagues get loud, rowdy, belligerant, and disruptive. I hope the police have to be called to restore order.
Well, it's not our intention to be disruptive or vocal for the sake of being vocal, but yes, there will be, how can I put this, feedback...

A day spent talking to people who have their minds sealed in concrete surrounded by a brick wall and sheilded with lead . Bring some C4 .

Carl.
Nice find 👍, a little faith in the Kansas education system has been restored (no pun intended...)

Carl.
Now they ought to include the FSM somewhere in that course.
Of course they will, they must, they are compelled to, it's imperative, essential, it would be ludicrous not to... any class about Creation science that doesn't mention the FSM isn't very intelligently designed...

Back