DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

This is going to be an interesting race from a tire strategy stand point
as for passing zones

1) Icho-Namikidori, Turn 1 at the end of the front straight, use the draft to slingshot past your opponent and out brake them into the corner

2) Meiji Memorial, Turn 2, tight left hander at the end of a short straight, you need to get a good drive off of the exit of Icho-Namikidori to even attempt to pull along side and out brake your opponent heading into this turn

3) Shuto Ko Expressway, turn 4, carousel corner use the short straight to draft up and pass your opponent on the outside or if you can beat him into the corner up the inside line , make sure you get a good drive out of this carousel to make the pass stick heading into Meiji Kininkan, turn 5

4) Akasaka-Mitsuke, turn 13/14 complex, stay close to your opponent through Shuto Ko bend and drive around them in the complex or stay tight for the draft up the long front straight

boshuter
This should be a good track for the NSX's if they can keep tires on them

Exactly. Although, Redrobin was turning the same times as me...I look forward to racing him. Bo, you manage tires much better than me so imagine you'll leave me when I spend that extra stop in pit lane.

Scorpion0001
This is going to be an interesting race from a tire strategy stand point
as for passing zones

1) Icho-Namikidori, Turn 1 at the end of the front straight, use the draft to slingshot past your opponent and out brake them into the corner

2) Meiji Memorial, Turn 2, tight left hander at the end of a short straight, you need to get a good drive off of the exit of Icho-Namikidori to even attempt to pull along side and out brake your opponent heading into this turn

3) Shuto Ko Expressway, turn 4, carousel corner use the short straight to draft up and pass your opponent on the outside or if you can beat him into the corner up the inside line , make sure you get a good drive out of this carousel to make the pass stick heading into Meiji Kininkan, turn 5

4) Akasaka-Mitsuke, turn 13/14 complex, stay close to your opponent through Shuto Ko bend and drive around them in the complex or stay tight for the draft up the long front straight

Should we appoint you technical advisor in this series too? Lol I never knew the names of the turns. I oughta get a track map pic up in post 1. That way those of us who don't know the turn names can figure it out.

The Lexus and maybe even the GTR's will not get many passing opportunities along the long straight. The long straight is where the NSX's will shine as they are able to pull away slightly before reaching turn 1.

It'll be interesting to see how the race shakes out with pit strategy and tire wear. But i agree with Bo. This should be a good race for the NSX's.

Good luck guys and heres to a great season 👍

Exactly. Although, Redrobin was turning the same times as me...I look forward to racing him.

Likewise

Last edited:
I should've posted this earlier, please everyone be in the online lobby before 3:30. I'd like to start pp and weight check ins at 3:30 EST. Then we can start qualifying after everyone is in and ready.

Also, go to the options menu and clear caches before connecting to the race room. Minimize any chances of lag.

Some pictures from the Tokyo race.

Warm up lap

Green flag

Yapper looking to the inside.

Z_Crazy entering the pits

Redrobin getting wide on worn tires and opening the door

Action in the pits

Position changes taking place

Battle for 2nd at the line. Z_Crazy on worn tires holds off DA

Congratulations to NaSsuu for winning the season opener!

Last edited:
Nice pics red. That finish was crazy close for me. I may take some pics tonight or tomorrow if I get any time.

Nice job Nas on the win. I'll get the points chart up in the next few days.

I'd like to get everyone together to discuss possible schedule changes in a lobby where we all talk about it as a group. I'm open to hear opinions and others thoughts on how to change things on such late notice. The two courses I'm wanting to change are Fuji and Daytona for Monaco and Laguna Seca. NSX's fly at these courses.

Sorry for the mess ups guys. It's my first time running the show so mistakes are bound to happen here n there. I just want a fair and even shot for everyone with a schedule not favoring one car over another. We can leave things as is or change courses. Opinions and thoughts please?

I'd like to get everyone together to discuss possible schedule changes in a lobby where we all talk about it as a group. I'm open to hear opinions and others thoughts on how to change things on such late notice. The two courses I'm wanting to change are Fuji and Daytona for Monaco and Laguna Seca. NSX's fly at these courses.

Sorry for the mess ups guys. It's my first time running the show so mistakes are bound to happen here n there. I just want a fair and even shot for everyone with a schedule not favoring one car over another. We can leave things as is or change courses. Opinions and thoughts please?

I'd keep Fuji but I think it should be ran with light penalties to avoid people using the huge runoff areas. I think changing Daytona to Laguna Seca is a good idea and if you want to run Monaco (which I am all in favor of), how about swapping it for Madrid. Just my thoughts, but I'm sure not looking forward to running these cars at Madrid. :scared:

boshuter
I'd keep Fuji but I think it should be ran with light penalties to avoid people using the huge runoff areas. I think changing Daytona to Laguna Seca is a good idea and if you want to run Monaco (which I am all in favor of), how about swapping it for Madrid. Just my thoughts, but I'm sure not looking forward to running these cars at Madrid. :scared:

Thanks bo.

I wasn't planning on ditching Madrid but I understand dreading it. It's farther away so we can not worry about it just yet. Fuji is the dilemma. NSX's have the advantage there as far as I know and if we ditch Fuji I'd replace it with Monaco.

Let's see what the others say too and we.can figure it out from there.

I'm in favor for both Laguna Seca and Monaco. That will only leave 3 remaining tracks which the NSX's should dominate on. Those would be La Sarthe, Monza and possibly SPA.

For the record. I felt Tokyo was a fair track.

Last edited:
I'm in favor for both Laguna Seca and Monaco. That will only leave 3 remaining tracks which the NSX's should dominate on. Those would be La Sarthe, Monza and possibly SPA.

For the record. I felt Tokyo was a fair track.

I'm in favor of both those tracks too, I'd just rather get rid of Madrid than Fuji. :sly:

I thought Tokyo was a fair track also, actually I don't think I'd worry about a certain car being better on some tracks, that's all part of the game. I had a poor showing at Tokyo for the simple reason that I didn't practice, I sure don't blame it on the car I was driving.

Anyone else have comments? I'll try to make a concrete decision by tomorrow evening at the earliest.

My feel on it is: run Fuji, ditch Daytona in exchange for either Laguna or Monaco and leave everything else as is.

All in agreement please respond. Ideas, comments, opinions? Let me here it.

Anyone else have comments? I'll try to make a concrete decision by tomorrow evening at the earliest.

My feel on it is: run Fuji, ditch Daytona in exchange for either Laguna or Monaco and leave everything else as is.

All in agreement please respond. Ideas, comments, opinions? Let me here it.

I agree I would like to run fuji as it is one of my favorite tacks no matter what car Im in. If Daytona has to go Id rather see Monaco replace it as Ive recently raced Laguna Seca in the ALMS series I run in and its 2 races away in FIAGT1 as well.

Madrid ain't goin' nowhere. It'll be an interesting race. So...Fuji stays, Daytona goes, Laguna Seca is in is the verdict at the moment.

I'll refine everything and post the points chart later today.

Either or for Monaco or Laguna. I'll do well at either track because I think the technical short tracks are one of my stronger points in these cars. I prefer Daytona to Fuji though. I think Fuji is boring and the NSX's power will cream everyone. At least at Daytona you have the bus stop chicane to catch up, and hitting the grass can really throw you a wrench.

Sorry I had to go guys. I think I had a good shot at winning the race. I could have went faster on the pole run. I found a really good setup for the car, and was practicing a lot of laps around Tokyo. I think I was on the way to a 1:34.5 or lower when Qualifying was said to be over, I already saw everyone else pit so I pit too. It just took too long with all the regs and stuff. I'm all moved into my new place now, so hopefully next race there won't be any issues.

freshseth83
Sorry I had to go guys. I think I had a good shot at winning the race. I could have went faster on the pole run. I found a really good setup for the car, and was practicing a lot of laps around Tokyo. I think I was on the way to a 1:34.5 or lower when Qualifying was said to be over, I already saw everyone else pit so I pit too. It just took too long with all the regs and stuff. I'm all moved into my new place now, so hopefully next race there won't be any issues.

I'm hoping things will get better with the regs. Next time hopefully when I set the pp people will just enter course when their pp and weight is set.

Seems silly to change tracks if one type of car seems to have an advantage
After all isn't the Pure specs designed to make the cars equal?

I think that is the idea of the PURE specs. But the bottom line is the NSX's will be a a bit quicker on tracks that favor long straights. You can tone them back. But then they wouldn't be on pace on the various other tracks that GT5 has to offer.

It's a reality in racing that drivers face. Some weeks their car may not perform so hot at one particular track. But the next week it may be the star of the show. I think DA's goal is to make sure the season is fair for all participants.

The cars are impossible (or close to) to get on par on all tracks. What we did was to make them equal over an entire season.
Some cars are faster in a straight line, some are faster in the turns.. All in all, they are on par as long as the schedule offers variation.. As soon as the schedule is biased more to one or the other type of track, the car specs will not fill it's purpose to 100%.

Key is to come up with a schedule that promotes both kind of cars.
This was also something I brought up with DA while discussing this championship. And I think that you have a great variety now when you remove a high speed track and replace it with a more teqnical one. 👍

Scorpion0001

If I would set the schedule to have both tight and wide open tracks the the PURE specs would awesome and a bit more evenly set.

Back