DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

How many laps are you getting to a set of softs? I'd like to see what kind of set up you're running also. Mine is relatively soft with no toe. Throttle control will be key for us NSX's at Fuji.

Haven't done any long runs on the PURE spec here, but I'm assuming 6-7 laps will be the soft tire max. Note: I don't run the tires in to the ground for that one additional lap. When I get around 3 - 4 seconds slow its time to get off those tires unless its the difference in making an extra stop.

Set up wise, I've found that getting the right amount of toe for the track is best for the tires. If you find you need more exit cornering, run less toe or toe in, if you need more corner entry balance, more toe out. When you get those set right, its easier to be nice to them while still keeping a good pace. I think my settings will be approx. -.10 up front and .10 to .15 out rear. With the NSX's you don't need a lot exit help because the rotate pretty well they just don't turn in that well. Interestingly, my spring rates are reletively close stock, around 14.0 up front and 15.0 out back.

Throttle wise my NSX's are very docile, I think that has more to do with using a wheel over a controller and very conservative diff settings. Not to mention the modest levels of torque on everything but the Epson.

That's weird, because my NSX tune I have fine turn in, in fact the turn in is VERY sharp, corner exit is tricky, but I think that's only because I run lower LSD settings. W.O. traction control it can be hairy sometimes, but with T.C. on 1 it's pretty good. Not sure what the exact settings are, I think I've changed it up because I don't really use the car now. Playing with the gearing can help a lot too. Setting some gears higher with trouble corners I find helps out a lot.

I am hoping to make it this Saturday, but I might have to work.:crazy:

Right now I am struggling with the 2.04 controller settings, they don't seem to be the same as the last update and I am consistently 2-3sec a lap slower than anyone else.:indiff:

I am currently running 1:38's and 1:37's with only 7 laps worth of tire wear :nervous:

I am still going to fight the car setup and try to get it down to the 1:36's but I might not be able to:scared: still having some fun in this series so going to stick with it.:sly:

Scorpion, my times are pretty much there with you. I can hit 35's and 36's for the first 4 laps. After that i am into the 37's.

Pretty sure i'll be on a 4 pit stop strategy. Which, by the way, i am not happy with.

Scorpion, my times are pretty much there with you. I can hit 35's and 36's for the first 4 laps. After that i am into the 37's.

Pretty sure i'll be on a 4 pit stop strategy. Which, by the way, i am not happy with.

I can only hit 1:37's, mostly run high 1:38' low 1:39's :dopey:

will you be on 10 easter DA?

Any openings or reserve spots needing filled?

Will drive anything but the Eneos, Bandi, WoodOne.

See no one took the Nismo Z? Id go that route or either Supra's.

Considering you have a spot to fill.

Scorpion0001
I can only hit 1:37's, mostly run high 1:38' low 1:39's :dopey:

will you be on 10 easter DA?

Yessir. 10 EST.

OwensRacing
Any openings or reserve spots needing filled?

Will drive anything but the Eneos, Bandi, WoodOne.

See no one took the Nismo Z? Id go that route or either Supra's.

Considering you have a spot to fill.

The Z is yours. We need 2 drivers so u are in if u want.

I'm interested as well. I can see that the XANAVI GT-R is open..

All I need to get straightened out is exactly what time this is at my end.. I'm GMT + 1..
Saturdays, right?

EDIT: Forget it.. I will not be able to race at those times. Perhaps I can fill in as a reserve for just a couple of races if that's fine?

Last edited:
Denilson
I'm interested as well. I can see that the XANAVI GT-R is open..

All I need to get straightened out is exactly what time this is at my end.. I'm GMT + 1..
Saturdays, right?

I'm GMT -5. Yes saturdays.

Also everyone, I updated the rules in post 2. The changes are in bold so they can be easily found.

Last edited:
Nice practice last night guys. I think Fuji is going to be a fun race. Unlike Tokyo, Fuji presents better passing opportunities.

I did not have a good practice last night. found out I was 4 seconds off the pace:crazy:

I stayed late but still no 1:36's in the Calsonic GTR:nervous:

I did try the Nismo Z, the Eneos Lexus and the YellowHat Supra. IN ALL of them I was able to hit 1:36 or better with the default set up and all three were under the HP limit!!!:scared:

Does anyone have any luck running these GTR's quick? If so could you let me in on the secret? thanks:)

sankolsan psn: kolden73
kolden76 psn:sersjanten90
nissan xanavi nisimo gt-r 08
we like to sign up in this race

sorry must correct something.
koleen psn: sankolsan
kolden76 psn: sersjanten90
nissan xanavi nisimo gt-r 08

#. GTP I.D./PSN/ Car choice/

1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
3. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motile Autech GTR 08
4. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
5. boshuter/boshuter/Lexus Bandai Direzza SC430 '06
6. freshseth83/TF-110B/Nissan Stealth GT500 GTR '08
7. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Honda Raybrig NSX 06
8. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
9. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda Stealth NSX '08
10. Scorpion0001/ScorpionPHVH Nissan Calsonic Impul '08
11. OwensRacing/OwensRacing Xanavi GTR

Reserve drivers:
? (This could be you!)

DA went with the Xanavi GTR. I really love the sound of these and more comfortable in the GTR then the Z.

Reserve drivers:
kolden76/sersjanten90

Reserve drivers:
kolden76/sersjanten90

...still no 1:36's in the Calsonic GTR:nervous:

I did try the Nismo Z, the Eneos Lexus and the YellowHat Supra. IN ALL of them I was able to hit 1:36 or better with the default set up and all three were under the HP limit!!!:scared:

Does anyone have any luck running these GTR's quick? If so could you let me in on the secret? thanks:)

Honestly, My GTR's dead stock have always murdered all the cars you mentioned. So I'm guessing its just a driving style or mis-directed setup on the Calsonic. My suggestion, turn it back to default setup, maybe use a setting sheet you don't use normally so you can revert back if needed. From there you'll just want to take it one step at a time.

Here's some of my set-up tips:

1-Set Ride Height
2-Set Spring Rates
3-Set Roll Bars
4-Set Diff
5-Set Dampeners
6-Set Camber/Toe
7-Set Trans

One thing to note about GT5 is, to feel the overall change in balance the game likes to see a differential from front to rear. For example, an understeering car should start with a ride where the rear is lower than the front, 0 and -2. Same with the springs for understeering car, Front 15 kg and Rear 13.5 kg. The greater the difference between front to rear the more you feel it.

#. GTP I.D./PSN/ Car choice/

12.kolden76/sersjanten90 xanavi z 06

Reserve drivers:
? (This could be you!)

I'll update the driver list later today. Make your cars are fully broken in and set ro the exact specs outlined in post 3

After all the talk about the NSX's being favored at T1 tracks (Fuji) my runs suggest the higher HP cars like the Bandai and Eneos were significantly quicker. Oddly, the Epson NSX even with 530 Hp was still not as quick as the two Lexuses. I didn't expect that. I still need to play with the balance of my Takata NSX to see how close I can get to the faster laps in the two other cars.

The Eneos, Bandai, and Epson are all problem children. In that they're different than their sister-make cars in the game. They simply just don't corner as well as the other cars so they're given higher HP figures in order to keep up. They're quite tough to keep on the limit during a race, that's for sure, although they may seem faster in testing.

I was surprised last night to see how well my TOMS SC430 hung in there on Fuji during practice. I was a bit concerned thinking i would be way off the pace. But she did pretty good out there.

Back