DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

DA6righthand
I'm pumped for Saturday. Anyone wanna do some practice runs tonight? I'll log on around 9:30.

9:30 pm EST? If so post room number and I'll join.

The Eneos, Bandai, and Epson are all problem children. In that they're different than their sister-make cars in the game. They simply just don't corner as well as the other cars so they're given higher HP figures in order to keep up. They're quite tough to keep on the limit during a race, that's for sure, although they may seem faster in testing.

I do agree that they are the problem children of GT5 (including the Woodone GTR), but once you get them figured out (takes a lot of time) they are not too bad. Generally, they are still a couple of tenths slower per lap unrestricted, but in the PURE specs they are right up there provided the track suits that style of car. I'm just saying they surprised me and they are surely not an under-dog at Fuji.

Another car that surprised me was the Nismo Z. I thought it would be a little off the pace at Fuji, but it turned out to be quite well suited.

Yeah the Woodone is not even a proper race car in my opinion. Just a horrible horrible machine.

And yes, it took quite a long time to get the others up to par. And yes they do open up nicely on T1 tracks.

The Z's a good all rounder, but the NSX's truly dominate Fuji because of the massive front straight.

What are the specs for the Woodone? I looked at a couple of the threads and didn't see anything listed for it.

**EDIT

Disregard... found them.

Nissan WOODONE ADVAN CLARION GT-R
Bhp: 522
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 93,8%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

What are the specs for the Woodone? I looked at a couple of the threads and didn't see anything listed for it.

**EDIT

Disregard... found them.

Not sure at all these are the correct PURE specs for the WOODONE..

We banned it, but we did have a spec for it, and it was at 609-610 PP, and BHP was 540ish..

Eddie?

Z Crazy

**EDIT

Disregard... found them.

I copy/pasted from Denilson's thread and he didn't have the values enter so I just left it as is.

Yeah, the car's just banned as it's impossible to race on anything but a flat-straight track.

Ok, that makes sense... I got those from the Intercontinental GT500 Championship (ErikAndre71) and its just a PURE Sponsored championship. He might have filled the blanks with his own info.

Oh yeah, I knew they sounded familiar. Yeah, the spec's are slightly modified in IGTC to meet their needs for their pre-race inspection system.

BTW, I've got mine going pretty good. No major complaints. Once you get the Diff sorted and give it an NSX type setup its work very well. I especially like to use it in rooms that have a 600 pp limit where everyone is running NSXs. PD granted it as the only GTR that can match Lexus hp output at the same pp. Granted its not a fast as others it gets along pretty well.

Yes, I defenetly like the WOODONE, and I also think that by finding the right setup, it can be an ok car to drive.. I'd love to tame it, and I'm going to try hard from now and a couple of mounths forth.

We're probably launching the next SuperGT Championship in August, so by then, I aim to have the WOODONE sorted.. I hope.. :scared: :lol:

The key is the NSX ride heights and Spring Rates. It gets along quite well at Mazda Raceway especially the uphill kink that unsettles most cars. I'm not gonna lie to you and say I'd use it if I needed every ounce of speed my car had to offer though.

I'm pretty clear about the NSX (Been driving it frequently since October), and how to tune it. As you say, RH is very important. Especially to help to even out the tire wear. And LSD, Rear Toe, Camber and ARB's are very important to get right as well if you want to cure the natural oversteer.

The WOODONE is another story.. Tune it like an NSX works sometimes, but sometimes it does'nt.. It's really hard to find a good tune for the WOODONE GT-R.. But as I said, I'm def giving it a serious shot these next couple of mounths. 👍

I should also say I changed the way I drive it as well. Sometimes the cars require you to change more than what you change on them. It's very important not to downshift too quickly in it.

Good luck with your tuning though.

Well instead of worrying about changing your downshifting you should instead trying reducing the LSD braking value. That would help a bit as well. Check out the tuning guide that Denilson posted in the OP of the JGTS thread.

I should also say I changed the way I drive it as well. Sometimes the cars require you to change more than what you change on them. It's very important not to downshift too quickly in it.

Good luck with your tuning though.

Different cars need different driving styles, for sure. The NSX and a GT-R or SC430 are pretty different to drive.

There's no way you can drive the NSX the way you drive a GT-R..
Cornering are very different..

Sometimes, during this last PURE JGTS season, I could really see how man GT-R drivers behind me was, when I breaked so early, and me entry speed was much slower (initally). I had to point the nose in the right direction.. But after that, it was like a slingshot out of the corners.. So slow entry, fast exit for the NSX, while the GT-R can enter the corner faster, keep the speed thru the turn better, and accelarate out, but with less acceleration in most cases compared to the NSX..

These differences are awesome imo. 👍

Yea, Eddie, here they are..

NOTE: I'm running even lower deceleration numbers now.. In most cases as low as it gets..

Honda TAKATA DOME NSX: 2
DF: 40 / 65
GR: Depending on track
LSD: 8 / 14 / 5
CAM: 2,2 / 1,6
TOE: -0,06 / -0,04
RH: -10 / 0
SR: 14,8 / 15,8
EXT: 7 / 8
COM: 7 / 8
ARB: 4 / 4
BB: 5 / 4

Monza: 1:44.9XX
Monaco: 1:31.9XX
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 5 / 18 / 5
CAM: 2,2 / 1,8
TOE: -0,06 / -0,07
SR: 14,8 / 14,8
ARB: 3 / 4
BB: 5 / 4

Monza: 1:44.9XX
Monaco: 1:31.7XX (Super lap)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honda EPSON NSX:
LSD: 8 / 12 / 5
CAM: 2,2 / 1,7
TOE: -0,06 / -0,04
SR: 13,8 / 14,8
ARB: 4 / 4
BB: 5 / 3

Monza: 1:44,9XX

Last edited:
For the ARTA I tune out the oversteer with ride height. I also turned the brake bias down in the rear and it helped a lot with tire wear for me. I think I have it set at 5 front 3 rear.

Amphibious, check your PM's

Edit: Fo reel Amphibious, check your PM's and/or your psn mail. I'll resend my last pm if you didn't get it.

Last edited:
1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
3. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motile Autech GTR 08
4. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
5. boshuter/boshuter/Lexus Bandai Direzza SC430 '06
6. freshseth83/TF-110B/Nissan Stealth GT500 GTR '08
7. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Honda Raybrig NSX 06
8. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
9. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda Stealth NSX '08
10. Scorpion0001/ScorpionPHVH Nissan Calsonic Impul '08
11. OwensRacing/OwensRacing/Nissan Xanavi GTR '08
12.kolden76/sersjanten90/Nissan Xanavi Z '06
13. koleen/sankolsan/Nissan Xanavi GTR 08

Reserve drivers:
1. Denilson

1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
3. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motile Autech GTR 08
4. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
5. boshuter/boshuter/Lexus Bandai Direzza SC430 '06
6. freshseth83/TF-110B/Nissan Stealth GT500 GTR '08
7. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Honda Raybrig NSX 06
8. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
9. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda Stealth NSX '08
10. Scorpion0001/ScorpionPHVH Nissan Calsonic Impul '08
11. OwensRacing/OwensRacing/Nissan Xanavi GTR '08
12.kolden76/sersjanten90/Nissan Xanavi Z '06
13. koleen/sankolsan/Honda Epson NSX'08

Reserve drivers:
1. Denilson

Last edited:
Great tuning session last night.

Boy if I didn't miss the GTR's exhaust note and over all feel. I'd be driving that Yellow Hat Supra. Beast of a car.

As well the EPSON is a rocket ship!!! It's brutal on tires with its power. Just note that when tuning. It has enough speed and power you can sacrifice for tire wear in the tune.

NSX/Supra gonna be extremely hard to beat here.

Good racing last night Owens, yeah the Epson was fast, but I overdrove it an killed the tires (not the car's fault). I still think the high hp Lexuses have a pace advantage but the Supra and NSX definately have a top speed advantage.

Back