DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

The LFA SGT might be 2013, this year it's still the SC430's.

The news is for 2012 the GT500's will receive an 8% INCREASE in HP. So around 540-550hp. Fuji testing was cancelled yesterday because of snow. Hopefully today the weather clears.

Mt. Fuji 150km GT is tomorrow. Newer guys not used to how this series is ran, read this post and make sure you know what's going. If you're confused, ask me a question here, not during pp/weight check in's. So here's a few tidbits everyone should know:

PIT ENTRY
-The pit entrance to Fuji is a bit tricky. I expect everyone to NOT just haul a** into pit lane and let the game reset your car and do it for you. Follow the white line for pit lane. We don't cut corners on the rest of the track and I consider pit lane to be part of the track. Stay off the red/brown painted area and keep on the black/grey asphalt. Make sure to practice braking for pit lane a few times, on worn tires, so you don't make a mistake on race day.

QUALIFYING
-New guys, if you aren't acquainted with how we all enter the course before qualifying, read POST #2 to read how we all enter. Think of it as a form of tech inspection to make sure everyone is at the right specs.
-If you show up late for pp/weight check in, you are penalized with starting last.
-When we get ready to enter the track, I'll set the performance points to 606. At that time (you should know your specs) enter the track when you're able to. At 606, the NSX's (arta/Takata/Stealth/Raybrig) can all enter. You don't need me to give you the go ahead to enter. Once I bump the performance points to 607, if your car is at 607pp (Xanavi/Autech/EPSON), enter the track.
-At the end of the PP check in's, you don't need to exit the track. When it's time to enter by weight, I'll set the limit to 1130kg. Cars under the 1130kg limit will be booted from the track and all the cars at and above 1130kg will be unaffected and need to just stay put in pit lane. I'll lower the limit to 1100kg for the rest of the cars and they can enter as soon as they're able to.
-We will qualify in the same way we did last weekend. awr117 (redrobin347) will check the order when qualifying is over and announce the order. While he is doing so, please do NOT type/text anything until the full grid has been announced.
-Remember, qualify on whatever tires you plan on running on your first stint. No mixed sets either. Run all softs, all mediums, or all hards.

PRE-RACE
-Pole sitter manages the pace lap. When you (whoever you are) comes out of the first turn, keep your speed at 60mph! Keep it at 60mph until the start/finish line before accelerating. Once you get there, go.
-Everyone else, stay 3 car lengths apart! The front straight is plenty long enough for all cars to get positioned 3 lengths apart. Start accelerating when the car ahead of you accelerates.

RACE
-We all like a clean race, no doubt there. So be patient and don't force a pass in the twisties that could be made much easier on a more open section of the track (i.e. the front straight).
-There will be no penalties ran Saturday. I'll be reviewing the replay to watch if anyone is abusing the wide runoff areas. If you watch a fellow driver cut corners or drive outside the main track surface and into the run off area's PM me with what lap(s) this happened on with who and I'll review it.

EDIT**: Points chart was added to post 1. I'm almost 100% sure everything is right but if you feel I made a mistake please PM me and let me know.

Last edited:
Would you guys like for me to take a few extra minutes to announce everyones qualifying times as well while i am listing the grid order?

awr117
Would you guys like for me to take a few extra minutes to announce everyones qualifying times as well while i am listing the grid order?

You don't have to. It'll just prolong things for you typing everything out. I'll leave that up to you if you think it can be typed quick.

Edit: Sorry guys I can't log on and practice yet tonight. Got homework to finish before I can.

Last edited:
#. GTP I.D./PSN/ Car choice/

1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
3. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motile Autech GTR 08
4. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Nissan YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R '08
5. boshuter/boshuter/Lexus Bandai Direzza SC430 '06
6. freshseth83/TF-110B/Nissan Stealth GT500 GTR '08
7. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Honda Raybrig NSX 06
8. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
9. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda Stealth NSX '08
10. Scorpion0001/ScorpionPHVH Nissan Calsonic Impul '08
11. OwensRacing/OwensRacing/Nissan Xanavi GTR '08
12.kolden76/sersjanten90/Nissan Xanavi Z '06
13. koleen/sankolsan/Honda Epson '08
14. Toyotsupra/Toyotsupra/Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra

Reserve drivers:
1. Denilson

Last edited:
Very strange lag. You guys all were stopped where you had went of the road.

I almost thought it was a bad joke for minute. I too to stopped and typed then took off. Went around again you was all sitting still, I typed again. Took off and said well maybe they all quit cause the big crash and lag being complained about at start. Which needed addressed caused me some serious head ache as you can see.

Here is a video of what was being seen and the lag after resetting my entire net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2y9olv3nPA

Fwiw I have a good BroadBand and GT5 says Very High when making rooms. Not sure if this is on my end or someone else. I have went Port Forwarded and DMZ'd already too.

Is the two Norway racers in the same house? Both were lagging hard. However they wasn't the only ones in the video skipping all over.

Last edited:
Very strange lag. You guys all were stopped where you had went of the road.

I almost thought it was a bad joke for minute. I too to stopped and typed then took off. Went around again you was all sitting still, I typed again. Took off and said well maybe they all quit cause the big crash and lag being complained about at start. Which needed addressed caused me some serious head ache as you can see.

Here is a video of what was being seen and the lag after resetting my entire net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2y9olv3nPA

Fwiw I have a good BroadBand and GT5 says Very High when making rooms. Not sure if this is on my end or someone else. I have went Port Forwarded and DMZ'd already too.

Is the two Norway racers in the same house? Both were lagging hard. However they wasn't the only ones in the video skipping all over.

Thats insanely weird Owens Atleast i won the race go team Supra 👍

I was behind Robbie on the warm up lap. His car was jumping all over the screen. I couldn't tell if he was going or not at the line. Next thing i know i am being hit from the rear and spinning before i could even go full throttle at the start. Get the car back on line and fall from 5th to 12th. Get to turn 3 to see the guy infront of me hit the grass and dart infront of me which causes me to spin. Now in last and 30 seconds behind the leader after turn 3 of lap 1. I somehow finish 4th.

Lag was horrible for this one 👎

awr117
I was behind Robbie on the warm up lap. His car was jumping all over the screen. I couldn't tell if he was going or not at the line. Next thing i know i am being hit from the rear and spinning before i could even go full throttle at the start. Get the car back on line and fall from 5th to 12th. Get to turn 3 to see the guy infront of me hit the grass and dart infront of me which causes me to spin. Now in last and 30 seconds behind the leader after turn 3 of lap 1. I somehow finish 4th.

Lag was horrible for this one 👎

Really should be redone.

Just a nightmare of a start. I don't fault the guy that hit me at the start. It was caused from the lag. I do think we need to work on the 3 car gap rule at the beginning though. Frustrated, felt i had a good car for the race :ill:

awr117
Just a nightmare of a start. I don't fault the guy that hit me at the start. It was caused from the lag. I do think we need to work on the 3 car gap rule at the beginning though. Frustrated, felt i had a good car for the race :ill:

Yea I was pretty sure I had the win one today. GT5 thought differently. Supra had that Fast lap but it was with a hundredths of mine. He had cooked his tires in a short stint trying to get that time. ;) I was still looking at 8-9 lap stints. Meh the sorest part is time invested during the week to prep for nothing.

Did you guys not see my typing?

It's was before one lap completed. :(

Yes, i saw it. But i can't type and drive at the same time haha. I spent probably 15 hours this week preparing for the race :yuck:

awr117
Yes, i saw it. But i can't type and drive at the same time haha. I spent probably 15 hours this week preparing for the race :yuck:

I wonder if I was on everyone else's screen?

I got hit in the rear after the sweeping right going into the hard left there. After turn 3 or 4. Anyway that's when it seems like a pile up happened, however I was Gone Didn't see anyone behind me and wondering what was going on. Come around and that's when I seen what you sen in video. Cars littered on the track.

DA? I think you ran into me. What happen on your end?

OwensRacing
DA? I think you ran into me. What happen on your end?

On my end, I never hit anyone. You just disappeared in front of me. I figured you got disconnected. But as I now know, that was not the case.

DA6righthand
On my end, I never hit anyone. You just disappeared in front of me. I figured you got disconnected. But as I now know, that was not the case.

Very odd game.

Some pictures showing lag during warm up lap

driving sideways?

My Start

Last edited:
awr117
Some pictures showing lag during warm up lap

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/fujispeedwayfb.jpg/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ugh. I skimmed through the replay and saw plenty lag.

Edit: I'll announce adjustments in the next 24 hours about what I'm going to do to about the lag. I'm disappointed about todays race. Ticks me off.

Reedit: I watch your start awr, lag got the best of that. Its unacceptable nonetheless. I'll do everything I can to ensure laglessness for the other races.

Last edited:
What a strange race. At least I got into the 34's- had the fastest lap with a 1:34.4 during my 2nd stint. I was flying! I don't think I've ever done a lap that good in a SuperGT car. I started last and I sat back and watched the lag take place. It was nuts. The 12th and 11th place guys were going all over the place. Then others started jumping all over as well. The weirdest incident was with the YellowHat GTR. We were on the straight and he was drafting me, he pulled beside me before the finish line, then fell back behind me again to draft more. After the finish line he pulled back out and I guess he thought he passed me but he bumped into me, then hit me again and we both smashed the wall. That was the weirdest race ever. I was doing good 35's and 36's then all of a sudden hit a wall and dropped to 39's? From one lap to the next the tires lost almost all their grip. I tried mediums and it was the same, but just one lap further.

I believe that we can all agree Saturday's race went anything but well. Lag got the best of us. Here's what I can recommend to individually make your race better, as well as keep others from dealing with your car acting abnormally on the track (i.e. driving sideways, jerking from side to side):

-clear your cache in the option menu before logging in to the race room (this should be done before every race)
-turn off other wireless devices in your house

I decided also took a few steps to make this series bearable to everyone. It's not what I want to do but it's for the good of the group.

This Saturday, we will all participate in a 5 lap race before the main event and drivers will be asked to leave based on 2 conditions if lag is an issue:
1. drivers outside the U.S. will be asked to leave in the order of when they signed up starting from the bottom and working our way up the driver list or
2. if the foreign drivers car is acting incredibly erratic and is an obstacle for other drivers.

The overall distance of the Monza race will be slightly reduced to compensate for the 5 lap trial race. There will be no qualifying for this 5 lap race. We will all enter the track and start the race and I'll determine what to do. There will be a standing start, no pace lap.

My conclusion is that the majority of issues came from cars outside the U.S. and didn't drive normally. While this is nobodies fault, the physical distances between us all can cause issues which I prefer to not deal with. I apologize to the non-U.S. drivers but it's the best solution I can think of for the group. I've already removed 2 drivers from the list as of now.

Thanks
DA

Good call DA! 👍

Crystal clear judgements!

Hope race 2 will work out better.

I think I'll do better if I get to qualify (on time). The first lap I did was a 1:35.7 @Fuji, so I think I'd have qualified in the top 5 if I had the chance to get another lap in or if my time was counted. I like Monza though, so I think I'll be having a strong race there.

freshseth83
I think I'll do better if I get to qualify (on time). The first lap I did was a 1:35.7 @Fuji, so I think I'd have qualified in the top 5 if I had the chance to get another lap in or if my time was counted. I like Monza though, so I think I'll be having a strong race there.

Everyone needs to be sure you're on time this time though! I'm not letting someone race if they're late for pp and weight check ins. It's not fair to everyone and doesn't validate doing these check ins anyways. I think of it this way; if Kyle Busch shows up late for tech inspection for the Daytona 500, I'm sure NASCAR wont let him race.

AllinWitJT
Good call DA. Unfortunate, but rational.

Thanks JT. Trying my best.

I told you I had to take care of my kid, which was the only reason I was late. I have no reason to cheat. I don't even use the TF_110B account that often. And I don't use the Stealth GTR for anything but this series. So it never changes settings. The only thing I do when I come in the room of yours is change the tires between softs and mediums.

Latest Posts

Back