DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

Definately need short cuts penalties here, someone could rip off 2-3 sec's a lap otherwise. Also, the penalties here require you to really get in the green stuff, unlike Fuji where tires on the curb is too much.

Z Crazy
Definately need short cuts penalties here, someone could rip off 2-3 sec's a lap otherwise. Also, the penalties here require you to really get in the green stuff, unlike Fuji where tires on the curb is too much.

We are to keep two tires on the red and white curb though right?

I dont mind penalties on it keeps people honest, also it dosen't penalize you for getting on a curb. Also if you getting a penalty for passing someone stop hitting the person your trying to pass.

ToyotSupra, congrats on back to back wins. Well played and nice driving 👍

Ditto. He misses round 1 but yet is still a points front-runner. Good drive Toyotsupra.

Edit: Here's some pics from round 1. I finally got around to uploading them. I'll be taking some pics of today's race some time tonight and I'll upload them tomorrow.

Pace lap:
SuperGTTokyo246001.jpg

Green flag:
SuperGTTokyo246006.jpg

Mid-race action:
SuperGTTokyo246002.jpg

SuperGTTokyo246003.jpg

SuperGTTokyo246005.jpg

SuperGTTokyo246004.jpg

Last edited:
That was a good race, I just made a big error adding softs for the 2nd stint, instead of mediums. The softs lasted pretty good, but 3 laps too short. The mediums would have made it to the end. I think I would have won the race but I was being anxious trying to keep pace. Good race though. Suzuka should suit my car more without having the high top speeds of Monza.

freshseth83
That was a good race, I just made a big error adding softs for the 2nd stint, instead of mediums. The softs lasted pretty good, but 3 laps too short. The mediums would have made it to the end. I think I would have won the race but I was being anxious trying to keep pace. Good race though. Suzuka should suit my car more without having the high top speeds of Monza.

Shoulda woulda Coulda.... I would've been a contender had I ran the whole ran like I did my last stint. I'll be aiming for a podium finish at Suzuka as it's oneof of my better tracks. I'll be working on a good setup this race. Shooting for averaging low 55's or high 54's. I know that's possible and Z-crazy will be running around those times. But tires, I believe, will play a big role at Suzuka because it eats tires very fast.

And yes, it was a good race if you forget the disconnection. I do apologize to everyone about that. It's the downfall of fixed host. Too bad its not failsafe.

I had a fun run today, especially compared to last weekend. Apart from my crap driving in the beginning, the race seemed clean. Seth, I was a bit nervous when you came out of the pits near the end. I was concentrating on catching Owens and was like, oh great, now I'll have someone catching me from behind.

Last edited:
I'm ready for a twisty track with short straights! Allow my car to shine! k, i might be drunk...

I was happy with my 3rd place finish as my car wasn't very strong during my practice rounds. I had no choice but to convert to a 1 pit stop strategy. I missed my braking point on the final lap. But i am pretty sure Supra would have caught me anyways.

By the way, nice pictures.

Last edited:
awr117
I'm ready for a twisty track with short straights! Allow my car to shine! k, i might be drunk....

Lol, Saturday is usually good for brewskis.

And I feel Suzuka will be a really close race. Hopefully it wont be too close because that means traffic and traffic can lead to mistakes, crashes, etc...

Lol, Saturday is usually good for brewskis.

And I feel Suzuka will be a really close race. Hopefully it wont be too close because that means traffic and traffic can lead to mistakes, crashes, etc...

I've probably turned over 1,000 laps on Suzuka and the bottom line is, we just don't get along. I'll have to put in plenty of wheel time this week for Saturdays race.

I think I might be able to do well here at Suzuka. If I can get a good clean race it will be possible to win. The track is tricky with the lack of run-off areas.

freshseth83
I think I might be able to do well here at Suzuka. If I can get a good clean race it will be possible to win. The track is tricky with the lack of run-off areas.

Hoping I can stay in your draft. LoL

I'm going to try for a 1:54, if I can get that I think that'll be pretty good for pole. I found a new setup for the car that really helps with turn in.

freshseth83
I'm going to try for a 1:54, if I can get that I think that'll be pretty good for pole. I found a new setup for the car that really helps with turn in.

I could use something to help nut I'm not sure what it is yet.

I've got a lot of pictures I'll be posting. Found a spot at Monza that is.super perfect for pics...

See how a track with turns treats you. ;)

I'll struggle with tire wear.

Here's the pictures I took from yesterday's race. There's one of each car. I found that the first turn after the second chicane was a nice spot to get pictures of everyone.

Pace:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

Green Flag!

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

Early action:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_22.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_24.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_26.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_27.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_13.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_20.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

Individual pics:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_31.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_29.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_30.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_28.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_33.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_32.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_35.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_34.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_36.jpg

i know last week we had issues with the pace lap and distances between cars so i decided to show a few examples:

This is 3 car lengths. I like:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_16.jpg

Now this is too much. It's a lil bit more than 3 car lengths:
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_15.jpg

Now were talking. This is better. Way to go me:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_14.jpg

Too close. This isn't a minimum of 2 lengths apart. It's more like 1.5 lengths:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_17.jpg

Last edited:
DA6righthand
Thanks. It took me a while to transfer all of them from ps3 to computer. There's still quite a few pics I'd like to take because all of those pics were within the first couple laps.

Kinda of a work around but you can only snag six at a time. Use tue share feature and log into GT's website. You can view your favorite pics and then save them from there. ;)

OwensRacing
Kinda of a work around but you can only snag six at a time. Use tue share feature and log into GT's website. You can view your favorite pics and then save them from there. ;)

It decreases quality super hardcore

I took some pictures as well. Hope you don't mind me sharing.

Final lap battles for 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Heavy on the throttle. It was worth a shot 👍

Winner!

OwensRacing
See how a track with turns treats you. ;)

Could be completely different story I suspect the NSX and Petronas to be up there around Suzuki :tup

Edit: great photos guys really good :tup

Well, this picture-

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_15.jpg

shows that I was left behind before the start line. I'm not sure where 'GO' was supposed to be at, but I thought it was at the Start/Finish line. It seemed the top two guys left way before that. So maybe they left at the start of the pits? Was that where we were supposed to 'go'?

I don't mind anybody sharing pics! I'll be taking a few more because there were some close calls I had that are picture-worthy. Anyone wanting to post pics should feel free to!

I like that shot of Z and Owens coming down that straight under the bridge...looks awesome. Great set of pics awr!

Last edited:
freshseth83
Well, this picture-

shows that I was left behind before the start line. I'm not sure where 'GO' was supposed to be at, but I thought it was at the Start/Finish line. It seemed the top two guys left way before that. So maybe they left at the start of the pits? Was that where we were supposed to 'go'?

I just showed the pic as an example of distance between cars. Toyotsupra either jumped or you dropped the ball, either way it wasnt the point I wanted to make. Just an example ....

I noticed on the replay a lot of people were hesitant when the race went green.

I wasn't putting into question the distance. I was showing you that I got left behind because I think the top two guys jumped the start. At least I thought they did because I was under the assumption we were to go at the start/finish line? You can tell me I was wrong or right, it'll clear things up for the next race. Plus you made the rule that no one can pass until after the first chicane.

Back