DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

Machinist/Fabricator - now run CNC shop

I haven't seen the tractor myself. LoL there is talk of designing and machining a chassis that could be sold. As of now nothing out there in kit form.

Do you guys use Mastercam? I was doing some cnc programming for a small company here and they used Bobcad. Most other cnc shops in our area use Mastercam, and I'm probably going to be learning it soon.

Hi guys! I hope you're having a nice championship going! 👍

At the moment, I dedicate my (modest) GT5 time to some serious testing to prepare a series thing I'm working on..

I was just going to pop my head in and ask how things are working out, and if the car specs is up to par with your expectations?

cheers

Hard to tell right now. But i'd say the cars are pretty even. We'll know come season end once we get some tracks in with shorter straights.

Regardless, it's a lot of fun and that's all that really matters to me.

boshuter
Do you guys use Mastercam? I was doing some cnc programming for a small company here and they used Bobcad. Most other cnc shops in our area use Mastercam, and I'm probably going to be learning it soon.

Yes. We have Mill Level 1 and Lathe/Turning. Like to jump up to Level 3 full 3D profiling.

awr117
I'd love to see a DLC pack with GT500 & GT300 cars

We probably wont get that but yes, it would be awesome.

freshseth83
Just got to the 1:54s for a fast lap yesterday. Hope to repeat that tomorrow.

I'm hoping to do the same. I'll be practicing soon. Classes were canceled so I have more time :-)

I fully expect a 54.xx will be needed to get in the running for the pole.

Agreed. I haven't gotten there yet but maybe I'll one outta no where for tomorrow. Fasteset so far is a 55.4xx but I was eating tires pretty good. I started messing with my setup some and found a bit stiffer suspension helps.

I'll be logging on in an hour roughly to practice for anyone that's interested.

DA6righthand
Agreed. I haven't gotten there yet but maybe I'll one outta no where for tomorrow. Fasteset so far is a 55.4xx but I was eating tires pretty good. I started messing with my setup some and found a bit stiffer suspension helps.

I'll be logging on in an hour roughly to practice for anyone that's interested.

I've got a race at 9pm EST roughly an hour. If you guys are on around 10pm EST. will be looking to dial my hot rod in.

Tomorrow's race is at Suzuka. Who will own the twisty track? Toyotsupra in the hunt for yet another win?

I will be on tomorrow practicing before the race. My lounge will be available until 3:00p.m. EST at which point I'll open up the open lobby race room.

Suzuka.gif

Here's a few things everyone needs to know for Suzuka:

Track Boundaries:
-I prefer to run no penalties at Suzuka. There's 2 corners I'm concerned about: 130R and the CASIO Triangle. Do not run wide on 130R because if I feel you've abused the runoff area, penalties will ensue. As for CASIO, keep 2 tires on black asphalt! Simple!

Qualifying:
-Everything will be ran as it did last week (aside from the disconnect)

PACE:
-This is not rocket science. Pole sitter NEEDS to accelerate to 60mph as soon as they exit the CASIO Triangle! No more, no less. 60mph.
-DO NOT think it's your job to bunch the field back up! Cruise at 60mph and start accelerating at the start/finish line. Don't hesitate thinking you jumped if it seems you left the field in the dust! It's the rest of the fields job to be 3 car lengths apart from each other cruising at 60mph. As long as the pole sitter isn't going any faster than 60mph and starts the race at the start/finish line, they've followed the rules and done everything right.
-NO WARMING TIRES ON THE FRONT STRAIGHTAWAY AFTER CASIO TRIANGLE. You can warm tires on the pace lap before CASIO Triangle, but not after!
-For the rest of the field, follow the car ahead of you with 3 car lengths between both of you. Once you see/hear them accelerate, GO!

RACE:
-As always, keep it clean fellas. We have thus far, so let's not change that.
-Do not put yourself in a position to cause an accident between you and another car. There's enough straights and drafting opportunities to pass another car and not risk a mess in a sandtrap. Sandtraps take a bit to drive out of...and every second counts, duh.
-Remember to go over the tire policies and be sure to not mistakenly run a mixed set of tire compounds!

POST-RACE:
-After the race, I ask that everyone goes straight to race results and saves the replay!
-I'll be exiting the open lobby and going to my lounge where we can discuss the race there. With fixed host, the lobby closes when I exit so save those replays
-Remember, if you have an incident with someone or think they broke the rules, please notify me by PM here on GTP or by PSN mail.
-There's a 24 hour window I'll be accepting incident reports and any time after 24 hours of the end of th race, I will not accept any reports of anything. So watch replay's, notify me if necessary, and we'll move on from there.

THE PENALTY SYSTEM IS POSTED AT THE END OF POST #2

DA6righthand
PACE:
-This is not rocket science. Pole sitter NEEDS to accelerate to 60mph as soon as they exit the CASIO Triangle! No more, no less. 60mph.
-DO NOT think it's your job to bunch the field back up! Cruise at 60mph and start accelerating at the start/finish line. Don't hesitate thinking you jumped if it seems you left the field in the dust! It's the rest of the fields job to be 3 car lengths apart from each other cruising at 60mph. As long as the pole sitter isn't going any faster than 60mph and starts the race at the start/finish line, they've followed the rules and done everything right.
-NO WARMING TIRES ON THE FRONT STRAIGHTAWAY AFTER CASIO TRIANGLE. You can warm tires on the pace lap before CASIO Triangle, but not after!
-For the rest of the field, follow the car ahead of you with 3 car lengths between both of you. Once you see/hear them accelerate, GO!

I like.

I like the track map. I need to be careful on Spoon. I've seemed to spin there more than any other area of the track. Should be a good race.

Don't worry, if you go to far off at 130R, you'll hit the green strips and those will more than likely ruin your lap if you're not spinning. Casio triangle is slippery as well.

awr117
I like the track map. I need to be careful on Spoon. I've seemed to spin there more than any other area of the track. Should be a good race.

I seem to spin there every now and then but not as often as I do in other places

freshseth83
Don't worry, if you go to far off at 130R, you'll hit the green strips and those will more than likely ruin your lap if you're not spinning. Casio triangle is slippery as well.

I have a problem with 130R too often. Seems like one of the simplest turns but I find it hard to hit the apex just right. I'm either too late, too early, too wide, or entering too fast.

I have a problem with 130R too often. Seems like one of the simplest turns but I find it hard to hit the apex just right. I'm either too late, too early, too wide, or entering too fast.

I've found a few different ways of attacking 130R. I have the option of taking it in 6th gear with a quick lift of the throttle before entering the turn. I can then go full throttle during and exiting the turn. I will sometimes also downshift into 5th with heel / toe and throttle out of the turn.

My first option is probable .300 quicker. But there is room for trouble. Dropping into 5th seems to be my safer option.

awr117
I've found a few different ways of attacking 130R. I have the option of taking it in 6th gear with a quick lift of the throttle before entering the turn. I can then go full throttle during and exiting the turn. I will sometimes also downshift into 5th with heel / toe and throttle out of the turn.

My first option is probable .300 quicker. But there is room for trouble. Dropping into 5th seems to be my safer option.

I have been lifting in the beginning of the stint and tapping the brakes at the end of the stint. Or at least trying to...

If anyone's interested, I'll be in my lounge until race rime practicing.

DA6righthand
I have been lifting in the beginning of the stint and tapping the brakes at the end of the stint. Or at least trying to...

If anyone's interested, I'll be in my lounge until race rime practicing.

You in now?

Headed to town for some lunch and stuff. Be in the ASAP upon return.

Edit:

I'm out of this series.

Not enjoying myself. It's time to go.

Last edited:
Owens I apologize that we had an incident, but it really wasn't a bad pass. And I don't appreciate you saying I am a dirty driver. I took a bunch of pictures and from them I know I gave you room. I went all the way to the curbing on the exit of the hairpin and you got into the left rear of me making me wiggle which made me hit you. You had plenty of space to just let up and go up the inside of me, underneath me. I'll post the pictures up later tonight. And some others from the race.

Just a few pictures from the race today. These were taken during the first lap under green.

That's just funny. Haha...wonder if it's a cigarette sponsor?

All those pics were before my numerous crashes. Felt like a total hack.

Anyone that has a complaint or issue with another driver, I ask that you keep it to PM and not post in the thread or during the race.

Lol Seth. Thanks for getting some pics of one of my many screw ups.

Who in this series has a solid wired internet connection? Preferably NAT1.

Hey Seth, I don't think it was dirty, but if I was on the receiving side of that hit I wouldn't have been happy either. I think it was a case of a lag-bomb and an aggressive move and it all came together at a bad time. I can see why he may have thought you rammed him.

Racing with you guys for a few races, I don't think there is anyone in the room who is dirty (or even close to dirty). But lag gave that move the impression of a dirty hit.

DA, from the pics it looked like you had an eventful race :nervous:, lol

Back