DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

Z Crazy
DA, from the pics it looked like you had an eventful race :nervous:, lol

It was an aggravating race for me. Wasn't having a very good day to boot so it just added to the frustration. I'd really like a good finish at La Sarthe.

Hey Seth, I don't think it was dirty, but if I was on the receiving side of that hit I wouldn't have been happy either. I think it was a case of a lag-bomb and an aggressive move and it all came together at a bad time. I can see why he may have thought you rammed him.

Racing with you guys for a few races, I don't think there is anyone in the room who is dirty (or even close to dirty). But lag gave that move the impression of a dirty hit.

DA, from the pics it looked like you had an eventful race :nervous:, lol

I didn't 'ram him'. I went up the inside on the hairpin and went out wide. He started braking early so I braked later and took the corner in that way. I gave him enough room but he went to the outside of the corner as well, ended up almost spinning me, which made me hit him and push him to the left. Seemed there was some lag though.

Who in this series has a solid wired internet connection? Preferably NAT1.

Well GT5 shows that my NAT is 1, if that matters.

Seth, great pics. I liked the way you captured my only and biggest mistake. If it wasn`t for that I could have caught on Z-Crazy on the last laps.

Overall these series are great because non of you are playing dirty and it`s a big fun for me even thought i had 2 bad races.:sly:

my kid grabbed the controller on my best lap, and messed me up towards the end, so I couldn't get to the 54s like I wanted. The tires only give that good lap for once. So after you pit, your outlap then your hotlap are the only chance you get before the tires go off a little.

Last edited:
So the new rumor seems to be a possible showing of Bathurst. GT6 maybe? DLC would be sick!

Z, not sure how many times i pitted. My strategy was for 4 pit stops. But i gained more tire wear during the race compared to practice. So i may have stopped 5 times. Not really sure. I had a few offs but it wouldn't have mattered. I wasn't fast enough to keep up with you.

The NSX's are going to walk the next race as well. Unless tire wear is horrible for them. I think I may have something for them though. Just going to try and qualify well with what I want to go for in terms of strategy.

Can we get an update to the standings? I forgot the order of the finish. I just know I was 5th and Z won.

awr117
So the new rumor seems to be a possible showing of Bathurst. GT6 maybe? DLC would be sick!

C'mon, don't tease.

freshseth83
The NSX's are going to walk the next race as well. Unless tire wear is horrible for them. I think I may have something for them though. Just going to try and qualify well with what I want to go for in terms of strategy.

I can run a maximum of 7 laps on mediums. Rear tires wear really fast on the NSX's. I was being easy on it too.

I'll update everything here soon.

Going to have to see how things play out with the race. Not sure if I want to use mediums if I'm not on pace. Then again, softs may wear too fast. Lots of things to consider.

freshseth83
Going to have to see how things play out with the race. Not sure if I want to use mediums if I'm not on pace. Then again, softs may wear too fast. Lots of things to consider.

Imo, mediums are the way to go because softs just don't last long enough.

Starting tires will be the main deciding factor. Qualifying on softs is the best bet for a good grid position. But how will that play out during the first stint and the pit sequences? That's what you have to consider. So I'm going to keep my strategy open until I see how fast I can go on either tire. And I pray that you keep penalties off for this race. They are way too sensitive. Please consider this.

freshseth83
And I pray that you keep penalties off for this race. They are way too sensitive. Please consider this.

Considered.

Yes, they're sensitive BUT there's just too many short cutable areas that it's ridiculous not running penalties. Most of the courses will not be ran with penalties because I too, prefer no penalties.

Yes, it sucks with penalties but you're facing the same risks as everyone else. So don't put yourself in a situation where you could end up getting a penalty.

The NSX's and Supra will be strong here. I noticed at Suzuka that they had a good 5 -8 mph advantage on each of the longer straights. btw, my best time so far on softs is 3.54:XXX.

Curious to see how the mixture of tracks after this week works out for me. I do feel that Grand Valley will be much like Suzuka.

Last edited:
Sorry, but any penalties on at LeSarthe is just stupid. Even 'light penalties' is excessive. I've run on that track probably more than any other single track online thanks to being involved in LMP series. Not only do you get penalized for running wide (which happens at times), you get penalized if you overshoot a corner and have to drive back on track. At the end of the mulsanne straight, if you go too far and hit the dirt, you have to drive back through the dirt to get back on track. When you do this you get hit with a shortcut penalty. Your rules state two tires on track at all times yet if you go over a curb with only one tire you're also hit with a shortcut penalty. With such a long race, there's going to be incidents and overbraking. Having penalties on just ruins races for people who are trying to catch up but may make a mistake. Unless you think everyone will make the same mistake, or everyone will get hit with a shortcut penalty. Or if NO ONE gets a shortcut penalty. That's going to be a tough sell.

The only place that PD screwed up with the penalties on La Sarthe is at the chicanes on the back stretch. Not seeing a problem with the rest of the track. The penalties apply to everyone. So not sure how it would be a disadvantage.

Yeah, I'm with you Red... penalties are a little tough on this track (as they are on Fuji) but the possibility to run deep into a corner and make up seconds by driving through a gravel pit or painted area is just too great.

Z Crazy
but the possibility to run deep into a corner and make up seconds by driving through a gravel pit or painted area is just too great.

Exactly why I am using penalties.

I haven't done any practice at La Sarthe yet but 7 laps on Meds seems like alot. Where did you end up on Softs?

Interesting, 4 laps puts the Meds and Hards into play, depending on the time differential. My calcs say if the time difference is 3 sec's or less on Meds and 5 sec's or less on Hards is very close on all strategies.

Last edited:
Who drives through the gravel traps to gain speed? That's stupid and it ruins your tires. With penalties on you can't use the curbs, ever. With penalties on you also get penalized trying to drive back on track if you end up going off. Don't see how that is fun. I have a feeling when we race everyone will see what I'm talking about. If you just so happen to get into a slight incident with someone, you'll get penalized. IMO, they're for amateurs who don't know the layout. If we run with it I'm not going to protest it. But I still think we don't need them.

Back