DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

If you just so happen to get into a slight incident with someone, you'll get penalized.

Maybe i'm the only one that feels this way, but you should be penalized for an incident. Doesn't matter if it was your fault or not. I am still hoping for race ending crashes to be implemented into the GT series. But i have feeling that will never happen 👎

Sorry Seth, the penalties just define the track for those who push the limits. If you know you can go off somewhere you should take precautions to not go off. And yeah it sucks to get a penalty for a little mistake, but afterall... it was a mistake and on a race track you normally don't get away with those without paying a cost.

Personally, I love running full damage. It takes the banzai moves off the table and makes you drive the car as it is intended to be driven. However Red, if there were race ending crashes half the room would rage quit and there would be almost no one left to race.

Maybe i'm the only one that feels this way, but you should be penalized for an incident. Doesn't matter if it was your fault or not. I am still hoping for race ending crashes to be implemented into the GT series. But i have feeling that will never happen 👎

I like this idea also. If lag wasn't a concern I would've ran full damage. Also, since this is a new group of people, we don't know exactly how each of us drives so close racing could be risky.

Sorry Seth, the penalties just define the track for those who push the limits. If you know you can go off somewhere you should take precautions to not go off. And yeah it sucks to get a penalty for a little mistake, but afterall... it was a mistake and on a race track you normally don't get away with those without paying a cost.

Personally, I love running full damage. It takes the banzai moves off the table and makes you drive the car as it is intended to be driven. However Red, if there were race ending crashes half the room would rage quit and there would be almost no one left to race.

Full damage wouldn't have been my friend at Suzuka but then again, I probably would've driven much more cautious.

Everybody, I updated the points sheet and put a track map in the first post. I'll also be posting the pre-race post a day or two earlier, so just a heads up.

Sorry Z, but you're wrong. The track limits aren't defined by the penalty system. LMPs use the curbing, if you use it with penalties on, you're given a short cut penalty. This doesn't happen in real life. 'Slight incidents' to me mean touching someone on the rear bumper or getting side by side and accidentally rubbing cars- in which case you'll get a penalty for it. DA- you speak about lag, this will be even worse with the lag. We'll see how it goes. But I've experienced this in the LMP series and other series that I've run. Before the new penalty system was made in one of the recent updates, it wasn't so bad. But now it's ruined IMO. It isn't even the fact that people might come together that bothers me, it's the fact that if you run your tires over the curbing at all you're hit with a penalty. That's just wrong if you consider at LeMans the cars run the curbing with regularity. Do they get penalized though? That's my only gripe.

Your gripe is legit as you are correct regarding the pro drivers. They do place 2 tires beyond the curbing. I notice this mainly on the chicanes on the back straight that they do this. I did it too. Got a penalty and adjusted.

But i do understand your beef with the system. It is far from perfect.

Sorry man, You can't sell me on this one. If you drive within the limits of the track you'll be fine, if you don't you won't. Its very simple.

Been practicing with penalties on been runnin 3.55-54s. Some times I get a penalty for geting a tire on the curb some times I dont I just wish the system was 100% consistent rather than let you get on a curb some times and some times not. Over all though I agree with penalties on I will not be running any curbs so I have nothing to worry about.

As for as contact goes I know slight rubbing bumping is not illeagal, but if it happens at the wrong time it can and often dose lead to more severe accidents wich should be penalized. This would lead to a more cautious and polite driving style wich should be used by all league drivers imo.

Heavy damage in this game is a bit un realistic imo some times you can take slight contact and recieve suspension damage, then some times you can make hard cantact and recieve no damage. Also as far as race ending crashes go you can have them with heavy damage on. You dont get forced to the pit but I've had my last 4 races in a row ended (in my old sunday league) because of rude drivers causing me engine damage early on in the race ending any chance at a decent finish.

Sorry man, You can't sell me on this one. If you drive within the limits of the track you'll be fine, if you don't you won't. Its very simple.

Again, watch LeMans and you'll know that the 'track limits' you talk about don't exist. A lot of tracks have curbing and almost all forms of racing around the world use the curbing. With penalties on you can't ride the curbs? That's not realistic at all. That's not track limits. That's stupid penalty systems that are flawed. I'm not here to convince you, I'm telling the people in this forum how it is. If you watch real racing then you know what I'm saying. It's not even a big deal to me, but it is wrong.

freshseth83
Again, watch LeMans and you'll know that the 'track limits' you talk about don't exist. A lot of tracks have curbing and almost all forms of racing around the world use the curbing. With penalties on you can't ride the curbs? That's not realistic at all. That's not track limits. That's stupid penalty systems that are flawed. I'm not here to convince you, I'm telling the people in this forum how it is. If you watch real racing then you know what I'm saying. It's not even a big deal to me, but it is wrong.

Obviously it is a big deal. I don't think anyone is arguing you or saying you're wrong. The point is, although the penalties don't reflect the real race line, it's ok. We are all forced to adjust to a more conservative line. The possibilities to cut corners, run wide, etc, is too great to not run penalties. It eliminates the possibility.

The only reason we don't use the in-game penalty system in most of the events I've been in is because lapped cars become ghosts to the leaders, which is just lame.

But if setting them to light makes life easier in a series and you have to adapt a little to questionable lines then it's worth doing I suppose. I'd rather train up the drivers so we don't have to worry about it over time but this could do it as well.

So when Z said I was mistaken, that means I wasn't wrong? You're joking, right? I don't understand why you turn on penalties at one track, when at Monza there was the same issue presenting itself and you left penalties off. At least I'm asking for some consistency. If people really need to run over curbs completely to gain some sort of advantage, they don't need to race here. Your reasons are good, but they can be said at other tracks as well that you didn't apply them to. Spa and Monza are great examples. I'm not questioning your say. Just wondering what the reasoning is behind it? If everyone cuts it's the same as if everyone doesn't cut. But with the group we have seeming pretty honest, I don't see why someone would cut.

freshseth83
I didn't 'ram him'. I went up the inside on the hairpin and went out wide. He started braking early so I braked later and took the corner in that way. I gave him enough room but he went to the outside of the corner as well, ended up almost spinning me, which made me hit him and push him to the left. Seemed there was some lag though.

Just so you know. Lead car has corner rights and rights to his line of choice. You drove to deep. You made a mistake or maybe on purpose. Eitherway it was a dive bomb pass and you was out of control. Seems someone is weak to admit fault.

Eitherway Seth. I've seen you pull similar crap in other races. I was reserved even entering a series you was in.

After that lil stunt you proved to me who you are.

Now your in here arguing with people and the coordinator about his rules.

This truly speaks loudly of your character.

OwensRacing
Just so you know. Lead car has corner rights and rights to his line of choice. You drove to deep. You made a mistake or maybe on purpose. Eitherway it was a dive bomb pass and you was out of control. Seems someone is weak to admit fault.

Eitherway Seth. I've seen you pull similar crap in other races. I was reserved even entering a series you was in.

Undoubtably why he's BANNED from STC, AIWJT and OGR

OwensRacing

Same type of occurrences in BK's LMP league as well. Many forum members feel the same as you Owens.

So when Z said I was mistaken, that means I wasn't wrong? You're joking, right? I don't understand why you turn on penalties at one track, when at Monza there was the same issue presenting itself and you left penalties off. At least I'm asking for some consistency. If people really need to run over curbs completely to gain some sort of advantage, they don't need to race here. Your reasons are good, but they can be said at other tracks as well that you didn't apply them to. Spa and Monza are great examples. I'm not questioning your say. Just wondering what the reasoning is behind it? If everyone cuts it's the same as if everyone doesn't cut. But with the group we have seeming pretty honest, I don't see why someone would cut.

At least when I started the series I didn't intend on running penalties because it generally is better with them off. La Sarthe has too many cutable corners to not run penalties, in my opinion.

The argument to me is that the line penalties makes us run doesn't reflect the real life racing line, and that's why you don't like it. So, like everyone else, run a different line so you don't get any penalties. It's not as much of an issue as you are making it. ADAPT. Everyone else isn't complaining about it.

So when Z said I was mistaken, that means I wasn't wrong? You're joking, right? ...

Whoaaa!

First off you called me wrong... I never said that about you.

Obviously, you have a skewed view on how things are perceived. I'd prefer if you didn't put words in my mouth.

The race this week should be interesting. I'm curious to see how the SC430's and GTR's perform compared to the rest of the field. I'm thinking it may be closer then i had originally thought. Will have to see how it plays out. But i am entering this race optimistic. The key will be finding some sort of draft.

I wish i could find that secret ingredient to maintain my rear tires. My fronts are good for another 2 laps :drool:

The race this week should be interesting. I'm curious to see how the SC430's and GTR's perform compared to the rest of the field. I'm thinking it may be closer then i had originally thought. Will have to see how it plays out. But i am entering this race optimistic. The key will be finding some sort of draft.

What times you getting?

Should be interesting with the tires. I took a couple of laps and was in the 54's on Softs and 56's on Meds.

Stop now while you're behind. You weren't the lead car in the corner. I braked later than you did. You took a different line into the corner than I did. Just because I brake late I'm in the wrong? Wow. That's not how racing woks. Take your beef with me up in PM's. No reason for it here. I got the pictures to show how you got your front right into me out the hairpin and made me loose. Just because you got hit accidentally from almost spinning me, I'm a dirty driver? :sly:

Undoubtably why he's BANNED from STC, AIWJT and OGR
You raced me twice, and your friend boshuter aka mr.lagger was the reason behind the complaints. I didn't have any chance in your series when I was looked at with the views you and your little following have. I'm seriously not pressed. And when I tried to share my view, you didn't want to hear it. I'm 'banned' from your little get together. You speak as if you're races are the end of the world and I shouldn't be allowed to race anywhere because 'you say so'. People like you make me laugh.

Same type of occurrences in BK's LMP league as well. Many forum members feel the same as you Owens.

Really? When was the last time you even showed up for an LMP race in BK's league? And can you tell me members in that series that have a problem? I don't think any of them that aren't foreign have an issue with how I drive.

Like I said, lag plays a lot of issues, I can't show you what you looked like on my screen, I just tell you how it is. If you can't accept that- sorry. But I'm not diving into the corner hard. I took a different line. It's called racing.

Whoaaa!

First off you called me wrong... I never said that about you.

Obviously, you have a skewed view on how things are perceived. I'd prefer if you didn't put words in my mouth.

You said I was mistaken. That the penalties keep us in the 'track limits'. I said watch LeMans, they aren't the track limits. So in your words, I was wrong. Mistaken=wrong in my language. And DA- I don't have a problem with the penalties. I have a problem with consistency. At least we could leave them on or off for all the races. Not just certain rounds. That's what I was concerned about.

freshseth83
Really? When was the last time you even showed up for an LMP race in BK's league? And can you tell me members in that series that have a problem? I don't think any of them that aren't foreign have an issue with how I drive.

The last time I raced in BK's league is when I won the Night Series Championship. I don't race there now because of you, like many who dislike racing with you, not just in LMP and not just my immediate crew.

Please. You don't race there anymore because you said you didn't have the time. Don't change your story. I never had any issues with you- and the last time we raced together you said the same thing. Now all of a sudden you're changing your story? You flip-flop more than Mitt Romney.

freshseth83
Please. You don't race there anymore because you said you didn't have the time. Don't change your story. I never had any issues with you- and the last time we raced together you said the same thing. Now all of a sudden you're changing your story? You flip-flop more than Mitt Romney.

I couldn't race there because of the start time. I asked for the time to be changed and you bitched about missing out on your dinner time. Just like you did with your morning routine in BK's new Saturday Series.

I couldn't race there because of the start time. I asked for the time to be changed and you bitched about missing out on your dinner time. Just like you did with your morning routine in BK's new Saturday Series.

Some of us have kids that need to be fed, BK understood this and changed the time to 9 a.m. Pacific for Saturdays. So it wasn't 'bitching'. Try again, though.

DA, I'm not going to question what decisions you make. I don't need to drive the curbs. I just don't like inconsistencies within GT5. Not really your inconsistency with the penalty system in different races. But when you drive one line that works without penalties, you have the thought it'll be the same next time around, but it's not. This is what I'm worried about. People find a line and then you touch a curb and it's now giving you a penalty when it didn't before.

Back