DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

DA, Good thing Captain couldn't make the series, he's running 42's and low 43's with a GTR. I think the running for pole might see a high 43.xx, but you'll definately need a 44.xx to put your name in that hat. I only ran a few laps on the La Sarthe setup and was low 45's. Not sure about tire wear as I only did 4-5 laps, however I'm not sure I want to push the soft tires much further than that.

Which GTR? I think the YellowHat is one of, if not the fastest GTR. I'm surprised no one is using the Motul Autech. I think that is a great car as well. I wanted the stealth because of the livery, though. 43's and 44's won't last long. Unless he has some godly tune or whatever, those tires will go off pretty fast.

freshseth83
Which GTR? I think the YellowHat is one of, if not the fastest GTR. I'm surprised no one is using the Motul Autech. I think that is a great car as well. I wanted the stealth because of the livery, though. 43's and 44's won't last long. Unless he has some godly tune or whatever, those tires will go off pretty fast.

Unshavenyapper was using the Motul GT-R but he withdrew. I'm surprised no one else has tried joining since those cars are available. Despite the season being half done...those cars are usually the ones everyone is after.

And I could use a good tune. I think I'm too impatient at times to sit and get a feel for slight changes. Plus I get confused because I've read two different methods about tuning in GT5. One is the settings are very similar to real life and you should tune as such. The other method is that GT5 tuning is the opposite to what you would do in real life. The latter seems to me like it's crazy talk but my initial experience with a method2 tune seemed to work with a ff car (95 Integra Type R).

I had a thread saved here on GTP that listed what to do when your car reacts a certain way (ie over/understeer, and whether it's doing so at entry/mid/exit of a turn). It seemed to help but I'm just not consistent enough to determine what to adjust.

Last edited:
I've opened a room for practice at GVS if anyone wants to join. my PSN ID is Robbie2FFY

The FFY at the end is capitals.

Or if anyone else has a room open i'll happily go there

Robbie2ffy
I've opened a room for practice at GVS if anyone wants to join. my PSN ID is Robbie2FFY

The FFY at the end is capitals.

Or if anyone else has a room open i'll happily go there

I may get on tonight but I'm too busy. Too much studying to do.

Robbie2ffy
Also DA did you check out that Aaron Russo interview?

I have it saved on my youtube. Haven't had any time to watch it yet. I will in due time though.

Honestly, I thought the GTR's all feel the same. The standouts being the Calsonic and Stealth and Woodone being far and away the worst. With the Stealth I've notice the engine and weight advantages make a big difference in non-spec racing, but other than that there's not much between them all, minus the Woodone.

I don't know how my car will fare around this track I hope it does ok.

I think you actually have the car to beat for this spec. It is fast everywhere and is given pretty good amount of power to weight assistance. This track will probably not be the Supra's best track, but it should still be good.

I do expect the Lexus' and GTR's to do a lot better here in comparison to the recent tracks.

The stealth is just 50kg lighter than the rest with more power. In reality the SGT cars are all under 1100kg and add ballast to meet the minimum weight, so the Stealth is closest to real life SGT's IMO. From my experience with SGT's in GT5, mostly the Yellowhat wins the online races. At least in lounges I've participated in in the past. At spec with others it was the popular choice for GT500's.

Z Crazy
I do expect the Lexus' and GTR's to do a lot better here in comparison to the recent tracks.

As do I. I'll be mid-pack. I think the NSX's have had their hey day this season. Until Spa at least...

i've been running on mediums tonight, can go about 10/11 laps. Up to lap 8 its 46's 1st half then 47's between 5 an 7, 48's lap 8. But 9 10 11 become very uncompetitive with the drop off so even if they last its pointless. 3 stops is gonna be the most likely strategy from people i think. With a mix of softs and mediums

There's no reason to go on a set of tires that long. They wear too fast and the times drop too high. The fact that others will probably be on fresher tires and may catch you makes it even worse. You'll end up trying to keep ahead of them and could run your tires down even faster. Running by yourself is a lot different than running against other racers. That's why I don't even try to practice for fast laps mostly. Running with other people is the best bet.

I haven't had the chance to practice all week :yuck: Gonna grab a bite to eat and will jump on in about 45minutes to an hour. I need to get some laps under my belt before race day.

awr117
I haven't had the chance to practice all week :yuck: Gonna grab a bite to eat and will jump on in about 45minutes to an hour. I need to get some laps under my belt before race day.

I wont get to practice til Friday night :-(

My best times so far are 44.7xx with a full tank. But that is killing the tires. Not sure i can go much quicker as i've messed with numerous adjustments without much improvement.

I can get about that on the first lap out of the pits on a full tank, then go for about 5 more laps at most on softs. I think if you go for one fast lap then back off a little bit, it helps out some. Or if you don't try for the fast lap you can keep around the 46's for about 3 laps then fall off about a half second to a second for the next 3.

a PURE | HEADS UP

We're approaching mid spring, and most of us go from winter to summer time. Or daylight savings as some of you say.

What's a tad tricky here is that we don't move the clock forward on the same date all over the world..

I.e, here in Sweden, we go in to daylight savings in the night between 25th, and 26th of March.

So expect to have some issues during the next mounth or so until all countries are on the same page again when it comes to start times for your races and quali sessions.

So make sure to take this in to concideration. 👍

PURE Racing to you all!
Best regards
Dennis / PURE Founder.

There's no reason to go on a set of tires that long. They wear too fast and the times drop too high. The fact that others will probably be on fresher tires and may catch you makes it even worse. You'll end up trying to keep ahead of them and could run your tires down even faster. Running by yourself is a lot different than running against other racers. That's why I don't even try to practice for fast laps mostly. Running with other people is the best bet.

I know what you mean about running by yourself. You can get perfect laps an feel as though the car is set up just right. But when you add another 10/11 cars around you, different ball game all together. You can be stuck behind people or have someone right on your gearbox which will slow you down, push you into errors an even end up scrubbing more life out the tires than you wanted to

Tomorrow is our grind at Grand Valley. Here's a few things to know:

Track Boundaries
-My rule of two-tires-on-black-asphalt applies everywhere except turn 15. On the exit of turn 15, you can use the curbing.
-Everywhere else, keep two tires on track

Qualifying
-Just as we did last week, nothing new

Pre-race
-Just as we did last week, pole sitter needs to run the pace at 60mph and everyone else needs to stay 3 car lengths apart

Race
-Nothing new to announce. Run clean and good luck.

Tomorrow is our grind at Grand Valley. Here's a few things to know:

Track Boundaries
-My rule of two-tires-on-black-asphalt applies everywhere except turn 15. On the exit of turn 15, you can use the curbing.
-Everywhere else, keep two tires on track

Qualifying
-Just as we did last week, nothing new

Pre-race
-Just as we did last week, pole sitter needs to run the pace at 60mph and everyone else needs to stay 3 car lengths apart

Race
-Nothing new to announce. Run clean and good luck.
Can't wait Epson NSX is almost broken in. Hope the Comcast guy fixes my internet the right way. No disconnects Comcast. LOL

RodeRuner1967
Can't wait Epson NSX is almost broken in. Hope the Comcast guy fixes my internet the right way. No disconnects Comcast. LOL

I had trouble tonight connecting to Redrobins room.

Speaking of which, red and Robbie I just decided to get some sleep and practice tomorrow.

Speaking of which, red and Robbie I just decided to get some sleep and practice tomorrow.

Not sure what was causing the problem. Robbie had no issues at all with disconnects from my lobby. Typical PS3 / GT5 connections 👎

Not sure what was causing the problem. Robbie had no issues at all with disconnects from my lobby. Typical PS3 / GT5 connections 👎

It happened last time I tried connecting to your lounge. I don't know why. What sucks too, is I think boshuter has problems connecting when I'm hosting but for what reason, I just don't know. Maybe my connection is to blame. In my opinion, these are stupid issues we should not be encountering

Did a quick update of the points:

ZCrazy- 121
Supra- 112
Red- 106
DA6- 88
Nass- 77
Seth- 76
Sin- 58
Robbie- 34

Took plenty of pictures this week. Had to make up for missing out last week. This was an action packed race. So get your popcorn ready 👍

The Track

Race start, exiting the first turn.

You guys look like pros!

Nassuu getting wide and opening the door down low.

Not one, but TWO yellow cars. ToyotaSupra trying to pass Robbie.

Seth getting a bit wide in the high speed section of the track.

Seth recovering from his spin as Sin takes advantage of the opportunity and makes the pass on the inside.

Me making a pass on ZCrazy.

Pass completed for a short lived 1st place.

Busy day in the pits.

ToyotaSupra overtaking ZCrazy for 1st place as Z exits the pits.

DA keeping Seth in his sights.

DA making the pass.

Battle at the front. ZCrazy trying to reel in ToyotaSupra

Me slowly catching up to the 1st and 2nd place car.

Nassuu catching up to DA

Pushing it a bit hard. Nassuu loses it in the high speed section and sent into a nasty spin.

ZCrazy spinning with me having no where to go!

Me making the pass on Nassuu on the outside as ZCrazy gives chase.

Me setting up the pass on Robbie.

Pass completed

ZCrazy returning the favor from my pass earlier in the race.

Me passing ZCrazy one last time.

ToyotaSupra taking the checkered flag!

Photo finish between DA and Nassuu

Good race guys! Most fun i've had so far this series!

Last edited:
Good pics! I spun on the 3rd lap I think. I was in the draft and it messed my line up, I ended up touching the grass and couldn't brake or get back on the track without spinning. Oh well, I never was too great at this track. Next race should be another story, I really like the Nurburgring layout.

It was fun watching you all do a great race. I won't have anymore disconnect problems. All fixed. Going to be alot of fun at Nurimburg GP. It's a great track.👍

Back