DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

I'm in the 55's with mediums, then drop back to 56's, then 57's for about 4 laps. I think 7 laps maybe 8 is what I can get on medium tires. Softs probably 6 good laps then pace just drops off too much to continue on them.

Nurb GP/F is where we're headed for tomorrow. There's a few things that need to be said.

TRACK BOUNDARIES
-Two-tires-on-black-asphalt applies basically everywhere.
-Be especially careful in Mercedes Arena. It consists of 3 turns. Do not run wide on the exit of the 3rd turn. A lot of time can be gained so DO NOT run wide. Also, do NOT use the run off between turns 1 and 2 of Mercedes.
-Another area that may/may not gain time is between Michelin and Bit Kurves. Do NOT use the extra run off area to benefit your lap times.
-Run off areas are meant to be there in case of mistakes and will keep you out of a sand trap.

PITS
-Be careful and get used to pit entrance. I expect everyone to not be riding the wall at all.
-Follow the pit exit line when leaving the pits. Beware of other cars coming down the straight and, likewise, beware of other cars exiting pit lane

PRE RACE
-As always, Pole sitter should run the pace at 60mph and everyone else 3 car lengths apart from one another
-Remember 3 lengths apart

RACE
-Keep it clean, this race is 175km so don't push it when you don't need to. Patience pays off and prevents accidents

Good racing today. Sorry about the bumps, Supra and Red. Supra especially, I really was trying my best to stay inside. I couldn't go anymore inside that turn without hitting the grass.

Pictures from the Nrburgring GP F race. Sorry i didn't get many shots of some of you. I was mainly looking for action shots. Hope you enjoy!

Opening lap. ToyotaSupra applying the pressure early. Me battling to take position back.

ZCrazy miss judging the draft on cold tires and is a bit late on the brakes.

Single file line

DA and Zcrazy

I think i got everyone in this shot lol

ToyotaSupra and Seth battling it out.

ToyotaSupra looking to make the pass on the inside.

ToyotaSupra and me fighting for position.

Seth and me pitting while ToyotaSupra and ZCrazy stay out for one extra lap.

TNT and me drag racing

Pits

TNT trying to push it one extra lap on worn tires.

Nassuu and Robbie side by side.

DA got loose exiting the turn. Nassuu and myself taking advantage.

Seth and ToyotaSupra coming together.

The result

ZCrazy drafting Seth

Some close racing

ZCrazy, ever feel like you are being chased?

Drag race down the front stretch.

Seth missing the braking point.

Nassuu getting into the grass and was able to save it!

Mid race, ToyotaSupra spins.

Seth and me battling

DA catching some air.

Me overtaking Seth as ToyotaSupra exits the pits.

Drafting

Me trying to make the pass on ZCrazy

Two separate battles taking place.

ToyotaSupra making the pass.

Battling for 1st place near the end of the race.

Applying pressure

Inside pass

Still battling for 1st

ToyotaSupra ran the tires off the car. Seth and I gain a position.

ZCrazy takes the checkered flag!

Great race guys.

The other cars have too much power for me to keep up with them on the straights. I try to make up for it in the turns, but it's hard to gain any time when everyone gets your draft plus has more power. I had a good time today, though. Madrid should be a good track. I am very fond of it.

Well, at least Madrid doesn't have any spots for me to drive off course. It's going to be a tight-packed race this weekend.

I really like the last four tracks of the season pretty much my fav's.

Madrid is a track that never gets played but, is really fun to drive IMO. It's ultra tight and mistakes are not as costly as they are at other tracks because the walls tend to keep you moving. The corners are all pretty straight forward mid to late apexes for most cars. With the exception of the long arcing corners (which favor ultra late apexes) and chicanes (which depend on the car and its setup) the track drives pretty much as it seems.

From what I remember the standard NSX's rule this track but, I don't think the premiums will be as good here. This track should play to the strengths of the GTR and Lexus with a fair advantage over the NSX's.

I really like the last four tracks of the season pretty much my fav's.

Madrid is a track that never gets played but, is really fun to drive IMO. It's ultra tight and mistakes are not as costly as they are at other tracks because the walls tend to keep you moving. The corners are all pretty straight forward mid to late apexes for most cars. With the exception of the long arcing corners (which favor ultra late apexes) and chicanes (which depend on the car and its setup) the track drives pretty much as it seems.

From what I remember the standard NSX's rule this track but, I don't think the premiums will be as good here. This track should play to the strengths of the GTR and Lexus with a fair advantage over the NSX's.

That's how it looks 'on paper', but Nurb was supposed to be better for the Nissan and Lexus and we saw how that turned out.

I'm getting 1:19s currently, but there are two straights here that hp is needed for. The Supra and NSX will be fast here as well, so lets be realistic. They're the favorite at any track. Next season I might try a more powerful car if we keep the current track schedule.

That's how it looks 'on paper', but Nurb was supposed to be better for the Nissan and Lexus and we saw how that turned out.

I'm getting 1:19s currently, but there are two straights here that hp is needed for. The Supra and NSX will be fast here as well, so lets be realistic. They're the favorite at any track. Next season I might try a more powerful car if we keep the current track schedule.

I'm getting closer, managed a low 1:21.
With a controler, 1.5 sec. to 2 sec. off isn't bad. :)

Last edited:
Interesting, I was quicker in my GTR's and Lexus' at Nurb GP (first flying laps were 52's where as the NSX had to be light on fuel to get there).

Either way I'm expecting the pace to be quite fast for Madrid. In a 502 hp GTR at 1100 kg, I get mid-high 17's IIRC. I think I'm in the high 16's with the standard NSX's (Takada and Raybrig) so I'll assume the premiums will be somewhere in the low 18's.

I chose the NSX because I felt the GTR's would be too big of an advantage. Equally so, I didn't want to really hamper myself though so I stayed away from the Lexus, even though it turned out to be a great car. I think the Supra is the car of choice under these specs, but I completely missed that previously. The Z seems to have been neutered-down in one of the pre-Spec 2 releases. I remember that car being dominent in the past but its not the case anymore.

BTW, does anyone know if there are PURE specs for the Castrol Supra?

Last edited:
You're joking, right? The GTRs are 1130kg for starters and just because the lap times are slightly faster doesn't mean they're better during the race. The balancing of these cars are ok, but off IMO. Why? Engine tuning. The Supra is allowed engine tuning and 1090kg. That's double trouble for acceleration and top speed. Under braking it's good too because the low weight. It's not just the Supra though. Other cars get engine tuning as well, and high hp. Any track with long straights they are going to fly. I got ate up on the straight and acceleration @Nurb, even though I had pole. You can't escape the draft with you guys having 15 more hp than me! It doesn't matter much to me, I know there's no way I could keep pace on most these tracks for long. Just hope next season there are more twisty tracks to equal the chances out for all the cars.

Seth, remember La Sarthe?

Tight tracks are better for the GT-R's and SC's. You'll see these next 2 weeks.

I merely stated that in a GTR with 502 HP at 1100kg I'm running 17's at Madrid for reference. Also the GTR's balance is the best of any car in a race situation (IMO). Sure its slow in a straight line but that's not everything unless you at Monza, Road course Indy, etc.

I feel the cars are pretty even with a slight nod to the NSX's and Supra. But at the same time you can't overlook the drivers. You have to give respect where respect is due.

I could probably turn quicker laps if i wanted. But that would completely kill my tires. With these races, you have to factor in tire wear and pit strategies and sometimes that requires nursing the car.

The big advantage for the more powerful cars is on the straights. The passing is so much easier when you are driving a straight line. Passing in the corners takes a bit more effort and time as you wait for the right moment. For me, it seems i have to do everything perfect exiting the turn to have a chance to pass on a straight.

We'll see how this week shakes out. Everyone is saying this is a GTR & Lexus track. But i have my doubts.

Last edited:
You're joking, right? The GTRs are 1130kg for starters and just because the lap times are slightly faster doesn't mean they're better during the race. The balancing of these cars are ok, but off IMO. Why? Engine tuning. The Supra is allowed engine tuning and 1090kg. That's double trouble for acceleration and top speed. Under braking it's good too because the low weight. It's not just the Supra though. Other cars get engine tuning as well, and high hp. Any track with long straights they are going to fly. I got ate up on the straight and acceleration @Nurb, even though I had pole. You can't escape the draft with you guys having 15 more hp than me! It doesn't matter much to me, I know there's no way I could keep pace on most these tracks for long. Just hope next season there are more twisty tracks to equal the chances out for all the cars.

This is why JGTS uses rolling starts, exactly why.
But the spec's are never going to be exactly right, it's impossible, there's give and take, you work with the cars by setting the right track schedule, which balance out results over a season. DA's done a great job with this.

Interesting, I was quicker in my GTR's and Lexus' at Nurb GP (first flying laps were 52's where as the NSX had to be light on fuel to get there).

Either way I'm expecting the pace to be quite fast for Madrid. In a 502 hp GTR at 1100 kg, I get mid-high 17's IIRC. I think I'm in the high 16's with the standard NSX's (Takada and Raybrig) so I'll assume the premiums will be somewhere in the low 18's.

I chose the NSX because I felt the GTR's would be too big of an advantage. Equally so, I didn't want to really hamper myself though so I stayed away from the Lexus, even though it turned out to be a great car. I think the Supra is the car of choice under these specs, but I completely missed that previously. The Z seems to have been neutered-down in one of the pre-Spec 2 releases. I remember that car being dominent in the past but its not the case anymore.

BTW, does anyone know if there are PURE specs for the Castrol Supra?

Yeah, I forgot to shoot you guys the new compact spec. sheet, enjoy:
cAxeP.jpg

And a link to its published Gdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApxiLS-TgIrqdHNLeklWNFFJeFJlbmZTWi14WFNqREE&output=html

Wardez
This is why JGTS uses rolling starts, exactly why.
But the spec's are never going to be exactly right, it's impossible, there's give and take, you work with the cars by setting the right track schedule, which balance out results over a season. DA's done a great job with this.

Yeah, I forgot to shoot you guys the new compact spec. sheet, enjoy:

And a link to its published Gdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApxiLS-TgIrqdHNLeklWNFFJeFJlbmZTWi14WFNqREE&output=html

The soft tires really do bring the higher powered cars closer in handling compared to hards. This puts the GTR at a disadvantage. It truly seems the specs are even on the hards but get skewed when softer compounds are added. Maybe remove ballast on GTR to bring it back in the mix.

That sounds about right Jeff. I'd be interested in seeing if that were the case through auxiliary testing. Then we could release a separate spec. set for softer tires.

Btw, PURE's starting up a flagship GT300 only series starting soon if anyone here's interested

I just ran through most of the cars and the findings were interesting, at least for Madrid.

1- Bandai -1:17.145 - Easy to drive and duplicate fast lap, top speed 156 mph.
1- Takada - 1:17.145 - Difficult to drive and duplicate but very fast, Highest top speed at 162 mph.
3- Petronas 1:17.418 - Easy to drive and duplicate fast lap top speed 154 mph.
4- Yellow Hat GTR - 1:17.488 - Easiest to drive but the slowest on straight 152 mph.
5- Yellow Hat Supra - 1:17.566 - Relatively easy to drive very fast on the straight 158 mph.
6- Xanavi Z - 1:17.582 - Also relatively easy to drive with top speed of 154 mph.

I don't see how you're getting 17's. Are you running without tire wear on, offline or what? Online the best I'm getting is low 18's, but I run it with full downforce for better cornering.

These were all from an offline lobby with tire wear and real traction. For reference, I went online and ran a 1:17.514 with the Takada NSX set with tire wear and real traction as well on the first flying lap.

Last edited:
Back