• 15 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
LB6W1gI.png
De Joux Gran Turismo '62
LB6W1gI.png

file.php

The first two deJoux Gran Turismo cars were completed in 1962, the joint work of pioneer Kiwi car builder Ferris deJoux and Auckland mechanic Kevin Lamb. Another three including Paul's car were built over the next few years. (The most common example of Ferris deJoux's work are the Mini based specials with about 30 being built up through the 1970's).

Paul's car was originally 4 cylinder but displacement had grown progressively over 30 years to a 253" V8. Paul has upgraded to a 350" Chev V8 mated to a Toyota Celica gearbox. This move was in line with a goal to build up a car that was tractable around town but could boogie with the best of them on the open road! The body has hints of Maserati A6G and AC Bristol Zagato with 50's and 60's styling cues being evident. The interior is classic 60's with a plethora of Smiths gauges and the definitive period extra, a wood rimmed Moto-Lita steering wheel.

After 7 years, 3 gearboxes, and lots of late nights an almost complete rebuild of the DeJoux has been accomplished. Which makes Paul wonder if it's time to breath life into another Kiwi Classic, the Triumph T140 "Chopper" lurking in the back of the shed...

Specifications:

Engine: Chevrolet 5.7 ltr...Front Mounted
Length: 4200mm
Width: 1750mm
Height: 1080mm
Wheelbase: 2580mm
Track: 1350mm
Brakes: Disc Front/Drum Rear
Seating: 2
Kerb Weight: 1060 kg

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Sounds like, Game Gran Turismo ... this car should be in the GT series long ago. 👍

PD should hire one of us to maintain their car collection up to date.
Well I would do it for free ... after selling my garage to them. :D

Pure awesome. I couldn't think of a cooler car (besides the Shelby Daytona Coupe) if you gave me an eon and a half to think about it.

The mismatched headlight covers in the first pic are giving me an OCD-outage... but other than that, what a car! :D

Yes but just because someone modifies the car and replaces the original 4 cylinder engine with a v8 engine doesn't quantify why there are 2 posts for the same car.

If you would like to keep your page include (Custom V8) in the title.
Yes it does. They are separate models. Just as how the Mine's R34 GT-R is definitely not a normal GT-R.
And just a side note, why are you acting as if you have control over her thread...?

Last edited:
I am all for this car. Voted to!

Until now I never heard of the De Joux.

PD we need some cars from other countries and these are some examples of cars that were made in New Zealand.

I never heard of these cars either until know. Also the 1970s Morris Minor in another

New Zealand car.

Latest Posts

Back