Gran Turismo 7 "Legend Cars" Will Be Dynamically Priced by Hagerty

• Thread starter Famine
  • 117 comments
Everyone is calling Hagerty the worst thing ever introduced to Gran Turismo 7, meanwhile right now on my game, Legend Cars is selling the Ford Mark IV Race Previously a 20 million dollar car for 4.6 Million. Maybe it’s not as bad as we thought it was? 🤔

But I do agree though, the rewards do need an improvement.
I also should note that I saw the Alfa Romeo TZ2, which was 10 million credits selling for 3.7 million credits in this game. It's actually a big improvement over the past games.

A little piece highlighting price inflation from Hagerty's own site in 2021;

Miuras had a big price surge during the first half of the 2010s [...] The median condition-#2 value today is $1.2M, while a decade ago it was $367,000. From 2011–16, the median Miura price was up 167 percent, with early cars up over 200 percent.

Activity has been quieter lately but has generally trended upward, with a 22 percent overall gain from 2016 to today [...] with the Jalpa, Diablo, Uracco, and LM002 up from 35 to 55 percent

So you have a real-life example of a car tripling in value over a five year period, according to the company that wants to provide that input to GT for a game that has a life cycle of approximately five years.

So if there is anything to be suggested by the data here, it's that if you want those cars, splash your cash early, otherwise you might be spending twice as much later for the same car before Gran Turismo 8 is ready.

Last edited:
A midnight purple R34 recently sold for 300k on bring a trailer.

Hagerty even wrote about it. They also mentioned that a 2002 R34 went for $500k in Japan.

R34 Fever
I got an r34 from the Cafe then brought a r34 used from the dealer. I seen the used r34 had - 3 less hp and 15000 miles for 400000. It had a normal gas, engine, and body. I'm screwed

Miuras had a big price surge during the first half of the 2010s [...] The median condition-#2 value today is $1.2M, while a decade ago it was $367,000. From 2011–16, the median Miura price was up 167 percent, with early cars up over 200 percent.

Activity has been quieter lately but has generally trended upward, with a 22 percent overall gain from 2016 to today [...] with the Jalpa, Diablo, Uracco, and LM002 up from 35 to 55 percent

So you have a real-life example of a car tripling in value over a five year period, according to the company that wants to provide that input to GT for a game that has a life cycle of approximately five years.

So if there is anything to be suggested by the data here, it's that if you want those cars, splash your cash early, otherwise you might be spending twice as much later for the same car before Gran Turismo 8 is ready.
And for players unable to cash in on selling those models, is a huge loss.

Whats ironic is, until we find out if more Menu Books are coming in updates, players won’t be able to experience all the cars in game. Kaz said this Is a collecting game. Players will be choosy about where and when to spend Cr. Add new cars in updates and the data collecting might show the relative scarcity or rarity, in purchasing classic & vintage cars, like the real world.

I was initially going to play, using my alternate accounts, to play in different ways. Not now.

Hmm. I just noticed that F50 has an upside arrow indicator next to its price (3,300,000), unlike the other cars in the legendary dealer. Maybe it's just reflecting the recent price trend, or maybe it implies that they're going to charge more soon.

I like the idea of having more realistic prices, but obviously concerned about the time it takes to earn credits specially for casual players like me.

Has anyone seen the F40 for sale yet? How much is it? I see the F50 for 3.3mil I think, hopefully should be less than that as in real life the F50 costs more. I would love to get it but am holding on for the F40 and want to know how much I need to save up.

Last edited:
I really just don't get Kaz's thinking on this "feature". It's a celebration of capitalism and profiteering, not the enjoyment of cars.
No, its a celebration for microtransactions

I fear that this auction house and others are there only to inflate the price. Just like its happening with retro games.

My thoughts on the Hagerty pricing:

I think it's quite unique to lock these car behind real world prices. None of the cars from the Legendary dealership would break metas for racing (e.g. like how obscenely expensive cars in GTA are usually the fastest), so in practical terms these are simply cars that are more or less a trophy for hard work instead of cars that you necessarily need to buy in order to be competitive. In those terms, I think having it as real world prices would provide some immersion for people to grind in order to get the really expensive old racecar/supercar that they really want. Hell, grinding for really expensive cars isn't even new to the Gran Turismo series (it was done in GT5 and GT6 for example), so there was set precedent for people to grind for these cars for their car collection.

That's mainly what they are, trophies for your collection, because otherwise they're simply old, inflated cars with a ton of historical legacy and hype behind it. So really I can't complain much about it, because they're not forced upon you as cars that you have to buy to maintain competition, it is completely optional to grind for them and add them to your collection for your liking. Old cars being expensive isn't new to Gran Turismo, and I don't see the massive outrage over this.

Side note on microtransactions, they too are completely optional, though they definitely feel more coerced in GT7. You can still grind effectively and skip over them, but the rewards payouts being reduced is definitely a tactic to get more people to use microtransactions. But also, I can't really blame Polyphony for this. $60/$70 games are the norm, and people will MOAN about GT7 going for over $70 for PS4/PS5. Game prices has been stagnant since the 90s, and it is getting hard nowadays to justify selling a AAA game for $60/70 USD nowadays. Part of the time, microtransactions are added just to get more profit out, and the other part is to survive in the current market. So from a developer standpoint, GT7 needs to add some microtransactions in order to survive in the current marketplace.

Now, what would be a MUCH more interesting debate is how much Hagerty is overinflating these car prices.

I like the feature. The payouts of the game however... Oh well, I've been over this and most of you are aware anyway.

And it looks good on one side because previous 20 and 15 million credit cars like the Ford Mark IV and the Alfa Romeo TZ2 are now going to be much cheaper.

On the upside however... The McLaren F1 which was previously a 1 million credit car, is likely going to be almost if not above 10 million credits.
The Porsche 917k is a new entry to the game, but will probably cost almost 20 million and will probably be the most expensive car in the game.

You are now going to have less 20 million credit cars, but on the other hand, you are going to have a loooooot of cars that cost 3 million or more. Even the Enzo which was 1 million in previous games has now been inflated (even as a new car in brand central) to cost 2.5 million.

The legendary Group C and LM cars which were all 1 million credits are now likely going to cost way more than that. And you have quite a few of these cars.
-Mazda 787B
-Sauber C9 Mercedes
-Nissan R92 CP
-Jaguar XJR-9
-Mercedes CLK-GTR LM
-BMW McLaren F1 GTR
-Porsche 962 C

Expect all of these to be over 3 million each, some of them above 5 million.

The Ferrari 330 P4 will not be 20 million but it will still be more expensive than the Jaguar XJ-13 which was alreadt at 13 million.

Overall the pricing will likely be worse than before putting all cars together.

And the payout in GT7 is the worst of the entire franchise and was even more nerfed after today's update.

Good luck to everyone collecting all of these cars.

I bet the Group-C cars will be in the 10-15 million credits area. I have no problems with grinding but now that even the best paying races have been nearly halved in price money I'll be forced to grind for a looong time without being able to spend any precious credits on any new cars to have fun with.
I'm employed and can only spend like 1-2 hours max. on gaming / day.

Today the 1994 McLaren F1 is listed in the Legends Shop. 18,500,000 credits!! So, just as in real life, the car is unattainable!! Thanks so much, Kaz!!

Gran Turismo 7 - The Real Car Auction Simulator. 👎👎👎👎👎👎

44B4F6D3-B672-4A69-BCE7-63594C961DBD.png

Last edited:
Is it likely/possible that we will be able to trade/sell legendary cars in the game in the future, and is it possible that there will only ever be a certain number of each legendary car made available in the game??

At the moment, it is practically impossible to buy the most expensive car(s) in the game without resorting to handing over ridiculous sums of actual cash (£128 for the McLaren F1 '94) for example - but that could turn out to be an investment if you were able to sell it for more later in the game. That said, turning the GT franchise into an opportunity to efffectively gamble (or 'speculate on the markets') is not something I really like, though if it were solely in-game Cr. then that would be better - however, MTX have already tied in-game Cr. to real world money...

Is it likely/possible that we will be able to trade/sell legendary cars in the game in the future, and is it possible that there will only ever be a certain number of each legendary car made available in the game??
To the first part of your question, I doubt it. That would severely cripple PD’s MTX lust.

For the second part of your question, the artificial scarcity designed into the game exists for one purpose, to boost rare car valuations into the stratosphere. Right now in the Legends Shop are 2 cars I highly desire (but apparently will never attain), the Porsche 917K and the McLaren F1, for a combined 36,500,000 credits!!! Or in excess of 360 US dollars, for 2 cars!! It’s beyond absurd! Down with Kazflation!! 👎👎👎

because previous 20 and 15 million credit cars like the Ford Mark IV and the Alfa Romeo TZ2 are now going to be much cheaper.
Much cheaper of a super-wicked-lunatic expensive price, is still a super-wicked-lunatic expensiv!! Doesnt changed anything!
I'm employed and can only spend like 1-2 hours max. on gaming / day.
You're than not even gaming, you're just 1-2 hours gringing :( even worse.
but that could turn out to be an investment if you were able to sell it for more later in the game. That said, turning the GT franchise into an opportunity to efffectively gamble (or 'speculate on the markets') is not something I really like, though if it were solely in-game Cr. then that would be better - however, MTX have already tied in-game Cr. to real world money...
Imagine, we could speculate with car prices, beeing able to sell them later, even into real money :D Kids would open up they new business :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent this note to McKeel Hagerty:

Dear McKeel,

Thank you for your participation in helping to ruin Gran Turismo 7. The absolutely ABSURD car valuations in the Legends Shop have destroyed the game. You should realize that in the game’s current format, it is virtually impossible to earn the credits necessary to obtain cars such as the Porsche 917K and McLaren F1.

While I can afford to purchase the necessary credits to buy these cars, I WILL NEVER DO SO!! Thanks again for your part in the destruction of Gran Turismo 7.

Lamborghini miura arrived costed 15 mil in gt sport, just 2,5 mil now so i guess some cars will be cheaper and some more expensive

Does anyone know how to acquire the voucher code for the Hagerty Legendary car while having insurance through them?
You have to give them a call and ask for it. Please PM if you need more detail, but it’s fairly straightforward.

Hey I was away for some time. But how does this effect the price of the 3 cars to get the trophy for owning them.

Three Legendary Cars Trophy.

I saw in the past this was the price for those 3 cars.

Ford Mark IV Race Car '676,750,000
Jaguar XJ13 '6612,000,000
Ferrari 330 P4 '679,500,000
Total Cost:28,250,000

Are the cars even more expensive now, or are those cars, at a fixed price ?

Hey I was away for some time. But how does this effect the price of the 3 cars to get the trophy for owning them.

Three Legendary Cars Trophy.

I saw in the past this was the price for those 3 cars.

Ford Mark IV Race Car '676,750,000
Jaguar XJ13 '6612,000,000
Ferrari 330 P4 '679,500,000
Total Cost:28,250,000

Are the cars even more expensive now, or are those cars, at a fixed price ?

You can check that here: https://gtdb.io/gt7/legend-cars/

Back