Gran Turismo 7 "Legend Cars" Will Be Dynamically Priced by Hagerty

• Thread starter Famine
  • 117 comments
Are you not going to be playing this game constantly for the next five years, doing a dozen or more daily races and lobby races per week, earning credits every time, and being gifted cars constantly so you'll hardly ever need to actually buy anything? Do you want to be able to afford every today or what? How will you feel about the game years from now if you can touch every corner of it by the end of the week? This is exactly the type of have-it-now mentality that I was talking about.
Well if I ever had that have it now mentality, I would’ve never bought GT7 and be stuck only playing Gran Turismo 2 because I could make 1 million in a hour simply by doing a certain race with my escudo and any game that gives me a sense of progression is bad.

Also you sound like someone who thinks that because you like grindy games means that every other game should be grindy for everyone.

Doesn't PD realise I pay $$$$$$ to buy a game just to get away from this real life car price gouging *****?

The whole entire point of gaming to me is escapism. A fantasy world far away from the crappy bits of real life. Like stupid inflated car prices.

If you're gonna force stupid real life inflated prices on players for buying cars, then it should also logically mean players can sell cars back at stupid prices too! Because "realism!" Otherwise whatever reason they give for doing this just feels a big fat lie in the name of making you spend actual $$$ after already paying for the game.

What next? Real life fuel prices? Rent fees for garage storage? $5 for coffee in the cafe?

We don't want this ! Just stop it. We don't even need the Hargerty branding at all if this is the requirement. It does not add any value to my fantasy escapist enjoyment.

You used to be one of us PD...

Last edited:
Why does PD arbitrarily aim for the worst aspects of reality like the invariable increase of car prices over time yet also aim for the worst aspects of unrealistic game design like credit caps, not being able to sell cars and 1km rolling starts.

I hope this is just going to be the standard variable used car pricing with the realistic prices being empty marketing.

Last edited:
Hagerty is one of the worst things to happen to the automotive scene.

Automotive journalism, for example, has basically turned into promotion of auction house stock. All this whining about EVs and loss of manuals is so their stock doesn't crash overnight with hundreds of useless cars. The ultra expensive ones like 250 GTO will always be expensive, but the middlings and the bottom of the barrel ones need constant hype boost to sustain their value.

Guys like Jason Cammisa and Doug DeMuro are crooks for doing such content, and Doug even more so for actually owning the platform (Cars & Bids). It's sad how influential they've become today, even if I watch Doug for the humor. It's sad to see Gran Turismo associated with them, but I guess these are the times we live in.

Are you not going to be playing this game constantly for the next five years, doing a dozen or more daily races and lobby races per week, earning credits every time
No. 99% of people are not going to do that. That is not normal, and no video game developer should expect that of players. So what you're suggesting is only the most die hard, dedicated players deserve to be able to own all the content and anyone else who only throws a month or two at it, several hundred hours, they're just "entitled" and out of luck.

As I feel like we have to keep repeating over and over again across various topics, there can be a middle ground between someone wanting everything handed to them on day one (Which by the way is always just a straw man, because I've never seen anyone ACTUALLY suggest they want that) and having to spend several years dedicated to one game just to unlock everything it has.

You know don’t you find it kinda funny how PD are trying to make things with GT7 a bit of a grind while making collecting cars a focus of the game’s story?

Hagerty is one of the worst things to happen to the automotive scene.

Automotive journalism, for example, has basically turned into promotion of auction house stock. All this whining about EVs and loss of manuals is so their stock doesn't crash overnight with hundreds of useless cars. The ultra expensive ones like 250 GTO will always be expensive, but the middlings and the bottom of the barrel ones need constant hype boost to sustain their value.

Guys like Jason Cammisa and Doug DeMuro are crooks for doing such content, and Doug even more so for actually owning the platform (Cars & Bids). It's sad how influential they've become today, even if I watch Doug for the humor. It's sad to see Gran Turismo associated with them, but I guess these are the times we live in.
I know where you are coming from, but a lot of cars and assets in general are going up because of inflation. A lot of the old school cars will keep going up in price because people who idolized them as kids can finally afford to buy them. Not to mention EVs aren't as fun to drive.

Something that links the game to the real-life car world is a good thing IMO
Let's make them limited like real life as well then, only 39 Ferrari 250 GTOs for the whole game playerbase.

Realism doesn't always translate to fun in a game, and I don't see what benefit or enjoyment you or I as a player get from in-game cars increasing in price in line with reality.

Last edited:
how can they spend the money on this?
In all likelihood no money was exchanged. Usually stuff like this is a case of mutual advertising.
Something that links the game to the real-life car world is a good thing IMO
Is it though?

There's lots of real world aspects I would love to see emulated in GT and similar games, the obscene amount of price gouging in the used car market isn't one of them. It's bad enough I can't afford even a budget autocross car in real life, I'd rather that aspect not seep into my escapist fantasies.

What BS. The game’s economy is already tough, money is hard to get and now we have to deal with this! What the heck PD? If we’re making it realistic give me an auction house like in Forza instead, player base decides the market. Rare cars are worth more. They keep promoting a GT world so why not. Let me buy my dream cars without spending a year grinding to get them.

Last edited:
GT Sport seems more polish and puristic to me.

GT7 feels like a beta for GT Sport...

Especially graphic- and image-quality-wise

25h anniversary edition has not even a booklet or something. weak.

What have these two done other then 'make video content for platforms that deal with car selling' because to be frank, I don't understand why you need to rake them over the coals.

Never owned any of the 20 mil cars in previous gt. Not going to buy gt7 so i can grind a second job
Yeah here to. Already in GT Sport, they were just to expensive.

What PD doesnt understand: I dont have time to play 10 hours a day to grind enough money for a 250 GTO.

I have to work and dont want to waste to much time with video games.

I paid 100 euros for 25h edition, so i want also rare cars to be accesible.

Stupid as Stupid can get.

I will continue to hold out.

At the end of the day people it is just a damn game and thats all it will ever be.

Grinding for mindless upon mindless hours just to have some imaginary car in your portifolia. Not for me any more. I bet someone could sue and win.

With that said I would easily buy the game if credits were easily attianable to buy most vehicles in say 8 to 12 months time, with only a few hours a week. As I do think photo mode is fantastic. Give me 2000 plus vehicles unlocked with same livery capabiloties and I would buy the game even if could not drive any of the cars.

That's my drunken 2 cents.

This is interesting. I welcome it but I am in the camp that doesn't believe I need to own every car nor feel entitled to every car on the disc because I bought the disc, and I guess this is the line where the people for or against it will lie.

In my short time with GT7 so far, I feel more of a sense of ownership of the cars more so than previous titles. I will go to my garage to get into my favorite car before paying a visit to the café just so I can see it parked outside and drive off when I select my next menu. So this sort of falls in line with the experience that I am currently enjoying.

I can certainly see how this would not be for everyone or where it may be a bit of a wall for some players.
Exactly as i feel about it, and I’m sure this feeling is what Kaz wants to achieve with this game!

Hmmm... I see PD is STILL trying to find ways to force players to depend on spending MTs if grinding becomes a pain. This franchise used to be so good when it was just a video game. Now, it wants to be too realistic with EVERYTHING. How is this idea even nostalgic in any way?
Has everything to be nodtalgic about GT7?

OK...

But when I see the the list of cars into that legendary section, these cars taking more value every time in real life. So it could be difficult to follow.

I like the fact that certain cars are not easy to acquire in the game. What I don't like is the grinding that probably comes with it, but that it is a different discussion.

That said, making the cars more accessible, like some people here suggest, is counter productive. It cheapens the fun and it is not rewarding. Getting an F50 for golding a license test in a Mazda Demio doesnt sound right...

Notice how people talk about hard games for years because they are hard (e.g. Dark Souls)? Notice how literally no one ever talks about easy games? There is a reason for that, and the reason is that mastering something that's hard is more fun than going through something so easy it becomes a quasi passive experience that will bore everyone after a few hours.

Back