DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Fellas, meet my new girlfriend. Her name is Ginetta. She's a little older, but she's in perfect condition, tiny, curved in all the right places, sounds like a purring kitten when idle, runs like a cheetah, and best of all, loves to be ridden hard and put away wet...:crazy:
ginetta.jpg

NC and I ran 8 or 9 laps nose to tail at Rome tonight, he in his Golf, me with my beautiful girlfriend and I think I smiled the entire time. The handling of this car is superb, the exhaust note just makes you want to cry tears of joy...even if you don't race it, you absolutely should take it out for a spin with this light tune on it...

Mine was new from the OCD with everything stock except the following:

Ballast 200kgs @ -13
LSD 5/7/11
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Power Limiter 80.1% for 366 PP
Transmission:

Top Speed to Minimum
Final Gear 3.878
1 3.196
2 2.327
3 1.733
4 1.364
5 1.128

Brakes to suit. I didn't touch them at all so I think I was running 5-5 with ABS on.

I had my heart set on the Alfa Giulia GTA until I drove this [a 🤬 piece of 🤬 freaking Volkswagen!!!!] ... The Alfa doesn't even compare.

Sacrilege!!:mad: Heretic!!!:dunce: May the Gods of GT5 send you a plague of locusts!!:yuck: Don't go near NC on the track or you might get hit by the lightning that strikes him!!:D

Last edited:
You're all going to be jealous of my Stratos!:dopey: You think your girlfriend Ginetta sounds good? Get a load of this: :sly:

5 Speed Ferrari Dino engine. :drool:

You're all going to be jealous of my Stratos!:dopey: You think your girlfriend Ginetta sounds good? Get a load of this: :sly:

5 Speed Ferrari Dino engine. :drool:

She's in the OCD right now. So is the Spider that jp was driving on Monday after the races. Will certainly pick up the Spider and the Toyota 2000GT for the upcoming Japanese Classics race.

Sacrilege!!:mad: Heretic!!!:dunce: May the Gods of GT5 send you a plague of locusts!!:yuck: Don't go near NC on the track or you might get hit by the lightning that strikes him!!:D

Don't make me send Max Mosley and zee Germans to your house... :crazy:

No contest...and this video is shades of Monday to come...last to first in 3 laps...lol..

This is actual game footage and it sounds even better with race exhaust!!!

This is a wet dream...and you can watch it in 1080p

Last edited:
I went to one of those Ferrari Challenge races back in 2010. (only year they came to Utah. :( ) Those FXX's and 599XX's were immense to watch & listen to. I stood facing down the front straight, had to yell if you wanted people to understand you. :lol: I could hear the cars ringing in my ears by the end of the day. And some Ontario-ans showed up too! :lol:

I tried a stock Guilia GTA and, as expected, works brilliantly around Rome Reverse. 1'37.1 on a "lap 6", I'm still going to do more running to make sure things are in order. Top speed is slow though, barely touching 100 mph on the front straight.

I probably won't be able to race this weekend again (going out of town on Friday, will come back either later on Saturday or on Sunday).

Last edited:

Agreed. Switching from one of the most beautiful cars in the game to one of the ugliest, so shameful. :indiff:

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder... :cheers:

*Insert funny, inappropriate, GTP lifetime banworthy beer goggle gif here*

I will be in town on Saturday, but on call. I hope to make the race but can't guarantee I'll make it, although the odds are usually in my favour. :)

I have a question. Has anyone ever used the BMW Q car as a point of reference in reviving an old entry for a new track? By that I mean, choosing the same car for a current week that you used several weeks prior, and adjusting PP based on the Q cars' change in PP from the old track to the current one? In other words, the BMW was 420PP at track A and you used an RX8 there at 425PP, the new track has the Beemer at 430PP, so you take that same RX8 and add 10PP as a starting point?

That was the whole purpose of the Q car to begin with (not used much lately I admit with the Autumn Ring event, FF's and now Vintage cars) but if it's not being used there's no point in me using the same car over and over to determine targets.

Last edited:
*Insert funny, inappropriate, GTP lifetime banworthy beer goggle gif here*

I thought long and hard about it, but decided it was in my best interest to refrain...

I have a question. Has anyone ever used the BMW Q car as a point of reference in reviving an old entry for a new track? By that I mean, choosing the same car for a current week that you used several weeks prior, and adjusting PP based on the Q cars' change in PP from the old track to the current one? In other words, the BMW was 420PP at track A and you used an RX8 there at 425PP, the new track has the Beemer at 430PP, so you take that same RX8 and add 10PP as a starting point?

That was the whole purpose of the Q car to begin with (not used much lately I admit with the Autumn Ring event, FF's and now Vintage cars) but if it's not being used there's no point in me using the same car over and over to determine targets.

Honestly no... I usually just start fresh every week with whatever car strikes my fancy at the moment. I try to run something new for every event especially if there isn't a specific guideline (FF's, AWD, Vintage, etc).

If I get in a crunch for time and need to Q something quickly, I have a couple of cars that I've done countless laps in (BRZ) and pretty much know them inside and out. I can usually get a BRZ together and it be 99% on target in less than 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Ready for tomorrow and Monday now, I think:

iainoflo85/Lotus Elan S1 '62/Standard/384PP/Bolt On/CS/ABS/105mph

Can't believe it's hitting the target - it has 92 bhp, but does weigh 639kg. It's handling is so lovely though, only thing I did to make it hit the target better than stock was add Drivetrain upgrades (not LSD because it didn't have one to start with), but even after a lot of laps I had to reduce the power to hit the target. So I may be able to do this one completely stock, not sure yet.

Ready for tomorrow and Monday now, I think:

iainoflo85/Lotus Elan S1 '62/Standard/384PP/Bolt On/CS/ABS/105mph

Can't believe it's hitting the target - it has 92 bhp, but does weigh 639kg. It's handling is so lovely though, only thing I did to make it hit the target better than stock was add Drivetrain upgrades (not LSD because it didn't have one to start with), but even after a lot of laps I had to reduce the power to hit the target. So I may be able to do this one completely stock, not sure yet.

Most of these cars are a dream to drive around the 330-375 PP mark on their native tires. Not so much power that you can't keep the back end in check, lots of grip, usually slightly oversteery when needed and not so much straightline speed that you're on a knife edge getting down to the correct speed at every corner. I'm hoping this produces some close racing!!!

I'm hoping this produces some close racing!!!

I'd almost bet money that they will. The Japanese classics ORCA experimented with last month produced some marvelous racing and a beautiful grid. I hope to jump in my Giulia this evening and get her dialed in. 👍

Most of these cars are a dream to drive around the 330-375 PP mark on their native tires. Not so much power that you can't keep the back end in check, lots of grip, usually slightly oversteery when needed and not so much straightline speed that you're on a knife edge getting down to the correct speed at every corner. I'm hoping this produces some close racing!!!

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head - exactly how I feel.

Anyone tried this beauty yet ... Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65.

Never heard of it:sly: With downforce it'll probably be too slow on the straights and too fast in the corners though. :ouch:

Drove that ZAGATO with only 81HP and 351PP, couldn't remember the lap time or top speed, but sure was good drive, I think I put max ballast as well, so that might help balance the cornering speed and top speed.

Did we decide if we're racing this morning?

I believe Cote suggested it but nothing was ever officially set up. I've got an hour or so, so I'll open up the room for tuning/practice/racing if anyone is interested.

Room open...

I believe Cote suggested it but nothing was ever officially set up. I've got an hour or so, so I'll open up the room for tuning/practice/racing if anyone is interested.

Room open...

I'll be there in 15 or so.

EDIT: We're going to have some top notch racing methinks. This combo is very good and Rome produces some great action. The visual element of vintage Euro cars in an historic Euro city can't be beat. The whole time I feel like I'm in a classic chase film. 👍 👍 Only question is, who's the hero and who's the baddie? :sly:

Last edited:
Back