DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
WOW! This looks like a great series to participate in. I would like to sign up but need some practice time, so will more than likely make my entrance official at the next race.

Hope you can make it Poupon...don't be surprised if someone makes fun of your name though...lol.

I see you touching 154 mph in that video Brandon, which is 248 km/h, which is the same as me.

Maybe I should have bolded this part although someone did bring it up already:scared: This was in the post for this week's target:

Top speed limit entering second corner: 255 km/h

Sounds pretty good too..is that stock exhaust?

And I hope you guys aren't getting the wrong idea about this discussion. If you're actually having problems meeting targets I need to know and we need to figure out why. Could be me, could be I picked the wrong cars to set the target time with, could be a grip/PD issue, could be a lot of things. But we have to work together to avoid it being a chore to choose a car for an event so I need all the feedback I can get.

Did you get a track the rest of us don't have Ferrari? I don't have Suzuka Reverse on my track list...lol.

March 25th, 2013

Behold, the Interceptor!

HighSpeedRing_zpsdc952d8e.jpg

NCemtB / Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74 / Standard / 461 PP / Tuned / SM Tires / ABS-1 / 153 MPH

I kinda feel like a tool using SM tires, but there was no way this car was staying under max speed on SH's... Oh well, it looks and sounds the business!

I think I'm going to give you guys a break from me this week. I might show up to watch, but I'm probably not going to race.

The problem staying under that lap time is that if the target time was done with a spec or lightly tuned car it pretty much restricts anybody close to JP's speed to the same type of car.

I have SLR McLaren qualified for HSR, close to 250 km/h top speed, lots of ballast and limiter, seems fine with me :) SH tires and no ABS. Also got SL 55 AMG, V8 Vantage and the new Vantage, qualified no problem and decent top speed.

The problem staying under that lap time is that if the target time was done with a spec or lightly tuned car it pretty much restricts anybody close to JP's speed to the same type of car.

That probably means you can make the target in the Tank Car...lol. You're right though, but the way I figured it, most of these cars handle beautifully stock and with only 3 real corners, tuning isn't a must to get around here. I figured most guys would just try a couple of stock machines, maybe throw on a close ratio 6 speed and have at it.

Once again, I probably overthought things...lol..:ouch::indiff::scared: and :dunce:

EDIT: I'm going to open up the Lounge tonight around 8 so we can run some laps with drafting and such and some sprints. If anyone is interested drop a line in here. If no one shows I'll only stay a few minutes. I'm flexible on the time if someone can only make it earlier or later but I'm only good for 30-45 minutes.

Last edited:
That probably means you can make the target in the Tank Car...lol. You're right though, but the way I figured it, most of these cars handle beautifully stock and with only 3 real corners, tuning isn't a must to get around here. I figured most guys would just try a couple of stock machines, maybe throw on a close ratio 6 speed and have at it.

Once again, I probably overthought things...lol..:ouch::indiff::scared: and :dunce:
LOL no I have tried 6 tuned cars so far and have run between a 15.3 to 17.9 while all topping out at 155 mph.

I like the idea of building a car up to spec more then limiting a fast car so I'm working on a BMW 330i.

A couple of good practice races tonight. Some things to keep in mind for tomorrow.

1. The guardrails are like magnets, you have to crank the wheel hard left to get off of them, then you shoot across the track out of control. To avoid carnage, don't do that...:yuck:..when in traffic. Take your lumps and when the field has gone by get out as safely and as quick as you can.

2. We're going to treat the banked sweeping corners the same as Nascar does when it comes to corner rights. Once you pick a line, high or low, you can only move down or up when it's perfectly clear. Even a tiny amount of overlap is enough to warrant that car having the right to their part of the track in the corner, even if the overlap occurs only after entering the corner. In other words, the usual rules about having overlap entering a corner before you have the right to your own part of the track are suspended for the banked sweeping corners, 1, 2 and the last one. If you establish any amount of overlap at any point of the corner, you have the right to your side of the track unimpeded by the car beside you just like in Nascar.

3. Try to not squeeze guys high or low. It's fine to get alongside, but make sure you leave more than a lane +1 inch on the high or low side as you do it.

So is the target time to be based on free run or drafting? 1:17 running solo will be 15's in the draft.

Beware of the bump draft lag spike.I gave JP a small boost on the main straight and my car suddenly slowed dropping me to the back.The cars behind did a great job avoiding a slow car.

So is the target time to be based on free run or drafting? 1:17 running solo will be 15's in the draft.

Beware of the bump draft lag spike.I gave JP a small boost on the main straight and my car suddenly slowed dropping me to the back.The cars behind did a great job avoiding a slow car.

Always on the free run, solo lap times. Yes there was a bit of lag last night. Little spikes here and there. I saw that happen to you...that doesn't happen very often...lol..luckily.

Haven't even driven the track yet this week, heading into the lounge for an hour of pre-practice in my Maserati.

Great racing tonight gents! Hope you all weren't too terrified of the Interceptor... lol

Back