DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Iain and Brandon have to hand in their man cards for committing the cardinal sin of not knowing who Adriana Lima is...:crazy:

I'll be opening up a hybrid friendly room tonight, around 9, 500-600PP, realistic hybrids only. Look in the Interest Checks forum for a room number or just follow my profile if you're on my Friends list. 👍

Bad news guys, I am going to be offline for a while as my PS3 is out of commission ... just did a tear down again ... after more than 2 years since I did it. Really weird as today, my PS3 won't start anymore, leaving only 3 beeps and red light, it never overheats as I ran it without top cover for over 2 years and the fan never speeds up.

I found out after disassemble that the thermal paste under IHS and on the heat sink plate are all dried up ... will clean and replace them, not sure if the damage has been done, last time had it on was idling on XMB for an hour or so after having random shutdown when streaming movies. Then it won't turn on again the day after :grumpy:

8599603551_7b5c81217c_c_d.jpg

8599603573_fc8036c32f_c_d.jpg

Bad news guys, I am going to be offline for a while as my PS3 is out of commission ... just did a tear down again ... after more than 2 years since I did it. Really weird as today, my PS3 won't start anymore, leaving only 3 beeps and red light, it never overheats as I ran it without top cover for over 2 years and the fan never speeds up.

👎 That sucks Orido, hopefully this teardown will solve your other problems maybe? Anyways, I'm in the lounge right now, driving my favorite NSX, that I raced at Tsukuba & Deep Forest.

^ Yeah, hopefully replacing the thermal paste will solve my PS3 problems, I am ordering GC Extreme online now. Have you got my white NSX Type R '02 Twin Turbo ? I don't remember which cars I have on share now :D The Evo VI has stock black wheels, 800HP Superleggera Twin Turbo engine.

^ Yeah, hopefully replacing the thermal paste will solve my PS3 problems, I am ordering GC Extreme online now. Have you got my white NSX Type R '02 Twin Turbo ? I don't remember which cars I have on share now :D The Evo VI has stock black wheels, 800HP Superleggera Twin Turbo engine.

That sucks man...time to bite the bullet and get a new one I think:dopey:

It also sucks that you have a bunch of cars for me and they aren't on share!! I think I'm able to do most of them myself now...I'll keep you updated. 👍👍

That sucks man...time to bite the bullet and get a new one I think:dopey:

It also sucks that you have a bunch of cars for me and they aren't on share!! I think I'm able to do most of them myself now...I'll keep you updated. 👍👍

I am going to put my last effort to save my PS3 :sly: I checked the PS3 mainboard and RSX + Cell chip, they are fine, I am getting the new thermal paste next week - Arctic Silver MX4 :D, looks like the past 6 months my PS3 running on drying thermal paste, I learned that some games are taxing the PS3 heavily, 1.0 GT5 actually less taxing than the latest version ... and Fallout 3 seems to be on safe side when pushing the PS3 CPU. I am sure the PS3 safety feature to auto shutdown and preventing it to turn on actually works to save the CPU + GPU and I hope the issues haunting my PS3 was also due to this drying thermal paste:scared:

I also realized that the fan speed do not correlate with heat dissipation from CPU or it's temperature... the fan never goes up in speed :confused:

What's going on in this thread? :odd: Some kind of April Fools Edition here? :odd: I don't see anything foolish happening for Monday's parameters... :odd: :lol: :lol:
Ya had me worried there that I had competition in the foolish department. :lol: :sly:

April 1st, 2013

NuumlrburgringGP_D_2_zps851068aa.jpg

NCemtB / Dodge SRT-4 '03 / Standard / 438 PP / Tuned / SH Tires / ABS - 1 / 124 mph

Last edited:
Ended up having to work today, so I'm out for tonight... :(

If anyone would be interested in a Saturday event using tonight's format, I'd be willing to host... Usual 10:00am EST start time.

Ended up having to work today, so I'm out for tonight... :(

If anyone would be interested in a Saturday event using tonight's format, I'd be willing to host... Usual 10:00am EST start time.

I'm probably out for tonight too so I'd be down for a Saturday rerun. 👍

Wow, Cote, great car choice 👍 I wish I could watch the race :( The sound of that FGT will send shivers to other drivers around it, paving your way to victory :lol: and the replay alone would be ... I can't imagine multiple FGT in a replay with their engine screaming around the track.

Looks like a low turnout tonight. Hopefully I don't get called in to work, it's been an average day so far...hope it keeps up:scared: If we only 3 or 4 show up we'll switch to some shorter sprints for a while and then play it by ear.

Looks like a low turnout tonight. Hopefully I don't get called in to work,

When will you know if you can attend or not?

Who else will be able to race tonight? It is understood, Brandon, NC and Orido are not able.

1351520174-1.jpg

Last edited:
My Clio sport/premium/431pp/tuned/sh/abs/125 mph
and 330i/standard/425pp/tuned/sh/abs/12x mph (never ran w/o draft)

Good racing tonight fellas, especially the last one, that was a classic. Three way fight for second right to the flag between 2 BMW's and an FGT!!:sly:

I've decided to take a week off from racing so we can have some open discussion on where to go from here. I'm concerned that we aren't attracting new faces to the racing and while it's great fun to toss a car around with 4-6 drivers every week, it's a lot of work on my end with no growth or prospect in sight for building Deadnuts into the GT5 Juggernaut I had hoped it would become.

I blame most of it on GT5 being in it's death throes and so few people actually joining the GT series and looking for places to race. I think basically everyone that is here now has found somewhere to go and people would rather stay with what they know, then break new ground. The racing here is as good as it gets, the competition as tough and fair as I think you can throw together in an online racing sim, given all the variables inherent in the game and in each of our hardware set ups.

Unless it picks up, a couple of the things I'll probably do is drop the posting of results, and the fancy graphics with the race targets as a way to save some time to focus on qualifying cars. I like doing it, I think it looks cool, but it is time consuming. I'll go with a standard format of print only, targets in bold, different colour sort of thing.

NC has come up with a Vintage Japanese target which we'll probably do in two weeks. I believe it was 1:13 at Tsukuba on CS/SH tires but he can correct me if I'm wrong.

In the meantime, I'd like to throw it open for discussion if anyone has any ideas of where to go from here. I'm ok with getting together once a week with a few of us just for laughs and continuing what we're doing as long as it's ok with you guys to drop the results postings and the fancy target posts.

Back