DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
EDIT: It's 422hp so that's a mulitplier of 1/2. 1/4 should get me to 211 and all the usual upgrades are available so it should be tunable well into the 300 hp range. I'll put this one on share. It looks to be bone stock except for the tranny. If you leave the stock gearbox on it, don't even open the custom because you lose the stock one, you'll get a 9 speed transmission. First 6 are the usual track gears the other, 7 for larger tracks and 8 and 9 for Lemans or top speed runs. Just the sound of it firing up when you get into the car is enough to make you cry. :)

So if I understand this correctly, the car has 422hp which is half of stock power (844hp) and with all upgrades you can tune an additional 300hp into it?

I'm a complete :dunce: when it comes to hybrids.

Great racing last night, I had a ton of fun, passing, being passed, passing again. very clean except for some yellow paint on my rear bumper at the end, but even then nothing to worry about.
It was like everyone was there for a fun race more than to finish ahead of everyone else.
Looking forward to Tsukuba, thank you JP for setting the targets. I will try to come up with something spectacular.:mischievous:

Ferrari, do you have this one on share?
jSmJXWe.jpg

So if I understand this correctly, the car has 422hp which is half of stock power (844hp) and with all upgrades you can tune an additional 300hp into it?

I'm a complete :dunce: when it comes to hybrids.

When you swap motors you can multiply the base power of that motor in 1/4's. So if it's an 800 hp motor you can make it 200,400,600,800,1000,1200 etc. That's your "stock" power. On top of that, you can usually add all the usual upgrades that come with the chassis you are putting the motor into. In the case of the RX-8, that's engine upgrades, ECU, Exhaust etc, and Turbo 1, 2, 3 and Supercharger I believe. I think you can tune a regular RX-8 and RX-7 from 450-550 PP , widest range in the game so this should be she same. With all add ons you should be able to at least double the base power, same as you would the stock motor, just with a different motor.

Borrow the car and do whatever you want with it and see what happens. You can do any upgrades you want to a borrowed car and they don't stick on my end.

Keep in mind I'm using software, so it's limited to what you can do. If you are hex editing, going into the save and moving lines of code around, it's pretty much unlimited. If you need further details, PM me, I don't want to get banned ...lol.

Ferrari, do you have this one on share?

I can share it if you want, its got the suspension and engine from the RX8 race car, with the Atenza chassis.

I also have an RX7 with the 787B motor in it, since I know NC asked about one.

Made a stock RX7 with 220 hp (racing exhaust has to be fitted to get the sound), 787B engine, upgradeable well into the 300's with the usual tuning options, grip detuned to 98/100 (to keep the corner speeds down to more average cars and top speed up slightly) Should make a good Deadnuts car for just about any track. On share as we speak, made it while eating lunch...back to work!!

I'm thinking of putting a Super GT motor into my 350z from last night. The R35's sound really good, but are obviously too powerful. Going to limit it to around 250hp. Plus then, Brandon doesn't have to complain about the sound. :sly: Almost 100% certain I'm using it at Tsukuba. Should be fun, and I can share it for anyone interested.

@JP: I don't plan on doing any building of my own, was just curious how it worked.

@Cote: I don't see myself getting very addicted, having to borrow glitch to get these cars for myself is about enough to put me off... lol

@JP: I don't plan on doing any building of my own, was just curious how it worked.

@Cote: I don't see myself getting very addicted, having to borrow glitch to get these cars for myself is about enough to put me off... lol

You don't have to borrow glitch. Just borrow it off share, drive it, if you like it I'll just send it to you. Limit 1 per day. Building them is easy though. It actually takes more time to quit to the XMB, save the game to USB and then reload the game off the USB and fire it up again. The actually hybriding, especially simple engine swaps, takes seconds. Took about 5 minutes to drop that motor into the RX-7 from beginning to end, most of it saving, reloading and rebooting the game.

I didn't think I'd get addicted either. But I have to be honest and say it's really revived my interest in the game. No end to the combinations and cars that handled like crap before, you can make into track worthy now.

Chuck Norris Edit: I'll be in the Lounge for a while setting up the target for next week..

Last edited:
nexteventbanner.png

April 15 & 22, 8PM EST
tsukuba106shsm.jpg

Q car: BMW Z4, Fully Tuned, 414PP, 160 km/h

Top speed limit entering first corner: 167km/h

Note: This is a dual compound race on Sports Hard and Medium Tires with Tire Wear OFF

If you cannot stay below the Max Speed on SH Tires, you must switch to SM.
Car selection is open to standard cars and hybrids, no 4WD.

Heat 1: 6 laps, fastest first
Race 1 &2: 9 laps, reverse grid
Race 3: 13 laps, reverse grid.

Note: I had an idea for the second week. I really like the motorcycle version of this course, with the added chicane. I've only raced it once but it was fun. If you guys are up for it, we'll use the same qualifying time using the normal track, then race on the GP track. Try a few laps using the chicane and see what you think.

no 4WD.

I really like the motorcycle version of this course, with the added chicane. I've only raced it once but it was fun. .

Jp, I suggest that it might be time to remove the 4WD ban, I feel it is from a past era.👎

Great idea about using the chicane, why not even do it for next Monday. Like you I used to do it in Tourist Trophy and I even do it now, on my own, every now and then.👍

Ferraridude308/Nissan 350Z '07/Premium/435PP/Hybrid:Spec/SH/No ABS/98mph/157km/h

Same car as last night, I really liked the way it felt. And now it has the engine from this beastly car, limited down to 215HP:
Calsonic-Pit.jpg

So I don't wanna hear any complaints, Brandon. :P

Last edited:
Jp, I suggest that it might be time to remove the 4WD ban, I feel it is from a past era.👎

Great idea about using the chicane, why not even do it for next Monday. Like you I used to do it in Tourist Trophy and I even do it now, on my own, every now and then.👍

4wd ban is going to stay. It's just too big of an advantage to ignore. All it takes is one person to start at the back, get a rocket start and win, and before you know it, everyone has to have a 4wd to be competitive. We'll bring them back for a race here or there. 👍

We'll give everyone time to get accustomed to driving the chicane before we agree on what to do with it.

We'll give everyone time to get accustomed to driving the chicane before we agree on what to do with it.

I raced the chicane on Saturday passed with C.R.A.P. in a stock elise RM '96 on SH tyres - it is a nice little corner if you enter it right, the exit is really smooth and feels faster than without the chicane.

So I would be all for using the chicane the second week.

Johnnypenso
4wd ban is going to stay. It's just too big of an advantage to ignore. All it takes is one person to start at the back, get a rocket start and win, and before you know it, everyone has to have a 4wd to be competitive. We'll bring them back for a race here or there. 👍

Could always do a rolling start in some race if you want to mix it up with 4wd. Not a big fan of rolling starts but it would work for this :)

Could always do a rolling start in some race if you want to mix it up with 4wd. Not a big fan of rolling starts but it would work for this :)

Yes, that's come up before but usually shot down in flames. Response is usually along those lines too, "not a fan of rolling starts.."..lol. Since we're all on our honour, something else that might work if somone really wants to drive a 4wd car is just to not take advantage of it off the start. After that it's all equal.

something else that might work if someone really wants to drive a 4wd car is just to not take advantage of it off the start. After that it's all equal.

I believe it would not be an issue with this group, the interest of our events are the battling for position, not running away at the front, as you mentioned all it takes to make it work is honor and we have that in spades in this group.:cheers:

OR, if you really wanted to use a car that is 4WD in the game, just change the drivetrain to FR or MR and then you'll still be using the Lancer Evo, Suby or R8 etc. but it won't have the advantages of a 4WD. Just another option.

March 15th, 2013

Going back to my old faithful at Tsukuba...

TsukubaCircuit_1_zpsaff24a7c.jpg

NCemtB / Subaru BRZ S '12 / Premium / 414 PP / Tuned / SH Tires / ABS - 1 / 102mph

This is my ride for Monday, the weather report is announcing bad weather:scared:, you never know when you will have to Swim, so here is the Schwimmwagen.
319956_511899692200560_818121890_n.jpg

PS, no worries it is MR, swim with only two legs.:)

This is my ride for Monday, the weather report is announcing bad weather:scared:, you never know when you will have to Swim, so here is the Schwimmwagen.

PS, no worries it is MR, swim with only two legs.:)

OH! I am dead excited now for Monday, that looks like so much to race with. :scared:

I'm going to feel pretty lame with just an engine swap...lol..:nervous::ouch::sly: Have to see if I can make my car breathe fire or something exciting...:cheers:

I have it on share, you might find it simply irresistible ( Robert Palmer) :)
of course, you have to wear to proper outfit to drive it.:cool:

Not too fussed about driving it, really - I would love to race it with you though.

I'm going to feel pretty lame with just an engine swap...lol..:nervous::ouch::sly: Have to see if I can make my car breathe fire or something exciting...:cheers:

:lol: I'm probably going to run a bog standard good ole GT5 original car. :crazy:

Bender.jpg

Working on an S2000 trying to keep it stock. I can run 1.07-1.08 fairly consistently. Might need to tune the suspension to take care of some over steer, and hopefully knock it down to the 1.06 target time.

Back