DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Fernando-Alonso-vencedor-GP-China-2013.1png.png
What's that, NC? :sly: :lol:

Anyways, here's Monday's Submission of NSX-Hybrid-Awesome:

It has the Engine from the '06 Takata NSX SuperGT (Multiplied to 1/2 power), and the chassis and suspension from the Castrol NSX from the 2000 JGTC season. :D

Ferraridude308/Honda NSX '91 (Hybrid)/Premium/410PP/Sports Hard/ABS Off/98mph

Thinking back to the first DNE event, I drove an NSX as well around here. However, on the same tires, it did a time 1 second greater than this week's car, with 15 extra PP. I know for a fact that chassis swaps change PP, so I would think that an NSX with a JGTC chassis would have a much higher PP than the stock NSX, while doing at least equal times, because that's how the PP system works on very light cars. Another interesting discovery I made, is that this week's NSX, while being only 20kg lighter, has the same top speed as my tifosi turd, but with exactly 30 less HP. It seems like a big gap to me, but maybe my gearing is different.

For Monday, are we keeping the same pace? But using the extra turn?

The extra turn doesn't add a huge amount of time, so same pace is fine, I think. Can we use different cars for next week?

The plan was to use the same pace as on the main track, and just use the MotoGP track in the race. If I remember right, it actually adds a couple of seconds to the lap and you have to get the exit of the chicane just right to keep up the momentum. Use a lot of grass on the inside to straighten it out as much as possible. I'll run some laps tonight hopefully to give you guys an idea of the pace.

Of course you can use different cars....lol.

Since we are keeping the same pace with the extra turn, so now we have an additional turn and a longer track, should we allow for a faster top speed?

Just took the PEWN Mazda RX-787B for a spin, great handling but I would prefer just a little more power. I was able to do a 1.06.6 but I was pushing as hard as I could. I wasn't sure if we were running the moto gp track last Monday so I made a tune for each track. Just need to switch from setting a to setting b.

flesxruoyxllik
Just took the PEWN Mazda RX-787B for a spin, great handling but I would prefer just a little more power. I was able to do a 1.06.6 but I was pushing as hard as I could. I wasn't sure if we were running the moto gp track last Monday so I made a tune for each track. Just need to switch from setting a to setting b.

Same speed with both set up?

Since we are keeping the same pace with the extra turn, so now we have an additional turn and a longer track, should we allow for a faster top speed?

Qualify on the short track exactly as last week, but we run on the long track. If anyone wants to, they can take the exact same car as last week and run it with no changes. There is no lap time target for the longer track, we just qualify on the short track and run on the long track.

Dial it up!!! Did you run it offline or did you borrow it permanently and run it online? It could probably be a little looser, it's pretty sticky and tight as it is now. Might have to loosen it up to get through the chicane quickly.

Sounds sweet though don't she??:)

Speaking of the chicane, does anybody feel like group practice on it between now and Monday? I've never driven it competitively, and my NSX is quite a bit more loose than the 350, so I would like to get comfortable with the track and car before the actual races. Last week I was a mess in the first race because the Z turned into a different beast off-line, so I'm hoping to eliminate that for this week.

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow Ferrari. I've whipped up a few more cars I'd like to try out. I usually run in Bloodredsky's room when I'm online. He's usually around 9-11 EST. There are 5 or 6 regulars of all skill levels and it's hybrid friendly if anyone wants to follow me in there. Sometimes it's a private lounge, usually a public lobby. A good relaxed atmosphere, most guys use mic's, usually only 5-7 drivers so plenty of room. Anywhere from 450SH to 600SS but usually in the 500-600 range. 4-6 lap races usually depending on the track, tire/fuel on high. Drivetrains sometimes restricted sometimes not. Lost of variety.

Here's my wide and low NSX for this week:

And here's a picture I forgot that I took of a close finish.

Weird point system, don't get it at all.. but congrats to sagaris that's great!

Looks like double points for Lemans, maybe an extra point for pole and/or fastest lap to make it look confusing...lol.

Ah that must be it ^^ Real confusing looking at it like this but i guess it made sense for those in the series. :)

All this hybrid talk lately have been interesting, too bad i haven't been able to join and watch any of them in action. Rumour has it that some sound real beefy... ;)

I always have a couple on share if you want to try them out..if you have any preferences let me know and I might have something that appeals to you.

So did we ever come to an official ruling on the target time for this week?

1:06.000 around the GP circuit or 1:06.000 around the regular circuit and we'll just run the GP circuit instead?

So did we ever come to an official ruling on the target time for this week?

1:06.000 around the GP circuit or 1:06.000 around the regular circuit and we'll just run the GP circuit instead?

I'm available for some testing if anyone is into it tonight. Post something up here and I'll check back every 15-20 minutes or send me a message if you see me online and hopefully I'll see it:dopey:

NC and I are in the Lounge:tup:💡👍

If you need a target to tune to, it looks like 1:08.5 is about the fastest so far.

EDIT: 1:08.5 will be the official target for Monday's race, Tsukuba, using the MotoGP chicane.

Last edited:
NC and I left the lounge, its empty now. For anyone who qualified this week's car using the normal track, I've found that not all cars transfer their times over to 1:08.5's. The NSX required about 5 extra PP to reach the time on the MotoGP track, but goes over on the normal track. Just a heads up so y'all aren't left behind by JP, NC and me on raceday! :lol:

Regarding driving that new corner complex, I don't know what's the better route to take when in traffic. I've found that slowing down to go single file disrupts traffic behind, but going side by side almost always ends up with the outside car in the grass. You lose time both ways, I just can't decide on the lesser of the two evils. :lol:

Look at who the WSC III GT Champ is...some of you might recognize that name at the top!! Congratulations Sag:bowdown::cheers:
Thanks, JP, Niko and Cote.
-------
I imagine the RX8 will need reductions, as it should be able to corner that chicane faster than most. Shouldn't be much work though.

I have an hour or so to kill so I opened a Lobby, 450SH/500SM if anyone wants to follow me in. Should be easy to find with a search too.

Back