DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Cote, not sure how much it affected my speed I'll have to let you know when I get on tomorrow.

JP, no I don't have the permanent borrow app. so I just ran it offline. The 787B is my favorite engine sound in the game.

Don't think I'll need to use the B setting, I think I was doing around 1.08 with the A setting around the chicane I'll post again tomorrow to confirm everything.

cotedazur06/Tesla Roadster/Premium/444PP/Outlaw/SH/ABS Off/161 KMH

tesla-eckh-01.jpg

Thank you Flesx, JP has clarify the situation about the pace, looking forward to Monday.

In honor of Lotus and their amazing, and un-Ferrari-like :sly: double podium at the Bahrain GP, I will be racing this tonight...

TsukubaCircuit_2_zps4d77fef5.jpg

NCemtB / Lotus Elise 111 R '04 / Premium / 410 PP / Tuned / SH Tires / ABS - 1 / 101 MPH

This is the car I'm using for tonight followed by the tune if you're interested:

iainoflo85/Autobacs Garaiya '02/Standard/420PP/Tuned/SH/ABS/103mph

The Tune:

8672458915_ee9234e0d0_c.jpg

Stock stats:

197BHP from OCD
191BHP from Ticket
800kg
452PP OCD
448PP Ticket

Last edited:
Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...

When is the lounge gonna be "officially" open?

:dunce:

Great eevening of online racing once again, a pleasure to drive with every one. Much more satisfied with the Teslar, than I was with the Swimmwagen, if a little less spectacular.
Waited almost all evening for some one to make mistake to gain position, but this group is getting too good and way too consistent, if it keeps like that we will have to race with KERS and the open aero thingy like the big boys.
looking forward to Deep Forest next week.

nexteventbanner.png

Monday April 29 & May 6, 8PM EST
deepforest133cssh.jpg

Q cars: BMW Z4, 404pp, Top Speed 191 km/h

Top speed limit entering first corner: 199 km/h or 124 mph

Note: This is a dual compound race on CS and SH Tires

If you cannot stay below the Max Speed on CS Tires, you must switch to SH.
Car selection is open to all but 4WD.

Heat 1: 4 laps, fastest first
Race 2,3: 8 laps, reverse grid
Race 4: 11 laps, reverse grid.

Last edited:
Looks like the hybrids have been patched...that really blows. No penalties, they just reprogrammed the cars to apparently revert back to normal. Can't tell you how disappointing that is when it comes to GT5...👎👎

Looks like the hybrids have been patched...that really blows. No penalties, they just reprogrammed the cars to apparently revert back to normal. Can't tell you how disappointing that is when it comes to GT5...👎👎

Meh... I won't be losing any sleep over this. :indiff:

Where did you learn this? I hope the unpaintable painted cars stay the same. :nervous:

New thread about the 2.12 update - maintenance is going on right now. But all hybrid cars have been reverted to original before hacked status.

EDIT: I think someone said the unpaintable cars stay painted.

Last edited:
nexteventbanner.png

Monday April 29 & May 6, 8PM EST
deepforest133cssh.jpg

Q cars:
Mazda RX-7 Hybrid 390PP

Top speed limit entering second corner: TBD

Note: This is a dual compound race on CS and SH Tires

If you cannot stay below the Max Speed on CS Tires, you must switch to SH.
Car selection is open to all but 4WD.

Heat 1: 4 laps, fastest first
Race 2,3: 8 laps, reverse grid
Race 4: 11 laps, reverse grid.

Sorry guys, forgot to record top speed on the front straight..I'll get it tomorrow. For reference sake the BMW Z4 was 12 points higher in PP at Tsukuba compared to the RX-7 Hybrid I raced with(414pp vs. 402pp).
Maple Leafs vs Canadians? ^^ Oh the childhood memories.. (me and my brothers favourite teams :P)

Anyone tried the hybrids with only added turbo parts, like my Amuse 380RS TT or NSX TT ? Are they still working ? From what I saw on other threads, only parts swapping gets reverted back. Most of my hybrids are engine down tuning, added turbo or twincharger, removal of DF, rarely do chassis/engine swap, except for requests :D

Also newly made hybrids after update, anyone try it ?

Meh... I won't be losing any sleep over this. :indiff:

Agreed. I'm not sure why but they didn't sit well with me at all and that's part of the reason why recently I haven't been racing here much. Plus, the idiots making 1 million horsepower cars were going to ruin whatever was left of the public room racing community.

Maple Leafs vs Canadians? ^^ Oh the childhood memories.. (me and my brothers favourite teams :P)

Nice to see someone noticed, and you're not a Canuck!!!:sly:

Anyone tried the hybrids with only added turbo parts, like my Amuse 380RS TT or NSX TT ? Are they still working ? From what I saw on other threads, only parts swapping gets reverted back. Most of my hybrids are engine down tuning, added turbo or twincharger, removal of DF, rarely do chassis/engine swap, except for requests :D

Also newly made hybrids after update, anyone try it ?

Next couple of days will reveal all the dirty details.

Agreed. I'm not sure why but they didn't sit well with me at all and that's part of the reason why recently I haven't been racing here much. Plus, the idiots making 1 million horsepower cars were going to ruin whatever was left of the public room racing community.

Sorry you feel that way, but you're wrong about the online community. Does it matter if someone ruins a room with a 1500hp X1 vs. a 1,000,000 hp X1? Lobbies have HP limits if you want them, it's an easy problem to fix. Would you enter a lobby that had no HP restrictions and expect a clean race? Good drivers don't go there to begin with.

I returned to open lobby racing the last month or so exclusively in hybrids and never once saw an X1 or a car that used excessive hp to break the PP system. Never once. I opened lobbies promoting hybrids and the drivers were all decent and courteous, never once had to kick anyone. If you used the same selection process to find a lobby that I outlined below in my sig, your chances of finding a good room were actually pretty good, hydrids or no hybrids.

Before hybriding, you were lucky at this point to find 100 lobbies open in a night, most of the drag, cruise, drift. After hybriding it often shot up to 250-300 per night, with circuit racing making a small comeback. It'll probably die right back down again now.

My GT5 is not going to be connected until I understand what is going to happen to my hybrids, if they are modified by the update, I know what I have to do, but the hybrid are staying in my game. GT5 without the hybrid, I don't think so!

My GT5 is not going to be connected until I understand what is going to happen to my hybrids, if they are modified by the update, I know what I have to do, but the hybrid are staying in my game. GT5 without the hybrid, I don't think so!

If you can do that, let me know how it's done please.

If you can do that, let me know how it's done please.

Working on it.:sly: but at this stage no update and keep the latest game save in a safe place.

So far the reason why the Hybrid are affected after the update is because the game gets his info from the game data instead of from the save data, so what is funny is that the game is actually hybriding the car back to normal by putting the original body back on the modified car, hilarious.

Sorry you feel that way, but you're wrong about the online community. Does it matter if someone ruins a room with a 1500hp X1 vs. a 1,000,000 hp X1? Lobbies have HP limits if you want them, it's an easy problem to fix. Would you enter a lobby that had no HP restrictions and expect a clean race? Good drivers don't go there to begin with.

I returned to open lobby racing the last month or so exclusively in hybrids and never once saw an X1 or a car that used excessive hp to break the PP system. Never once. I opened lobbies promoting hybrids and the drivers were all decent and courteous, never once had to kick anyone. If you used the same selection process to find a lobby that I outlined below in my sig, your chances of finding a good room were actually pretty good, hydrids or no hybrids.

Before hybriding, you were lucky at this point to find 100 lobbies open in a night, most of the drag, cruise, drift. After hybriding it often shot up to 250-300 per night, with circuit racing making a small comeback. It'll probably die right back down again now.

So the online community is thriving for people who hack the game. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't hack and don't understand what's involved with it so they don't even bother going to a room because they presume they'll get whooped by some illegitimate super car. I fall into that group, I used to dip into public rooms for fun every now and then but haven't bothered since the hybrids happened.

I'm in no way criticizing any of you for doing your hybrid thing, to each his own. I barely have time to get a car prepped to race with this group, I have not found any time to research every detail of what can and can't be done with hacking. I presumed that any limits set on a room (HP, PP, etc.) could be defeated by hacking, apparently this is not the case but because I haven't found time to educate myself on it I just stayed away from it. But it's just a matter of time before some clever person with too much free time figured out how to defeat any room restrictions. Too many unknowns, without having properly researched it I opted to just stay away from it until I knew more about what kind of cheating could be done, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who felt the same way. I'm glad it rejuvenated GT5 for some of you (lord knows we all need that) but for some of us it had the opposite effect.

So the online community is thriving for people who hack the game. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't hack and don't understand what's involved with it so they don't even bother going to a room because they presume they'll get whooped by some illegitimate super car. I fall into that group, I used to dip into public rooms for fun every now and then but haven't bothered since the hybrids happened.

I'm in no way criticizing any of you for doing your hybrid thing, to each his own. I barely have time to get a car prepped to race with this group, I have not found any time to research every detail of what can and can't be done with hacking. I presumed that any limits set on a room (HP, PP, etc.) could be defeated by hacking, apparently this is not the case but because I haven't found time to educate myself on it I just stayed away from it. But it's just a matter of time before some clever person with too much free time figured out how to defeat any room restrictions. Too many unknowns, without having properly researched it I opted to just stay away from it until I knew more about what kind of cheating could be done, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who felt the same way. I'm glad it rejuvenated GT5 for some of you (lord knows we all need that) but for some of us it had the opposite effect.

Online circuit racing open lobbies was pretty much dead for months, especially if you didn't want to use RS tires. Dead, as in very, very few rooms and sometimes none. I've gone through entire pages of lobbies in the last few months and found no PP based circuit racing. It was all drags, drifting and run anything rooms. Anyone who says their circuit racing experience was ruined because of hybrids is full of crap because no one was doing it. And the number of rooms was way down. There were nights with less than 100 lobbies open. After hybriding, 250-300 was common.

The PP system was well intact with hybrids, outside of the crazy powered cars that break the PP system which are easy to spot and combat. I tried and tried and tried and so did a little network of us, to find combinations of grip, engine and chassis swaps that could make cars faster than those that were already the fastest and we couldn't do it. Made a lot of great cars, make many that were competitive in PP races that weren't in the picture before, but nothing faster than an LFA or NSX or an Elise. Those cars are already near perfection in terms of their combinations of grip and power.

In reality, nearly everything about hybrids was positive. The only downside were the cars that broke they system with massive amounts of hp and those were simple to spot and to eliminate, in other words a non-issue in lobbies with hosts paying attention.

Online circuit racing open lobbies was pretty much dead for months, especially if you didn't want to use RS tires. Dead, as in very, very few rooms and sometimes none. I've gone through entire pages of lobbies in the last few months and found no PP based circuit racing. It was all drags, drifting and run anything rooms. Anyone who says their circuit racing experience was ruined because of hybrids is full of crap because no one was doing it. And the number of rooms was way down. There were nights with less than 100 lobbies open. After hybriding, 250-300 was common.

The PP system was well intact with hybrids, outside of the crazy powered cars that break the PP system which are easy to spot and combat. I tried and tried and tried and so did a little network of us, to find combinations of grip, engine and chassis swaps that could make cars faster than those that were already the fastest and we couldn't do it. Made a lot of great cars, make many that were competitive in PP races that weren't in the picture before, but nothing faster than an LFA or NSX or an Elise. Those cars are already near perfection in terms of their combinations of grip and power.

In reality, nearly everything about hybrids was positive. The only downside were the cars that broke they system with massive amounts of hp and those were simple to spot and to eliminate, in other words a non-issue in lobbies with hosts paying attention.

You are so correct with this post that it should be sticky.👍
Open lobby's are a total waste of bandwidth.
The only reason I am looking for a solution to go back online is DNE, as I am not participating in other organised racing online with GT5, but they would of course also be very valid reason to try to still be able to race online. Hybrid are not an issue in any organised online racing.
I believe the crackdown is because of hybriding on special cars (chrome line, stealth, 5G), but they will not say that, so it is radio silence.

I am so much looking forward to Assetto Corsa, now would be perfect timing.:cool:

PS: I feel sorry for the Leafs already, at least they made it to the finals, wondering if the short season is why, but for the Leafs fans it must feel like winning the cup.:sly:

Last edited:
I believe the crackdown is because of hybriding on special cars (chrome line, stealth, 5G), but they will not say that, so it is radio silence.

Except the 5G's are still in my garage untouched. And all of the other Academy Cars that I got through hacking. I don't think much to do with the DLC.

Fair enough. But you can understand how someone who is/was ignorant all of this could be mystified and thus cautious about racing against them. I didn't really have anything against them but didn't know enough about them to feel comfortable racing against them and hadn't yet found the time to research them thoroughly.

Except the 5G's are still in my garage untouched. And all of the other Academy Cars that I got through hacking. I don't think much to do with the DLC.

So are you saying you did the update and your Hybrids are untouched?
Not sure what you are saying. I have not done the update for obvious reason, but my understanding is that hybrids are turned back into pumpkins if you do.

cinderella.jpg

So are you saying you did the update and your Hybrids are untouched?
Not sure what you are saying. I have not done the update for obvious reason, but my understanding is that hybrids are turned back into pumpkins if you do.

cinderella.jpg

I'm saying I still have Red Bull 5G's and GT Academy cars that I didn't win the first time round still in my garage and still usable. I didn't have any engine swap/any other swapped cars, but I had DLC cars. Only the JP Flag Colour car has been eliminated. The rest of what I use is DLC cars that I couldn't get first time round.

EDIT: I may try redoing the Stealth/Chromes and see if they work, I deleted them a few weeks ago, but I want them back if I can get them with 1.12.

Fair enough. But you can understand how someone who is/was ignorant all of this could be mystified and thus cautious about racing against them. I didn't really have anything against them but didn't know enough about them to feel comfortable racing against them and hadn't yet found the time to research them thoroughly.

I do understand how many people were mystified about it, and many got caught up in the hysteria of it all. I did too at first, and was railing against hybrids. Curiousity got the better of me and I tried it, then once I figured out it's limitations I set out to build some good cars and some world beaters...all I ended up with were good cars. I found a group of guys who usually run 500-575 PP on sports tires and ran in random lobbies as well, and I had 40 competitive cars, none of which were in the mix before hybriding. Once I had it figured out it only took me 5 minutes or so to come up with competitive combinations.

However, it looks as if they didn't kill everything about hybriding at this point. Some things may still be available...:sly:

Get a second hdd and install 2.12 there. Swap old hdd in when feeling the need to drive your hybrids.

Back