DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
You have our blessing. As far as we're concerned, the more people on the Parity racing bandwagon the better. It's the best system we've found so far for close, even racing, regardless of talent or skill. We've learned a few things along the way so if you have any questions feel free to post or PM them.

Good luck...hope we see you around sometime too:tup:

Thank you very much. Late last night we actually ran our first test. Japanese Classics at Tsukuba Raceway. Target time was 1:07.000. I had tested every class in the field myself less 4 I didn't own, 6 that couldn't compete (44hp or less), and 4 others simply because I'd run out of time. I did this simply to set a benchmark for HP and Kg and which parts were needed to add to the cars to get them to the time without going over, etc.

So, I invited some guys into the room, we tested for less than an hour, and ran a 15 lap, then 30 lap race. 8 men started the race, all finished within 13s of the leader. The distance between us can be attributed to a few factors; only 3 of us had ever run a road coarse together, one driver drifted the final turn on lap 20 and ended up in the pits (which ended up finishing last), and I was second furthest behind at 7 seconds because I over-drove the final turn on lap 23 and took the grass-route to the wall and bounced back onto the track, let everyone by, and continued on. All in all, it was the most exciting night of racing anyone of us had ever had and to do it in such short time, with so little information, and have so many people working together to make this happen was simply awesome! As we run together, I'm sure we'll get closer (though the top 4 were within 4 seconds of each other), and the intensity will build.

Thank you guys so much for revolutionizing our style of racing! For anyone interested, I'll post a link later to our forum where I'll be updating upcoming events. There is no points system, the only motivations here are to have intense, close racing, and if you win the main event, you get to pick from my Prize Car tickets.

George
MGD_Racing_38

Thank you very much. Late last night we actually ran our first test. Japanese Classics at Tsukuba Raceway. ....snip....
George
MGD_Racing_38

Well done George, that's a very close result.👍👍 There will always be driving mistakes that affect the results and finishing order, I'd say that's about as close as you can get:)

Hard to get motivated when the turnouts are so low and hockey playoffs are on every night. I'll see if I can whip something up in the next couple days. Someone suggested wagons and I thought of opening it up to any 4WD wagon, van or SUV.

I have received and installed my PAL disk so I will be able to race with everyone Monday.
My new name is cotedazur56, FR sent to DNE
How about we do Suzuka East, 1:01 on Comfort Softs for the next event?

Hard to get motivated when the turnouts are so low and hockey playoffs are on every night. I'll see if I can whip something up in the next couple days. Someone suggested wagons and I thought of opening it up to any 4WD wagon, van or SUV.

Habs and Leafs = Boo!

And yes! Wagons + AWD!!!

That was me. Figures we'd race them when my wheel is out of commission. :indiff:

Well that makes two of you because someone else suggested it. With the turnouts lately 2 is pretty near a majority...lol. Wagons, SUV's etc. it is...any suggestions for a track?

Well that makes two of you because someone else suggested it. With the turnouts lately 2 is pretty near a majority...lol. Wagons, SUV's etc. it is...any suggestions for a track?

That was me. I like the idea of any 4wd wagon van or SUV. Haven't put much thought into what track, probably someplace where acceleration out of corners is more important than top speed.

Last edited:

Daytona Infield, R246, A Cape Ring variant, Eiger. Haven't seen some of those here, I don't know how good Eiger or R246 would be though.

I can say that DNE helped me again tonight. Had a race on Autumn Ring with NoABS Touring Cars, and I was so much faster on the reverse track than the forward track... all thanks to our Rally event. We ran a reverse grid for the second race, everyone was freaking out about how close the racing was, I kept my mouth shut as it didn't even touch what we have here. :lol: I finished 9/12 in the first race, and 6/12 (almost 4th, but got bumped off :grumpy:) in the second, goes to show what this format can do for your skills. 👍

How many guys do you have involved in this thing so far? I can see if some of the guys that I'm running with now would be interested in your series as well. As promised here's the link to 38's Race Night. I'm sorry it's such a direct rip-off, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make yours better, and I don't see any reason to. There is also a GTPlanet thread here.

Either way, I've subscribed to this thread, so hopefully, when you set up the next event, I hope to be able to join. I have to admit, there's a lot more that goes into setting up something like this than I'd thought, but the racing is just so awesome!👍👍👍

Geo, thank you for the link, it says next race, but I could not find when the next race is, I might drop in if I am available.:cheers:
the core group of DNE is about 8 racers, with some driver coming sometimes, lately maybe a little less due to the recent update and spring being finally here for other, and oh yes, the Stanley cup play off. So if any of your guy's want to join us Monday, they are welcome. JP is the (fearless) leader and some of us are helping to the best of our ability.
All they need to do is send an FR to DNE lounge and I will insure they are accepted.👍
we should have a track/target soon. One thing is certain we are racing Monday at 8h00 PM EST.:)

Is there any objection to do Suzuka East, 1.01 target, CS, any car you want for Monday?
Any other suggestion?
Looking forward to see you all Monday night.

In the lounge now with Flesx.:gtpflag:
Ferrari thank you for the blue car, I will drive it Monday, in your honor.:cheers:

Last edited:
Did that, congratulation on your page, it is spectacular.👍
But still could not find the date and time for the next event.:dunce:

Neither could I... Perhaps you could post it in the GTP thread? 💡

I don't know if I'll be able to make it tomorrow night, but I do have a car qualified in advance, the XKR R Performance. Its a pretty nice car, even with 1700kg's for it to sling around the Suzuka esses. It goes a few mph over 120 before braking, I forgot to look at its top speed when I was testing it. :guilty: I hope I can make it! 👍

My entry for tonight at Suzuka East:

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_zps4e5dab30.jpg

NCemtB / Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA ‘05 / Premium / 437 PP / Tuned / CS Tires / ABS - 1 / 124 MPH

Latest Posts

Back