DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
I found that there is a lot of time to waste in turn one, when getting that turn perfectly, there is a possible .500 gain, but a hair too fast and you miss apex # 2 and loose a ton of time!

I thought my car seemed fast hitting 124-125mph at the end of the straight...
5 MPH between friends, is nothing. LOL.
You will gain it all back at the breaking with the ABS.:sly:

I don't know if I'll be able to make it tomorrow night, but I do have a car qualified in advance, the XKR R Performance. Its a pretty nice car, even with 1700kg's for it to sling around the Suzuka esses. It goes a few mph over 120 before braking, I forgot to look at its top speed when I was testing it. :guilty: I hope I can make it! 👍

You gonna get out of the hair dresser in time to make it tonight?

zacas_zpsf89fce30.jpg

I am aiming at being at the DNE lounge around 19h00 EST.
For the races, how about a 6 laps warm up and 3 15 laps main events.
After the races we could decide on what the next track should be.
See you later, whoever you are.:)

Promise-Final.jpg

You gonna get out of the hair dresser in time to make it tonight?

:lol: I started scheduling that on Saturdays so you wouldn't have to hear about it anymore. :sly: And as my day is now, I've got plenty of time for racing...how many of us are actually showing this week?

Sorry for the absence guys...real life stuff has come up that needed my attention. I see things are carrying on without me so carry on...lol. Good luck tonight.

And the answer is 4. We had a great time, Suzuka East is intense with that kind of racing.
I am glad to be back online to race with the DNE gang with my PAL disk, and still be able to enjoy my Modded collection on my other accounts. Best of both world. See you all next week at Motegi, the one that were racing tonight and all the others.:cheers:

Great racing tonight guys! Ferrari and I had two races of intense nose to tail action, and had some nice battles with Cote and Flesx as well! Looking forward to next week!

I will get the target for next week up tomorrow.

Sorry about sort of disappearing. I've been busy, but I sort of left the door open to race every week, only to not be able to and decided not to make that awkward post to say I couldn't race at the last moment. Looking good for next week though, ready to get back on track. :)

Ok... No fancy graphics from me, but here is the target for Monday 05/20/2013.

Track: Twin Ring Motegi East Course

Target: 1:35.000

Tires: SH / SM

Max Speed: 136 mph / 219 km/h

Q Car: BMW M3 '07 - Stock with Engine Limiter set to 91.7% / 485 PP, top speed of 132 mph on SH tires.

AWD will again be allowed for this week.

Last edited:
Unfortunetly, I will not be able to race with the group on Motegi.
I tried buying the DLC for my PAL account, but was unable, as I would need to have a French credit card and I do not have one.
I will catch up next event, when it is a track I have acces to.

I tried buying the DLC for my PAL account, but was unable, as I would need to have a French credit card and I do not have one.

Any chance you can track down a French PSN gift card or some type of prepaid thing?

Did that, congratulation on your page, it is spectacular.👍
But still could not find the date and time for the next event.:dunce:

GTPlanet Forum

Sorry for the late reply, I've been testing for lap times and speeds.

Sorry, all racing is on Wednesdays at 9PM ET US, it's just dawning on my now that I only posted that in the event details that only comes up if you click on the calendar event... Very sorry for the inconvenience. If you guys want to try to enter tonight and you think you have enough time to prepare a car, send MGD_Racing_38 so you can enter the lounge.

Otherwise, feel free to click on the Calendar link (on the MGD Proboards site) and start to prepare for the following week's race, though I don't have a target time or speed just yet. (I'm thinking it will be 2:05.000 if I can get the Saleen to go that slow, with a Top Speed of 165mph at the end of the front stretch).

Thank you very much for the compliments on the page, I'm 100% new at anything pertaining to forums and web pages, etc. If you guys would like, you're more than welcome to come aboard, I'll set up a Board for you guys to post in and you can add your event details there as well. Maybe get some sort of a mashup of all of us running together in different systems... Who knows? I know that for now I just don't have the time to run more than what I'm already doing, but I'd love to get involved in your gig as soon as I get the chance.

It's funny you guys raced Suzuka East on Monday, we hit it last Wednesday and had a ton of fun!

Check out our YouTube Page for some videos!

Anyone excited about the GT6 announcement? The details sound good to me, looking forward to the Track Creator of all things, and the new organization options available for online racing. More customization is cool but I don't think it means engine/drivetrain swaps and there was no mention of a livery editor. I'm a little worried that it's going to be too DLC heavy, not because of the money, but because there will be DLC every month in cars and maybe tracks too and over just a few months there will be real disparity in who has what car or track. I'm hoping if there are really iconic tracks as part of DLC they will be part of a cheap bundle most people will get or a freebie.

All in all it sounds great though:)

I'm definitely excited! GT5 seems to have become stale with most people as of late, myself included, as is noted by our decline in attendance here... While all of the new additions sound great, the big keys for me are more real world tracks and cars.

I always seem to find myself lusting over all of the DLC car packs that Forza gets, so I'm hoping PD steps up and can hold to the "new tracks and cars to be added continually" as was stated during the launch event.

I really hope to have a proper rig acquired by the time the game comes out so I can start from scratch with GT6 and a wheel.

....and there was no mention of a livery editor.

Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.

I took this to mean there would be some kind of livery editor. Could be wrong but I think the post Jordan made in the twitter feed during the event was worded a little differently and made it sound like livery editor.

A livery editor would be great, I've only read the announcements on the news page here and from that i mainly thought it would be more cosmetic parts.. which of course is also great but hoping for liveries.

Anyone excited about the GT6 announcement?

I'm a little worried that it's going to be too DLC heavy, not because of the money, but because there will be DLC every month in cars and maybe tracks too and over just a few months there will be real disparity in who has what car or track. I'm hoping if there are really iconic tracks as part of DLC they will be part of a cheap bundle most people will get or a freebie.

All in all it sounds great though:)

Didn't they promise monthly DLC once Spec 2 came out?

To be frank, not excited at all, we will see what it is really about, as right now it looks more like gt5.5 than a real advancement.
Since in PD fashion we have not been told much, in the best case scenario it is still 7 month away, and we all know from experience what happen last time with release date.
My 2 cents, is that PD is far from the only game in town, and if serious a little about SIM, there is a lot of real ( laser scanned) tracks and nice ( realistic) cars available today on PC. When we start hearing about tyre pressure and tyre temperature on GT6, I might be a little more interested.

Have any of you guys thought about PC racing? I've seen Sag in the PCARS thread, and Cote's sig about AC, but I was thinking about building a gaming PC, and was wondering if any of you have considered it.

I'm with Cote here. I'm really underwhelmed with the current videos circulating. But I'll probably buy it anyways. :indiff:

I'm really underwhelmed with the current videos circulating. But I'll probably buy it anyways. :indiff:

I will buy it, 100% certain, if only to complete my GT collection. I have no doubt it will be superior to GT5, plus it plays on GT3, no brainer.
I will never forget PD/GT2 is what started my interest in driving simulation.
First it was arcade, then SIMcade, now SIM is really where it is at and once you had the taste of SIM, SIMcade is still entertaining but like hamburger is to T.Bone.
Ferrari you do not need a PC beast to run NKP and they have servers running 24/7, no charge, let me know if you get there, we could race Silverstone sooner than you think, my team name there is Dead Nuts Even, I am waiting for you guy's.:sly:

I'm in the UK so technically if I buy a psn card, the code should work under your PAL account.
Anyone got any experience of these cards? Can two people use one?

I'm in the UK so technically if I buy a psn card, the code should work under your PAL account.
Anyone got any experience of these cards? Can two people use one?

In the US, when I buy one there is a code on the back that I input while in the store and it automatically adds the said amount of funds to my PSN account. As far as I know they aren't usable between two accounts, and I don't know if the cards are region specific (due to different currencies) but if you purchased one and sent the code to Cote, it might allow him to add the funds.

According to this, it does not seem to be an option, or is there something I do not understand?
PlayStation®Network (PSN) Cards can only be used on the PlayStation®Network (i.e. not with local or online retailers). The PSN Card, when redeemed, will place the full face value of the card into the PlayStation®Wallet. You may use the funds in your Wallet to purchase exclusive games, PS one® Classics, add-on game content, movies*, television shows* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PSP® portable entertainment system.

*United States only.
NOTES:
PSN Cards are only redeemable by PlayStation®Network Master Accounts with a United States address.
Visit your local authorized PlayStation®retailer to purchase PSN Cards.
All credit/debit cards used on the PlayStation®Network must be associated with a physical North American address.
us.playstation.com

Thanks NC, I went there, but have not found a way to get one yet, Amazon.fr are offering some but they need to be delivered in France, I am still looking
So far I have learn that the PSN card are not only region specific, but also country specific, as a French PSN card does not work on a UK or German account.

france-playstation-store/

Details for the next 38's Race Night can be found here.

A quick note and couple of questions if you guys don't mind.

I was wondering why you guys typically use comfort and sports tires rather than racing compounds. And how do you determine your top speed and lap times?

The note I wanted to make was in regards to the tires, and the reason I ask for your choice in compounds is simply that the guys I race with that bother to take the time to do what's necessary to achieve what's needed, love this type of racing and are all sorts of excited about it. They were also excited about the idea of racing with you guys and using even more cars (as our races are themed toward Seasonal Events), but were turned off by the idea as soon as I mentioned your choices for tire compounds... I myself don't care what compound I'm on, and was a bit surprised by how many people are dead set against driving on anything but racing tires, but I do understand their argument in a way as I've never been to a track and seen anyone using road tires on track day or in any form of racing... Any insight on this?

Lastly, how should I handle those that simply don't seem to want to put the effort into making their car consistent and within the limits? I seem to be plagued with people who have run a few laps, gotten a time close to the limit, and then they jump into the race and end up going way faster, or when they go slower, they bitch and moan about the game being inconsistent... it's a headache, but I want to be as diplomatic as possible without being a complete a$$. Any thoughts here?

Thanks for the help yet again.

Geo, first the easy one, lap time and top speed.
One of us, usually JP, take a car, always the same, fits the tyres we want to race with and do a few laps on a track, that gives us the pace, top speed was not always a parameter, but it is now, and is a by product of the pace.
About the tyres, they are numerous thread on the subject, but at the end of the day it as nothing to do with what some one would hypothetically do in real life, it as to do with what you enjoy using when you drive/race in GT5.
My personal view is that the racing tyre have too much grip, like driving on velcro, so in order to get the cars to be interesting to drive/race I always use either comfort or sport.
As mentioned it is personal, if someone likes his game better with Racing Soft, there is nothing wrong with that, it is just a different experience.
The only request for that formula is to respect the pace, the choice of car,is totally open, in your case you may want to even have tyre choice open, if someone is not able for whatever reason to get consistent to the pace, this formula is probably not for them.

Back