DeadNutsEven - Where anyone can win!!

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 2,278 comments
Bender.jpg

Working on an S2000 trying to keep it stock. I can run 1.07-1.08 fairly consistently. Might need to tune the suspension to take care of some over steer, and hopefully knock it down to the 1.06 target time.

Welcome back:) You can probably fix that oversteer with a custom LSD. Try it at something like 8/12/15 to start and up the final number until the oversteer is where you want it.

For more detailed info looky here:

[post=7880781]DeadNutsEven LSD Tuning Guide with a link to MotorCityHami's Full LSD Manual[/post]

Now that I look at it, it actually talks about fine tuning a stock S2000 I happened to be using at the time...at...wait for it...Tsukuba!!!!

Thanks JP I got the car dialed in more or less, only tuned LSD, transmission, and some down force. Just need to run as many laps as possible, and make sure I hit my brake points consistently, and smoothly. looking forward to racing with the Windsor wizard, and the Iceman of naptown again.

As soon as Penso Engineering Wizard of the North, aka P.E.W.N, turns out another creation, I'll be in the Lounge testing for tomorrow. English translation, I'll be there in a few minutes:sly:

My two entries straight from the PEWN:sly: Garage:

Johnnypenso/2013 Mazda RX-787B/Premium/404PP/Tuned/SH/ABS/161km/h​
rx787bwithplate.jpg

Johnnypenso/2013 (1965) Mustang - Steve McQueen
Bullitt Special Edition/Standard/417PP/Tuned/SH/ABS/160km/h​
bullittstangwithplate.jpg

Both cars are on share until tomorrow in case anyone wants to give them a spin. The 787B is a stock 2002 RX-7 with a 1/4 power 787B motor, and custom drivetrain only. The Mustang has the stock motor, 1/2 power and custom drivetrain only.

Last edited:
Johnnypenso/2013 (1965) Mustang - Steve McQueen
Bullitt Special Edition/Standard/417PP/Tuned/SH/ABS/160km/h​

I read the plate as bulls:censored:t. I'm an idiot. :dunce:

On the other hand, both of those cars sound fantastic, everyone else would have to be running a race exhaust if they would like to be able to hear their own cars though. :sly:

I will be running my 350 in a special paint scheme to commemorate today's events.
horse.gif
:lol:

I read the plate as bulls:censored:t. I'm an idiot. :dunce:

On the other hand, both of those cars sound fantastic, everyone else would have to be running a race exhaust if they would like to be able to hear their own cars though. :sly:

I will be running my 350 in a special paint scheme to commemorate today's events.
horse.gif
:lol:

Nice touch on the little prancing horse gif...thought it was a new emote:)

I always thought the Bullitt car was black...colour blind as a bat I am. Looked it up and turns out it was dark green so I repainted the car in the closest matching green I could find [aka look up] for tomorrow in case I bring her out..not sure if I want to use it on the Moto GP track or not.

Haha... the possibilities are endless!!..
band.gif
...and this...
banana.gif
....and this...
turban.gif
...and this...
drink.gif

7 posts to 2000!!!
checkeredflag.gif

Funny cause it seems Iaianoflo has exactly the same number of posts up to 2000 :D .. except that I ruined it now that is..

I'm going to jump into the Lounge early to set things up and hold the top spot. I'll be back around 7:30. Eating and watching the crazy news from Boston:ill:

Post #1998!!

Great racing tonight guys. Tsukuba is tough to pass on, especially with DeadNutsEven cars, but I think we gave a good account of ourselves tonight. So close for so many laps!!! Can't wait till next week!!

Yes, an other very nice evening of online racing, My car was very good in free air, but not so easy to drive at the hearth of the fights. Never the less I totally enjoy the few battles I have been in a position to take part of.
Looking forward for an other one next week.

I'm ready to go back next week, this week was just a warm up of what's to come! :sly: :lol:

I had quite a few awesome battles, with Iain giving me a run for my money in the first race, followed by a second race where Sag and I finished .03 apart. Then a third race, with Sag & Johnny on my tail, all the while hunting down that elusive blue-wheeled Subaru. :lol: .2 seconds apart at the line with NC.

The last race, was a bit of a disaster, Tsukuba really wears me out with the constant turning and braking, I could feel my arms getting tired around lap 4, race 4! I had a run in with Johnny, I think that's the third time I've spun him out coming out of a hairpin...:dunce:

Hopefully Ferrari wins again so I don't have to repaint the Z.

I had fun, it was a good evening of racing. 5 podiums in 5 races (with a win in the last race)! :D
Tsukuba always seems to produce good tight racing, always enjoy coming back here. I really enjoyed going side-by-side with Johnny for over half a lap.

During the last race I also discovered some sort of glitch. Lap 2 was a 1'06.330, lap 3 was also a 1'06.330, but lap 3 wasn't displayed on my "lap times display" in the top-right corner. After I finished lap 4, it was displaying laps 1, 2 and 4. Does this glitch always happen after consecutive identical lap times?

flesxruoyxllik/Honda S2000/Standard/435PP/Tunedl/Tires/ABS off/100mph
forgot to do that earlier sorry.

So you're telling us you had tires? Hard to drive without them...lol..
burnout.gif

Loved driving the Bullitt last night. It can get a little squirrelly launching out of the corners and a bit sideways on liftoff so it kept me on my toes, and the sound of course was awesome, although even I was drowned out by Ferrari's Super GT motor
zombie.gif

So you're telling us you had tires? Hard to drive without them...lol..
burnout.gif

Loved driving the Bullitt last night. It can get a little squirrelly launching out of the corners and a bit sideways on liftoff so it kept me on my toes, and the sound of course was awesome, although even I was drowned out by Ferrari's Super GT motor
zombie.gif

oops, I had sports hard on.

In the lounge, testing an NSX because I'm sick of the Z.

NEVERMIND: I left.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back